Exclusive

Scoop: Hero-Turned-Beast Sendhil Ramamurthy Is Now an Unforgettable Criminal

Unforgettable Season 2 Sendhil RamamurthyWe now know who Unforgettable crimesolver Carrie Wells’ “twin” reports to, and this boss can be a real beast.

RELATED | Brat Packer Andrew McCarthy’s Unforgettable Role

TVLine has learned exclusively that the ever-busy Sendhil Ramamurthy has been cast in the second episode of the CBS procedural’s Season 2 as Philip, a hardened career criminal who serves as the leader of an elite team of thieves assembled by a mysterious player named “Kilborn.”

Philip, who last got pinched for a heist at a Dublin racetrack, exhibits a manner described as highborn, cool and suave, though he’s capable of explosive cross-species rage.

In addition to his recent Season 1 run on The CW’s Beauty and the Beast, Ramamurthy’s TV credits include Covert Affairs and, of course, Heroes.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More than 70 Premieres and Finales

Unforgettable launches its sophomore run on Sunday, July 28 , at 9/8c.

1. TV Gord says:

I step forward as the only person on the planet (or so it seems) who enjoyed Unforgettable, and I am cheering the news that Sendhill will be on an upcoming episode. He was a standout on Heroes for me!

2. shuayb says:

I agree. He is an underrated actor and needs a juicy good role. I hate that they killed Jai. I feel he n Annie had more chemistry than he amd Auggie.

I can’t wait for his turn on Unforgettable. Need to catch up on the eps missed… Hope it does well for summer. Poppy is amazing.

• ben says:

I assume you meant to say than ANNIE and Auggie. I can’t recall the chemistry between Auggie/Jai being particularly palpable.

• Shuayb says:

Yeah I meant to say between Annie and Auggie. LoL. Chalk it up to the fact that I was almost asleep by the time I posted that comment.

3. JCK says:

I’d love for him to do a cameo on TBBT as Raj’s brother and watch Penny, Bernadette and Amy totally lose it.

• Kira says:

That is a brillant idea!!!! I would be prefectly fine with TBBT pulling a brother out of thin air as long as its him :)

• JCK says:

In the Hot Troll Deviation episode Raj says he has a lot of brothers and sisters and we’ve only met Priya, so it could be an older brother.

4. GradysMom says:

Love him, but even HE cannot make me watch the dire Unforgettable. How CBS could resurrect this rubbish and cancel the wonderful Vegas makes me shake my head in amazement.

5. GS says:

Look forward to the return although I wish I hadn’t deleted the unwatched episodes when I heard it was cancelled. Oh well, it won’t be that hard to catch up. He plays a good bad guy.

6. Bernd says:

So, now we were discussing amongst a group of TV enthusiasts: It’s the last day of business in June, so someone should know, if Ramamurthy got his new contract for Beauty & the Beast, right? (I’m looking at you, Matt.)

7. Sendhil's Lamb says:

Sendhil Ramamurthy is quite possibly THE sexiest man alive! I’ll watch anything he’s on.

8. Allson says:

Yes, please. Make it a recurring role on Unforgettable and remove him from Beauty and the Beast. His character on BATB isn’t helping the show at all and actually reduced ratings. Time for him to move on.