Scoop: Hero-Turned-Beast Sendhil Ramamurthy Is Now an Unforgettable Criminal

Get More: Casting News, Exclusive

Unforgettable Season 2 Sendhil RamamurthyWe now know who Unforgettable crimesolver Carrie Wells’ “twin” reports to, and this boss can be a real beast.

RELATED | Brat Packer Andrew McCarthy’s Unforgettable Role

TVLine has learned exclusively that the ever-busy Sendhil Ramamurthy has been cast in the second episode of the CBS procedural’s Season 2 as Philip, a hardened career criminal who serves as the leader of an elite team of thieves assembled by a mysterious player named “Kilborn.”

Philip, who last got pinched for a heist at a Dublin racetrack, exhibits a manner described as highborn, cool and suave, though he’s capable of explosive cross-species rage.

In addition to his recent Season 1 run on The CW’s Beauty and the Beast, Ramamurthy’s TV credits include Covert Affairs and, of course, Heroes.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More than 70 Premieres and Finales

Unforgettable launches its sophomore run on Sunday, July 28 , at 9/8c.

Comments (17)

• I step forward as the only person on the planet (or so it seems) who enjoyed Unforgettable, and I am cheering the news that Sendhill will be on an upcoming episode. He was a standout on Heroes for me!

Comment by TV Gord – June 27, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You aren’t the only one. Me and my roommate were avid watchers and were disappointed when it got canned.
      While I’m not happy with the shakeup in the cast, I’m looking forward to seeing the new episodes.

Comment by Daven – June 27, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Unforgettable and Sendhil Ramamurthy. I still have my fingers crossed that OUAT will cast him as Aladdin.

Comment by JCK – June 27, 2013 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!! great idea!!

Comment by Shiran – June 27, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What Shiran said!

Comment by TV Gord – June 27, 2013 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. He is an underrated actor and needs a juicy good role. I hate that they killed Jai. I feel he n Annie had more chemistry than he amd Auggie.

I can’t wait for his turn on Unforgettable. Need to catch up on the eps missed… Hope it does well for summer. Poppy is amazing.

Comment by shuayb – June 27, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I assume you meant to say than ANNIE and Auggie. I can’t recall the chemistry between Auggie/Jai being particularly palpable.

Comment by ben – June 27, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah I meant to say between Annie and Auggie. LoL. Chalk it up to the fact that I was almost asleep by the time I posted that comment.

Comment by Shuayb – June 28, 2013 03:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d love for him to do a cameo on TBBT as Raj’s brother and watch Penny, Bernadette and Amy totally lose it.

Comment by JCK – June 27, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is a brillant idea!!!! I would be prefectly fine with TBBT pulling a brother out of thin air as long as its him :)

Comment by Kira – June 28, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • In the Hot Troll Deviation episode Raj says he has a lot of brothers and sisters and we’ve only met Priya, so it could be an older brother.

Comment by JCK – June 28, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him, but even HE cannot make me watch the dire Unforgettable. How CBS could resurrect this rubbish and cancel the wonderful Vegas makes me shake my head in amazement.

Comment by GradysMom – June 28, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look forward to the return although I wish I hadn’t deleted the unwatched episodes when I heard it was cancelled. Oh well, it won’t be that hard to catch up. He plays a good bad guy.

Comment by GS – June 28, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, now we were discussing amongst a group of TV enthusiasts: It’s the last day of business in June, so someone should know, if Ramamurthy got his new contract for Beauty & the Beast, right? (I’m looking at you, Matt.)

Comment by Bernd – June 28, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sendhil Ramamurthy is quite possibly THE sexiest man alive! I’ll watch anything he’s on.

Comment by Sendhil's Lamb – June 29, 2013 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d put Matt Bomer right up there with him, but you are correct.

Comment by JCK – June 29, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please. Make it a recurring role on Unforgettable and remove him from Beauty and the Beast. His character on BATB isn’t helping the show at all and actually reduced ratings. Time for him to move on.

Comment by Allson – August 3, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post