Scott Speedman Joins Ryan Murphy's Open Pilot

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Premiere Of Sony Pictures' "The Vow" - Red CarpetScott Speedman is docking his submarine in a completely different kind of port: He has signed on to Ryan Murphy‘s sex-and-relationships pilot Open, TVLine has confirmed.

The actor, whose ABC series Last Resort was cancelled earlier this year, will play an attractive (duh) sports-marketing executive named Jonathan in the HBO project.

RELATED | HBO Teases Boardwalk Empire Season 4, New Larry David Movie, Stephen Merchant Comedy

The provocative script, which was penned by Murphy and Dexter co-executive producer Lauren Gussis, revolves around five characters. Among them are a thirtysomething married couple, the husband’s male co-worker and a female yoga professional in her 40s.

Speedman joins Wes Bentley, who was recently cast as Open‘s arrogant blowhard Evan.

He is best known for playing Ben, the dreamy classmate who inadvertently lured Keri Russell’s character to New York in Felicity. He’s also had roles in the Underworld film franchise, The Vow and The Strangers.

Comments (16)

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment by Jessie – June 27, 2013 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Scott Speedman. He is so talented and sexy. This sounds like an interesting show…glad the primetime “soap” genre is returning.

Comment by Joline – June 27, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, all I saw was “Scott Speedman” and “sex”. What’s the show about? :)

Comment by Kristen – June 27, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben Covington on HBO. My life is complete.

Comment by todo90 – June 27, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. Love me some Ben Covington.

Comment by Rebecca – June 27, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is HOT.

Comment by april-ann – June 27, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Speedman is damn talented and damn awesome!!

Comment by Scott – June 27, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since it’s a Ryan Murphy project, I predict it will be good for one season and then quickly decline.

Comment by Pam – June 27, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So sad and so true. I want to like this for the cast but facts show that Ryan Murphy can’t keep a plot together for more than a handful of episodes. It’s a stretch to say a season but sometimes. But maybe since its HBO, they’ll be more willing to keep it on.

Comment by Tai – June 27, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this cast so far, but Ryan Murphy blows. Not a gay joke, just a statement that he is a jerk and not that great of a writer.

Comment by Zach – June 27, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean we’ll get to see “more” of Scott Speedman???!!! Hopefully so!!! Anyways, if Scott Speedman is there, I’m there!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – June 27, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Speedman ♥ & HBO….I like this… I like this very much.

Comment by Eliza – June 27, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss Michael… He so needs to resume that role…

Comment by Krissi G – June 27, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How many pilots is Ryan Murphy making?

Comment by Leigh – June 27, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great for Scott Speedman but wish it was a show NOT done by Ryan Murphy. His shows are convoluted, pretentious, over-ambitious, full of loopholes and oftentimes, falls on its face.

Comment by darcy the slutty twin – December 7, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello! I just want to give a huge thumbs up for the nice data youve gotten here on
    this post. I shall be coming again to your weblog for more soon.

Comment by SEO – March 20, 2014 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post