Anger Management Brings Back Brian Austin Green as New Series Regular

Get More: Casting News, News

Anger Management Season 2 Brian Austin GreenThere is more — much more — Anger Management in Brian Austin Green‘s future.

Having previously appeared in three episodes of the FX sitcom as Sean, the boyfriend of Charlie’s ex-wife Jen (played by Shawnee Smith), Green is returning as a series regular, our sister site Deadline reports. His addition to the cast is part of a mid-Season 2 revamp in the wake of 1) lagging ratings and 2) Selma Blair’s abrupt exit.

RELATED | Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence to Star in New FX Comedy

As Sean, Green will now be positioned as an ongoing male foil for Sheen’s character; watch for him to resurface sometime around midseason. Meanwhile, Anger Management continues to cast a new female regular/lust interest to fill the void left by Blair’s exit.

Green’s previous TV credits include TBS’ short-lived The Wedding Band, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, not nearly enough episodes of Smallville (Metallo!) and many memorable DJ sessions as David Silver.

Comments (15)

• I like the show, at least enough to watch it every week, but I really don’t like the scenes with Sean.

Comment by NJD – June 27, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Midseason? so he’ll show up around episode 45?

Comment by Thedude – June 27, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Freddie!

Comment by Mark – June 27, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never should have canned wedding band!

Comment by dean – June 27, 2013 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish he would show up on a series I watch, or even one I am willing to watch for him. Loved him in TSCC.

Comment by Lauren – June 27, 2013 11:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His character is terrible. He’s a leech.

Comment by CBWBDK1 – June 28, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s friggin hot! RAWR!

Comment by jane – June 28, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss WEDDING BAND!

Comment by McAmster – June 28, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just makes me sad for Brain Austin Green.

Comment by dude – June 28, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How long can he hold his breath under water? He’ll need to get in shape for the sinking ship that is ‘Anger Management’. Charlie ‘Crazy Eyes Hot Head’ Sheen is going to trash the show.

Comment by Bob – June 28, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay. NOW I’ll watch.

Comment by Daisy – June 28, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Wedding Band was such a great show! I wish TBS would have given it more of a chance. I’ve often wondered if it would have succeeded as a 30 minute show, rather than an hour. Running it on Saturday night didn’t help either. BAG is a great comedic talent. Wish he could find a quality, long-term series.

Comment by Ashlyn – June 28, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Something about the Titanic and deck chairs……..

Comment by Randy – June 28, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ill have to watch now, Brian is hot!!

Comment by Katie – June 28, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is perfect time to make some plans for the longer term and it’s time to be happy. I have learn this post and if I may I want to recommend you some attention-grabbing issues or tips. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to learn even more issues about it!

Comment by hentai games – August 11, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post