Camp Exclusive First Look: Rachel Griffiths & Co. Introduce You to NBC's New Summer Romp

School’s out for summer, and that means it’s time to consider enrolling in Camp.

Yes indeed, NBC’s forthcoming series focusing on the lives and loves of the kids and counselors at a struggling summer sleepaway is set to premiere Wednesday, July 10 (10/9c, NBC) — and we’ve got your exclusive first look.

In the following preview video, Emmy- and Oscar-nominated Rachel Griffiths, who plays Mackenzie, the recently divorced owner of Little Otter Family Camp, explains her character’s unique set of struggles, while several of her ensemble costars break down the romantic hierarchy of the teenagers who populate the titular retreat. Plus, there’s a buyout offer on the table from a rival camp, the promise of a group musical number and a reference to Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak.

Press play below for the full preview, then hit the comments with your anticipation level for Camp!

Tags: , ,

Comments (13)

• Wow… That just looks… Bad. All the summer camp movie/teenage angst cliches rolled into one and I usually LIKE those. I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t bomb.

Comment by jalahyacinth – June 24, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rachel Griffiths is usually great but this just looks very bad.I’m surprised she agreed to do it.

Comment by RD – June 24, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she did it so she could go home. I think i read this was filmed in Australia.

Comment by dee123 – June 24, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t realise it was shot in Australia but that would explain why I counted at least 3 Aussies just in the promo.

Comment by Jane – June 25, 2013 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well didn’t she have to go home anyway after Brothers & Sisters was canceled?

Comment by Jess – June 27, 2013 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe half the cast of Dance Academy is in this show! And the preview looks very bad. Does anyone remember when Disney aired Camp Bugjuice?

Comment by Mick – June 24, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha. YES! I’d forgotten about that!

Comment by jalahyacinth – June 24, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Holy crap! Now I realise why so many faces looked familiar. That’s osm!

Comment by Eli – June 25, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will give it one episode just for Rachel Griffiths in camp shorts.

Comment by canadian ninja – June 24, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would much rather they bring back Huge, that awesome summer camp show on abc family a few years ago.

Comment by Mina – June 25, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anybody else notice half the cast of the Aussie series Dance Academy in here? (The actors who play Sammy, Ethan and Abigail)

Comment by Andie – June 25, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this was a reality show. It has Rachael Griffiths in it and it looks like some reject from ABC Family???? Ouch.

Comment by Sandra Oh (@TheRealSandraOh) – June 25, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post