Mad Men Finale Mystery: What Is Don's Problem?

Get More: Finales, Polls

Folks, Don Draper has a problem.

That is the sum total of the official AMC synopsis for Mad Men‘s Season 6 finale, airing this Sunday at 10/9c: “Don has a problem.”

Not as provocative (or misleading) as “Joan goes to the beach,” those four words simply will not suffice as we head into the acclaimed drama’s season-ender, so we got to thinking….

What could Don’s problem be?

RELATED | Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Premiere and Finale Dates

We’ve lobbed out some theories in the slideshow below. Give them a gander, then weigh in on what “problem” you think Don will be grappling with as Season 6 draws to a close.

Tags: , ,

Comments (23)

• His problem is that his character has been put into a corner and keeps doing the same thing,lol.BOOOORING.

Comment by Shaun – June 21, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. This season has been very boring. I’ve actually missed a few episodes and finally caught up with what I could see On Demand. The only bright spot for me has been Sally.

Comment by mary – June 22, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. He’s the poster boy for the Definition of Insanity.

Comment by T Diane – July 1, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL at #17 – The show’s promos are hilariously uninformative. I’m glad that someone else has noticed that.

Comment by wordsmith – June 21, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The promos are uninformative on purpose per Matthew wiener. He didn’t want any promos but and made him have promos. So he made uninformative ones

Comment by Bender – June 21, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That makes sense. It was clearly being done intentionally. Respect to Matt Weiner for doing things his way.

Comment by wordsmith – June 21, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL at #7! Jinkies, indeed!

Comment by Steve F. – June 21, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s easy. Among other things, Don Draper primarily suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder. To that end, he pretty much creates his own problems.

Comment by Totally Unqualified Armchair Shrink – June 21, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • pretty sure Roger suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. Don’s just screwed up.

Comment by kate – June 21, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But Roger really doesn’t have that many problems.

Comment by mary – June 22, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering his drinking and that the agency now represents Cranberry Juice and Orange Juice advertisers, I’m thinking Don’s problem is some kind of bladder issue.

Comment by Geo – June 21, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don is a Douche.
    Sometimes the answer is simple

Comment by Whatever – June 21, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty much. There really isn’t very many redeeming qualities about him. The best thing about this season has been Sally getting clued in to that fact.

Comment by mary – June 22, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great. Now Father Abraham is back in my head. Talk about your earworms.

Comment by Bobby 5 – June 21, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • hahaha. Every time I hear that song, my head fills up with awkward camp memories.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 21, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is so weird. I only know it as a Swedish drinking song. The idea that kids are singing it at camp does not compute!

Comment by Julie – June 22, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is Don’s problem? As always its women that and getting in his own way.

Comment by Nth – June 21, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilarious.

Comment by Cheo – June 21, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those are funny. In all seriousness, maybe Megan leaves him? Sylvia tells Megan they slept together? Don gets trapped in some 1968 violence event? I really thought Sally might be getting killed off Sunday, but the other day I saw an interview with Kiernan where she talked about the direction her character was going to go next season, so I really called that wrong.
    I’m impressed this season has managed to cover most of 1968. At my count, as of the last episode we were up to at least the end of October since they mentioned Jackie Kennedy’s second wedding.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 21, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe Don falls down the elevator shaft and is being pursued by serial killer Bob.

Comment by bobbie – June 22, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The things I’ve enjoyed this season: Peggy, Pete, Bob and Betty – even though there hasn’t been enough of her.

Things I’ve hated: Don and Sylvia, Ted – can’t stand his smugness and Megan, who is SO boring.

I hope Don tries to make amends with his kids in the finale.

Comment by cat – June 22, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With all his coughing this season, I am guessing cancer.

Comment by Gail – June 23, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this season and I was 11 years old in 1968 and it all came back for me. The clothes, decor in the houses, movie/book references were all great. I even have my MOM watching! She watches and will say “I remember that”…..I love my Mad Men and can’t wait for next season.

Comment by Lorin – June 24, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post