Fall TV Poll | Friday: Hawaii Five-0 Vs. Grimm, Dracula Vs. Tom Selleck and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2013 FridaysThe Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. In fact, the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Each day this week, TVLine will present the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot.

(If you fancy yourself a DVRnista and are horribly, irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED | TVLine’s Complete Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When and Versus What

WTWfriday2013NOTES ABOUT THE FRIDAY GRID: This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why, for example, Haven (which returns in early October) is included. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Dracula, Junior MasterChef, Sleepy Hollow

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Thursday — Parenthood Vs. Scandal and Sherlock, and Other DVR Dilemmas

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Elyse says:

For me it’ll be The Carrie Diaries and Grimm live and ill record Hawaii 5-0 :)

2. Hawaii Five-O for me. Grimm is still an awesome show but I’ll think about it.

3. Tai says:

I knew Friday was going to be a problem! Haven vs Dracula! But luckily Haven does same night encore. So I will be watching Dracula live and catching the Haven encore. There really isn’t anything before then to catch my attention. So I can catch up on all my dvr shows before Dracula/Haven.

4. sarah says:

I am shocked more people want to watch Grimm over H50 and Dracula over Blue Bloods. However to each their own!

• GS says:

I think it has to be the demographic on this site. I don’t know anyone who watches a lot of the shows people out here flip out over. I’m happy H50 won’t be against Castle anymore!

• Len says:

And shark tank will cleanup at 8″ despite whatever the TVLine fanatics say that it will never be watched.

Sadly a very unscientific poll.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Grossly unscientific! And yet we can’t look away.

• Kiddoo says:

Wednesday I said the results of the polls were laughably pathetic but that it’s such a fun exercise it’s worth it.

• John says:

This is what tvline readers would mostly watch in the fall. This poll does not take everyone into account. If you understood that, you wouldn’t have a problem with it.

• Shaun says:

Besides the fact H50 has been shelved on Fridays….lol.Castle still better.

• Tenney says:

Why are you shocked people would watch Grimm over H5O? Grimm is a fantastic show and its not the same old procedural you see time and time again.

• GS says:

I tried to watch it and it’s too dark for me. Different strokes for different folks. H50 may benefit from Friday being before the most watched Friday night show, Blue Bloods which I never miss.

• Bill says:

I like both shows but Grimm is far superior IMO

5. Justin says:

The Carrie Diaries, Grimm and Dracula (ANTM for online) in that order. My Fridays are pretty easy next year.

6. tlh45 says:

Done with CBS, so I guess I’ll try some new shows…heading over to Fox for Sleepy Hollow and then to Haven!

7. Merry says:

You couldn’t pay me to watch hawaii five-o live after the craptastic plots and the addition of mcgarrett’s booty call to the cast last year. Get rid of her and the ridiculously overdone mother plot and I might consider giving the show another chance.

• John says:

H50 fans hate all the female cast additions. What’s up with that! Geez. Calm down.

• Still Terry says:

I second that, John! It’s a freaking TV show.

• Merry says:

exactly terry. it’s a freaking tv show and the fate of the world doesn’t depend on me watching it which is why I stopped watching after the episode with the models in it and won’t waste any more time watching it. psycho ass kissing fanatics can be so damn touchy when you say you don’t like their obsession.

• Becca says:

Totally agree on the ridiculous plots. I bailed on the show after the North Korea rescue of McGarrett.

8. Austin says:

Raising Hope at 8:00, The Neighbors at 8:30, Shark Tank at 9:00, Dracula at 10:00. Record Grimm.

9. Jen says:

what about nikita? wasn’t that renewed (for a short season)

i will be watching grimm and recording H50

10. Silvia says:

Grimm over Five-O, Just because I find Grimm more interesting. And it will be an NBC evening for me, as I chose Dracula for the slot following it…. If only I lived in America. Doesn’t mean I can’t vote on what I would watch if I did though.

11. chris says:

The Neighbors is going to be the weak link for ABC. It never deserved renewal when the best it can do in between The Middle & Modern Family for its season finale was a 1.5.

• Christopher23 says:

I agree on the speculation of what ratings can Neighbors attempt on a much weaker night.

However, Neighbors aired back to back episodes at 8 and 830 while Modern was a repeat. Sure this caused less than stellar ratings as with middle and Modern Family being all new it would have scored better demo and Ratings. But the fact remains Neighbors bombed w/o Middle and Modern Family.

12. Brandy says:

Carrie Diaries and Americas Next Top Model

13. Jared says:

The Carrie Diaries and Dracula

14. HeatherC says:

Grimm and that’s it for me.

15. Jimpy says:

I’ll be DVRing everything I watch, which would be Hawaii 5-0 and Grimm, cause being in the pizza biz means I’m working most Friday nights. On those rare times I’m off I guess 5-0 wins, it’s got carguments and my favorite cylon detective.

• Mari says:

Nothing’s live for me, either. I’ll be DVRing everything, too–although for me its because I take my Dad grocery shopping Fridays.

Haven, Grimm, and Dracula–in that order.

16. Is Kono coming back on H5O this upcoming season? I’m still 100% worried. :-(

• TheTribe says:

From what I’ve read, she will be back. I just hope this show survives the move to Friday. I really enjoyed watching it on Monday night.

17. Nothing in the 8pm slot interests me.. I’ll watch Grimm live because if H50 got canceled I wouldn’t lose sleep over another cop procedural.. but good sci-fi needs to be supported with live viewing

18. Spoiler Junkie says:

Grimm and Dracula

19. Ali says:

It stinks that Raising Hope is in the death slot

20. Moxie says:

Apparently Friday night will be a tv-free night.

21. Ram510 says:

Last Man Standing, Grimm, Dracula all live. I’ll just have to catch Shark Tank, Top model and Blue Bloods some other time, they aren’t priority

22. G says:

The Carrie Diaries and H5O and will watch Last Man Standing on the DVR.

23. pilo says:

Live Smackdown! & Blue Bloods Later H5-0

24. Leondre says:

Grimm and Dracula

25. bfralia says:

I’ve got U-Verse TVR with 4 channels. I do a lot of recording and watch via TVR with about a 15 minute delay

• bfralia says:

Note I’ll watch Grimm, Hawaii-5-0, Blue Bloods, Haven and maybe Dracula if it’s worth a flip, I’ll check it out for a couple of weeks at least.

26. Jess says:

How about set your DVR and go out on Friday night like someone who actually has a life. I always watch the late repeat of Haven when I get home and never bother recording Grimm cause I usually just wait a few days until it’s OnDemand. I’ll probably record the first few episodes of SH and Dracula to see whether they suck or not.

• Kally says:

Actually Friday would be about the only night I would watch tv live. After a long week at work, going out on a Friday night is the last thing I want to do. That is what the weekend is for.

• jill says:

How about some people are tired after working all week like Kally said. We’re not all young.

27. JC says:

Hawaii Five-0 is the only one I’ll be watching. I hope the writing gets better though. Not that the bar was ever set all that high from the beginning, but still. I love all the cast (now that Lauren German is gone), but I really wish the writers would get it together. I’m not in it for dark and serious, but it could still be fun and not try quite so hard to blow our suspension of disbelief to microscopic bits. :( As far as Grimm goes, I’ve just started watching it on Amazon Prime, but it’s a long way yet from being my priority.

• L. Burke says:

Grimm starts slow. But the writing REALLY starts picking up once they start getting in to the mythology of the royal families and the history of the Grimm’s.

I’m with you about the writing on H-50. I used to watch the show faithfully but the writing just got so bad. I wish you luck following season 4. This season was my last. I just couldn’t suspend my disbelief at the awful plots anymore.

28. John says:

Just Carrie Diaries (surprisingly good) and Dracula.

29. Melody Paris says:

Friday is simple: Hawaii 5-0 and Haven. I’m also planning on trying out Dracula, and although it has the awesome Jonathan Rhys Meyers, the preview has not convinced me that I’m going to like this show.

30. meatwad says:

Last Man Standing, Grimm, Dracula – Live, H50 and Blue Bloods – DVR

31. Sheldon W. says:

8-9 – not a darned thing
    9-10 – Grimm
    10-11 – Haven, record Dracula

32. A fan says:

Grimm, Haven, Sleepy Hollow

33. ben says:

Undercover Boss, Shark Tank and Blue Bloods.

34. Jenn says:

8 Undercover Boss
    9 Shark Tank
    10 Blue Bloods

35. Miranda says:

Nothing for 8 or 9 for me, I’m already checking out Sleepy Hollow on Tuesday’s. As much as I want to check out Dracula because I adore Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Haven gets first priority.

36. L. Burke says:

Grimm for me! :)

I used to watch H-50 but the writing on that show just got so bad I’m done with it.

37. AL says:

I won’t be watching anything until Bones moves to Fridays.

38. robinepowell says:

Friday night doesn’t present a conflict for me, since Grimm and Blue Bloods are on at different times.

39. Ginny Kayfes says:

I don’t watch anything live.I DVR everything. Can’t stand the idiotic commercials. Besides my day starts at 4a.m. I couldn’t stay awake if I wanted.

40. Bill says:

I’ll watch nothing live but DVR Grimm, Last Man Standing, Blue Bloods and I’ll give Dracula a try

41. Joe says:

Shark will kill H50 it’s the one show that most people love to see little guy get that help to start that business.

42. Name That Tune says:

It will be Junior Master Chef & that’s it. Ah I miss Fringe.

43. Zeph says:

I’ll be DVRing Grimm, H50, Dracula and Haven, but will most likely watch H50 and Haven ‘live’ with a 15 or 30 minute delay because those are the two that other family members watch with me.

44. TheTribe says:

Say goodbye to Hawaii Five-0. What idiot decided to put it on Friday night?

45. Nonnaru says:

Some of this is no contest….I have been boycotting NBC since this time last year and dont feel like I’ve missed anything.

46. kavyn says:

Nikita… oh. lol

The Neighbours and Shark Tank. Possibly the Sleepy Hollow reruns if its regular days (Tuesdays?) are too packed for me.