Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Poll | Friday: Hawaii Five-0 Vs. Grimm, Dracula Vs. Tom Selleck and Other DVR Dilemmas

Get More: Fall TV Preview, Polls

Fall TV Schedule 2013 FridaysThe Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. In fact, the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Each day this week, TVLine will present the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot.

(If you fancy yourself a DVRnista and are horribly, irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED | TVLine’s Complete Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When and Versus What

WTWfriday2013NOTES ABOUT THE FRIDAY GRID: This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why, for example, Haven (which returns in early October) is included. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Dracula, Junior MasterChef, Sleepy Hollow

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Thursday — Parenthood Vs. Scandal and Sherlock, and Other DVR Dilemmas

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (71)

• For me it’ll be The Carrie Diaries and Grimm live and ill record Hawaii 5-0 :)

Comment by Elyse – June 21, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-O for me. Grimm is still an awesome show but I’ll think about it.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 21, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew Friday was going to be a problem! Haven vs Dracula! But luckily Haven does same night encore. So I will be watching Dracula live and catching the Haven encore. There really isn’t anything before then to catch my attention. So I can catch up on all my dvr shows before Dracula/Haven.

Comment by Tai – June 21, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am shocked more people want to watch Grimm over H50 and Dracula over Blue Bloods. However to each their own!

Comment by sarah – June 21, 2013 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it has to be the demographic on this site. I don’t know anyone who watches a lot of the shows people out here flip out over. I’m happy H50 won’t be against Castle anymore!

Comment by GS – June 21, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And shark tank will cleanup at 8″ despite whatever the TVLine fanatics say that it will never be watched.

Sadly a very unscientific poll.

Comment by Len – June 21, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Grossly unscientific! And yet we can’t look away.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 21, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Wednesday I said the results of the polls were laughably pathetic but that it’s such a fun exercise it’s worth it.

Comment by Kiddoo – June 21, 2013 11:10 AM PDT
        • This is what tvline readers would mostly watch in the fall. This poll does not take everyone into account. If you understood that, you wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Comment by John – June 21, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Besides the fact H50 has been shelved on Fridays….lol.Castle still better.

Comment by Shaun – June 21, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why are you shocked people would watch Grimm over H5O? Grimm is a fantastic show and its not the same old procedural you see time and time again.

Comment by Tenney – June 21, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I tried to watch it and it’s too dark for me. Different strokes for different folks. H50 may benefit from Friday being before the most watched Friday night show, Blue Bloods which I never miss.

Comment by GS – June 21, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like both shows but Grimm is far superior IMO

Comment by Bill – June 23, 2013 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries, Grimm and Dracula (ANTM for online) in that order. My Fridays are pretty easy next year.

Comment by Justin – June 21, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is me exactly.

Comment by Elizabeth – June 21, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Done with CBS, so I guess I’ll try some new shows…heading over to Fox for Sleepy Hollow and then to Haven!

Comment by tlh45 – June 21, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You couldn’t pay me to watch hawaii five-o live after the craptastic plots and the addition of mcgarrett’s booty call to the cast last year. Get rid of her and the ridiculously overdone mother plot and I might consider giving the show another chance.

Comment by Merry – June 21, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • H50 fans hate all the female cast additions. What’s up with that! Geez. Calm down.

Comment by John – June 21, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I second that, John! It’s a freaking TV show.

Comment by Still Terry – June 21, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • exactly terry. it’s a freaking tv show and the fate of the world doesn’t depend on me watching it which is why I stopped watching after the episode with the models in it and won’t waste any more time watching it. psycho ass kissing fanatics can be so damn touchy when you say you don’t like their obsession.

Comment by Merry – June 21, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree on the ridiculous plots. I bailed on the show after the North Korea rescue of McGarrett.

Comment by Becca – June 21, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope at 8:00, The Neighbors at 8:30, Shark Tank at 9:00, Dracula at 10:00. Record Grimm.

Comment by Austin – June 21, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about nikita? wasn’t that renewed (for a short season)

i will be watching grimm and recording H50

Comment by Jen – June 21, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea only 6 episodes. Will air midseason at some point.

Comment by chris – June 21, 2013 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm over Five-O, Just because I find Grimm more interesting. And it will be an NBC evening for me, as I chose Dracula for the slot following it…. If only I lived in America. Doesn’t mean I can’t vote on what I would watch if I did though.

Comment by Silvia – June 21, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Neighbors is going to be the weak link for ABC. It never deserved renewal when the best it can do in between The Middle & Modern Family for its season finale was a 1.5.

Comment by chris – June 21, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree on the speculation of what ratings can Neighbors attempt on a much weaker night.

However, Neighbors aired back to back episodes at 8 and 830 while Modern was a repeat. Sure this caused less than stellar ratings as with middle and Modern Family being all new it would have scored better demo and Ratings. But the fact remains Neighbors bombed w/o Middle and Modern Family.

Comment by Christopher23 – June 24, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on The E-Report.

Comment by Jordan Cullen – June 21, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Carrie Diaries and Americas Next Top Model

Comment by Brandy – June 21, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries and Dracula

Comment by Jared – June 21, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm and that’s it for me.

Comment by HeatherC – June 21, 2013 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be DVRing everything I watch, which would be Hawaii 5-0 and Grimm, cause being in the pizza biz means I’m working most Friday nights. On those rare times I’m off I guess 5-0 wins, it’s got carguments and my favorite cylon detective.

Comment by Jimpy – June 21, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nothing’s live for me, either. I’ll be DVRing everything, too–although for me its because I take my Dad grocery shopping Fridays.

Haven, Grimm, and Dracula–in that order.

Comment by Mari – June 21, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Kono coming back on H5O this upcoming season? I’m still 100% worried. :-(

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 21, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • From what I’ve read, she will be back. I just hope this show survives the move to Friday. I really enjoyed watching it on Monday night.

Comment by TheTribe – June 23, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing in the 8pm slot interests me.. I’ll watch Grimm live because if H50 got canceled I wouldn’t lose sleep over another cop procedural.. but good sci-fi needs to be supported with live viewing

Comment by Mercenary Chef – June 21, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • only Neilson box owners matter pretty much.

Comment by Shaun – June 21, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm and Dracula

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – June 21, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It stinks that Raising Hope is in the death slot

Comment by Ali – June 21, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Apparently Friday night will be a tv-free night.

Comment by Moxie – June 21, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing, Grimm, Dracula all live. I’ll just have to catch Shark Tank, Top model and Blue Bloods some other time, they aren’t priority

Comment by Ram510 – June 21, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries and H5O and will watch Last Man Standing on the DVR.

Comment by G – June 21, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Live Smackdown! & Blue Bloods Later H5-0

Comment by pilo – June 21, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm and Dracula

Comment by Leondre – June 21, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve got U-Verse TVR with 4 channels. I do a lot of recording and watch via TVR with about a 15 minute delay

Comment by bfralia – June 21, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Note I’ll watch Grimm, Hawaii-5-0, Blue Bloods, Haven and maybe Dracula if it’s worth a flip, I’ll check it out for a couple of weeks at least.

Comment by bfralia – June 21, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about set your DVR and go out on Friday night like someone who actually has a life. I always watch the late repeat of Haven when I get home and never bother recording Grimm cause I usually just wait a few days until it’s OnDemand. I’ll probably record the first few episodes of SH and Dracula to see whether they suck or not.

Comment by Jess – June 21, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually Friday would be about the only night I would watch tv live. After a long week at work, going out on a Friday night is the last thing I want to do. That is what the weekend is for.

Comment by Kally – June 21, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How about some people are tired after working all week like Kally said. We’re not all young.

Comment by jill – June 21, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five-0 is the only one I’ll be watching. I hope the writing gets better though. Not that the bar was ever set all that high from the beginning, but still. I love all the cast (now that Lauren German is gone), but I really wish the writers would get it together. I’m not in it for dark and serious, but it could still be fun and not try quite so hard to blow our suspension of disbelief to microscopic bits. :( As far as Grimm goes, I’ve just started watching it on Amazon Prime, but it’s a long way yet from being my priority.

Comment by JC – June 21, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm starts slow. But the writing REALLY starts picking up once they start getting in to the mythology of the royal families and the history of the Grimm’s.

I’m with you about the writing on H-50. I used to watch the show faithfully but the writing just got so bad. I wish you luck following season 4. This season was my last. I just couldn’t suspend my disbelief at the awful plots anymore.

Comment by L. Burke – June 22, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Carrie Diaries (surprisingly good) and Dracula.

Comment by John – June 21, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday is simple: Hawaii 5-0 and Haven. I’m also planning on trying out Dracula, and although it has the awesome Jonathan Rhys Meyers, the preview has not convinced me that I’m going to like this show.

Comment by Melody Paris – June 21, 2013 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing, Grimm, Dracula – Live, H50 and Blue Bloods – DVR

Comment by meatwad – June 21, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8-9 – not a darned thing
    9-10 – Grimm
    10-11 – Haven, record Dracula

Comment by Sheldon W. – June 21, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm, Haven, Sleepy Hollow

Comment by A fan – June 21, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Undercover Boss, Shark Tank and Blue Bloods.

Comment by ben – June 21, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8 Undercover Boss
    9 Shark Tank
    10 Blue Bloods

Comment by Jenn – June 21, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nothing for 8 or 9 for me, I’m already checking out Sleepy Hollow on Tuesday’s. As much as I want to check out Dracula because I adore Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Haven gets first priority.

Comment by Miranda – June 22, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm for me! :)

I used to watch H-50 but the writing on that show just got so bad I’m done with it.

Comment by L. Burke – June 22, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t be watching anything until Bones moves to Fridays.

Comment by AL – June 22, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Friday night doesn’t present a conflict for me, since Grimm and Blue Bloods are on at different times.

Comment by robinepowell – June 22, 2013 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch anything live.I DVR everything. Can’t stand the idiotic commercials. Besides my day starts at 4a.m. I couldn’t stay awake if I wanted.

Comment by Ginny Kayfes – June 22, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch nothing live but DVR Grimm, Last Man Standing, Blue Bloods and I’ll give Dracula a try

Comment by Bill – June 23, 2013 02:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shark will kill H50 it’s the one show that most people love to see little guy get that help to start that business.

Comment by Joe – June 23, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be Junior Master Chef & that’s it. Ah I miss Fringe.

Comment by Name That Tune – June 23, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be DVRing Grimm, H50, Dracula and Haven, but will most likely watch H50 and Haven ‘live’ with a 15 or 30 minute delay because those are the two that other family members watch with me.

Comment by Zeph – June 23, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Say goodbye to Hawaii Five-0. What idiot decided to put it on Friday night?

Comment by TheTribe – June 23, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some of this is no contest….I have been boycotting NBC since this time last year and dont feel like I’ve missed anything.

Comment by Nonnaru – June 23, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita… oh. lol

The Neighbours and Shark Tank. Possibly the Sleepy Hollow reruns if its regular days (Tuesdays?) are too packed for me.

Comment by kavyn – June 23, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post