Ratings: Stanley Cup Game 4 Wins Wednesday

Get More: Ratings, Sports

StanleyCupGame4NBC’s coverage of the Stanley Cup Game 4 — which the Blackhawks won 6-5, in OT — topped Wednesday in both total audience (with 6.2 million viewers, per very preliminary numbers) and in the demo (with a 2.2 rating).

Among humpday cooking shows, CBS’ American Baking Competition (5.8 mil/1.2) inched up to its largest audience to date, while Fox’s MasterChef (5.3 mil/2.1) dipped two tenths in the demo.

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Wednesday — Arrow Vs. Miles Matheson and Other DVR Dilemmas

ABC’s Family Tools (3.6 mil/0.9) matched last week’s series low, while HTLWYP(FTROYL) dropped more than 15 percent to new lows of 3.4 mil/1.0.

Capping ABC’s night, The Lookout‘s sexposé on a super-sketchy, Groupon-recommended Dominican Republic hotel did 3.7 mil/1.1, flat with last week.

Comments (8)

• Go Hawks! If you’ve never watched hockey, this series is a great way to check it out and possibly get into it. Incredibly exciting. :)

Comment by Katherine215 – June 20, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree…I live in Chicago and have a whole new appreciation for hockey this year. It’s hard to follow during the year when you don’t get the cable station that it comes on, but enjoying these playoffs and finals.

Comment by Joline – June 20, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We were season ticket holders when we lived in Chicago. I’ve got a photo of my son with Bobby Hull on my desk. Go Hawks!

Comment by JCK – June 20, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ditto. I’ve been watching online because my cable hasn’t been working. I used to just check scores when I knew they were playing, but now I want to watch all the games, and I’m loving it. I’m even going to a theater bar to watch this weekend. Love it! I don’t know how many more OTs my heart can take though!

Comment by Lindsey – June 20, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Bruins!! Great games so far. I think Boston had a 29 share.

Comment by Rebecca – June 20, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see the American Baking Competition’s ratings going up this week. The show is great and not typical of most reality-based competition shows. The contestants are actually nice (for the most part) and the viewer wants them to do well. The baking competitions are interesting, especially to somebody who doesn’t bake (I’m sure the bakers in the audience are getting lots of good tips). I wasn’t sure that I’d like Jeff Foxworthy as host, but he is handling the job well without making the show about him. This is a pleasant summer surprise and I hope CBS brings it back next year (apparently the British version has been a huge hit for years).

Comment by dan – June 20, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This game was INSANE. Really good hockey from both sides!!!

Comment by Jj – June 20, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lord Stanley would be proud of the hockey that is being played in this series..

#GoBruins