Fall TV Poll | Thursday: Parenthood Vs. Scandal and Sherlock Holmes, and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2013 ThursdayThe Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. In fact, the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Each day this week, TVLine will present the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot.

(If you fancy yourself a DVRnista and are horribly, irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to instead vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED | TVLine’s Complete Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When and Versus What

WTWthursday2013NOTES ABOUT THE THURSDAY GRID: This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why, for example, Burn Notice (which ends its run on Sept. 12) is not included. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: The Crazy Ones, The Michael J. Fox Show, The Millers, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Reign, Sean Saves the World, Welcome to the Family

RELATED | Fall TV Poll: Wednesday — Arrow Vs. Miles Matheson and Other DVR Dilemmas

1. Jenny says:

Thursdays is the most packed night! Big Bang, which I usually catch on demand. Vampire diaries, greys, scandal, and I wanna see the crazy ones with SMG.

2. julio says:

I will watch Once upon a time in wonderland live. I will watch the vampire diaries on hulu because I’ve sort of lost interest and if they don’t make it interesting again I might stop watching altogether. I’m sad parks and recreation is going against the big bang theory because this will probably be it’s last year and I’ll just watch it on hulu too. From the new comedy’s I might give The crazy ones and The michael j. fox show a try. Other than that good luck everyone on your thrusday’s.

3. Annie-Claude says:

Vampire Diaries and Elementary. And I’ll probably alternate between Grey’s Anatomy and The Crazy Ones / Michael J Fox Show.

4. Mel says:

Yay for two DVRs, but the 9:00 pm time slot has five shows – what’s a girl to do?

5. Jared says:

Parks and Rec
    The Vampire Diaries
    Glee
    Grey’s
    Scandal
    Parenthood

6. MrMank says:

Thursday is very easy to break down. I will be watching everything except FOX.

7. Name That Tune says:

Really the only show that I will go out of my way to watch id Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. The shows I will watch eventually are Scandal, Parenthood, The Vampire Diaries, Glee and Grey’s Anatomy. Maybe not in 2013-2014 but eventually.

8. mehere says:

I’ll probably watch everything after the original broadcast. I was a huge Scandal fan but I won’t be breaking my neck to get home for a “live” viewing or altering other social plans for Scandal anymore. I thought the show was going in a very smart direction but it’s turned into a cheesy soap. Parenthood is an awesome show and I like that the Braverman’s are a modern family.

9. KSM says:

I would totally watch Parenthood first run, but I am so afraid someone will spoil Scandal that I think that is going to have to win the battle.

10. Stormie says:

Scandal is the only show I usually watch live & that’s because live tweeting is so much fun. I guess I’ll save Elementary & Parenthood for the DVR.

11. DavidSask says:

How for all these polls does one turn into the last hour live of a serial drama, it doesn’t make sense? The only way this works is if its a comedy or last half of talent show results

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Because if I don’t include the half-hours, I’ll get 50 people commenting, “But what if I’m still watching Grey’s Anatomy at 9:30? What do I click??? Matt, I am scared!”

• Len says:

Except sadly, people do it all the time, watch a 30 minute comedy and the last half hour of an hour show:(

12. Fabe says:

It’s funny how The Vampire Diaries gets the top percentage of people watching live in this poll, but it never translates to actual ratings. I love TVD and wish more people would watch it live!

13. Cort says:

Thursdays at 10 will be the WORST. This season I watched Scandal live and DVR’d Elementary. Now they’ve thrown Parenthood into the mix. Oh jeez….For now it’s Scandal Live and DVR Elementary/Parenthood depending on how much Shonda stresses me out. That line up can and likely will go back and forth. Can’t wait either way. I love all three.

14. JC says:

Once Upon a Time In Wonderland at 8pm and Elementary at 10pm.

15. jules says:

8pm The Vampire Diaries (even though I’ve been loosing interest)
    9pm Grey’s Anatomy
    10pm Parenthood

16. Sheldon W. says:

8-9 Wonderland live, record The Millers
    9-10 Grey’s anatomy, record The Crazy Ones
    10-11 Elementary

17. Miranda says:

It won’t be live, but the Vampire Diaries and Grey’s Anatomy take first priority, I don’t watch anything at 10. The Once spin off will garner a check out, but I’m not sure how I feel about an Alice without Once’s Mad Hatter… I’m also going to check out The Crazy Ones because I love SMG. I think I might be done with Glee, and the Big Bang Theory is probably going to take a backseat on my PVR, I’ll probably watch it online, or wait for a rerun.

18. DOT says:

Nbc_and_fx_for_me

19. Juan says:

ABC all night and DVR parenthood and maybe vampire diaries. I always start the season trying to be caught up with vampire diaries and always end up falling behind, then binge watching it on Netflix lol

20. EveatEden says:

I DVR 2 and watch a 3rd online in some of the slots. I don’t want much of anything LIVE anymore Lol.

Will definitely be watching Once, Grey’s, Scandal, Elementary & Parenthood. Also plan to check out Reign, Crazy Ones and MJF show. The rest get no love from me.

21. K says:

REIGN HARD ON ME REIGN REIGN REIGN!!!!

22. G says:

Vampire Diaries and Elementary and will watch Big Bang Theory on my DVR in between.

23. emaegf says:

Thursdays I’ll DVR ABC and watch later in the night. I’m usually up and around busy so the background is something I don’t follow very close but DVRed is stuff I follow closely so when I’m done being up and around busy I can sit down and pay attention to plots and characters.

24. A fan says:

Television’s big night. I will be watching TVD, BBT, Glee, Grey’s, Elementary, THM, Once, and Reign. (in that order of “importance”)

25. Mandy says:

Parenthood, scandal and elementary. The ol’DVR is going to be working over time.

26. RoseAnn says:

We too will watch ABC from 8-11! We definitely will be DVR-ing Big Bang Theory, Two And A Half Men & Elementary, we always have. The new shows we will check out probably On Demand.