The Soup Investigates First Look: E!'s New Spin-Off Series Takes on The Bachelor

Get More: First Look, Premieres, Video

E! is serving up a bonus helping of The Soup this Wednesday (10:30/9:30c) with The Soup Investigates, a spin-off of the long-running satirical comedy — and we’ve got a first look at the offshoot.

Hosted by the mothership series’ leading man Joel McHale, Investigates is a spoof of the investigative TV genre. The show features a team of “reporters” delving into “pop culture mysteries, celebrity rumors and the shocking questions that entertainment fans never thought to ask… and probably shouldn’t have.”

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Which TV Shows Have Been Renewed or Cancelled?

Press PLAY below for a glimpse at a Bachelor-themed segment, titled “The Journey of the Rose,” in which correspondent Michael Kosta sits down with host Chris Harrison and delves deep into the origins of that coveted flower.

Loading video...
Loading video...

Comments (12)

• They don’t really need the laugh track for something like this…It makes it all the more awkward…Not sure how I feel about the spin-off..

Comment by Josh – June 19, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Soup Investigates actually tapes in front of a live audience, just like The Soup. — Megan Masters

Comment by Megan Masters – June 19, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? I always thought that the “audience” was just the crew…I never knew there was an actual audience. Oh wow. Damn Joel McHale

Comment by Josh – June 19, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Josh, dude, get off the iPad/Smartphone/XBox/PS3 and get outside. If you can’t tell the difference between live, human laughter and a laugh track, you may be in need of some help.

Comment by Bob – June 19, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Some people use the term “laugh track” interchangeably to describe laughter on a comedy show. It’s not necessarily proper usage but it is technically correct as it is a track of laughter whether its recorded live or not. Either way, it ruins any “jokes” I heard in that clip.

Comment by dude – June 19, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I thought it was both “tracked” and crew laughter(I always thought the crew was the audience). Most times there is a studio audience, there is also a laugh track that gets added in post.

But yeah I sure do love Bob telling me to get a life…Hopefully I can get his life and overreact like a sociopath over minor things.

Comment by Josh – June 19, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, isn’t that the guy from Community?

Comment by Bob – June 19, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly under which rock have you been living under?

Comment by dude – June 19, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to his skinny ties. He always cleans up good.

Comment by John – June 19, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always enjoy The Soup, but The Soup Investigates sucked. I didn’t crack a smile once and I only watched the entire episode b/c I just KNEW it had to get better. I was wrong. Don’t waste your time.

Comment by Juli – June 22, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, what has happened to this show? I thought it was supposed to be more than one episode. They’ve talked about more topics on upcoming shows, but I haven’t seen anything about when those shows will air.

Comment by TV Gord – July 1, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Possession Play – You need to increase your ball possession.
    The mouse performed well and I had no problems using it in first person shooters and
    some strategy games but did not use the mouse much for
    games like League of Legends as I don’t really like fighting battle type games.
    If you’ve never heard of the game, or haven’t given it
    a try, here are the steps on how to join in on the fun:.

Comment by league Of legends Forums stonewall008 – October 18, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post