Big Brother 15 House and New 'Twists' Revealed

The upcoming edition of CBS’ Big Brother will place more Houseguests in “danger” while affording America the chance to imbue one with a super-secret “power” Also: another shiny new house!

In the first of the 15th edition’s two gameplay twists, instead of two Houseguests being nominated each week for eviction, three will face the (sadly proverbial) guillotine.

RELATED | CBS Summer Schedule: Under the Dome Drama, a Bigger Brother and Unforgettable Season 2

In the second twist, viewers will be able to vote for a weekly “Big Brother MVP” — aka the Houseguest they feel is playing the best game. The MVP will be given a (CBS’ words) “secret power” to be revealed during the June 26 season opener. All I’m saying: X-ray vision would be extremely cool in this scenario. Yet unlikely, if only due to budget constraints.

“With America rewarding good game play, it doesn’t pay to be a floater this summer,” exec producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan tease in a statement.

RELATED | The Voice Season 4 Finale Recap: They’re All Stars Tonight

BB15 premieres Wednesday, June 26 at 8/7c, then will air three nights weekly – Sundays at 8, Tuesdays at 9 and live eviction shows Wednesdays at 8.

But now, what you’ve really come for, a pretty slideshow of the new house, which is described (and for all I know in fact has) “a stylish mid-century modern chic design. Though all I see is “outdoor pool table!”

1. Sarah says:

I love the mid-century look of the house. However, the whole “voting for good game play” thing is going to end up as a colossal failure. People are simply going to vote for their favourites, whether they are playing well or just floating along.

• ZZZoey says:

Don’t you mean…
      The producers will pick who wins the vote like they always do?

• Magically Suspicious says:

Exactly!!! This was all but confirmed last season when the live cam watchers overheard Janie whispering to Brittany that ‘they’ told her that the coaches would be re-entering the game. This happened while America was supposedly still voting as to whether or not they wanted the coaches twist to happen or not. CBS has never done a very good job of hiding their manipulation of the game. They just call it a vote and announce whatever result they want.

• ruandvin says:

LOL…exactly what I was thinking. It’ll be fixed as usual. But I’ll still watch…ha ha ha

• Alex says:

But floaters are rarely favorites of viewers. I think viewers will vote for players who make noticeable moves rather than for those who sit back and do little.

2. GS says:

I can’t wait! I love Big Brother (most seasons anyway) and it’s my summer trash tv! The new house looks awesome too.

3. K2 says:

Matt, I think you mean “Take a PEEK inside the Big Brother House”

4. brett says:

so is the new house fitted with HD cams?

5. a says:

I am SO EXCITED! Even adding one more nominee drastically changes BB strategy, which is why I can watch 15 seasons of this show and always be entertained. Ahhhhhh!

6. TW says:

Looks like they recycled the old set design from PanAn

• kavyn says:

I’m not complaining. The house is inspired by Mad Men and it’s easily one of my favourite house designs ever.

7. Paul says:

I Can’t Wait. Big Brother Is My Guilty Summer Pleasure.

8. James says:

Viewers should be smart enough to know if the HG’s, upon knowing of the twist, are trying to court them to get votes in the live feeds alone or not.

*Downside is if viewers will succumb to favoritism, and also that thing with transparency people online are complaining about.

Regardless, this is increasingly becoming a very interesting season indeed. :)

9. newinkpop says:

I came to see the house and its totally awesome

10. Elyse says:

i. cant. wait.

11. madhatter360 says:

To me it looks like they just redecorated the old house. I don’t see that much of a difference.

• zigzagzoey says:

I agree, it doesn’t look much different to me either!

• CountryQueen says:

That’s what they always do. They aren’t going to build an entire new house. This is the show that shows in the kids section at grocery stores to entertain the HG’s for goodness sakes.

• Kristoffer says:

Exactly. There is a big difference in a ‘new house’ and a new design, which they do every year.

12. didi says:

They should have done away with the pool table. It has made BB After Dark incredibly boring because they just play pool in silence at night the past few seasons. That’s why I don’t even care that I wont be able to get BBAD on TVGN which was another bad mistake!

13. Geo says:

The new twists will probably play out like every other “new twist” BB has added the last several seasons: colossal failures. Still, it’s weirdly fun to watch them crash and burn.

14. Leah says:

Why can’t the “twist” be that there is no freaking twist. They usually end up bombing. It doesn’t matter, I will get ridiculously over-invested no matter what happens. I love BB almost as much as I hate myself for loving it.

• alyssa says:

I feel the EXACT same way. I complain about stupid things they try to do to make it more exciting, but then when it happens, I’m glued to my TV going “OOOHHH! What will they do now?!?!”

15. Ronnie says:

What they need to do is only let people who are watching the live feed vote as they are the only ones who really know how the game is being played. The editing always manipulates because they are always trying to tell a story during the hour show and it doesn’t level the playing field.

16. This series is like a whirlpool of destruction for my summer. It starts with the show and then the live feeds, and BBAD and then the tweet updates when I’m not home or near a computer and then you know what will happen before the show airs to catch you up on the week and it becomes boring to watch the show because it’s just a recap of what you already know, but if you only watch the live feeds you won’t see the action up close or the drama when things get all goldfish-y on the feeds. And if you only watch the show and not the feeds you miss any Behind The Scenes drama that is edited out of the CBS broadcast. I’m tellin’ ya, it’s a full time summer volunteer torture program and I ALWAYS FALL BACK IN.

• Michael says:

I love this post and kudos to you for admitting to doing what many of us do but won’t admit to doing.

17. gabby says:

I really like the look of the house! Love the HoH room.

18. ziggy says:

What the name of that song you keep hearing in the commercial?

19. G says:

I really look forward to this. I will be watching all 3 nights a week that it is on and will be DVR’ing After Dark in case anything good happens there. And for the people who dislike returning players (I usually don’t mind) this is a season of all new players so I think that may also be a good thing.

20. 1qaz2wsx says:

About a year and a half ago, I wrote in to CBS, in the comment section, about an idea of the HOH placing 3 contestants on the block (and possibly reducing it 2 by veto night). It would be pretty cool if they used my idea.