Big Brother 15 House and New 'Twists' Revealed

The upcoming edition of CBS’ Big Brother will place more Houseguests in “danger” while affording America the chance to imbue one with a super-secret “power” Also: another shiny new house!

In the first of the 15th edition’s two gameplay twists, instead of two Houseguests being nominated each week for eviction, three will face the (sadly proverbial) guillotine.

RELATED | CBS Summer Schedule: Under the Dome Drama, a Bigger Brother and Unforgettable Season 2

In the second twist, viewers will be able to vote for a weekly “Big Brother MVP” — aka the Houseguest they feel is playing the best game. The MVP will be given a (CBS’ words) “secret power” to be revealed during the June 26 season opener. All I’m saying: X-ray vision would be extremely cool in this scenario. Yet unlikely, if only due to budget constraints.

“With America rewarding good game play, it doesn’t pay to be a floater this summer,” exec producers Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan tease in a statement.

RELATED | The Voice Season 4 Finale Recap: They’re All Stars Tonight

BB15 premieres Wednesday, June 26 at 8/7c, then will air three nights weekly – Sundays at 8, Tuesdays at 9 and live eviction shows Wednesdays at 8.

But now, what you’ve really come for, a pretty slideshow of the new house, which is described (and for all I know in fact has) “a stylish mid-century modern chic design. Though all I see is “outdoor pool table!”

Tags: ,

Comments (38)

• I love the mid-century look of the house. However, the whole “voting for good game play” thing is going to end up as a colossal failure. People are simply going to vote for their favourites, whether they are playing well or just floating along.

Comment by Sarah – June 19, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t you mean…
      The producers will pick who wins the vote like they always do?

Comment by ZZZoey – June 19, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly!!! This was all but confirmed last season when the live cam watchers overheard Janie whispering to Brittany that ‘they’ told her that the coaches would be re-entering the game. This happened while America was supposedly still voting as to whether or not they wanted the coaches twist to happen or not. CBS has never done a very good job of hiding their manipulation of the game. They just call it a vote and announce whatever result they want.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – June 19, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL…exactly what I was thinking. It’ll be fixed as usual. But I’ll still watch…ha ha ha

Comment by ruandvin – June 19, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Hey! Cool to see you over here! Yup, I’ll still watch too!

Comment by zigzagzoey – June 19, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hey, some familiar faces on a different board. Hello!!! I’ll be watching too. BB is my favorite summertime guilty pleasure.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 19, 2013 11:49 AM PDT
    • But floaters are rarely favorites of viewers. I think viewers will vote for players who make noticeable moves rather than for those who sit back and do little.

Comment by Alex – June 19, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait! I love Big Brother (most seasons anyway) and it’s my summer trash tv! The new house looks awesome too.

Comment by GS – June 19, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt, I think you mean “Take a PEEK inside the Big Brother House”

Comment by K2 – June 19, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CBS’ embedded caption/typo, not ours. I shall fix on their behalf, because I’m generous that way.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 19, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I suspected as much, Matt. You’re the best!

Comment by K2 – June 19, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so is the new house fitted with HD cams?

Comment by brett – June 19, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe I heard that is was

Comment by a – June 19, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AND “a stacked stone fireplace filled with concrete balls and LED lighting”!

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 19, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am SO EXCITED! Even adding one more nominee drastically changes BB strategy, which is why I can watch 15 seasons of this show and always be entertained. Ahhhhhh!

Comment by a – June 19, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like they recycled the old set design from PanAn

Comment by TW – June 19, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not complaining. The house is inspired by Mad Men and it’s easily one of my favourite house designs ever.

Comment by kavyn – June 19, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Can’t Wait. Big Brother Is My Guilty Summer Pleasure.

Comment by Paul – June 19, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Viewers should be smart enough to know if the HG’s, upon knowing of the twist, are trying to court them to get votes in the live feeds alone or not.

*Downside is if viewers will succumb to favoritism, and also that thing with transparency people online are complaining about.

Regardless, this is increasingly becoming a very interesting season indeed. :)

Comment by James – June 19, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I came to see the house and its totally awesome

Comment by newinkpop – June 19, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on I'm LissaBreen – Welcome To My World (My Life, My Way&My Destiny).

Comment by LissaCaldina – June 19, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i. cant. wait.

Comment by Elyse – June 19, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To me it looks like they just redecorated the old house. I don’t see that much of a difference.

Comment by madhatter360 – June 19, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, it doesn’t look much different to me either!

Comment by zigzagzoey – June 19, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what they always do. They aren’t going to build an entire new house. This is the show that shows in the kids section at grocery stores to entertain the HG’s for goodness sakes.

Comment by CountryQueen – June 19, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. There is a big difference in a ‘new house’ and a new design, which they do every year.

Comment by Kristoffer – June 19, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have done away with the pool table. It has made BB After Dark incredibly boring because they just play pool in silence at night the past few seasons. That’s why I don’t even care that I wont be able to get BBAD on TVGN which was another bad mistake!

Comment by didi – June 19, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The new twists will probably play out like every other “new twist” BB has added the last several seasons: colossal failures. Still, it’s weirdly fun to watch them crash and burn.

Comment by Geo – June 19, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why can’t the “twist” be that there is no freaking twist. They usually end up bombing. It doesn’t matter, I will get ridiculously over-invested no matter what happens. I love BB almost as much as I hate myself for loving it.

Comment by Leah – June 19, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel the EXACT same way. I complain about stupid things they try to do to make it more exciting, but then when it happens, I’m glued to my TV going “OOOHHH! What will they do now?!?!”

Comment by alyssa – June 21, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What they need to do is only let people who are watching the live feed vote as they are the only ones who really know how the game is being played. The editing always manipulates because they are always trying to tell a story during the hour show and it doesn’t level the playing field.

Comment by Ronnie – June 19, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This series is like a whirlpool of destruction for my summer. It starts with the show and then the live feeds, and BBAD and then the tweet updates when I’m not home or near a computer and then you know what will happen before the show airs to catch you up on the week and it becomes boring to watch the show because it’s just a recap of what you already know, but if you only watch the live feeds you won’t see the action up close or the drama when things get all goldfish-y on the feeds. And if you only watch the show and not the feeds you miss any Behind The Scenes drama that is edited out of the CBS broadcast. I’m tellin’ ya, it’s a full time summer volunteer torture program and I ALWAYS FALL BACK IN.

Comment by anthonynewhall – June 19, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this post and kudos to you for admitting to doing what many of us do but won’t admit to doing.

Comment by Michael – June 20, 2013 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like the look of the house! Love the HoH room.

Comment by gabby – June 19, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the name of that song you keep hearing in the commercial?

Comment by ziggy – June 20, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really look forward to this. I will be watching all 3 nights a week that it is on and will be DVR’ing After Dark in case anything good happens there. And for the people who dislike returning players (I usually don’t mind) this is a season of all new players so I think that may also be a good thing.

Comment by G – June 21, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About a year and a half ago, I wrote in to CBS, in the comment section, about an idea of the HOH placing 3 contestants on the block (and possibly reducing it 2 by veto night). It would be pretty cool if they used my idea.

Comment by 1qaz2wsx – June 24, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post