Fall TV Poll | Tuesday: NCIS Vs. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Other DVR Dilemmas

Fall TV Schedule 2013 TuesdaysThe Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. In fact, the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Each day this week, TVLine will present the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch ”live” during each time slot.

(If you fancy yourself a DVRnista and are horribly, irrevocably hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED | TVLine’s Full Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When and Versus What

WTWtuesday2013NOTES ABOUT THE TUESDAY GRID: This represents face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why, for example, Suits (which unlike Covert is taking a midseason break on Sept. 17) is not included. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Dads, The Goldbergs, Lucky 7, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Originals

RELATED | Fall TV Poll, Monday: Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

1. andrewbowman55@msn.com says:

I went NCIS, Covert Affairs and SOA based on the assumption that I didn’t have a DVR. But of course I do, So in reality it’d be NCIS, Voice results and POI, while DVR’ing Shield, NCIS:LA, Covert Affairs, Chicago Fire and Sons. And given the comments, I might check out The Originals.

Luther probably should be removed from the options as it’s airing all four episodes from September 3-6 at 10pm on BBCA.

2. Rossi says:

NCIS (only if cote returns)

Covert affairs & NCIS LA

3. robinepowell says:

I will take a look at S.H.E.I.D. but if I don’t get into it, then there’s nothing on Tuesdays for me, now that Parenthood has moved to Thursdays.

4. felinefriend says:

POI at 9/10 and DVR Justified when it’s back.

5. Alia says:

I’ll watch SHIELD and Supernatural live, then catch up on New Girl and The Originals on DVR or Hulu Plus.

6. Alex says:

8pm has the only 2 shows i’m planning to watch, NCIS and SHIELD. Whatever I don’t watch at 8, watching at 9.

7. CA says:

S.H.E.I.L.D.
    Supernatural
    Person of Interest

I think it’s great that NCIS finally has some actual competition. IMO, they’ve coasted the last few years with nothing on in their time slot. Same with NCIS L.A.. They’ve been able to coast along for the last 5 years simply because they follow the mothership.
    This could definitely be an interesting night of television.

8. Gwen says:

We’ll watch “NCIS: Los Angeles” live and DVR “Covert Affairs”

9. Tory says:

I’ve been so disappointed in NCIS the last couple years, but especially during season 10. That’s why I will be watching shield and looking around to find out if the newest NCIS episode is worth my time. Now if CdP were leaving, then it would be NCIS live.

10. Melody Paris says:

Tuesdays in the Fall suck for me, because there is simply too much on this one night. Thankfully there is hardly anything interesting in the latter half of the week so I can watch the over abundance of Tuesday’s DVR’d shows. I DVR everything anyways.
    7 pm – SHIELD, NCIS, The Originals (if I watched live probably NCIS or SHIELD)
    8 pm – Supernatural, NCIS: LA, Covert Affairs (if I watched live Supernatural, without a doubt)
    8:30 pm – Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    9 pm – Person of Interest, Chicago Fire, and considering checking out Lucky 7 (PoI would be live)
    Tuesdays happen to have my two favorite shows on TV right now: Supernatural and Person of Interest. These will always be the priority on this ridiculously packed night.

• Melody Paris says:

Oh crap, I forgot about White Collar and Sons of Anarchy. Well, toss them onto my watch list as well. That’s 12 programs on one night…which essentially means a major workout for my DVR.

11. Carol says:

Person of Interest, is there even a question? I may catch some of NCIS:LA as I wait for POI to come on but otherwise its PBS for me on this night.

12. Chris says:

is covert affairs going to have a summer finale and then come back in the late fall or will it be on in September? does anyone know?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It’s running straight through, as suggested by the footnote beneath today’s grid graphic device… grid.

• Chris says:

thanks Matt :) Sorry I missed the notes under the grid..

In that caseI’l since i don’t have a dvr I don’t know how I’ll choose between Covert Affairs and Supernatural. I guess it will just depend on which storyline I like better.

• John says:

They often do repeats the same week of the initial broadcast so there might be other opportunities to catch Covert Affairs.

13. Julio says:

I”ll watch shield, the mindy project live. Hulu brooklin 99, the originals, and maybe dads. Hopefully Hulu will show them the next day.

14. teresa_u125 says:

I’ll be watching NCIS, hopefully with Cote de Pablo returning. If she does not, I will watch for a while to see how I like it. Even though I love all the characters/actors on the show, Cote is the reason I started watching.

15. Maria says:

SHIELD at 8, Supernatural at 9, and my favorite dysfunctional cop, Luther on BBCA at 10. I’ll catch Covert Affairs via VOD. Tuesday is gonna be a fun TV night!

16. Did not actually vote, but my answer could fall under the “Other” category I think.

I shall be watching NOTHING (no TV shows) LIVE on Tuesdays this autumn. NCIS would be the show I’d watch …later… if the episode is good.

17. prish says:

We have 2 Comcast DVR machines…problem solved.

18. jules says:

8pm The Originals
    10pm Lucky 7 (Gonna try it out!)

19. TexasGreatGrams says:

SUPERNATURAL @ 9/8-best show on TV-love, love “the boys” NCIS @ 8/7-love the characters & it is the most popular show on TV Person of Interest @ 10/9-love the interaction between John & Finch Will DVR NCIS LA and watch Covert Affairs when it is repeated later that night on USA.

20. EWJ says:

As someone not living in the US, I’ll watch my shows online, so that will be: Sons Of Anarchy, Chicago Fire, Supernatural, NCIS: LA, The Originals, Covert Affairs, Shield, NCIS and New Girl And in that order of importance… and whatever I don’t have time for to watch I’ll keep for when the dreaded breaks are coming.

21. Pat says:

My Tuesday nights are always NCIS nights and always will be until the series ends. Also, love NCIS LA and Person of Interest. So Tuesday nights are a ready, set, go for me!

22. litmonster says:

8pm- The Originals. 9pm- SUPERNATURAL. 10pm- Sons of Anarchy! Yeah baby!!!! Bring it on!

23. sladewilson says:

CBS live and AoS, New Girl, Covert Affairs, Chicago Fire and Luther will be DVRed

24. dp says:

Just want to point out NCIS only competition has been reality shows and comedies for almost five years.

25. Sheldon W. says:

Tuesday’s becoming quite the logjam! Here’s how I’ll unjam it:

8-9 – S.H.I.E.L.D. live, NCIS recorded
    9-10 – Supernatural live, NCIS: LA & Covert Affairs recorded
    10-11 – Person of Interest live, Lucky 7 recorded

26. meatwad says:

Just realized i have an open hour at 9 on Tuesdays, nice

27. Lana says:

I don’t watch anything live. Three PVRs and timeshift channels help me out with that. Problem solved. And I know nobody else seems to want to watch it, but I can’t wait for Trophy Wife…I’d watch Bradley Whitford in anything.

28. Miranda says:

I’m Canadian so my “live” watching doesn’t count. Plus I work until midnight most days and rarely watch anything live. The Originals is going to take first priority, but I’m PVRing S.H.I.E.L.D. as well because I love Joss Whedon’s work. Supernatural gets the 9 o’clock slot because, even though it hasn’t been great since season three, it is pretty awesome, and I’ll be PVRing New Girl and Trophy Wife until I get tired of either. I’m going to check out Lucky 7 in the 10 o’clock slot.

29. Well, here’s the deal with me. I live on the west coast, yet get eastern time zone programming for the cable networks. Thank you @Directv, by the way. Also, CBS airs 1 hour ahead of time, so NCIS begins at 7pm instead of 8pm.

@6pm: Covert Affairs. I DVR it.
    @7pm: NCIS & Sons of Anarchy. I DVR both.
    @8pm: NCIS LA. I DVR and watch later in the week.
    @9pm: POI and New Girl/Mindy Project. I DVR both.
    @10pm: NOTHING…I’m in bed. Haha

In this order, I watch SOA, POI, and Covert Affairs. I watch the others later in the week.

30. mountaineer says:

SHIELD.. Covert Affairs.. Sons. No dvr needed for me.

31. Caro says:

What kind of worthless, flaming MORON decided to put Supernatural and Covert Affairs up against one another? They are two of the only decent shows that remain on TV so we shouldn’t have to pick between them! I’ll watch Supernatural and DVR Covert Affairs but I wish I could watch both live!

32. Jamie says:

I will be watching The Originals and Supernatural live. My favorite show is Supernatural. It is so well written/acted that I never get bored watching.

33. Nikki says:

Certainly won’t be watching Dads. The trailer was absolutely painful to watch, turned it off after a minute and a half, and even getting that far was a struggle. Shame as I’m a fan of Seth MacFarlane and Seth Green!

34. Spencer says:

When is NCIS going to end? No hate whatsoever, it’s a fine show, just wondering how much longer that can last….

35. Marie says:

I DVR everything. About the only thing I’ve watched live this season is Game of Thrones. The show that made my eyes pop out with excitement is Luther. You guys who’ve never watched it are missing out on one of the best cop shows ever put on TV. Idris Elba’s performance is masterful as the damaged detective… so damn intense. I highly recommend it for your next marathon viewing session. You won’t be disappointed (and with only 4 episodes a season, it wouldn’t take long to catch up). I’ll be DVR’ing NCIS, Shield, New Girl, Supernatural and 3 of my favorite shows: Luthor, Sons of Anarchy and Person of Interest. Man, I cannot wait for fall.

36. mimi says:

I’ll watch NCIS if CdP leaves or they finally write her character properly (supporting role to the real protagonists aka Gibbs/MH and Tony/MW) and they close that nauseating trick of tiva forever and ever. Otherwise I’ll DVR the show, because I can’t live without MW, and I’ll read.

• Darlene says:

Can you hear me clapping? Though I don’t think NCIS will be able to get back to its roots (was it only a couple of seasons ago when Glasburg was talking about how important the Gibbs/Tony relationship was to the show? Whatever happened to that? Oh, yeah…sacrificed at the altar of a manufactured romance hyped by Shane Brennan: bought hook, line, and sinker by the media; and…no, I’m not going there!).

• mimi says:

Yes! I can hear you LOL
        GG promised us and the one and only NCIS Dynamic Duo (MH/Gibbs – MW/Tony) many thinkgs in that pre-Baltimore interview and we all believed him.
        Unfortunately, after waiting for two seasons, now we know that or he was lying or someone stopped him.
        Result? A perfect drama show and its unique characters changed for the worse.

After reading many posts on various site, I’ve realized that, nowadays it’s not the love for the entire show that keeps people on NCIS, but our love for one or a few actors of the cast.

Really sad :(

• Pat says:

That is so true. If it weren’t for MW, I’d have stopped watching years ago, when the show was conclusively turned into the many tragedies of Gibbs and Ziva. Despite GG’s promise, Tony and Gibbs almost never share the screen alone anymore. The only two serious conversations these two characters got in season 10 were all about Ziva, of course. Tony, apparently has no importance on the show anymore unless he’s being there to support Ziva in her latest melodrama. I really miss the Gibbs/Tony, and for that matter the Tony/Abby dynamic. I hope that tptb are aware that not all fans are sitting on the edge of their seat because Ziva has another looming situation. Even Tony won’t draw me back if we get another year of all Ziva, all the time.

• booklover_laura says:

This is exactly how I feel and exactly why I have kept watching the show for the past few seasons. And, like you, at this point, I would rather skip the show than to see MW and the rest of the cast relegated to supporting characters in Ziva’s melodramas.

• Classic NCIS fan says:

Totally agreed! I think it is sad how much of Weatherly’s talent is being wasted with the ZCIS drivel. The remainder of the cast have so much talent and chemistry which is being squandered to wank a forced, problematic pairing and a toxic character.

With actual competition, it should be interesting how much longer NCIS can hang on to the disenfranchised core of their viewers with their corrupted characters and stories geared for the obnoxious flakes with delusions of entitlement who will likely jump at the next shiny thing that comes across their line of vision.

37. kavyn says:

The Originals, Brooklyn 99 and I’ll check out SHIELD :).

I’d be more excited about SHIELD if it didn’t feel like ABC was just trying to abuse the success of the movies.

38. The 7 (CT) time slot is t tough. I am a longtime fan of NCIS but the Originals and Agents of Shield top my list of picks for fall.

39. Ram510 says:

I can’t wait for Brooklyn 99! I’ll definitely check out Shield although I’m not as big on it now as I was a month ago. I’ll have to catch Originals OnDemand, but I’m not excited about it anyways. Too bad everything I want to watch on Tuesdays is on during the same hour, boring night. If Awkward is on I’ll watch that as well

40. ChicagoFireFan says:

Chicago Fire is one of the few shows I’ve looked forward to watching each week. I can’t wait to find out what happens with Lt. Casey and the rest of the firehouse.