Fall TV Poll | Monday: Rick Castle Vs. James Spader and Other DVR Dilemmas

Get More: Polls

Fall TV Preview Monday ScheduleThe Fall TV season will be here before you know it, and with it comes tough, new viewing choices. In fact, the time to get thinking about them is now.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Each day this week, TVLine will present the grid for that night’s fall line-up, including Big 5 fare and select cable listings. You then vote for what you plan to watch “live” during each time slot.

(If you fancy yourself a DVRnista and are horribly hung up on my use of the word “live,” I invite you to vote for your “Top Priority” in each time slot. Semantics problem solved!)

RELATED | TVLine’s Full Fall TV Grid: Your Guide to What’s on When and Versus What

WTWmonday2013r1NOTES ABOUT THE MONDAY GRID: Grids represent the face-offs taking place for at least six weeks of the fall TV season; that’s why, for example, Major Crimes (which finales Sept. 16) isn’t included. Details on new shows (indicated in RED) can be found at these links: The Blacklist, Hostages, Mom, Sleepy Hollow, We Are Men

Comments (116)

• bones, hart of dixie, beauty and the beast, castle… might check out the new show “mom”

Comment by Jen – June 17, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching, Beauty and the beast, Bones, Castle, How I met your mother, and Sleepy Hollow. (in that order of “importance”)

Comment by A fan – June 17, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With Bones on Monday’s for at least little while, my Monday’s next season will be busier than they were this past season. I DVR everything.
    7 – Bones and Hart of Dixie (If I had to watch live: Hart of Dixie)
    8 – Sleepy Hollow
    9 – The Blacklist (very excited to see what James Spader can do with this role)
    10 – Teen Wolf (At some point in the season Teen Wolf will be back for the second half of season 3 which is a MUST watch as well.)
    I may continue to DVR Beauty and the Beast, but honestly I found its freshman season just so, so; and who wants to waste their time with so, so shows. It’s most likely the first show deleted from my schedule come Fall.

Comment by Melody Paris – June 17, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy that Bones will be on Friday nights. In fact it has already started with the repeats of this past season. I hope that they keep it in the 8PM time slot. Then I will be able to watch Blue Bloods on CBS, followed by Hawaii Five-O. I love all three of these shows and this will make my Friday night viewing a happy experience!

Comment by Pat – June 17, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching Bones when it’s on Mondays and Fridays, DEFINITELY. No other shows are on my list. Definitely not Castle, I’m sure.

Comment by Helen Tang – June 17, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HIMYM definitely. Will check out Sleepy Hollow and excited for Blacklist

Comment by Cort – June 17, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • people watch shows live? why?

Comment by Brianne – June 17, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch the Voice and record Bones & Hart of Dixie

Comment by amadeline – June 17, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to vote, but I don’t watch anything live…….

Comment by tazzy – June 17, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WILL BE WATCHING BEAUTY AND THE BEAST LIVE AND THEN ON MY DVR OVER and OVER and OVER again like I always do until I go to sleep or pass out and PRAY that my DVR does not blow up again. REALLY and so TRUE.

Comment by Donna Gilliam – June 17, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited for The Blacklist. James Spader seems like he’s having fun with that role in the trailer

Comment by meatwad – June 17, 2013 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s my favorite drama pilot thus far.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 17, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was definitely the most intriguing trailer I watched, so that’s good to hear.

Comment by JC – June 17, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blacklist looks crazy good. One of the new shows I’m most anticipating.

Comment by mia – June 17, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch anything before 10/9c, so I voted for Castle. But The Blacklist looks really, really intriguing. I hope Castle ups its ante a bit to compete!

Comment by Just one thing – June 17, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8-9 – Bones live, nothing recorded
    9-10 – Sleepy Hollow live, 2 Broke Girls and Mom recorded
    1-11 – Castle live, Blacklist and Hostages recorded

Comment by Sheldon W. – June 17, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I PVR almost everything. I work until midnight most days, so I have to. First priorities for me are Bones, then I’ll be checking out Sleepy Hollow and The Blacklist, with my satellite repeat of HIMYM at 11.

Comment by Miranda – June 18, 2013 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It appears that TNT, USA, PBS, Showtime, HBO, etc. are not worth watching on Monday Nights? Castle has outstayed it’s welcome.

Comment by fogel – June 18, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As made clear in the note below the grid, none of the above will have originals airing on Monday nights come mid-September.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 18, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 9pm Beauty and the Beast

Comment by jules – June 18, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for BATB!

Comment by Jared – June 26, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BATB Liveeeeeeeeee all the way, might DVR or check Sleepy Hollow on Demand!

Comment by Claudia – August 12, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I work nights so on Mon tues n wed I have to wait until the next day to watch or shortly after midnight to watch them on demand. I hate it especially now that beauty n beast is going to be on Monday I usually watch the voice Mon n Tues along with switched at birth. I also liked that show deception hoping that comes back wed is arrow n supernatural you guys need to tally numbers for on demand n hulu cause in, this crappy economy people work two jobs etc so

Comment by Jean Eklund – August 14, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beauty and the Beast! The only show that makes my heart feel love all over again.. Reminds me that love is truly beautiful.. the show is also full of lovely actors with remarkably chemistry! even the script so sensible..

Comment by Imelda – August 15, 2013 02:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching my favorite show Beauty and the Beast and maybe DVR Sleepy Hollows.Beauty and the Beast comes first of all shows i try to watch.

Comment by Tess Wagner (@TessWagner2) – August 17, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie and Blacklist! Sleepy Hollow if time allows.

Comment by Ava – August 26, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blacklist has James Spader. ‘Nuff said.

Comment by bobbie – August 26, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! Waiting anxiously for season 2!

Comment by Penny – September 8, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving my Monday lineup. It will be my favorite day. Bones, Beauty and the Beast and then finishing off with Castle. DVR Hollow

Comment by Dickens (@DickensHall) – September 15, 2013 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will watch Beauty and the Beast in any time slot!

Comment by Fay Herridge – September 22, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BLACKLIST for sure. Watched the first show & I am definitely hooked. This is really good, fast paced, unusual & unsuspected twists & turns. Love it!

Comment by Patty Andres – October 7, 2013 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tape castle and bones lives when I have time but like to DVR them for later watching for sure. I love to re-watch both later on.

Comment by sue hauersperger – November 11, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post