Red Carpet Video: True Blood Cast Previews the Deadliest, Most 'Extreme' Season Yet

Get More: Interviews, Previews, Video

True Blood Season 6 SpoilersHBO’s True Blood returns with its sixth season this Sunday, and according to the cast — who chatted with TVLine at the addictive drama’s recent premiere party — things are more “extreme” than ever.

“There’s a lot of life, death, sex and violence,” Bon Temps’ newest were-babe Jamie Gray Hyder tells us with a laugh. “It’s True Blood on steroids!”

VIDEO | True Blood Season 6 — Meet Sookie’s New Love Interest

Adding to the insanity of Season 6 are Bill(ith)’s new powers (“He doesn’t know what to do with it,” Stephen Moyer shares. “They may be good for him, and they may not.”), some Pam and Tara rendezvous (“It’s always interesting to see them together,” Rutina Wesley notes. “Sometimes Tara has to be the bigger and better one for Pam, and Pam doesn’t want to hear it.”) and a higher-than-usual body count (“There are some sad deaths,” Sam Trammell reveals, “but you can’t always skirt that.”)

Press PLAY below for more bloody good True Blood scoop, then hit the comments with your hopes for the coming season.

Comments (13)

• If one of those deaths is Eric, I’m done with this show.

Comment by Cassie – June 15, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto…seriously… BUT i don’t think this will happen.

Comment by Danielle H. – June 15, 2013 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t see any scenario where Eric would die. There are too many Eric fans and they would take a big beating for it. I don’t care one way or the other, but even I don’t think they can be that stupid. I just hope they tone down the multiple storylines. There were way too many last year. From what I’ve heard though it seems that’s not going to happen…

Comment by Jil – June 15, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, no more ifrits!

Comment by The Beach – June 15, 2013 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If one of those “sad deaths” is Eric, I’m CANCELLING my HBO subscription F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!

Comment by angelamissouri – June 15, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show hasn’t been good in a long time. Who cares what they do next.

Comment by Chuck Finley (AJ) – June 15, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gave up last year but ill probably end up watching in ff through the eps

Comment by david – June 15, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Tara finally dies. She has been annoying and useless for 3 seasons.

Comment by Anthea – June 15, 2013 08:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “I hope this show finally ends. It has been annoying and useless for 3 seasons.”

there, i fiexed it

Comment by Polly – June 16, 2013 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Tara will die this season. Will be sad to see her go but I think it’s her time. I do love this show. I just really wish they did something better with the Lilith storyline. And I want more witches!!

Comment by Phil – June 16, 2013 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol@the Eric hards crying.
    It won’t be Eric, Bill or Sookie. They’re the heart of the show and won’t die untill the series finale comes along

Comment by mac – June 16, 2013 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 1 & 2 were great, but thereafter it was going downhill all the way. Hope this season 6 is a reboot for this amazing show

Comment by Movie Fanatic – June 16, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the show, I love Pamara and think the show can have slow moments but still is better than 90% of everything else on television and cable.

Comment by Bobby – June 17, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post