Red Carpet Video: True Blood Cast Previews the Deadliest, Most 'Extreme' Season Yet

True Blood Season 6 SpoilersHBO’s True Blood returns with its sixth season this Sunday, and according to the cast — who chatted with TVLine at the addictive drama’s recent premiere party — things are more “extreme” than ever.

“There’s a lot of life, death, sex and violence,” Bon Temps’ newest were-babe Jamie Gray Hyder tells us with a laugh. “It’s True Blood on steroids!”

VIDEO | True Blood Season 6 — Meet Sookie’s New Love Interest

Adding to the insanity of Season 6 are Bill(ith)’s new powers (“He doesn’t know what to do with it,” Stephen Moyer shares. “They may be good for him, and they may not.”), some Pam and Tara rendezvous (“It’s always interesting to see them together,” Rutina Wesley notes. “Sometimes Tara has to be the bigger and better one for Pam, and Pam doesn’t want to hear it.”) and a higher-than-usual body count (“There are some sad deaths,” Sam Trammell reveals, “but you can’t always skirt that.”)

Press PLAY below for more bloody good True Blood scoop, then hit the comments with your hopes for the coming season.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Interviews, Previews, Video

1. Cassie says:

If one of those deaths is Eric, I’m done with this show.

2. Jil says:

I don’t see any scenario where Eric would die. There are too many Eric fans and they would take a big beating for it. I don’t care one way or the other, but even I don’t think they can be that stupid. I just hope they tone down the multiple storylines. There were way too many last year. From what I’ve heard though it seems that’s not going to happen…

3. If one of those “sad deaths” is Eric, I’m CANCELLING my HBO subscription F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!

4. This show hasn’t been good in a long time. Who cares what they do next.

5. david says:

I gave up last year but ill probably end up watching in ff through the eps

6. Anthea says:

I hope Tara finally dies. She has been annoying and useless for 3 seasons.

7. Polly says:

“I hope this show finally ends. It has been annoying and useless for 3 seasons.”

there, i fiexed it

8. Phil says:

I think Tara will die this season. Will be sad to see her go but I think it’s her time. I do love this show. I just really wish they did something better with the Lilith storyline. And I want more witches!!

9. mac says:

lol@the Eric hards crying.
    It won’t be Eric, Bill or Sookie. They’re the heart of the show and won’t die untill the series finale comes along

10. Season 1 & 2 were great, but thereafter it was going downhill all the way. Hope this season 6 is a reboot for this amazing show

11. Bobby says:

I love the show, I love Pamara and think the show can have slow moments but still is better than 90% of everything else on television and cable.