GH's Roger Howarth Heads to Californication

Roger Howarth Joins CalifornicationRoger Howarth‘s first primetime TV gig in a while will require a bit of a… stretch.

RELATED | Californication Scoop: 666 Park Beauty Puts Hank in a Compromising Position

The One Life to Live vet-slash-General Hospital star has booked a multi-episode arc on Showtime’s Californication as a yoga teacher named Chris, our sister site Deadline reports.

Specifically, Howarth’s character — who’ll appear in at least two episodes — will lead a class whose students include Hank’s baby momma/sometime girlfriend Karen (played by Natascha McElhone).

RELATED | 24 Favorite Mary Lyn Rajskub Heads to Californication

Californication returns for Season 7 in early 2014.

Howarth’s previous primetime gigs include Dawson’s Creek (as Professor Greg Hetson) and ABC’s short-lived Prey. On GH, he recently took over the role of Franco from, well, James Franco, after the whole OLTL online reboot/legal mishegas forced his Todd Manning out of Port Charles and back to OLTL‘s Llanview.

1. Lana says:

I hope they make him get rid of the awful dye job that GH is forcing on him!

• Tenney says:

His dye job does look awful, they need to do something about that ASAP!. I thought I would hate him as Franco, but surprisingly I loved is scenes with Tracy and AJ. FrankQ may not turn out to be so bad after all.

• Neicey says:

I still see him as Todd.

• Julie says:

Me too, the awful dye job doesn’t change that fact. Soooo does this mean he’s leaving GH again? I really wish the OLTL actors could play their original characters and that Kristin Alderson and Chad Duell weren’t playing cousins.

• Karen says:

I agree! Roger Howarth is so talented, he’s just a delight whenever he’s on the screen. I’m not sure how TPTB intend to “undo” all his crimes but I can see them working toward it. Today’s stuff with Carly was a start. And I’m betting Danny will need some kind of transfusion that only Franco will be able to provide. (Like they started redeeming Todd when he saved the kids from the car accident).

• Julie says:

Oh he’s definitely going to be the bone marrow donor. No question. They have to redeem him somehow if they want him to stick around.

2. stcrvr says:

not his first TV gig–he was on Dawson’s Creek as Joey’s professor

3. Tammy says:

Really glad for Roger. I don’t care who he plays, he is so great! Makes me laugh. Just love him..

• I have gone from ATWT as Paul Ryan when that show was cancelled I cried . But when Roger went to One Life To Live I started watching because of him. Now as Todd Manning on General Hospital and now Franco and now maybe Jason . I will follow Roger wherever he goes.he is a great actor !!

4. Leslie says:

Roger is so talented and so cute that he can make any character great! I’m loving him on GH!

5. Joanna says:

I would watch him read a phone book, he’s so talented.

• Tammy says:

Me too… Even the hair is growing on me. They must have put a toner on it. I could just watch him and Dominic all day. Mmmm.

6. Rob says:

He’s also still appearing on OLTL as Todd. It sounded to me like he was going to be doing both, especially since the spread out nature of the online version of OLTL would seem to allow him to tape his scenes well in advance for that show.

7. Bobby says:

Love him and hope he gets as famous as he’d like to be.

8. E. says:

Congratulations on working “mishegas” into your article!

9. Sue says:

Loving Roger as Franco – wacky dye job notwithstanding! He’s just off kilter enough to be believable as a pseudo-psycho. He puts so much of himself in every role – always a joy to watch!!

10. coffissa says:

Love Roger… whatever character he playes. He is great as FrankQ…
    I have followed him from the beginning and hope he gets an Emmy next year!!!
    The writing on GH has been awesome this past year…

11. coffissa says:

Love Roger…hope he gets an Emmy next year!

12. Lori says:

I hope Rodger gets picked up my a prime time show as what a waste of his talent on General Hospital by having him play Todd, whose playing Franco with a bad dye job who is still playing TODD. If the writings so great on GH why are they DEAD LAST in ratings? Looks like their on their last leg as ABC said no more mob stories and forgot what that did to the franchie and are now pushing another go round of mob stories with the Jeromes.

13. Ollie says:

Actually, GH is second in the demo that counts and it’s viewership continually rises overall. Dead last out of four shows isn’t exactly an atrocity. However, this article is about an actor and not GH. soapcentral.com would be the correct place for GH banter. Not here… lol

14. Michele Del G says:

I’m gonna get Showtime again when Californication season starts… Just to see Roger. Love the way he is on as Todd in Llanview and Franco in Port Charles… Now he will be the new Brian Kest of LA too. I’m psyched…..

15. Dana says:

Roger is a super hot actor and I’m happy he’s somebody on GH. Good luck and Happy Early Bday I love you

16. rosemetal says:

Mr. Howarth is absolutely beautiful!

17. lilly says:

Roger is a doll on any show.

18. ” Ritter has a long list of TV and film credits to her name, including “One Life to Live,” “Confessions of
    a Shopaholic,” “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23,” and “Gilmore Girls.
    The deceptively simple cuckold husband murder plot has
    many subtle layers. “Every time I go around a corner, I keep thinking I’ll see my dad.

19. Betty says:

I just love him know matter what he plays. Hes just that good an actor!!!