GH's Roger Howarth Heads to Californication

Roger Howarth Joins CalifornicationRoger Howarth‘s first primetime TV gig in a while will require a bit of a… stretch.

RELATED | Californication Scoop: 666 Park Beauty Puts Hank in a Compromising Position

The One Life to Live vet-slash-General Hospital star has booked a multi-episode arc on Showtime’s Californication as a yoga teacher named Chris, our sister site Deadline reports.

Specifically, Howarth’s character — who’ll appear in at least two episodes — will lead a class whose students include Hank’s baby momma/sometime girlfriend Karen (played by Natascha McElhone).

RELATED | 24 Favorite Mary Lyn Rajskub Heads to Californication

Californication returns for Season 7 in early 2014.

Howarth’s previous primetime gigs include Dawson’s Creek (as Professor Greg Hetson) and ABC’s short-lived Prey. On GH, he recently took over the role of Franco from, well, James Franco, after the whole OLTL online reboot/legal mishegas forced his Todd Manning out of Port Charles and back to OLTL‘s Llanview.

Comments (29)

• I hope they make him get rid of the awful dye job that GH is forcing on him!

Comment by Lana – June 12, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His dye job does look awful, they need to do something about that ASAP!. I thought I would hate him as Franco, but surprisingly I loved is scenes with Tracy and AJ. FrankQ may not turn out to be so bad after all.

Comment by Tenney – June 12, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I still see him as Todd.

Comment by Neicey – June 12, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too, the awful dye job doesn’t change that fact. Soooo does this mean he’s leaving GH again? I really wish the OLTL actors could play their original characters and that Kristin Alderson and Chad Duell weren’t playing cousins.

Comment by Julie – June 12, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! Roger Howarth is so talented, he’s just a delight whenever he’s on the screen. I’m not sure how TPTB intend to “undo” all his crimes but I can see them working toward it. Today’s stuff with Carly was a start. And I’m betting Danny will need some kind of transfusion that only Franco will be able to provide. (Like they started redeeming Todd when he saved the kids from the car accident).

Comment by Karen – June 12, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh he’s definitely going to be the bone marrow donor. No question. They have to redeem him somehow if they want him to stick around.

Comment by Julie – June 12, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not his first TV gig–he was on Dawson’s Creek as Joey’s professor

Comment by stcrvr – June 12, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one said it was his first TV gig; just his first primetime TV gig in a while.

Comment by Karen – June 12, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really glad for Roger. I don’t care who he plays, he is so great! Makes me laugh. Just love him..

Comment by Tammy – June 12, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have gone from ATWT as Paul Ryan when that show was cancelled I cried . But when Roger went to One Life To Live I started watching because of him. Now as Todd Manning on General Hospital and now Franco and now maybe Jason . I will follow Roger wherever he goes.he is a great actor !!

Comment by Betsie Yeomans – July 23, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roger is so talented and so cute that he can make any character great! I’m loving him on GH!

Comment by Leslie – June 12, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch him read a phone book, he’s so talented.

Comment by Joanna – June 12, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too… Even the hair is growing on me. They must have put a toner on it. I could just watch him and Dominic all day. Mmmm.

Comment by Tammy – June 12, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s also still appearing on OLTL as Todd. It sounded to me like he was going to be doing both, especially since the spread out nature of the online version of OLTL would seem to allow him to tape his scenes well in advance for that show.

Comment by Rob – June 13, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him and hope he gets as famous as he’d like to be.

Comment by Bobby – June 13, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it has ever been Roger’s goal to be famous. He just wants to act.

Comment by Cathy – July 4, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations on working “mishegas” into your article!

Comment by E. – June 16, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving Roger as Franco – wacky dye job notwithstanding! He’s just off kilter enough to be believable as a pseudo-psycho. He puts so much of himself in every role – always a joy to watch!!

Comment by Sue – June 25, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Roger… whatever character he playes. He is great as FrankQ…
    I have followed him from the beginning and hope he gets an Emmy next year!!!
    The writing on GH has been awesome this past year…

Comment by coffissa – June 28, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Roger…hope he gets an Emmy next year!

Comment by coffissa – June 28, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Rodger gets picked up my a prime time show as what a waste of his talent on General Hospital by having him play Todd, whose playing Franco with a bad dye job who is still playing TODD. If the writings so great on GH why are they DEAD LAST in ratings? Looks like their on their last leg as ABC said no more mob stories and forgot what that did to the franchie and are now pushing another go round of mob stories with the Jeromes.

Comment by Lori – June 30, 2013 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually, GH is second in the demo that counts and it’s viewership continually rises overall. Dead last out of four shows isn’t exactly an atrocity. However, this article is about an actor and not GH. soapcentral.com would be the correct place for GH banter. Not here… lol

Comment by Ollie – July 8, 2013 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna get Showtime again when Californication season starts… Just to see Roger. Love the way he is on as Todd in Llanview and Franco in Port Charles… Now he will be the new Brian Kest of LA too. I’m psyched…..

Comment by Michele Del G – July 22, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roger is a super hot actor and I’m happy he’s somebody on GH. Good luck and Happy Early Bday I love you

Comment by Dana – August 11, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Howarth is absolutely beautiful!

Comment by rosemetal – September 13, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roger is a doll on any show.

Comment by lilly – October 14, 2013 11:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ” Ritter has a long list of TV and film credits to her name, including “One Life to Live,” “Confessions of
    a Shopaholic,” “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23,” and “Gilmore Girls.
    The deceptively simple cuckold husband murder plot has
    many subtle layers. “Every time I go around a corner, I keep thinking I’ll see my dad.

Comment by californication quotes – November 1, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love him know matter what he plays. Hes just that good an actor!!!

Comment by Betty – February 11, 2014 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post