Awkward Sneak Peek: This Fall, Jenna Gets a New Look, Attitude and... Boyfriend?

Well, this is Awkward.

A new trailer for the MTV series’ Season 3b return this fall reveals that Jenna has definitely moved on from boyfriend Matty after (SPOILER ALERT) last night’s heart-crushing midseason finale — and straight into Collin’s arms.

RELATED | Awkward Season 3 Spoilers — Beau Mirchoff on Jenna and Matty’s Future

Meanwhile, her new guy is causing quite the stir among her friends and family. Tamara even punches him and yells that he broke her BFF, who’s sporting a new style and ‘tude!

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. june says:

I can’t even believe I have to wait til the fall.

• iMember says:

Better than having to wait till next year!!

• Paulina says:

I KNOWWWW….. IM FANGIRLINGG….. I cant believe Jenna broke up with Matty. But i think its for the best. She was clearly not happy. But i dont like that she’s with Collin either. Im still #teamjake

2. iMember says:

I am absolutely loving where the writers are taking Jenna this season after last night’s [REALLY GOOD] episode. She’s going to a dark place and if she’s ever going to discover who she truly wants to be as a person, she needs to experience different things. Also, she’s getting what she deserves after being kinda awful this first half. Which is another thing I love about this show, the writers know what they are doing and they know their audience well, anticipating just how everyone is going to react and putting it into the show.

3. Azerty says:

I am glad to see they are ruining Jenna on purpose and that is not just lazy writing. First part of the season was not great but after this trailer I am curious about DarkJenna. And we need more Ming (dafnq she is blond?) and asian mafia!

4. Rachel says:

I was disappointed with this first half of the season but the next half looks so much better! Here’s hoping to less Asian Mafia stuff and more Sadie!

• Sid says:

Because of the longer seasons, they are taking longer to pull the punches. Well, after this trailer, it seems worth it!

5. a says:

Wish this show would have much less of Jenna’s triangles and a lot more Sadie and a lot more Asian mafia. Also does anyone else think Colin has a really weird shaped head? His face is so round and weird. I don’t get the sexual appeal. Jenna’s dad is the hottest guy on this show still.

6. dinosaur! says:

I hope they find something better for Jake to do. When Lissa confided in him earlier this season, I thought it’d come out that he’d been comforting her and keeping her secret all this time, but apparently not.

Ha, did I see Ally in the intervention? Should also be fun to see Sadie hanging out with Matty, Tamara, and Jake. I’m kind of disappointed with this season so far, but I’m still really looking forward to the second half.

7. Jess says:

I’m glad Jenna/Matty are over. I like them, I just don’t think they’re good for each other. They only have sexual chemistry. Now for Jake and Tamara to break up…Hopefully Sadie causes a lot of trouble. :D

8. ggny says:

Time from Hipster Douchebag Jenna. Fun

9. kandijay says:

I haven’t watched any of this season yet (I DVR and then binge-watch) but I’m thinking I’m going to delete them and not bother. Jenna doesn’t seem very likable anymore.

• iMember says:

Trust me, watch it. And the reason why Jenna seems that way is because it is that way…ON PURPOSE. But it’s good!!

10. Joey says:

The trailer for the new episodes looks good and sad. I can’t wait to see them this fall.

11. Amanda M. says:

Tamara seemed more upset about the BFGFBFF breakup than Jenna.

And I hope this trailer isn’t foreshadowing Matty and Sadie… in one scene it looks like they could be on a double date with Jakara. Please, no… I like them as friends.

I hope they redeem Jenna and that her and Matty work through this bump in the road. This is the season of “Who do I want to be?”, and though she is going about it the wrong way, she is just a confused teenager… I think that letter her mom wrote did quite a number on her…

• johnhelvete says:

Based on the trailer, it seems likely that Jenna doesn’t do the right thing and break things off with Matty before starting something with Colin. Besides that I don’t see how Jenna is going about things the wrong way in finding out who she really is. And If she does hook up with Colin behind Matty’s back, I don’t see Matty forgiving her.

12. Elyse says:

Matty </3

13. anyone else think Dark Jenna is dream squence?

• Azerty says:

I hope not. This needs to be real, not a dream, not imagination, not a paper Jenna wrote for her class…

14. Ella says:

I ADORE Matty but at this point, I don’t think Jenna deserves him, nor do I think they have the chemistry or the spark they did in their relationship before actually getting together. Weirdly, I DO like Jenna and Colin together, I think they have an awesome dynamic. I also wish they’d give Jake a new love interest. He was such a great character, he’s an absolute shell of his former self and as much as I love Tamara as the adorable and hilarious sidekick, I do not think she is good or worthy girlfriend.

15. Saba says:

I really loved this show from the beginning.It makes me think more about things and I’m happy that Jenna is now with Collin.There is a really special thing between them.As I watched the trailer,I realized that Collin is like drug to her.Matty was a great boyfriend and there’s no doubt he loved her but there was no chemistry between them.Jenna is mesmerized by Collin and seriously their relationship gives me goosebumps.

• Cat says:

I feel the same way, plus there’s always been a part of me that doesn’t believe that Jenna and Matty would last. It’s so true in high school that people change and make new friends, so maybe Jenna will make new friends. What kind of a friend is Tamara anyway, cheating is wrong but going out with your best friends ex boyfriend dafuq? COLIN and JENNA have real chemistry they are both like on the same level. I’m glad Jenna chose Matty because I don’t think I would like it if she did this to Jake.

16. Walter says:

Ugh. I don’t know… Seems kind of crappy writing to me. This storyline would be better if it weren’t drawn out over
    Twenty episodes. Also, ratings pale in comparison to season 1 and 2, so I’m worried about their chances of getting renewed. If they do get renewed they should go back to 12 episodes a year.

17. Jared says:

When I first heard that Awkward was renewed for 20 episodes I was excited but looking back on the season so far maybe this show is better off only doing 12 episodes. For whatever reason Jenna has become so unlikeable. This show spent 2 seasons with the whole Matty/Jake love triangle to only have it sabotaged all season long. I am happy that the writers are changing up Jenna’s character a little bit and letting her grow and evolve. Awkward really is such a funny and witty comedy. Can’t wait til Fall to watch the rest of the episodes.

18. rachelle says:

Collin is so hot… that I’m rooting for him and Jenna. Even though I know it won’t last. I like Jen’s chemistry with him. They’re passionate! Also, I agree with some of the posters above about Jenna’s dad. I’ve always said that that man is SMOKIN’ HOT!!!

19. Jaclyn says:

I think that this season was very unbeleivable! Jenna has the perfect relationship witht he guy she has been pinning over and in love with who is paying her so much attention, changing for her, and thinks she is to good for him. Matty has always been there for her and even though he said he was ashamed of her that is the only thing that he did wrong and she did many things wrong. All season she has just been creating problems in a perfect relationship that always is suited for her and never Matty. Matty always cares for her, takes care if her, asks about her and she never does the same for him she very selfish and one sided never thinking about Matty’s feelings life or issues. Also Jenna only thinks if him as abes and doesn’t see how much if a sweetheart he is and all he does for her. If Jenna doesn’t wake up and realize the perfect thing she has I hope Matty finds someone who does!

20. Faye says:

i love matty he’s she nice, and then jenna breaks his heart! i hope that sadie and matty get together, even though sadie can be evil she is a lot nicer when she’s with matty. i hate jenna now and she deserves to be lonely, and have nobody. the rest of season three is definetly going to be interesting. so excited!

21. roe says:

I don’t understand. Matty is such a great guy. He doesn’t deserve to be cheated on! Seriously. I haven’t seen the season yet, but I am not really looking forward to it. I really liked Jenna and Matty, but if she’s going to hurt Matty she doesn’t deserve him! I am thankful at least Jake got away from her.

22. Marissa says:

Matt and Jenna’s relationship is too vanilla for me, and I think for her too. She liked Matty before all of the drama that happened in Seasons 1 and 2, before she had matured and really come into her own person, and she is still trying to figure herself out. Jenna’s feelings for Matty just seem immature and apart of her past now. I really like Collin, and I like that he actually has things in common with Jenna. The biggest problem I have with Matty and Jenna is that they have nothing in common. Sure, the sex is great, but what about everything else? Matty deserves a better girlfriend, and Jenna deserves to have someone she can be a better girlfriend too. Maybe they will eventually find each other again, but they definitely need to drift apart for the time being imo.

23. bianca says:

First of all its high school that’s the time we figure out who we are in life. And a true would try to see what jenna is going through not make them want to stay with someone the don’t like just so u can have your bfgfbff. Second matty is wrong for jenna he said he was ashamed of her and all they do is have sex they don’t have nothing in common at all. But that collin guy is cute and him and jenna have many thing in common his not a good example but at least he makes her explorer new thing in life and that’s what she needs.

24. Briz says:

I think its completely stupid that Jenna keeps breaking Matty’s heart. I really liked Jenna in the first season, but now she’s becoming more and more annoying every time she does something mean to Matty. Jenna doesn’t deserve him, and I hope he finds someone who does! She only creates problems in the relationship. Seriously? Cheating on your boyfriend whose been there through everything with you? so much for maturing, Jenna! That’s the second times she’s cheated on Matty. I hope she gets put in the spot with the new upcoming season. I kind of don’t want to watch it just out of the fear of her doing something stupid AGAIN! I also hope that Tamara and Jake break up. I’m not really into their relationship. It just seems so forced. So for now I’m #teamasianmafia && Ming with blonde hair?? LOVE IT!!

25. joelle says:

at this point i have no idea. when i watched this my heart just like dropped. like wtf is she doing. what has she become. but it will be sad once the season ends because this is her last season…..

26. Remmy says:

What jenna did to matty is really not fair! I knw matty has made mistakes too! Buh what jenna did is just wrong! Matty cares bout her! He always has! I hope they bring a pretty girl fOr matty so jenna will be insanely jealous nd so dat she will regret decision she made! Lets Face it she might be into collins now, buh she will always have a thing for matty! I love maaty he is an amazing guy! I hope he is happy in d next half of d season! Cant wait!

27. Frankie Jo says:

i hope that it’s all just a bad dream and that Jenna didn’t really end things with Marty bc he really loves her….I’m addicted to this show