Vikings Adds Law & Order Vet to Season 2 Cast

Get More: Casting News

Vikings Season 2 Cast Linus RoacheA New York ADA and a tribute from District 2 are becoming Vikings.

Linus Roache, best known as the Law & Order franchise’s Michael Cutter, and Alexander Ludwig, of The Hunger Games, will be on board for the drama’s second season.

Roache will play Ecbert, King of Wessex, “a man full of strength, knowledge and undisguised ambition,” History announced Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Ludwig’s Bjorn is the smart, brave warrior son of Ragnar Lothbrok (played by Travis Fimmel).

RELATEDVikings Creator Drops Season 2 Hints!

Executive producer Michael Hirst teased Ragnar’s interaction with Ecbert when he spoke with TVLine at the end of the show’s freshman season. “Wessex is a much bigger kingdom in England and has a much more powerful king,” he previewed, “so it’s going to be interesting how that pans out.”

In addition to playing legal eagle Cutter on Law & Order and its SVU offshoot, Roache has appeared on the British soap Coronation Street and in the Titanic miniseries. Newcomer Ludwig has had roles in Race to Witch Mountain and the upcoming Grown Ups 2.

The highly rated series’ 10-episode Season 2, slated to bow in 2014, begins production this summer.

Comments (13)

• Is the show skipping ahead in time? What happened to the little blond kid playing Ragnar’s son?

I do like Linus Roache. Liked him ever since that Priest movie long ago.

Comment by Dee – June 11, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, him and Begbie making out was pretty hot!

Comment by vighorois – June 11, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do wish he was still in L&O SVU. Amazing actor. He made me fall in love with the original all over.

Comment by Esaul – June 11, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to IMDB, Nathan O’Toole played Bjorn Lothbrok, Ragnar’s son in the 1st season, so I guess he was recast. It’s too bad. I liked the little kid last season.

Comment by Elaine – June 11, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they are skipping in time, Nathan O’Toole is still a little boy, Alexander Ludwig is also blonde, but much older.

Comment by nanook – June 11, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Jessalyn Gilroy is back fulltime as Siggy I will keep watching!

Comment by jasie – June 11, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lets try it again.. Jessalyn Gilsig.

Comment by jasie – June 11, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad I will find Linus Roache back on my TV.Really miss him on L&O:SVU.

Comment by Ethel – June 11, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unless he had a recurring role on SVU, and I missed it, he was always on the regular L&O. He came in after Sam Waterston became the DA when Fred Thompson left to run for president in 2008.

Comment by majamababe – June 11, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He had a very brief recurring stint on SVU in the first half of Season 13- I think they were throwing recurring characters at the audience (Novak and Cabot showed up too!) to make up for the fan-favorite the show had just lost. (Elliot.)

Comment by Zoe – June 13, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Roache made several appearances on SVU in the 2011-2012 season. Cutter had been promoted to Executive ADA of the Special Victims Unit. That seems to have gotten lost along the way.

Comment by EJ – June 11, 2013 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for Linus Roache, Lord knows NBC has screwed this talented guy out of the same job TWICE! Those dumba**es at NBC canceled Law & Order first in 2010 then that prick showrunner Warren Leight scrapped Cutter on SVU after like 3 episodes. Season 14 of SVU was just horrible, I’m sorry. I’m not looking forward to S15 either, sorry Mariska/other SVU fans. But this is about Roache anyway, good for him, he deserves a role like this! Love that guy!

Comment by Channon Zane – June 12, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed Nathan O’Toole as the young Bjorn. Such a fine actor.

Comment by PH – April 7, 2014 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post