Twisted: Did the Killer Thriller Hook You?

Twisted Premiere RecapABC Family on Tuesday unveiled Twisted, the latest (and darkest) addition to its ever-expanding slate of original series — but was the killer teen drama’s debut enough to keep you coming back for more?

First, a brief refresher: Twisted revolves around a high schooler named Danny (played by Avan Jogia), who returns home after being sent away five years prior for murdering his aunt. Danny’s estranged childhood friends, quirky Jo and mean girl Lacey (Madelaine Hasson and Kylie Bunbury, respectively), are brought back together in light of his controversial homecoming. And despite their best efforts, the girls quickly find themselves palling around with the killer once more.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Boss Previews ‘Juicy’ Season 4, a Major Mon’A’ Twist and More!

Following a fun night out at a local party, however, Danny finds himself a suspect yet again, when a young girl — Lacey’s best friend, in fact — is found murdered. Danny, his mother (Denise Richards) and, rather surprisingly, Jo, are determined to clear his name, but his unwillingness to reveal the true reason he killed his aunt could spell his demise.

What say you, TVLine nation? Grade Twisted in the poll below and then hit the comments to back up your choice!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Polls, Premieres

1. Babybop says:

I watched the premiere back when they showed it in April. I liked it, but I’ll have to see how it’ll play out before I put my vote in for renewals.

2. dean says:

TV line called this show “dexter in highschool” and its nothing like that. They’re going to do the lame “did he or didnt he thing”. I’m tired of stories like that on ABC family. Make him a killer and move on

• M says:

This. I thought the premise was interesting, but they totally lost me with the mystery angle. So totally played out. It would have been so much more interesting to do a show about an actual sociopath. Of course, We Need To Talk About Kevin was probably never gonna be an ABC Family series.

• Jooshua says:

I thought it was obvious that he did kill her? I think the big mystery why he killed her.

3. Keith says:

Isn’t it time for ABC Family to change it’s name

• David says:

They can’t- they’re contractually obligated to have the word “Family” in the channel (this was a requirement when Pat Robertson sold the network to Fox in the ’90s- who then sold it to Disney a few years later- Disney wanted to call the network The XYZ; a play on ABC, but they couldn’t because of the stipulation)

• Sarah says:

Then they shouldn’t be encouraging young girls to be friends with convicted killers.

• Matt says:

I’m amused that a channel previously owned by Pat Robertson gets so much praise for its positive gay portrayals. Clearly not his idea of family programming.

4. jo says:

Not watching another show on ABC Family until they explain the garbage finale of Secret Life… just not happening

5. bravefaceon says:

FAILURE!!! bring back The Lying Game NOW!!!!

6. It blows me away that Maddie Hasson could be so amazing week in and week out on “The Finder” and then find herself mired in this muck.

• Zak says:

Wow I watched the entire episode thinking she was from Nine Life of Chloe King.

• Eliza says:

I enjoyed her on The Finder. But I’m ashamed to admit I turned this show on by chance (knew nothing about it) and thought I was watching Skyler Samuels. Then it dawned on me it was Madelaine Hasson. Never realized how similar they look to me.

7. DavidSask says:

No it was more of the same of what they already have, variety people, start using this concept, and this in favor of wrapping up the Lying Game, BOO!

8. Emily says:

His aunt probably molested him or something.

• Alichat says:

That was my thought…..although, why get the necklace then? Or perhaps that is a twin of his aunt’s.

9. Jared says:

Twisted was actually pretty good. Much more entertaining than The Fosters and Avan Jogia is great in this role. Can’t wait to see where Twisted goes but still bitter about The Lying Game. Loved that show so much and I doubt ABCFamily will be renewing it for another season.

10. Lena says:

I wasn’t expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised!

11. Ash says:

I like this show its a good show to follow pretty little liars…I find avan just a tad bit creepy but also he is pretty cute lol

12. Lynne says:

I’ll give it a couple more episodes at least. It kept my attention, which is not easy for some shows to do.

13. Elyse says:

watched Twisted back in April and hated it :( I usually like all ABC Family shows but I’m not a fan of Twisted.

14. K. says:

I kinda of liked it, for once I’d like to see the popular girl Lacey be the killer…..

15. dude says:

I really didn’t want to like it but I really did :(

16. Susie says:

First episode was good, not fantastic but I’ll give it a few more episodes before I decide yay or nay. What’s annoying for me is when ppl judge a show negatively when a station cancels a fav of theirs without giving it a chance.

17. M says:

Beck needs to shave.

18. Captain Archibald says:

My daughter Jo is obviously the real sociopath

19. arely says:

The pilot was okay, we will see how it progresses.

20. meatwad says:

saying it was in the vein of Dexter was bit too much but i must say im curious and want to see more. But if i had to chose between this and The Lying Game then i chose TLG

21. Sarah says:

I’m sorry but after a young girl a few miles from me was murdered after trusting someone she knew she shouldn’t, I can’t believe that this was put on the air with the promotion that it was. Do NOT teach a young girl to trust a convicted murderer. Great way to end up duct taped in the back of a truck,

22. Radha says:

It was decent for a pilot. And my guess is there was something up with his aunt that caused him to kill her. Remember he said “I had to do it.” And then there was the photo he was looking at of him at four years of age sitting on his aunt’s lap. Notice how neither of them looked very happy in that photo? Danny looked distressed and the aunt had this chilling expression on her face. I think a lot more went on in that house that day than we’re hearing about. And that is what the mystery is about. WHY did he kill his aunt or did someone else do it that day and he became traumatized? But if he DID kill her, what was the reason? Did he have a justifiable reason or IS he truly a sociopath?

23. renee says:

I read some of these comments quite…..Ignorant in my opinion…I mean maybe that just me be because I love ABC Family because I love all there show and even with ABC I love the shows like Revenge & Scandle but that just my opinion and its amazing how some people just have no imagination