Twisted: Did the Killer Thriller Hook You?

Get More: Polls, Premieres

Twisted Premiere RecapABC Family on Tuesday unveiled Twisted, the latest (and darkest) addition to its ever-expanding slate of original series — but was the killer teen drama’s debut enough to keep you coming back for more?

First, a brief refresher: Twisted revolves around a high schooler named Danny (played by Avan Jogia), who returns home after being sent away five years prior for murdering his aunt. Danny’s estranged childhood friends, quirky Jo and mean girl Lacey (Madelaine Hasson and Kylie Bunbury, respectively), are brought back together in light of his controversial homecoming. And despite their best efforts, the girls quickly find themselves palling around with the killer once more.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars Boss Previews ‘Juicy’ Season 4, a Major Mon’A’ Twist and More!

Following a fun night out at a local party, however, Danny finds himself a suspect yet again, when a young girl — Lacey’s best friend, in fact — is found murdered. Danny, his mother (Denise Richards) and, rather surprisingly, Jo, are determined to clear his name, but his unwillingness to reveal the true reason he killed his aunt could spell his demise.

What say you, TVLine nation? Grade Twisted in the poll below and then hit the comments to back up your choice!

Comments (38)

• I watched the premiere back when they showed it in April. I liked it, but I’ll have to see how it’ll play out before I put my vote in for renewals.

Comment by Babybop – June 11, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TV line called this show “dexter in highschool” and its nothing like that. They’re going to do the lame “did he or didnt he thing”. I’m tired of stories like that on ABC family. Make him a killer and move on

Comment by dean – June 11, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. I thought the premise was interesting, but they totally lost me with the mystery angle. So totally played out. It would have been so much more interesting to do a show about an actual sociopath. Of course, We Need To Talk About Kevin was probably never gonna be an ABC Family series.

Comment by M – June 11, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it was obvious that he did kill her? I think the big mystery why he killed her.

Comment by Jooshua – June 12, 2013 01:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How could an 11yr old be strong enough to strangle an adult?

Comment by Sara – June 12, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t it time for ABC Family to change it’s name

Comment by Keith – June 11, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They can’t- they’re contractually obligated to have the word “Family” in the channel (this was a requirement when Pat Robertson sold the network to Fox in the ’90s- who then sold it to Disney a few years later- Disney wanted to call the network The XYZ; a play on ABC, but they couldn’t because of the stipulation)

Comment by David – June 11, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Then they shouldn’t be encouraging young girls to be friends with convicted killers.

Comment by Sarah – June 12, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m amused that a channel previously owned by Pat Robertson gets so much praise for its positive gay portrayals. Clearly not his idea of family programming.

Comment by Matt – June 13, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not watching another show on ABC Family until they explain the garbage finale of Secret Life… just not happening

Comment by jo – June 11, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You know that wasn’t ABC Family’s fault right? They don’t write it.

Comment by dude – June 12, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …Implying the entire show wasn’t garbage? I feel like anyone complaining about a “bad finale” for Secret Life is just trolling the internet, lol.

Comment by kavyn – June 12, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • hahaha agreed! That show turned to crap after the first season

Comment by Katy – June 20, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FAILURE!!! bring back The Lying Game NOW!!!!

Comment by bravefaceon – June 11, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It blows me away that Maddie Hasson could be so amazing week in and week out on “The Finder” and then find herself mired in this muck.

Comment by Adam L. (@UpstateAdamL) – June 11, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow I watched the entire episode thinking she was from Nine Life of Chloe King.

Comment by Zak – June 11, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I enjoyed her on The Finder. But I’m ashamed to admit I turned this show on by chance (knew nothing about it) and thought I was watching Skyler Samuels. Then it dawned on me it was Madelaine Hasson. Never realized how similar they look to me.

Comment by Eliza – June 11, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No it was more of the same of what they already have, variety people, start using this concept, and this in favor of wrapping up the Lying Game, BOO!

Comment by DavidSask – June 11, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • His aunt probably molested him or something.

Comment by Emily – June 11, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my thought…..although, why get the necklace then? Or perhaps that is a twin of his aunt’s.

Comment by Alichat – June 11, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Twisted was actually pretty good. Much more entertaining than The Fosters and Avan Jogia is great in this role. Can’t wait to see where Twisted goes but still bitter about The Lying Game. Loved that show so much and I doubt ABCFamily will be renewing it for another season.

Comment by Jared – June 11, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Comment by Lena – June 11, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show its a good show to follow pretty little liars…I find avan just a tad bit creepy but also he is pretty cute lol

Comment by Ash – June 11, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give it a couple more episodes at least. It kept my attention, which is not easy for some shows to do.

Comment by Lynne – June 11, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • watched Twisted back in April and hated it :( I usually like all ABC Family shows but I’m not a fan of Twisted.

Comment by Elyse – June 12, 2013 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kinda of liked it, for once I’d like to see the popular girl Lacey be the killer…..

Comment by K. – June 12, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really didn’t want to like it but I really did :(

Comment by dude – June 12, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First episode was good, not fantastic but I’ll give it a few more episodes before I decide yay or nay. What’s annoying for me is when ppl judge a show negatively when a station cancels a fav of theirs without giving it a chance.

Comment by Susie – June 12, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beck needs to shave.

Comment by M – June 12, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My daughter Jo is obviously the real sociopath

Comment by Captain Archibald – June 12, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The pilot was okay, we will see how it progresses.

Comment by arely – June 12, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • saying it was in the vein of Dexter was bit too much but i must say im curious and want to see more. But if i had to chose between this and The Lying Game then i chose TLG

Comment by meatwad – June 12, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but after a young girl a few miles from me was murdered after trusting someone she knew she shouldn’t, I can’t believe that this was put on the air with the promotion that it was. Do NOT teach a young girl to trust a convicted murderer. Great way to end up duct taped in the back of a truck,

Comment by Sarah – June 12, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was decent for a pilot. And my guess is there was something up with his aunt that caused him to kill her. Remember he said “I had to do it.” And then there was the photo he was looking at of him at four years of age sitting on his aunt’s lap. Notice how neither of them looked very happy in that photo? Danny looked distressed and the aunt had this chilling expression on her face. I think a lot more went on in that house that day than we’re hearing about. And that is what the mystery is about. WHY did he kill his aunt or did someone else do it that day and he became traumatized? But if he DID kill her, what was the reason? Did he have a justifiable reason or IS he truly a sociopath?

Comment by Radha – June 18, 2013 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read some of these comments quite…..Ignorant in my opinion…I mean maybe that just me be because I love ABC Family because I love all there show and even with ABC I love the shows like Revenge & Scandle but that just my opinion and its amazing how some people just have no imagination

Comment by renee – August 6, 2013 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post