The Voice Top 5 Results Recap: Did the Right Three Acts Make the Season 4 Finale? [Updated]

The Voice Top 5 Results RecapUsher and Shakira arrived at The Voice‘s Top 5 results night wearing black. Was it foreshadowing that their Season 4 journies were about to take a turn for the funereal?

After all, the neophyte coaches’ last respective contestants — Michelle Chamuel and Sasha Allen — were the only two acts who didn’t crack the iTunes Top 10 singles based on their Monday-night performances and thus didn’t see their iTunes votes multiplied by 10.

RELATED | The Voice‘s Judith Hill on Reworking Bieber & Xtina and Coping With Front-Runner Pressure

Oh sure, you can’t determine who’s going home without factoring in phone and online votes, but iTunes has been a pretty solid tool that’s made Season 4 results shows as predictable as a Kardashian’s response to the flash of a photographer’s bulb.

But, of course, no results show can extend a full hour based solely on an announcement that can be spat out in 10 seconds. And so we were treated to a rare cavalcade of performances from Voice finalists of the past — Tony Lucca, Nicholas David and Terry McDermott (but sadly, not Amanda Brown) — as well as Fall Out Boy and a chopped-up Top 5 group rendition of a Poison power ballad. Let’s pause for a moment to cook up some mini reviews:

RELATED | The Voice Top 5 Performance Night Recap: Semi Homemade

Fall Out Boy (featuring Michelle Chamuel), “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” | A reasonably solid performance from the emo rock band, though I wish they’d given Michelle a solo verse — or even a freakin’ solo line — so we could’ve actually heard her dulcet tones. (Girlfriend’s efforts on the “I’m on fire!” refrain did provide a vocal upgrade, though. Like Usher so hyperbolically put it, “she is medicine for our country, for our world.”)

Nicholas David, “Say Goodbye” | Once I got past the “I would breathe for you” line — yikes! I wouldn’t want someone stealing that function from me! — I definitely began to dig the Season 3 finalist’s subtle folk groove. Yeah, the lack of beard grooming still gives me the willies, but that’s just my own personal neuroses coming into play, so pay them no mind!

Tony Lucca, “Never Gonna Let You Go” | The Season 2 runner-up certainly sang with enthusiasm, but his acoustic rock jam felt like it washed up on the shore behind the Mumford and Sons wave. I just can’t see “Never Gonna Let You Go” catapulting him to the heights of his former Mousketeer cohorts. Here’s hoping he’s got catchier material on that forthcoming EP of his.

Top 5 Finalists, “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” | Argh…the arrangement cut the verses into tiny individual ribbons for each member of the Top 5, and that’s just not how a song’s supposed to be sung. That said, anyone else end the performance wishing Sasha Allen had chosen this Poison jam instead of “I Will Alwaya Love You” on Monday?

Terry McDermott’s “Pictures” | Hopefully, Season 3′s Scottish rocker made a vow not to cut his sideburns until his wife delivers their new baby in a few weeks. (I kid, I kid!) Dude is definitely keepin’ the classic rock sound alive though, and his voice remains as big and bell-clear as ever.

RELATED | The Voice‘s Josiah Hawley on His Rocky Amy Winehouse Cover and Misheard Coldplay Lyrics

OK, so performances duly noted, the only thing that truly mattered was determining who’ll be competing in next week’s finale. Let’s get to it, shall we?

Sent to Safety (in Chronological Order)
Michelle Chamuel
Danielle Bradbery
The Swon Brothers

Eliminated
Sasha Allen
Amber Carrington

Yep, the Season of Blake Shelton and His Country Agenda continues. Dude has largely found a formula that works for his contestants and determinedly stuck to it — even as some observers (or at least me) have complained that it’s robbed the season of genuinely surprising, thrilling moments.

Michelle, meanwhile, the quirky, bespectacled alt-electro badass who’s tackled everything from Cyndi Lauper to Robyn to Bruno Mars to Taylor Swift, remains the last hurdle preventing a 1-2 finish for the goofy but extremely shrewd Oklahoman who sits the right side of the screen each week pointing to himself and playing the “I’m just the drunk who tries to stay out of their way” card. Could a country vote split give Michelle an edge heading into next Monday? And should I wait to hear the actual performances before I say “I sure hope so”?

And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Season 4 Top 5 results night? Did the right contestants get the boot? Which musical performance did you like best? Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality-related news, recaps, interviews and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Danny says:

Wow, I didn’t see that one coming. I’m happy for em. That’s not being said in a way that I wanted Sasha or Amber to leave. I liked them too. No matter who was chosen I would have been happy w/ it. The voting is pretty much fair and I liked all the acts. I figured Michelle and Danielle would be the first 2 saved. That part I think everyone figured. I thought Amber was going to be the next one.
    This has been a really fun season. Good luck to all the contestants.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I agree. Good contestants all around. I was pretty sure the Bros would take the 3rd spot. They were that consistent – I can’t say that for Amber or Sasha (though both are extremely talented women). I wish Sasha and Amber the best of luck. I think Blake’s team is gonna split the vote – leaving a bit of room for Michelle to slip by Danielle for the win. But Michelle needs to be flawless to beat Danielle. This is Danielle’s to lose. That’s my prediction – which means nothing, but it’s fun :). It’s go time for Michelle. Can she do it? I hope so. Though I gotta admit I really like all of the finalists at this point.

• Hubris says:

Let’s look at Season One’s Top 8 singers: Javier Colon, Dia Frampton, Vicci Martinez, Beverly McClellan, Xenia, Nakia, Frenchie Davis, and Casey Weston, that season’s only country singer. And she wasn’t even on Team Blake…his top 2 were both pop singers. Blake had country singers on his team, but cut them earlier.

Let’s look at Season Two’s Top 8 singers: Jermaine Paul, Juliet Simms, Tony Lucca, Chris Mann, Lindsay Pavao, Jamar Rogers, Katrina Parker, and Erin Willett. None of them were country. The winner (Jermaine) came from Team Blake, but he was an R&B singer. Blake had several country singers, but cut them earlier.

Let’s look at Season Three’s Top 8 singers: Cassadee Pope, Terry McDermott, Nicholas David, Trevin Hunte, Amanda Brown, Melanie Martinez, Dez Duron, and Sylvia Yacoub. None of these were country singers. The winner, Cassadee Pope, came from Team Blake, but she sang primarily pop/rock songs on the show and performed country songs on 3 occasions. After winning, she decided to make a country album.

As you can see Blake does not have a “country agenda”….it just worked out that way this season. I guarantee you that fate will reveal a different hand next season and it will in no way resemble Hee Haw.

Can you put the conspiracy theories to rest now?

• Teeny Bikini says:

@hubris. Clearly, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I said nothing of a conspiracy or a “country agenda.” Is there something about “I gotta admit I really like all of the finalists at this point.” That means I like *all* of the finalists – that includes the 2 country finalists. That is what “all” means. I think you are taking your username a bit too literally, or maybe not.

• Niko says:

Sylvia didn’t make it to the top 8. Bam Bam did.

• #TEAMBLAKE says:

@Teeny Bikini; STOP the squats and screaming from the non Blake contestant. Vote for #TEAMBLAKE for the 3 peat! Thanks for your support to #TEAMBLAKE this season. :)

• BS says:

TEAMBLAKE is legit! Don’t take no sh*t!
        Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit
        Team Adam all gone, Team Shakira all gone, Team Ursher going down
        Kissing and the crickets is the only sound
        Well the boys ’round here don’t listen to any Michelle Chamuel
        Even though she may sound swell, it doesn’t ring my bell
        Backwoods legit, don’t take no sh*t
        Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit
        Aw heck
        Red red red red red red REDNECK :) ;)

• Jimmy says:

I agree. I just had to say. It was really nice seeing Terry and Nick. Mayn. I liked both their songs.

• Jenny says:

Amber should have stayed! She’s way better than the Swon Brothers and Sasha.

• Tyler says:

I agree. IMO Amber can sing circles around the Bros. and with more heart than Sasha.

• MrGreene says:

Definitely, hate to see Amber go.. Shes the best IMHO. But Adam’s pathetic songs choice for her is the one to blame

• allie says:

agree but Firework KILLED her. That was one of the worst performances I have seen this season. On the flip side, Sad was one of the best performances, imo, of the season but it couldn’t make people forget the mess that came before it. Still, I am not a Swon fan at all so I would have prefeered to see her in the finale.

• Marie says:

Have all of you noticed that Blake’s team members sing easy, safe songs? Heck, my singing ability is limited; but I could do a good job with the songs they sing.

• senor skippy says:

I agree. Although I like the Swon Bros, they weren’t really challenged until Seger’s song. I also think Danielle has more potential under her right pinky than Michelle has in total (sorry, I exaggerate) but for a 16 year old she is precise, gets on top of every note and doesn’t sound like she is screaming when she hits her high notes. However, not a challenging set of numbers any night. If challenge and talent are equal in a total, imo, Amber and Sasha win out. I would have liked Amber or Sasha in there instead of Michelle.

• Have you ever noticed that Adam Levine sings safe easy to sing songs? Yes. You know why? because they fit his voice and his (limited) range. Terry didn’t sing easy songs–at all–he has a crazy range and made crap like Aerosmith and Boston sound easy. It is no fun to listen to Amber drop out half the song because the lower register is out of her range. Or Michelle screw up Keane because she can’t fluidly switch into her falsetto. So why make them do it? Is there a prize for I sang something badly because it didn’t fit my voice? Right, there is, it’s called a free airplane ticket home.

2. Katie says:

All I can say is Go Team Blake!

• #TEAMBLAKE says:

YEAH! Yee Haw!! Gosh Dang for the 3 peat!

• Jenny says:

I like some country and I like Blake but I’m tired of Team Blake shoving in our faces. This isn’t Nashville Star. GO MICHELLE!!!

• Mary says:

I like country music and most of Blake’s songs, but I can’t get behind his team. The Swon brothers are not very good, the older one especially. Then there’s Danielle who is obviously talented but sings with no emotion.

• Tyler says:

Truer words were never spoken.

• Jessica says:

Mary, you have taken the words right out of my mouth! I don’t understand the love for the Swon Brothers. They’re barely a duo. Zack sang most of “Danny’s Song”, while Colton sang with him on a few verses. And you are right on with Danielle! She lacks any emotion when she sings. I have to admit, she was at her best when she was sang “Who I Am”, but that’s the only time I’ve seen anything from her. I wanted Amber to win, but I am now on Team Michelle! Her and Usher’s relationship is so cute! Okay off my soap box!

• Jewels says:

No but you have to really be able to sing duh something Waldo aka Michelle doesn’t do very well!

• Kaba says:

The amount of screening just to audition for the voice is recognition that you sing rather well :/

• She does it quite well, actually. It’s a shame that you’re not capable of appreciating that kind of talent.

• Katie says:

Agreed, Jewels. This is The VOICE. Strictly in terms of voice quality, Michelle is the weakest. You may not like the way Danielle and the Swon Brothers perform on stage, but they have a pure, clear, effortless tone to their voices that Michelle does not have. Michelle sounds like she is trying too hard.

• jessiesk says:

the only reason the swon brothers are doing so well is due to the sympathy vote from the tornados. They will do well at country fairs across the south but they aren’t interesting, they are cute.

• Owen says:

Well, if you go by that the two best “Voices” were eliminated last night.

• Katie says:

I don’t disagree, Owen. Amber was actually my favorite, despite Firework being, admittedly, pretty terrible this week. After amazing performances like Skyfall and Crazy, It’s unfortunate that one bad song sends her home when Michelle yells and strains for notes every week (and still misses them) and yet makes it through.

• kaba says:

What notes did she yell and not hit?

• Katie says:

If I cared enough to go back and listen to all of her performances I would tell you, but I would rather not listen to them again. Ouch.

• TheKid says:

Michelle seems like she’s constipated and forced when she pretends to sing. She looks pained, yells, please stop with the go-to squats already! Please stop! Just theatrics and nothing more! Maybe SNL can do a parody of Michelle?

• JerseyGirl says:

That Michelle girl is off key about 70% of the time – she could never sell records. She will need to be auto tuned. Michelle is the kind of contestant who is compelling only in the reality singing competition.

3. GTS says:

I’m not surprised about Sasha, but based on the iTunes purchases, I’d think Michele would get sent home.

• Lauri says:

I did too. Amber had a song in the top 10 and Michelle didn’t so I honestly thought she had a chance.
      I’m so angry right now. For the second season in a row I’ve seen great acts get sent home while Blake’s mediocre acts progress. It is BS. I won’t even bother watching the finale.

• Edward says:

Blake’s acts this year are FAR from “mediocre”. And nobody cares whether or not you’re going to watch the finale, sorry.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I thought the Swon Brothers earned their spot in the finale ( I can’t believe I said that), but Danielle baffles me. I don’t see her appeal at all. Are you seeing something I am not?

• Mike says:

Funny I would have said the exact opposite. I love Danielle’s voice and the boys only occasionally interest me(I think they peaked at “Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes”). It’s sad that they stay and someone as versatile as Amber must go home. I would have enjoyed one last chance to hear her sing.

• Edward says:

I’m not sure, Dan. I have had a really hard time liking Danielle, mainly because of her obnoxious fans. But she has been pretty consistent the entire season, and I can’t say that about either Amber or Sasha.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

She has been consistent, but I don’t think she should be the automatic winner.

• Edward says:

@Dan. Neither do I. But her fans crowned her queen the first week of the live performances. I think she’s good, just not great like they want everyone to believe. I do have to admit that I enjoyed her singing last night more than any other night so far. Honestly, though, I don’t care who wins. I will enjoy the finale and be happy for whomever walks away with the crown…

• Danny says:

@Dan- I think Michelle’s the favorite at the moment. I’m not so sure Danielle is the automatic winnner. I guess we’ll see how it plays out.
            @Edward- I’m in agreement. They’re all pretty good. I’m hoping they all have good performances and may the best one win. Whoever it turns out to be, I’ll be happy for em.

• Jamey says:

i think Blake was brilliant and calculated. He knew Danielle was a shoe in… He had to Swon Brothers do songs that weren’t country and they did them better than the country ones prior, IMO. Usher didn’t do well on Michelle’s first song… glad she made it through, as I think she has great talent. Shakira/Sasha did not play into the right songs for America’s vote nor did Adam. I think part of the responsibility for Sasha and Amber not being in the finals lay with their coaches. But, someone had to go home and I look forward to all their talented futures. I would have actually chosen, based on just last night’s performance – Michelle, Swon Brothers and Sasha.

• analythinker says:

Don’t get creeped out, but I’m still with you, Dan. Wondering what people see in Danielle. Should Blake’s team win again, I hope it’s The Swon Brothers, but unfortunately I agree that it’s Danielle’s to win. It would make a great story of never-performing-before singer winning talent show this big.

• the girl says:

Dan, I agree with you based on last night’s performances alone. The Swon Bros have been mediocre up to this point, and I thought they should have been eliminated weeks ago. But hey, they were great last night. That said, despite how bad her rendition of Firework was, I did not want to see Amber go. Prior to this week she would have been my prediction for the winner. I also do not see the appeal of Danielle, especially as a country singer, which is a genre that requires a lot of emotion, complete with visible and vocal connection to lyrics and mood, and she lacks those things. She is an amazing karaoke singer, but does she make me feel or believe what she sings? Not at all.

• abner perez says:

From a pure marketing point of view, Danielle is the all american girl. Oh and by the way she could sign also. 16 years goes a long way with the viewing audience. Who would not vote for their daughter. Without a major mistake in sogn choice, you are looking at the next winner

• Shellie says:

I can understand why Danielle went through, not only is she cute as a button but she can sing very well. For me personally, she is very boring and one note, her vocal maturity only goes so far so I’m missing some of the passion in her songs. I think in a few years she’ll be killer, right now, she’s just really good. I personally grew to really love Amber. I think her voice was better than Danielle’s (as evidenced by their duet). She deserved to go to the final round and it’s sad that one bad song affected her so much. I can give or take the Swon brothers. They’re entertaining and can sing pretty well but I’m not sure if they’re final 3 material for me. I’m sad there is a 2 Blake act finale. Not because they’re bad singers but it makes for a VERY dull finale. The excitement is gone. The lineup will be Country ballad – Michelle ballad – Country rock – Country ballad – Michelle rock – Country rock.

• senor skippy says:

Yes. Danielle sings effortlessly, hits the note instead of sliding to it. She has a ton of potential at this point in her career. Especially since singing for the blinds was her first appearance in front of an audience. You probably don’t remember, but she reminds me of Brenda Lee talent wise, only with a purer voice. Brenda Lee was a couple years younger than Danielle when she hit the big time, but they are similar talent wise.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Ah, but what does matter is that many people agree with Lauri. This is the most confusing finale matchup in reality singing show competition history. Terrible. I thought last season’s exclusion of Amanda Brown in the finals would be the biggest coup ever, but no, I was wrong. This season’s bland country acts making it to the finale take the cake. I can’t believe how many amazing talents got toppled by the Swon Brothers and Danielle. I’m not anti-country. I adored Kree Harrison on Idol, but Kree could sing like crazy. I see nothing that these country acts have to offer vocally or otherwise.

• Sheilalala says:

@Lauri, I care that you won’t be watching the finale-because I won’t be either. I’m so bored I could die (Lexi Featherstone). I’m not surprised ratings are down the drain. @edward-yes, Danielle has been consistent, and to everyone defending her being ‘perfect on pitch’ Yes, she WAS. But she’s consistent because Blake never gave her an even remotely vocally challenging song. Not a cotton-picking one. She’s consistently sings boring, bland songs without out a hint of creativity or RISK. Blakes’s shrewdness (or America’s stupidity) has only proven to water down the most potentially thrilling season of talent on the Voice to its lukewarm, sleepy finale, and in truth this endangers future seasons. Blake wins because he’s a marketing wizard and knows how to use his fan base-NOT because he has the best talent. He uses the same formula and plays to his base. Adam is never going to stop taking risks and being creative just to win a stupid show, and I doubt the other judges would either, so they need to dump Blake.

• ETG says:

So…. some “amazing talents” got toppled by Danielle and the Swon Brothers??? Well, apparently those “amazing talents” were not amazing to the majority of the viewers.

• Tyler says:

Well, I bet NBC cares that Lauri won’t be watching the finale as their ratings have been going down. Gee–I wonder why?!!

• Aly says:

I agree, so sick of Blake’s (unjustified) dominance.

• Keith says:

Unjustified? Yeah right

• Nic says:

Clearly Blake is doing something right!
          I love the Swon Brothers and Danielle!

• VMism says:

Redneck alert.

• Aly says:

The only thing Blake is good at is getting his own fans to vote for his team. It’s not about how good (or not) the artists are, it’s just about them being on his team … and to me that’s not what it should be about. But then again, that’s just my opinion.

• Lyndsi says:

@aly trust me Blake’s fans will not vote for someone just because of their coach. Especially country fans. If his team wasn’t strong we would not vote them. Even if we love Blake.

• #TEAMBLAKE says:

Let’s all sing RED RED RED RED RED RED REDNECK… #TEAMBLAKE for the WIN!

• GMom100 says:

Me too!! And I don’t even like country!! I haven’t even heard of most of the songs either of those two sang! But I just love their VOICES! Danielle is very poised, but she doesn’t seem to connect with the songs. BUT her voice is awesome. I think it will come with maturity. I think the Swon Bros are fun with really good voices. It all comes back to the voice. I really wish Amber had made it instead of Midhelle!! I think the awful extensions didn’t help!!

• BS says:

TEAMBLAKE is legit! Don’t take no sh*t!
          Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit
          Team Adam all gone, Team Shakira all gone, Team Ursher going down
          Kissing and the crickets is the only sound
          Well the boys ’round here don’t listen to any Michelle Chamuel
          Even though she may sound swell, it doesn’t ring my bell
          Backwoods legit, don’t take no sh*t
          Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit
          Aw heck
          Red red red red red red redneck ;)

• Princess Adora says:

So sad about Amber, but happy for Michelle! This is my first season watching, so I don’t really care who wins as long as Michelle, Amber, Judith and Caroline (my favs, obvs!) all have careers after the show ends.

• Teeny Bikini says:

LOL. Sorry your fave left. I adore Amber too. But yes, Blake is a powerhouse with the voting public. Maybe his final two will split the vote this year? Michelle is a pretty strong contender…

• LLou2 says:

Michelle must have gotten the MOST votes tonight since she went through without her votes being multiplied by 10. She should win as she will probably get a lot of Amber’s votes and Danielle and Swons votes should be split.

• GTS says:

Actually, Michelle is my favorite, I just didn’t think based on the iTunes Charts she’d make it. I love Amber and Michelle, and would probably buy both of their songs.

I agree about Blake’s voting. The Swon Brothers have had some… lackluster performances, and I don’t think an good performance should have propelled them into the final. Danielle makes me feel no emotion. She was singing “Please Remember Me” and actually smiling during it. I don’t listen to songs just to hear perfect pitch.

• Teeny Bikini says:

“She was singing “Please Remember Me” and actually smiling during it. ” LOL. That was probably not the best song choice for her. She just didn’t get it. That kind of delivery comes with life experience and a few broken hearts. It will come. She can only go up from here ;)

• analythinker says:

The thing is, while I hope the vote-splitting comes true, they HAVE been splitting them and look at the results. The other non-country voters were just outnumbered. If Amber’s votes split up for all three acts and Sasha’s go to Michelle, I’m still not sure about the tallies…

• Teeny Bikini says:

I think it will be closer than anything. Unlike that beginning of the show – where Danielle was the clear lead – it seems like anyone could win at this point. We shall see…

• Kaba says:

The fact of the matter was, “Firework” was simply tooo abysmal to provide any support to “Sad”.
        It was “sad” vs. “time after time” and “Clarity”.
        And Michelle’s fans proved that they can outvote a x10 multiplier if they’re given a chance

• GTS says:

Yes, they can. I also think it depends on the song she sings, and that song’s audience. In season 2, Christina had Chris Mann singing classic music. I’m saying it- a bunch of old ladies voted for him, they didn’t buy his song on iTunes. I’m scared a bunch of country fans are going to get drunk and voted s much as they can for his singers. But, they also seem to enjoy getting drunk and buying songs on iTunes.

• Jay says:

Blake is offering up cute singers who are capable, but rather generic, and country fans are buying it. Why? Unfortunately, many people prefer to stick with what is middle-of-the-road (I’m trying to avoid the ‘mediocre’ slur, here) and within their comfort zone. They are afraid of taking risks and embracing something different. Why else do so many people eat at chain restaurants and buy James Patterson’s books?

Thank goodness for Michelle’s fans. She’s the only breath of fresh air and originality left in this season.

• Lilly says:

Well, thank GOODNESS fer super-smart people like you to point out to all of us backwurd hicks that we’s so dum. I meen, golly, I had no idear that my music stinked and ther was other stuf in the werld.
          Or, hey, maybe my life has enough diversity in it and I’m smart enough to know what sort of music or mystery novel I like without you telling me I’m ignorant for not listening to what YOU say is relevant or interesting!

4. Karen says:

I really do not get the Swan Brothers. How are they getting mroe votes than Amber?! Dear goodness, I hope Miss Michelle Chamuel wins this thing – at least then the show will still have some dignity left

• Ted says:

Maybe because people are actually voting for them, plus buying their tracks on ITunes. Sasha and Amber’s fans could’ve done the same, but didn’t.

• Keith says:

She doesn’t have anymore dignity than the other two

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

What do you mean? Karen said the show wouldn’t have dignity, not that the Swon Brothers don’t.

• ETG says:

Please define dignity in the context of “The Voice”.

• Teeny Bikini says:

a) They are fun and likable. That goes a long way on these shows. b) They are on Blake’s team – his voters are devoted. c) They are consistent. Amber was not. Sorry for Amber though, she was my second favorite. Sigh.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Well, even Haley Reinhart, who I worship (an exaggeration), had Call Me and You Oughta Know, but that doesn’t mean she didn’t deserve to win (my opinion). In Amber’s case, she had Breakaway and Fireworks, but I still think she deserved a second-place finish (behind Michelle, obviously).

• A says:

Agreed. Even though Fireworks meh, her performance of “Sad” completely made it up for me and I still think she deserved to move on. It was an amazing performance.

• HTGR says:

Amber had a couple misses, one big and Swon did not, but she also had some that were more spectacular than anything they did. And same goes for Judith and Sasha who could really be spectacular. All three also took more risks. But on these shows that gets punished, now on The Voice too it seems. Swon really didn’t stretch much at all.

• Jenny says:

I agree!!! Amber is an amazing vocalist.

• MamaLis says:

As a Michelle fan (Yea!), who also loved Amber, I wasn’t onboard with the Swon’s at ALL until last night. But as I told the Swon “worriers” in here last night, “They are NOT going anywhere! Don’t worry!” I knew they were making it through.

Sort of just “top-lining” the show and watching it with my DVR last night, they really stood out. Between the Award they won and their PACKED performance at home and the Vince Gill thing. Then the Danny’s Song performance? It literally looked like The Swon Bros were flown in to do a performance on The Voice. It was THAT “A-Game” – compared to the rest of the pack.
      Again, that was sort of an “Ariel View” of the night. But when I saw it, I knew.

Danielle. Obv.

Unfortunately, Sasha wasn’t even close and then it came down to Michelle and Amber. As great as Amber was, she was 1 for 1 last night and I just didn’t think she had the Cult following Michelle did.

I knew that’s what the results would be.

• JSR says:

It’s simple- Amber DOES have a beautiful voice and I’ve enjoyed her but she really isn’t consistent. Skyfall was amazing! I think we’ve all commented enough on Fireworks so we can put that one to rest for Amber’s sake. However, she frequently sings flat, does not have an even break and pushes too hard which hurts her. It’s one thing to be try to be versatile and it’s another to find your comfort zone and stick to it. When she does that, she will be a force to be reckoned with. No doubt she has a great career ahead of her. The Swon Bros. ARE consistently good. They are on pitch consistently and harmonize with each other so easily it’s incredible. That’s a gift. They also connect with everyone and enjoy what they do. From experience, and this has been said by the judges too, it’s one thing to get up and sing on stage to show your talent. To play an instrument especially a piano AND sing? That is artistry, no doubt. Swon Bros. play their instruments every week and this week Zack played the piano….there ya go!

5. Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I am so happy about Michelle(!!) but am really SAD (you bet that this is a reference to last night’s show-stopper) about Amber going home, though not surprised.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Agreed. Yeah, Michelle! Personally, I think the best thing that could have happened is for her to compete against to strong Blake contenders. I hope they split the vote just wide enough for Michelle to sneak through with the win. :)

6. Danny says:

I didn’t catch him saying “I hope so” in reference to Michelle beating Team Blake the first time I read it. I have no pre conceived act that I want to win. They’re all pretty close IMO. So whoever I like the best next week is the one I’d like to win.
    Whoever wins this one is who the most people are rooting for. I can handle that. That’s the way it should be. This show isn’t rigged. The voting is based on votes + sales. The 10X might need to be changed a bit, but it’s nothing like AI where 100 million votes for 10 million people.
    Overall, I think the Voice has a winning formula.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Ah, the voice of reason. I am a Michelle fan, but I agree – if Danielle or the Swans win. They win. That’s how the game is played. All 3 earned their spot – and all 3 are deserving of the win. Let the games begin…

• The Beach says:

Yep, they definitely need to tweak the itunes votes. It’s certainly unfair for someone who comes in at #10 to receive 10x the votes and another contestant who charts at #11 to receive only one. There needs to be a fairer way to distribute the votes based on chart position from 1 to 100.

7. Dan (Haleyloony) says:

How ironic that Team Adam, who many thought had the best team and would win, lost all of his contestants before the finale?

• Cassie says:

That was my reaction as well when the results tonight were read. I think he had the strongest team by far going into the top 12, but apparently the voting public either really loves their country or their coach(I’m thinking it’s more the latter). I think Sasha and Amber kind of did themselves in last night, Sasha by song choice and Amber by a weak performance which according to her was a result of getting sick this week. I think last night was the Swon Brothers best night so far, but I think they were the weakest if you looked at the whole season of their performances. I’m still wishing we could swap them out for Midas Whale but the boys seem nice enough so I have no interest in insulting them. I’ll be putting all my votes behind Michele Chamuel, unless she chokes, but I think she’s been very consistent, and I enjoy that she changes it up week to week.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Hm… I think Adam’s team looked good on paper, but fell into the odd category of never-really-lived-up-to-their-audition. Amber was just not consistent. And the guitar girl (um… starts with “d) didn’t have a chance against her own team – let alone the other singers. Adam’s Team just couldn’t compete at the level they needed to to stay. I will be putting my votes behind Michelle – even if she chokes. I am not pretending to be objective at this point :)

• Cassie says:

Your honesty is refreshing, especially since you do not come off as snarky. I wouldn’t say I’m objective but if she does horrible, I just won’t vote at all(although with FB voting be so easy, I’d say it’s a safe bet she’s got 10 votes coming her way). I want to say the guitar girls name was Danielle and as much as I liked her style I knew she didn’t have a chance, but she didn’t make it to the top 12. She was cut in favor of Sarah, who IMO should have made it to the end if Adam hadn’t screwed her in his song selection. I was kind of glad to see Judith go because she seemed more focused on image than on her actual voice, but I’d still say she was a stronger competitor than The Swon Brothers. I’d say the death of Team Adam was poor song selection. I think the best thing about Usher as a coach is that he listened to Michele on what songs she wanted to perform, and informed her decisions. Can’t wait to see what she picks for next week. Hopefully the Swon Brothers will do some more southern rock since we all know Danielle will be doing the same thing she’s done every week up to this point.

• Teeny Bikini says:

@Cassie. Totally logical rationale for Team Adam’s demise, especially the Judith thing. Oh well… It would be nice if everyone performed to their potential next week – and then, voters just pick who they like. At this point, they all have a shot – for different reasons. I actually like how close the competition is… Makes it a bit more fun. Cheers.

• Tammy says:

I actually think Judith’s problem was song choice. She kept singing songs in a very non commercial way. Sure she sounded great, we all thought she was talented but no one wanted to buy her songs. She should have been a little more focused with her song choice and singing style. I blame Adam for that.

• AlyB says:

The person that got cut from Adam’s team in favor of Sarah was Caroline Glaser. I loved her but don’t think she would have won if she’d stayed. Still, I would have liked a few more weeks of her iTunes.

I wasn’t that big of a Sarah fan but was sorry to see Judith and Amber cut. At one point I really would have loved a Michelle, Judith, Amber finale. I guess that makes next week easy. Go Michelle!

• Cassie says:

@AlyB, thanks you, I could not remember her name to save my life. She is definitely the kind of artist I would download the songs of, but doesn’t have the mass appeal to win a singing competition.

• Andrea says:

Amber was consistent, until this week.

• Mary says:

I generally like Sasha’s performance but wasn’t impressed with “I will always love you”. I think that song is so iconic that not just anyone can sing it. While Sasha’s version wasn’t bad it just wasn’t on the same level of greatness that Whitney performed as.

• Jewels says:

CHOKES are you kidding? She doesn’t need to choke she can’t sing!!!!! Consistent yes same stupid voice week in week out. Never should be here for sure. This is not a PITY contest. All who vote for her are doing just that and disgracing what the Voice is all about!

• kaba says:

Could you change your screen name to “ignorant”… Cause you are

• JerseyGirl says:

Michelle is the kind of contestant who is compelling only in the reality singing competition. She will be irrelevant in the marketplace. If she does end up winning, she will be the biggest flop in Voice history.

• Kaba says:

Considering Jermaine Paul? Okay lol

• JerseyGirl says:

Anyone voting for Michelle needs an ear exam that girl is off key about 70% of the time. The only thing she can be successful at is a squat thrust exercise program for people screaming and yelling. Why is she even here?

• JerseyGirl says:

Ok, you have a point, Michelle will be the 2nd biggest bust next to that loser JP.

• Kaba says:

Don’t agree with you at all, but idrc.
            Michelles genre is a good one with radio relevance. Whether she can produce a hit is up to her fans and how she carries on in the future.

• Katie says:

Amen again Jewels! I remember being surprised that the judges actually turned for her in her first audition – it was so pitchy and screechy. I don’t get it.

• kaba says:

You my friend, have lost all right to speak about music if you believe her audition was pitchy and screamy. Leave tvline

• Maggie says:

I’m a country fan, and even I wasn’t expecting 2 of Blake’s acts to make the finals at the beginning of the live shows, especially at the expense of singers like Amber, Judith, and Sarah. Kudos to him, though, for not straying from his goal even though people continue to complain about the country onslaught.

• Danny says:

@Dan- It’s amazing at how perceptions change eh? It seems to be rare that a frontrunner on one of these shows takes it to the end.

8. Davey says:

I hope Adam continues to support Amber because she’s the best singer he has coached on The Voice. If he had let her sing country last night she’d still be on the show.

Blake should not be allowed to use the word superstar any longer.

I’ve been voting for Amber for weeks so now my votes go to Michelle by default.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Best singer he has ever coached? I am not sure. Amanda Brown beats her by just a little, in my opinion.

9. Sadie says:

Really surpised about adam’s team since going into it I thought he had the strongest even though I only voted for amber. Sad to see her go as she is miles better than any of blakes country acts. love michelle so im hoping she can pull out this win but the country vote is gonna be tough but maby like micheal said they will cancel each other out whuch would be great.

10. Christine says:

I’m not all that interested in any of the contestants left, so I don’t really see myself tuning in for the rest of the season

• Edward says:

So??

• Keith says:

You mean the two shows left – wow you are missing a lot-lol

• Danny says:

Why do people make the proverbial announcement that they’re never watching a show again? Do they expect us to beg em to come back?

• Christie says:

@Dan, I find your comment annoying. I’m certainly not looking for you, or any other strangers on a message board to ‘beg’ me to come back. What an asinine comment. This is a public message board about the results show, and the show in general. I made a general statement about not being all that happy with the way the show has gone this season. I won’t watch the last two episodes because at this point I couldn’t care less about who wins. Do I really think that you or other people care about this opinion of mine? No, but that doesn’t stop most people from posting pointless comments.

• matt says:

I appreciated your comment, I unsarcastically think it is interesting that you do not want to watch the show anymore. If Michelle had been eliminated tonight, I was considering doing the same thing, but i do like Amber though, so I probably would have ended up watching anyway even though I liked Michelle a bit better.

• CC says:

good for you Christine! Danny’s comment is uncalled for and I find it amazing how rude people can be on these blogs. It makes me wonder if they had that much nerve to be so snarki to someone directly face to face. Incidentally, I could care less about the finale as well and I have a feeling there are a lot of non-country fans who feel the same.

• Pam says:

They didn’t say they were never watching again, only that they were done for the season. I don’t see why people police the comment sections for harmless little statements when I’ve seen much ruder things said than that. They’re not watching and you don’t care…well thanks for the update!

11. Dee says:

Don’t really care who wins now. Adam did have the strongest team, especially with Amber and Sarah. I’ll actually buy their music unlike remaining contestants.

• Keith says:

Evidently most people didn’t think he had the strongest team

• Will says:

By that logic most people didn’t think, for example, Burnell was better than Lazaro on Idol. What people think according to the votes doesn’t really effect the truth of the strength of certain singers.

• jean says:

Now see that’s kind of the point. You didn’t buy their music. What’s great about this show is that it forces fans to put their money where their mouth is. If you like the song buy it. Whatever anyone says about which contestants sing better than which if they don’t sing songs we like we don’t buy their music. A great vocalist does not a great song make. Take Mariah for instance. If the music is garbage why should I waste my money. Remember also that the majority voted. Don’t be upset if you’re not part of that majorit

12. Lorena says:

Damn, i thought The Swon Brothers will be out tonight, but that means Michelle or Danielle will be the next Voice, aparently, Adam screwed up with his I hate this country..

• ETG says:

No, Adam screwed up by pushing Amber to be a crossover artist, when country was her wheelhouse all along.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Even though I do think that she should have sung more country, I appreciate and am glad that they did something different.

• Lauren says:

Agreed. I think Amber could have won if only Blake had had room left on his team during her BA.

• SnoreBro says:

Adam messed up by not letting her sing any country tunes. That’s her wheel house. Should of been a country tune instead of ‘Firework’. Also, with the songs from all musical style. What core audience are they shooting for? Same goes for Sasha.

• Pall says:

Sorry, but Amber CHOSE to sing Firework. Sure he should’ve steered her away, but in the end, Amber could’ve chose something different but she didn’t. So it’s not really Adam’s fault.

• HTGR says:

He made the show a heck of a lot more interesting so I am thankful to him, although you are probably right that all the same he did her in. If you stick safe and country country country you never split your block any week. The only thing though would country crowd vote more for Amber doing country on Team Adam than Danielle or even Swon doing country on Team Blake, not so sure, so in the end maybe she would not have made it anyway and now at least she got fans from a more diverse fanbase and the show was kept more interesting and maybe execs will see more sorts of possibilites for her (maybe not on the latter, since they can be conservative, but then again….).

13. Lauren says:

I think it all came down to the fact that the Swons brought their A+ game to both songs. Even though ‘Sad’ was awesome, Firework was an absolute disaster for Amber. Sasha never should have attempted Whitney (even though she did a fine cover) and ‘Bad Girls’ was a total mess. Danielle and Michelle I think were guaranteed a spot in the Final 3 based on their histories.

Will people finally recognize that Blake is just a damn good coach (i.e. there isn’t any other country/whatever conspiracy going on)? I don’t like country beyond the occasional crossover song from Carrie or Taylor, but I love what he’s done with his contestants this season. He knows the genre inside and out and he knows what songs will work well with the singers AND sell to the public. Amber and Sasha have been all over the place with song selection and as such haven’t been able to establish any kind of consistent voting bloc.

I think the F3 show will be entertaining and I’m looking forward to it.

• ETG says:

I had my doubts about Blake a few weeks ago, when he looked haggard on a few shows, and acted strangely. He sure seems back on his game now, and I think he’s done a great job coaching his acts, especially the Swon Brothers. They were just OK when the live shows started, but now they have gotten really strong under his tutelage.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

They are definitely the most improved. And even though I didn’t like his all country, all the time policy, I have to admire him as a coach. I just want them to take a few more risks by turning a non-country song into one.

• Zod says:

The first three seasons Blake was accused of dumping his country singers at the drop of the hat and the internet whiners were saying country singers shouldn’t pick him if they want to go very far on the show. Now this season Blake goes all in on country and brings out the hate from all the anonymous cry babies who are showing their true selves with how much they love their stereotypes and blanket statements in labeling other people.

For all we know, next season Blake won’t pick a single country singer.

• Angie_Overrated says:

The problem is that Blake’s A-game involves taking country acts and giving them songs that people at rodeos all know the words to, which is very not fun for those of us not in that demographic. Blake has not brought a single shred of originality to the show this season. But apparently dull and unexpected is what wins the votes and originality doesn’t score too many points with the voting and itunes buying populations. Sad but true.

• MC says:

Playing the rodeo card…how nice and classy.

• Sheilalala says:

+1000 @angie-Blake could win with a sock puppet and a tape recorder playing 1950s Grand Ole Opry shows. Blake Shelton is the pied piper of singing competitions-leading his lemming fans into the drink, oblivious to talent.

• Always nice to read comments from people with an open mind and without prejudice.

• Lyndsi says:

Blake has brought originality to the season by being honest and truthful with his team and his idea of bringing country music to a bigger audience. Everyone has their own opinions which is why a show like the voice is interesting to watch. Obviously people like Danielle and the Swon Brothers because trust me if they didn’t people would not spend money to buy their songs on iTunes. It’s not all “rodeo” people voting. Blake has chosen songs that are great country songs that are held to a very high standard in country music. Maybe people should do a little research about a style of music before lumping it all into one category or another.

• JSR says:

Angie- You are clueless! Blake purposely brought back songs for the nostalgia effect. Doesn’t all of America need a break from ALL the hits its taken from every disaster we have endured?? That’s the point and I’m sorry to say but you missed it big time. His song choices have NOT just been about the Oklahoma disaster. Take a look at Sandy, the Boston marathon Bombing, The Texas Tornado shall I go on? Blake is trying to make all of us Americans remember who we are as Americans. I feel sorry for you, I really do.

• SnoreBro says:

The Swons brought their A game plus two songs that were originally non country. The Swons returned to the heartland rock that made such an impression at their first audition (when they covered Tom Petty). Both tunes tapped into their whole musicianship thing. They’re the only ones who consistently play instruments, and it expanded their audience while still pleasing their core country base. This is what they should be doing: countrified covers of Boston, Journey, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, etc. for the finals for a shot at the win!

• Davey says:

Um A+ Swon Brothers was not as good as one fine performance by Amber last night.

• amin says:

I been reading you guys comments ,and no disrespect I can see you do not know anything about music, and I can see why Industry that I’m a part off can sell you guys right down the water.point blank (You do not know music !!! ) and Europe and other parts of the world are ahead of you, and when I’m great musicians make it big over there and stay:the three that should be in the running still is Michelle, Danielle , and Sasha , when a artist sings in different genres showing they can sing anything diversifying is the best way to make it in the music industry ,NOTE YOU CANT ALWAYS SING WHAT YOU WANT.

• kaba says:

Could you make sense before you go and flex your “I know music the best” ego?

• Beezers says:

We know what we like, and that’s all that matters. That’s what we vote for, not to please some snooty know it all self-proclaimed music insider.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I too am a music insider, and I really want to tear this post to shreds, but I cannot. To tear it apart would require me to understand it, which I still can’t do after 5 readings.

• JSR says:

Amin-There just aren’t enough words to comment. Are you really a musician? Because if you are try not to admit it,it makes it too hard on the rest of us who truly are. If you can leave your ego somewhere else and read what you wrote to the point where it makes some sense, I for one, would like to know what it is you are trying to say….

• HTGR says:

I would’ve been down with Michelle, Danielle and Sasha (or Michelle, Amber, Sasha). Or mix Judith in.

14. ETG says:

Sure are a LOT of “sour grapes” on here tonight.

• Lilly says:

I agree, ETG. I’ve read all the comments on here (via email) from the last few results shows. I’ve politely commented a few times. But I’ve about had my fill of the geniuses on here who think the only talent left on this show is Michelle (or left with Amber or with Judy before her). This season had a lot of great talent. But people go home every week! The fact is many people – including myself – actually LIKE Danielle and the Swon Brothers. I have been crossing my fingers for teh Swon Brothers from the beginning.

I’m sick of hearing that somehow a 16-year-old who hadn’t ever really performed before a large audience before this show is somehow a no-talent who keeps staying because us lemmings like her coach! (That chick has “it”. She is going to be the biggest commercial success coming out of The Voice to date. Sit back and watch.) Or that just because one Swon brother doesn’t take the lead, they aren’t really a duo or worthy of this competition. (Hello – ever heard of the wildly successful Brooks and Dunn? No probably not; they’re country music singers, so they aren’t worthy of your attention.)

And by the way, those of you who blame Danielle “because of her fans” – it’s because the comments here for weeks have not just been how other singers were better. We’ve continually been insulted and told how stupid we are not only for voting for these country singers but for even LIKING their “blah” music over so much better talent, yada, yada, yada.

Okay, I’ve vented. Live and let live. You think what you want, and I’ll think what I want. But let’s be clear: I AM a thinking individual with a brain and TASTE. And I hope Team Country takes #1 and #2 next week!!!

• Teeny Bikini says:

Go, Lilly. The discussions boards don’t strive for objectivity. It can be tiresome. The fact is the remaining 3 are there because the voting public liked them. They got the most votes. It’s that simple. Danielle is a money train. I am not a diehard fan, but I see the girl has talent and then some – it can’t be denied that she has likability and talent and people buy her stuff. Anyway, I appreciate a good rant. Well done.

• Lilly says:

^^Appreciated. I honestly can take serious, intelligent debate. And there’s a lot of that here, too. People have different opinions, different taste. And this season has had some really great talent (I for one thought Adam’s team was unstoppable). But I’d just had enough of being talked down to (or about).

• Teeny Bikini says:

Indeed. The implosion of Adam’s team is something quite remarkable really. I wonder if he will change his strategy going forward, ie, did *he* learn anything?

• Davey says:

Oh please. I am just as offended reading how great Danielle is and how the Swon Brothers are so wonderful. I don’t see their fans saying anything nice about the other singers.

• Lilly says:

Which was exactly MY point, Davey. I can handle people disagreeing with me. I respect those who like Michelle even though I absolutely do NOT. I can read their praise of their favorites and understand that we just disagree. What ticks me off is the better-than-thou attitude of those who speak about how The Voice has no more credibility because of the no-talent Blake country team that keeps winning because a bunch of morons who don’t understand “real” or “unique” music are voting for him and his team. It couldn’t POSSIBLY be because country music lovers like good music that happens to be different than what they prefer.

• Beezers says:

I agree that people tend to be a little too defensive about their choices. I like all of them and will be happy if any of them win. I know the show is called The Voice, but nowhere did I pledge to vote only based on their voices. I voted for the Swons because they always entertained me, and I didn’t vote for Danielle because she didn’t entertain me. That doesn’t mean that I don’t think she has an amazing voice and know that she’s going to be a huge country star in the future. Amber was my favorite (although Fireworks was terrible!) but I’m not mad that she’s gone.

• Lyndsi says:

I agree with you 100% Lilly. There are people who actually think Danielle and The Swon Brothers have talent. I did not vote for them because of their coach, I did not buy their songs on iTunes because of their coach. I bought their music and voted for them because I like their voices. That is my opinion. It does not make us dumb, or part of a country conspiracy, or a redneck. I see both of these artists being successful in the country genre. I think both of them will have a career outside of the show in their format. I don’t see that happening for some of the other contestants. I can’t wait to see what they do next week. GO TEAM BLAKE GO TEAM COUNTRY

• SAcountry says:

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!

• JSR says:

THANK YOU ETG AND LILLY!! Finally someone has stood up and said what has needed to be said! I truly find it hard to read and listen to comments, especially the technical ones about music made by those who “think” they know a lot about music but week after week continue to demonstrate how little they really do know. Thanks to you Lilly, it is now safe to say I don’t have a preference for any particular type of music. If it’s good and done well, I will appreciate it for what it is. I too, have a brain with lots of creative thoughts inside that brain and I agree, this season had a lot of great talent on it. Those who truly understand the subtle nuances that music what it is would not say that Danielle or the Swan Bros. are blah – they aren’t. they are both extremely good with incredible gifts rarely found. I’d prefer not to break down such talent into the commercialism and marketing schemes of today because that’s what cheapens the wholesomeness in something we love. If we continue to just think of things and people as just dollars and money we lose all the innocence and value for it…. (at least I think we do and I know I had it as a kid!)

Well put!!

15. SnoreBro says:

Another predictable elimination. They should announced Danielle, Swons, and Michelle. Was the order of the saved the the amounts of votes received?

• Mike says:

I was thinking the same thing. Michelle should have definitely been last. At least then it would have been suspenseful. The minute they said Michelle first, I knew the rest.

16. HBH says:

I can’t believe Amber went home. I was rooting for her and Danielle and it just surprises me that the Swon Brothers are still on the show. They’re good, but its just mind boggling how they beat out amber. I’m now rooting for Danielle all the way. Can’t believe Blake has a 66% chance of winning once again.

17. chris says:

Happy for the top 3, especially Danielle and Michelle. They have clearly earned their spots. At this point in the competition talented artists are going to be eliminated.

18. Annie D says:

they got it backwards, sasha and amber should have stayed and the other 3 gone home

• ETG says:

Apparently not, since not as many people voted for them. You only have the fans to blame, not the show.

• Stephen says:

Danielle and the Swon brothers deliver a message which is clearly understood by the audience in pleasant voices. A touch of tradition and sentimentality appeals to a broader fan base. Right decision.

• Angie_Overrated says:

Danielle doesn’t deliver a message. She sings very well and very rarely off pitch and it’s a beautiful sound that she creates, but a message? You’re going to have to try again there, Stephen. The only message I get from Danielle is that she can sing Nine Inch Nail’s “I want to #$% you like an animal” and everyone would still want to pinch her cheek cuz she’s just so gosh darned cute!

19. ABC says:

Blake’s reign of boredom continues. Such a tragedy that people are buying that Blandbery crap. Hoping Michelle wins.

20. Marcinho11 says:

If only they had a double elim last week, the Swon Bros would’ve gone home. Conspiracy.

21. Rachel says:

Wow, Michelle being saved really shocked me. Last season, Trevin had a song in the Top 10 (Top 6 week), but his other one didn’t do so well. Just like how Amber fared. But he was actually safe, rather than Melanie or Amanda (still sad over them going home). This season is different I guess.
    I like the Top 3, but I wish they would’ve made it a Top 4. At this point, I really liked everyone in the top 5. Come on, don’t be a hater!

• Lee says:

Yuk for Michele!!!! Sorry people -she has a decent voice, but is totally devoid of stage presence and personality. She does the same thing on stage week after week and is not believable, let alone interesting.

• KC says:

Devoid of stage presence? Are we watching the same show? She easily has had the most stage presence since the beginning of the show, in my opinion….

• mrrrr says:

I think the exact opposite, her best qualities are her emotional raw stage presence and quirky personality. She has her faults but I disagree completely on your critiques.

• matt says:

Well at least she’s doing stuff onstage, singing into mirrors, karate kicking, punching the air,squatting for blake, etc,unlike Danielle, who just stands there lol

• MC says:

But how many current country artists are karate kicking and punching the air? That’s really not necessary in country music. I really wish it wasn’t necessary at all because I think Michelle is becoming a parody of herself with these repetitive and comical gestures and squats. I’m very happy that, win or lose, Danielle doesn’t need to do those things.

• kaba says:

It’s how she performs jesus christ. How does one become a parody of themselves doing the things they naturally feel inclined to do?

• MC says:

@kaba – It feels very calculated and self-conscious to me. Singers do make conscious staging choices in order to separate themselves from the pack of other acts out there (especially in pop/rock, hip hop and r&b). It also feels like I’ve seen it before. Why do I have that feeling? I have seen it before, and on this show, The Voice. Check out Jordis Unga singing Maybe I’m Amazed on The Voice from two seasons ago. I liked Jordis at that time because her staging seemed fresh and spontaneous to me. Jordis wore her emotions on her sleeve and often cried her heart out on the show. She did the squatting thing a few times and I really liked her. I won’t be buying Michelle’s music because I’m just not invested in her. I hope you continue to enjoy it, though.

22. Dan says:

Blah. Blah. Blah. So predictable and boring. Blake’s “All Country Jamboree” is headed for the finale. I do NOT get the appeal to Danielle. She has a spectacularly proficient voice, but, she’s totally lacking charisma. She’s like a wind-up robot sent out on stage. She hit’s every single note..but..she always seems like she’s on auto-pilot. Boring. I can’t even begin to tell any of her performances apart. Oh well. I really liked Sasha and that train is over. Guess I’ll root for Michelle! Go Michelle!

• ETG says:

I remember Carrie being virtually the same way during Idol, only difference being that she was a few years older than Danielle.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

And Carrie had a whole lot more vocal power.

• ETG says:

I honestly don’t remember her vocals, just the wooden way in which she delivered them.

• MamaLis says:

Ya.. except no. The thing is with this Carrie comparison, is that you can’t really compare it fairly. It’s not “Apples to Apples” – it’s “Apples to Oranges.” Carrie appeared at a time when Reality TV wasn’t Reality TV. There WERE no singing competitions besides Idol, really. Carrie had virtually no basis of comparison upon which to model how to “be” or “act” or “appear” when performing on a Live competition! It was naivety!

Now – even in those few/several short years – Reality TV has exploded! Danielle would have to live in a vacuum to not be exposed to other singers and other performers that have come before her. Which means she’s taken ALL that information and chosen – or not been able – to do anything with it. If you’re saying she’s Carrie “now” – then essentially that puts her 20 steps behind Carrie, “then.”

Which is fine… not saying she can’t or won’t be able to.
            It’s just not an accurate comparison.

• Dan says:

That’s actually a great point! Carrie was like that on Idol..but..I don’t see Danielle Bradbery EVER being as big a star as Carrie Underwood. Never. No matter what Blake says. “The Voice” hasn’t produced one “star” yet and I don’t see Danielle breaking that tradition.

• Teeny Bikini says:

This is totally spot on. Carrie grew into the performer she is today. Just like Danielle will.

• matt says:

No, right from the start, Carrie consistently had perfect pitch, and could tell a story with the emotional shadings of her voice, qualities Danielle lacks. Danielle is at Carrie’s level as far as tone though, maybe slightly better than Carrie, but I doubt it.

• debi says:

I think Danielle comes across as genuine, but what I really love about her is her effortless vocals that are great to listen to. She’s my favorite contestant ever on The Voice.

• ETG says:

My favorite contestants have been the ones who not only could sing, but had *personality*. I am getting more used to Danielle and don’t dislike her anymore, but she’s too much of a self-absorbed teenager to exhibit any charisma.

• the girl says:

I wouldn’t have used those words, but I agree with your sentiment. I do not get the sense that Danielle has a personality. She has a lovely voice, and may very well be a great commercial success, but will I ever cry to one of her songs, will I ever feel my heart bursting when her song comes on the radio? Absolutely not, and I felt that way about other contestants this season which is why I am so disappointed that she is still in the running and they are not. When I hear her sing, it is pretty, but I don’t FEEL anything, I just hear it. Like I said before, you would think emotion is a requirement of country music given the reputation of the genre centering around heartache and heartbreak. Danielle does not strike me as being able to contribute to that longstanding tradition. She is capable, but she isn’t good.

• Gramps says:

Well she did capture this gramps when she sang “Grandpa”. I learned how to purchase on iTunes and now have four of her songs.

• You answer your own question. Spectacular voice, hit’s every single note. To someone like me that’s the most important things. I don’t care about squatting or putting on a show. I can’t see that on my radio.

• Dan says:

Yeah, but, she hits every note with ZERO emotion. She always has the same expression on her face and never seems moved or touched by anything she’s singing. I’ll cut her some slack since she’s only 16, but, I just don’t get the adoration for her (from the audience and/or the judges).

• I don’t agree with you about the lack of emotions. I think she has the emotions that is needed and appropiate for the songs, that she sings.

I am definitely not a country fan, but Danielle actually makes me listen to country songs and that is something I would not normally do.
          In the end, it is a matter of taste and what you expect from a singer. To me it is important, they can hit the notes when they sing live, but that is not enough. They also have to have a good tone to their voice. It has to be pleasant to listen to.
          Danielle has those things.

• MamaLis says:

Oh. You’re preachin to the choir, here. Nice house, no one home, kinda-thing.
          And BTW – for the RECORDS.. after all this Carrie Underwood talk, I just went and watched Carre’s AI Performance Loop on Utube. Ummmm…… Sorry to burst the big bubble here. But there’s NO WAY Danielle “is” like Carrie U “was.” Not even close, People!!
          Was she a little geeky-gawky? Yes. But even then – even Reality-TV-Naive-”Then,” she TOTALLY was emotionally present and a little sexy and song-appropriate and a full range of things that Danielle is not! I mean honestly – People are dreaming if they compare the two.

• MC says:

Okay, Carrie was terrific on AI. I voted for her a thousand times or more. Guess who had her thirtieth birthday recently? Hmmm, any math majors here? Lol, just kidding. Carrie was 21 years old when she auditioned for AI in the summer of 2004. That’s an important fact. Carrie was shy, but still fully an adult when she was on AI. She was nearly five years older than Danielle is now. Anybody think those five years are not important? Pick up a psychology textbook and it can be argued those are the most important five years in the maturation of a young person. The comparisons to Carrie therefore are not appropriate and are just plain incorrect because of the age difference.

• matt says:

You need to fix your ears, Danielle misses A LOT of notes. Carrie never missed that many.

• Marcinho11 says:

THIS X100000000000000000

• Jimmy says:

Just admit it. You love Michelle because she is different and quirky. Her voice is not that great.

23. Linderella says:

This is Michelle’s to lose. Sorry Amber and Sasha didn’t make the final three.

• ETG says:

And if she doesn’t step up her game, she WILL lose.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Michelle needs to be spectacular next week. She was okay this week. Just okay. But that won’t cut it next week. You better believe The Swons and Danielle will play to win.

• Beezers says:

Usher needs to let her sing a powerhouse rock song. That’s what she’s best at. She’s sung too many falsetto delicate songs for my taste. It kind of takes away her specialness.

• chrysta says:

Exactly! She seems to be holding back a little on these softer songs and I know she could really shake the rafters if given a proper song!
          And why does every one complain that Danielle smiles when she performs! I wouldn’t pay to see a gloomy, grumpy looking singer looking at the ground or frowning at everyone!

24. Ohmy says:

Wow, that Fall Out Boy song is bad.

25. Canadian Fan says:

Blake proved himself to be the best coach by far three seasons in a roll. Look at the results and hear what the contestants say, especially see how they do and progress all season long with every week’s performance. It is pretty self-evident.
    I agree with Lauri and ETG on that. Surely lots of sour grapes out there, understandably so. I think and hope Danielle wins the finale, for she does have the best VOICE. A bit tired of all that screaming and squatting and fancy moves by some other contestant – no offence intended.

• Lily says:

Well I’m sick of the dull, vacant eyes of another contestant. No offence intended.

• Ohmy says:

No, you meant it only in the nicest way.

• Canadian Fan says:

I thought those bright eyes are full of shear wonder and youthful awe. Some eyes are permanently hidden behind black thick glasses so you can’t actually see them through… Meant in the nicest way, for sure.

• Canadian Fan says:

Lily, unless I am mistaken, you wrote long praise for that big-eyed teen sensation. Maybe not. Never mind. I prefer those clear eyes than thick glasses personally. More importantly, I prefer that effortless crispy voice.

• Jayce says:

Danielle has a lovely instrument….saying she has the best “voice” is incredibly subjective…she certainly does not have the best technique, palette, tools, dynamics, range, flexibility or interpretation…(from a vocal artist’s point of view)If this was just about “Voice ” or vocal technique the Swons would be history..it’s the whole package..and with due deference to her God given talent..Danielle is far from there..Doesn’t mean she won’t win…or even doesn’t deserve to..ultimately Music is to a great degree a popularity contest..and she fits the voting demographic Blake is aiming at to a tee. All credit to him…Let’s just not confuse that with an comparative evaluation of her overall abilities…several far more advanced, and accomplished vocalist will have fallen before her when and if she wins on the power of her youth, appeal, and a brilliantly coached repertoire of midrange medium tempo .low risk selections tailored to both the beauty of her voice and her limitations(if often not her age or understanding)..God Bless
      I definitely celebrate the quality of all the the top 10 finalists…makes Idol’s 10 with a couple of notable exceptions look like a highschool talentshow..at a really good highschool.

26. Amber says:

Gooooooooo Swon Brothers! Love em. I want them to win. If not them, then Michelle. Danielle annoys me and I do believe the constant praising each week is going to her head.

I liked Sasha but she just wasn’t great last night IMO. Amber’s rendition of Sad was good but Fireworks was awful. So I’m completely fine with them going home. Although I would have been thrilled to swap Danielle’s place in the finale with one of those two

27. Jake says:

I feel like America just sent home the best two pure vocalists remaining in the competition, just as they’ve been doing since Top 8 week. Danielle and the Swon Bros sound about the same every week (the Swon Bros stepped it up this week, to be fair, but I would have sent them out weeks ago over talent like Judith or Sarah) and fail to take real risks. Michelle takes risks, but vocally she is far weaker than anyone in probably the Top 8. With Amber gone, I personally have no major stock in any of the remaining acts, but if I had to root for a winner, I’d go for Michelle. Of course, we could play the underdog and go for the Swons. Of the Final Three, I feel like Danielle has the best shot of hitting it big in the biz regardless of whether or not she wins – her voice is that solid despite her lack of experience.

28. Jason says:

Replace Danielle with Amber and it would have been perfect. She should have sang another Adele song instead of Firework (or at least a different Katy perry song).

• Jeremy B says:

Replace the Swon Bros. with Amber and it would have been perfect. Considering Judith is long gone, Amber, Danielle & Michelle would have made the best final 3. Swon Bros. are enjoyable (and they upped their performances this week), but I don’t get the duo inclusions in this show, “The Voice” — not “The Voices.” I think it gives an unfair advantage with harmonies (when pulled off well). I know the rules allow for duos, but I think they should change that. Also, the iTunes multiplier is lame and just plugs sales into the voting scheme too much. Even if Amber had gotten enough boost from what — #9? — to make the Final, I think they should pull the plug on that aspect of the show. Not everyone wants to buy iTunes.

29. chris forget says:

final 2 shouldve been danielle and amber

30. darcy the slutty twin says:

I just don’t get the constant A’s that Michael keeps giving Michelle. Is it because of her too-earnest overdramatic face pulls? Her awkward calisthenics/squats? Her geeky/”I’m different” outfits? Because it can’t be her VOICE, since Michael has to justify in every recap how she wasn’t flawless vocally but she bites into it like a cheetah or some such nonsense. Personally, I hope she doesn’t win. Her voice has an unpleasant sound when she tries to reach the hard notes and her arthritic calisthenics is hard to watch. But wait, I hope she does win! Considering her opponents are a boring duo perfect for drunken karaoke and a vacant-eyed creepy girl who belongs to the cast of “The Village of the Damned.”

31. That_Gurl22 says:

All I gotta say is Go team Usher & Michelle!!!
    Blake is nothing but an alcoholic & he sucks!!!

• Lilly says:

Ooooo, and your momma wears army boots!

• Canadian Fan says:

32. #TEAMBLAKE says:

Swons – “They are like two little caterpillars and then you think they are gonna turn into butterflies …dragons! Scorching the town.”
    —–
    Danielle – “She’s like a little caterpillar and then you think she’s gonna turn into a butterfly…dragon! Scorching the town.”
    —–
    Michelle – “She’s like a little geeky chic lady who wears glasses and then you think she’s gonna belt out a high note…SQUATS! SCREAMS and takes a dump.”

————
    #TEAMBLAKE for the WIN! 3 PEAT!!! :) :) :)

33. That_Gurl22 says:

We already have 1 Taylor Swift…don’t need another one.

34. mrrr_770 says:

Don’t get me wrong, I thought Amber was amazing but when it’s so late in the competition you can’t afford to have any bad performances. Firework was a huge mistake.

35. texas girl says:

so sad amber and sasha got voted out!!best voices
    michelle should of gone!.any1 but michelle for the final
    time to make danielle the season 4 champion.you get all my votes and itunes downloads next week! amber fans like myself will keep it country and in TEXAS!!

36. Joe says:

At the the start of this contest, I felt that Adam had the team to beat. It was loaded with talent. Losing his last contestant before the finale has to make you question his coaching ability and working to his contestant’s strengths(Katy Perry doesn’t showcase Amber’s strengths). On the contrary, I think Blake took a decent group of talent and has made them better each week. However, this is not a battle of the coaches…On to the remaining contestants…

Michelle: I have been a fan of Michelle since the “I Kissed a Girl” audition(and no I’m not promoting Katy Perry, :P), She has been consistent week in and week out. Not only is she a great vocalist but gives off such energy with her stage presence. I also give a lot of credit to Usher. He knows her strengths and utilizes them by giving the correct song choices. The chemistry between them is genuine.

Swon Brothers: I am not familiar with the country genre and had these guys out in the early rounds but since their third week into the competition, they just seem to get better and better, to the point where I would actually attend their concert. I think that speaks volumes of not only their talent but of Blake’s coaching ability.

Danielle: She gives a strong performance with such a pure and effortless delivery, which is very impressive for being only 16, but I feel that’s all she has.

I would be content with Michelle or the Swon Brothers winning. They don’t just captivate you with their sound, but draw your attention to them any time they are on stage. In my opinion, that is an entertainer, that’s what sells, and that’s who I think should win. Danielle will be great but her time has not yet come.

• Dez says:

Maybe Blake made the Swon Bros better each week, agreed, but definitely not Danielle. She hasn’t changed since her very first performance. All mid-range, mid-tempo songs acoompanied by a goofy grin.

• A says:

The contestants got to choose a song and had one picked by their coach. Amber was the one who chose “Firework” which Adam stated was difficult to sing but the contestants get their choice and she messed up on it. He chose a great song for her, “Sad” which she did an amazing rendition of and for me personally it made up for Firework. I still think he’s an amazing if not the best coach. Although I do like Usher’s style in the coaching sessions as well. Shakira and Blake’s coaching styles are meh.

37. That_Gurl22 says:

It really don’t matter if swon brothers or danelle wins…they will end up same place as Cassadee pope & Jermaine…NOWHERE!!! So go ahead…let them have that 1 night…cuz we won’t see them again. :)
    3 Peat but No Career

• Jimmy says:

I hope all do well and have some sort of career. Dia has done the best. Maybe not a top seller in America but she has many fans in Thailand. Check out some of her songs.

38. Kaba says:

Why do people keep claiming that because Danielle and Swon Bros are in the finale, the country vote will be split.
    The two of them have remained with strong voter presence since God knows how long.
    What Michelle needs to do is perform songs that are so amazeballs that “I Knew You Were Trouble” returns to looking juvenile

39. gabby says:

I don’t want Blake to win though lol. And I loved Amber

40. TeamAdam says:

Amber should NOT have gone home. Am I the only one who doesn’t understand the appeal of Michelle?

I haven’t understood why the winners have won the past few years on ‘The Voice.’ I never liked Jermaine Paul or Cassadee Pope. There were contestants so much more talented than these two and the same thing is happening again this year. It’s so disappointing.

Maybe that’s why ‘The Voice’ has yet to produce a real superstar like ‘American Idol’ did (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood…)

• Kiki says:

Or why Idol hasn’t produced a bonafide star since Clarkson and Underwood.

• Steve F. says:

Um, Chris Daughtry, Adam Lambert, and possibly Jennifer Hudson (only because she hit it big after winning her Oscar, not because of AI)?

• TheKid says:

Daughtry, Lambert are successful, but not on the same level as Carrie or Kelly. Most everyone knows who they are. Only the niche market know who Daughry and Lambert.

41. jean says:

42. That_Gurl22 says:

On a positive note…
    I did like that song Nicholas sang. It was nice to see him back. I wish Amanda brown had came back to sing as well. I can’t wait to see Christina next Tuesday on the finale, I miss her & ceelo.
    They really should have let Vicci M come back and perform her song “Come Along” with ceelo. That’s the most popular song from a “voice contestant” I have heard..on radio and everything.

• HTGR says:

They did have her come back and sing it with CeeLo. It happened last spring’s season though (somewhere near the end of S2 I think).

• HTGR says:

It’s confusing though since I think it only got released in the U.S. as a single recently although it was top 20 charting in Europe last summer and she performed it on The Voice, here, last spring, but then it only got a U.S. release just this spring.

• HTGR says:

And yeah, AWESOME!, song. (wish there was an edit button, combine these three posts into one)

43. Jimmy says:

Blake is turning the voice into a hill billy show… wait didn’t he have two rockers in the finals last season? Oh mayn Terry is still my dude. I’m gonna buy his album as as it is available here. Who can resist that smooth voice of Nicholas? Ahh memories of last season.
    Anyways Swon Brothers have grown and I think rock country is the best for them. Michelle sure has a dedicated fan base. It’s between her and Danielle.The Swon brothers don’t have the same type of support.

44. jean says:

Wow. If you really like an artist you should support their music not bitch and moan about what another fan likes. Don’t understand why so many people here are trying to dictate who i like and who I should vote for. Rest assured my vote is independent. No one paid me to like any particular contestant. And after all that would u believe I have at least 5 of the Swon Brothers songs on heavy rotation in my music player? And one of Danielle’s – “Maybe”. I know what I like. Do any of you. Let’s all just agree to support the people we like and leave others to do the same.
    I liked the entire top 8. And whilst I had appreciation for the vocals on many of the performances there were only a few that led me to YouTube the next day. Even fewer made me want to download them. Props to the artistes who figured out which songs would appeal most to their audience

45. Kaba says:

I would like to take the time to address a pressing issue.
    People, I don’t care about what musical background you claim to have, STOP trying to use that as a way to validate what you’re saying over others.
    It’s become too evident that people with “musical background” (I included) almost never agree on anything though they claim that anyone with a background/knowledge would know such practical things.
    God knows we’re never right on whether or not someone is pitchy

46. A says:

This is just ridiculous. The Swon Bros over Amber?? WTF? I loved Adam’s team this season and even last season his team was great. I’m so sick of his team being voted off because they are usually my faves. He really needs to change his choices/coaching or try to figure out a way to bring the success for his team that Blake’s doing.
    I hope Michelle wins. She’s actually the most entertaining out of the three finalists. So sick and tired of Blake’s team this season. This season started off great for me with the new coaches but Blake and his team/followers have really ruined it for me and I actually like country. I miss last season when Blake actually had a diverse team. His direction this season while ultimately being the most successful of all the coaches has taken all the thrill and suspense and entertainment out of this season. it’s so predictable. Danielle is probably going to win and you know what I would be fine with that if Amber was in the finale as well. The fact that he has 2/3 chance of winning again just annoys me

• Ayelet says:

Definitely agree about Blake. I liked him as a coach up until this season, when I started forwarding through pretty much any of his bits. Although his method has worked out for him this season, I do wonder if it’ll affect him in terms of the Blinds next season. He usually turns for a good amount of non-country singers, and I do wonder if they’ll be more hesitant to choose him after seeing how he threw them away this season. I certainly would think twice, even if he has two (probably three soon) wins under his belt.

• Jewels says:

ENTERTAINING?????? You are as out there as the people who vote for her. This is a SINGING contest not an entertainment contest. Are you kidding???? Blake and Adam had the best team and ya’ll think Waldo aka Michellle can sing????? Tone deaf is all I can say!

• kaba says:

Aside from Erin martin. I’ve yet to hear someone from the voice who cant sing well.

• A says:

Danielle: No growth whatsoever the entire season. She has a great voice, but her performances the entire season were all the same. Every single one. Nothing new. Just smiling dough-eyed so proud of herself with all the attention she’s getting. She has talent for sure but definitely needs a few more years to work on it because right now it seems like all the attention she’s receiving is going to her head which I guess is natural for someone so young. But back to my entertaining point. Her performances for me have been on and off. Sometimes I enjoy it merely because of the song choice but more than half the time I’ve been bored. She definitely needs more time to grow and learn how to connect with a song.

Swon Bros: More like Snore Bros. (as some other commenters have put it). Sure they have grown a lot more since they started on the show, but there song choices have been very boring and awful in some cases (Oaky Muskogee? That song was painful to sit through). They never changed it up. Never sang something really current or wowed with their performance. Even last nights high note at the end of one of the songs, made me roll my eyes because I personally was just bored. And all this was evidence by the other coaches comments if you really listened to them carefully. They always had nice things to say because well most of them are very nice coaches and refuse to give critiques without retracting them. I bet you that some of the other coaches were bored during some of their performances. I’ll say one thing about them though, they seem like very likable guys and I like their personalities and especially when they are on the confessional videos. I still remember the Scream face and the voices.

Michelle: This girl has been growing more and more since her blind audition. I didn’t think she would get this far but she definitely has a great voice and an entertaining presence. True Colors was amazing and I love her squatting and her energy as well as her voice. She doesn’t just stand there like Danielle and sing. She actually connects with the song and makes you feel the words she’s singing. Like someone said earlier, it’s like she’s whispering it in your ears. While she wasn’t my front-runner and ultimate favorite this season she still is a great performer thus far.

As for “This is a SINGING contest not an entertainment contest.” –> yes it is the “Voice” but these people are competing to enter the “ENTERTAINMENT” industry. It is necessary that they have a great voice but they also need to find a way to keep the audience interested and entertained otherwise what would be the point because no one would listen or watch.
        And since you seem so adamant about this show being about the Voice, what do Michelle’s looks have to do with anything?

47. Jan1 says:

Just bought the Nicholas David EP. It is SO good.

48. BlankSlate says:

Danielle is a flatlining, dead-eyed soulless singer. Insert coin, robotic auto tuned-precise song emerges. The only time I sense a personality is when she gets smarmy waiting for the results to be announced. If that’s what you call country, your threshold for profound and emotional voices is pitifully low. But like moths to a flame, you load your ammunition and vote away. If she is The Voice, I’m the Pope.

• Lilly says:

Give me a break! She’s SIXTEEN and hasn’t performed professionally before. (A) Most 16-year-olds don’t have a lot of “depth” yet, and (B) she’s done very well considering her lack of experience. Give her time (and a good manager). She’d the whole package and will be the Carrie Underwood of The Voice. Her biggest problem going forward is to avoid becoming a shallow-stinking-rich-drug-addled 20-year-old!!

• BlankSlate says:

This is not an age thing. This is more than stage presence or someone packaged like a little automaton to perform. Give me a real person up there I can connect with; that’s what makes for a true artist and not a pre-fabricated album voice.

• Lilly says:

And you know what? I don’t think Danielle is a flawless singer, either. I think “Who I Am” is the closest she’s gotten to really BELIEVING the words she was singing, so she was real. But comments like yours and some others here are so bent on insulting that you miss some facts: Danielle is NOT yet the singer she’s going to be. She has a lot to learn, but she’s pretty amazing at her age – probably so scared she might forget the words, she winds up doing a little more staring than more seasoned singers.

I don’t disagree with you about a “real person up there I can connect with.” Why else do you think they spend so much time on these shows giving us the most heart-tugging portions of some singers’ backgrounds? I personally feel for the parents up there because I’m a mother. But is it really Danielle’s fault that she wasn’t left for dead in a drug-addict-mother’s house at the age of 3, bounced around in foster homes for most of her life, and battled her way back to The Voice, her last hope at a future?

You “haters” just need to admit you don’t like Danielle because she’s “too perfect” or because she’ll be in the finale and your singer won’t.

• Blank Slate says:

I’m a mom. That hater term is really non-productive. My children don’t see their options as drugs or foster homes vs using and developing their talents. I don’t see perfection in anyone. I don’t care who wins any of these reality show talent competitions because it is a tv show in the end, minus specific scripts to memorize by the players therein. I watch because it is entertaining — but someone like a Danielle doesn’t make me FEEL anything when she sings. No axe to grind. And I will leave it there because this is not an argument. I didn’t say the girl cannot sing. They can all sing. But sing with passion and depth and raw emotion? You can’t mentor or coach anyone to o that. It’s got to come from within. Either you’re born with it or not. That’s the difference between a voice and an artist.

• Davey says:

I couldn’t stand Who Am I with all those photos of herself. Made me want to gag.

• MC says:

It’s a good thing you don’t have an axe to grind because then you might come across as vindictive and venomous.

• Lee says:

Agreed!!!

• Angie_Overrated says:

One thing that’s driving me bonkers on this board is the constant reference to Danielle’s age. That’s poop. This is a competition, and if someone who happens to be older is better than she, then she deserves to lose. This constant handicapping is driving me cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

• MC says:

You do realize this is a popularity contest? It is a fallacy to believe that AI or The Voice proves that anyone is “better” than anyone else. I firmly believe that Suzanne Choffel, Amanda Brown and a few others from last season were better than Cassadee, but Cassadee won the popularity contest. That’s all it is; don’t kid yourself. Danielle’s young age is a positive imo because she can and will improve, especially in the next few years. Will she win this popularity contest? Maybe not, but I’m fascinated to see and hear what she will do in the future. I really think the other four won’t change much from what you see now. You either like them or you don’t.

• Angie_Overrated says:

This is the most condescending post in the history of posting. Get a grip. And be fascinated how this 16-year old’s career unfolds. I don’t care. But thank you so much for enlightening me in the meantime. I am a wiser warrior now, equipped for just about anything thanks to your pearls of wisdom.

• MC says:

@Angie – Implying that anyone “deserves to lose” for any reason is an immature statement. I hope you can see that, but if you can’t, then have a good day.

• HTGR says:

Yeah Suzanne Choffel and Amanda were AWESOME

49. Ayelet says:

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping for the country split to give Michelle the leg up, but all in all, I’m pretty ecstatic just that she made it through – especially after checking iTunes this morning. Sure, my ideal Top 3 would have included Sasha and Amber (or maybe Judith and Sarah), but I’ve accepted the fate that this season has become Blake’s Country Fest…

• Johnson says:

I’m a music lover but The Voice voting process lost all validity when Judith left. And while there have been some stellar performances – I think I can live without country music for a while. I’m pulling for Michelle to win. She has a beautiful voice and I love her quirky, misfit style. Lol who doesn’t love that?!?

50. smarts says:

I thinn Danille has an outstanding voice. I think she will go very far but she doesnt have something different. Yes,she will get many hits and shes an amzing singer but michelle has a differenr voice. Its new. Its fresh. And she can sing just about anything. I think michelle will win.