Emmys

Emmys 2013: The Drama Series Race in Review, Including Our 6 Dream Nominees

Emmy Best Drama Series NomineesThe shows that have won the best drama Emmy for the past five years, AMC’s Mad Men and Showtime’s Homeland, both have been going through up-and-down seasons recently. That is not expected to affect the awards juggernauts’ nomination chances, but it does open the door to an upset come September from likely contenders Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones or Downton Abbey.

More Emmy Races In Review | Outstanding Comedy Series | Lead Comedy Actor | Lead Comedy Actress | Supporting Comedy Actor | Supporting Comedy Actress | Lead Drama Actor | Lead Drama Actress | Supporting Drama Actor | Supporting Drama Actress | Outstanding Reality-Competition Series

Review the following slideshow of the major contenders — including TVLine’s Dream Nominees — then hit the comments to vote for who you think are the six best. And check back Tuesday as we tackle the Outstanding Drama Actor race!

Tags:

Comments (165)

• Southland. Yes, I dare to dream.

Comment by nannarpite – June 12, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal….hands down

Comment by Felicia – June 12, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons of Anarchy deserves all the recognition it can get. It has great actors, fine writing and the best music I’ve seen in a while.

Comment by paulette stephenson – June 12, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Bates Motel, Orphan Black and Hannibal would be my picks.

Comment by kavyn – June 12, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal!

Comment by Honey Boo – June 13, 2013 03:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood and Shameless!

Comment by Valerie – June 13, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal !

Comment by shouw – June 13, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ONCE UPON A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST DRAMA SERIES ON TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jackie Bennet – June 13, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Homeland
    Suits
    The Americans
    Elementary
    The Good Wife

I also like Person of Interest and Castle, but they get no love from the Emmys for some reason. Mad Men, Dexter, and Game of Thrones are overrated. They are certainly good shows, to be sure. However, BEST shows on TV(???), not so much!!!

Comment by mikerochen – June 14, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REALLY?????!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS ONCE UPON A TIME???????!!!!!!! I NOMINATE AND VOTE FOR ONCE UPON A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jackie Bennet – June 17, 2013 03:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Suits
    Scandal
    Parenthood
    The good wife
    REVENGE

Comment by Sagita sicilia – June 18, 2013 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that everyone say that it gets old, that it wasn’t best season, some that is boring and overrated…but for me personaly Mad Men is the best damn thing on TV. There’s a lot of great shows now, but nothing tops MM for me.
    But that’s just me, I don’t think they’re gona win.

Comment by Ivana – June 21, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mine would be:
    1. Game of Thrones
    2. Fringe (unlikely to get nominated though)
    3. Hannibal
    4. Breaking Bad
    5. Homeland
    6. American Horror Story (also unlikely to be nominated)

Comment by Kat – July 1, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I’ve truly loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Comment by parquet – July 19, 2013 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post