First Full Newsroom Trailer: 'Chips Are Falling'

Get More: First Look, Video

TheNewsroom_Season2_trailerThis Just In: Will McAvoy is in deep doo doo.

When The Newsroom‘s nine-episode second season bows on July 14, Jeff Daniels’ lightning rod of an anchor is dealing with the fallout from an on-air comment he made comparing the Tea Party to the (gulp) Taliban.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning (and When)?

“When he said it I thought, ‘Let the chips fall where they may,’” his boss (played by Jane Fonda) says in the first full-length Season 2 trailer below. “You know what I’m thinking now? Chips are falling.”

The following sneak peek also features a glimpse of Newsroom newbies Hamish Linklater and Marcia Gay Harden in action, and hints at new challenges for several of the show’s super couples.

Tags: ,

Comments (21)

• This is a trailer, the last thing you shared was horrible.

Comment by Midori – June 9, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There have been plenty of HBO shows that have teasers that are totally metaphoric in nature. There was the Game of Thrones trailer with the raven flying in a real-world city, pretty much every Six Feet Under trailer ever, and many more. I quite liked the desert trailer, myself.

Comment by popculture420 – June 9, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Midori liquer is one of my favorites, so I always notice this commenter’s name, and she seems to almost always be negative. Whatevs!

Comment by Danyelle – June 10, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • 1. I’m a guy.
          2. This comment was positive, it was a good trailer.
          3. I like the color, not the liqueur.

Comment by Midori – July 13, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait. This series got weirdly bashed by so many people and I always found it engaging and enjoyable.

Comment by Nick Schaedel (@nshady) – June 9, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was addicted to it. Never understood all the hate for it.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – June 9, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • People focused too much on the politics mentioned in the show. This was One of my favorite shows last year. Hoing it can hold up this season. I found a lot of the episodes quite funny as long as dramatic.

Comment by james – June 9, 2013 11:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually the show pointedly avoids taking a political stance – which is kind of the point of the thing – they present the facts – and draw conclusions from facts – that’s not politics – that’s just how you report the news – they seek to educate their viewers, not reinforce biased views, fair and balanced is nonsense.

The media hated it because it made the media look bad, it pointed out how terrible the news is these days, how terrible things like TMZ are, of course they’re going to hate it, people in the media hate to look in the mirror

Comment by John Magee – June 10, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The show did NOT present the best of both sides of the argument as it stated it would in ep 2 so its sanctimony was the height of hypocrisy.

Comment by katrina – June 14, 2013 07:07 PM PDT
      • Totally agree. Yeah it was preachy but it also had some of my favourite written/acted scenes on television last year. The cast is amazing and it really is very well written, even if it comes across as a tad judgmental at times.

Comment by dude – June 10, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too, it’s a great show

Comment by ck – June 10, 2013 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait on how Marcia Gay Harden and Jane Fonda would fare in Season Two beginning July 14th.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 9, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Neal and Sloan to get together :)

Comment by Ella – June 9, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thinking of re-watching season 1 just to refresh my memory, and because i enjoyed it so much the first time

Comment by John – June 10, 2013 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Newsroom. It’s far too long between seasons and the season goes by way too fast. I say that about all the shows I love. But, it’s so true!
    So looking forward to this.

Comment by bobbie – June 10, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A lot of angry, violent women in this trailer…

Comment by Jean-Francois Dorion – June 10, 2013 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Aaron Sorkin though he does have some serious flaws. He can’t write women very well, they’re usually pretty bad stereotypes and he has a habit of writing his characters into corners that are almost impossible (and unbelievable) to get out of. On the West Wing he gave the President of the United States MS (of which he somehow kept from everyone) and he still was re-elected. It seems like he’s got the same principle in mind with The Newsroom – either make a show about the news or make a show about people dating – pick one

Comment by John Magee – June 10, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hamish Linklater is in it this year? I had no idea, but now I’m looking forward to it even more!

Comment by Nicole – June 10, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia Munn is surprisingly fantastic in this show.

Comment by dude – June 10, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A great writer can make even mediocre talent look good – this is a perfect example

Comment by John Magee – June 10, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • disagreed!! i don’t think olivia munn is mediocre at all. granted, she has a fun character to play, but i think she does a fantastic job with her role.

Comment by erica – June 10, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post