Matt Lauria on Parenthood Return: 'I'm Up for It!'

Get More: Interviews, Scoop

Parenthood Season 5 Cast MAtt LauriaGood news, Parenthood fans: Matt Lauria, who last season stole the hearts of Amber Holt (and fans alike), is hopeful about a return to the NBC drama next season.

“If they want to include me, I’m fired up to be a part of it,” the Friday Night Lights alum shared enthusiastically with TVLine at the ATX Festival this weekend.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

As of now, “We don’t know what the details [for Season 5] are going to be,” he explained. “But [showrunner] Jason [Katims] recently asked me, ‘Are you up for it?’ and I told him, ‘I’m up for it!’ And since then, there have been some conversations back and forth between my manager and [higher ups].”

Lauria noted that while he doesn’t know how involved he’ll be, should that Season 5 deal come through, “I would feel weird if I wasn’t [there] at all. So, I’m going to do everything I can to be involved again.”

RELATED | Parenthood Boss on Sarah’s ‘Wrenching’ Finale Decision! Plus — Season 5 Scoop!

Katims, for his part, has not minced words when it comes to his desire to bring Lauria back for Season 5, sharing at PaleyFest earlier this year, “I absolutely loved the dynamic between [Amber and Ryan] and I would love to continue that storyline.

The actor’s on-screen counterpart Mae Whitman is clamoring for a return as well. “He’s one of my closest friends and I really hope he comes back because I love working with him,” she expressed on the same Paley panel.

Are you hoping Lauria makes it official with Parenthood? Hit the comments!

Comments (22)

• I hope he comes back. I loved the two of them together.

Comment by May – June 8, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mae Whitman’s character’s name is Amber Holt.

Comment by Rachel – June 8, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news.

Comment by Superhero – June 8, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the FNL boys better be on!!

Comment by Maureen – June 8, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! Always happy to see an FNL alum :)

Comment by lifesanarsehole – June 8, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It needs to be so! I loved Amber and Ryan together! And last we saw they were looking at rings! That crazy lovable family and wedding planning would be pretty awesome. It would be just wonderful!

Comment by Robin – June 8, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll always remember him as Luke Cafferty on FNL. One of the best TV dramas in years. Hope he comes back to Parenthood for the upcoming new season now that the series is moving to Thursdays at 10 p.m. going up against Scandal (ABC) and Elementary (CBS).

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – June 8, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I do so hope he returns! I became so invested in his character and the storyline with him and Amber was heartbreaking and honest. And his story is just so topical right now, and daang can he act! Oh please bring him back!!!!!

Comment by mia – June 8, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Matt Lauria & will watch him on anything! Thankfully, I’m a big Parenthood fan and have been since S1.

Comment by Eliza – June 8, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely hope he comes back to the show!

Comment by jess k – June 8, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news. With this and Dan Harmon coming back on Community, my TV year is set.

Comment by kikiyo2011 – June 9, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like him to come back, if only to see Amber and him break up again. When Mae Whitman cries, I swear I almost lose it every time! She deserves an Emmy for such a raw performance on Parenthood!

Comment by Fabe – June 9, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be great to watch their romance grow over the new season I cannot wait! I loved season 4 so much mainly due to the budding love between these two characters.

Comment by Karen Stokes – June 10, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He has to come back, they were looking at engagement rings in the season finale. Generally shows start filming next month, so Jason Katmis better get a his storylines nailed down!

Comment by sarah – June 10, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Ryan and Amber!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jen – June 10, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • theyre my favorite part of the story line right now – bring them back! :)

Comment by Jenn – June 20, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, love the Amber/Ryan storyline.

Comment by Carole – June 20, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this is the one and only show i religously watch and im super excited for next season….whenver that may be……anyone know??

Comment by Julie Schellack – June 30, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post