Ratings: Solid Start for USA's Graceland

Get More: Ratings

Graceland Premiere RatingsUSA Network’s new crime drama Graceland notched respectable ratings in its debut Thursday.

The series, from White Collar creator Jeff Eastin and starring Aaron Tveit and Daniel Sunjata, attracted 3.3 million viewers — 1 million of which fell into the 18-49 demo. (By comparison, USA’s high-profile — and short-lived — Political Animals amassed 2.6 million viewers last July.)

RELATED | Graceland Premiere: Grade It!

The seventh and final season premiere of Burn Notice, which served as Graceland‘s lead-in, drew 4.3 million total viewers, up 12 percent over last year’s Season 6 opener. (Among 18-49ers, BN was virtually flat with its Season 6 bow.)

Comments (28)

• Congratulations Jeff Eastin, writers and actors and crew of Graceland. Hope your success continues and keep up the wonderful beach scenes.. God Bless!

Comment by JBC – June 7, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow awesome! Really need to check this show out.

Comment by megan – June 7, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cancelling Burn Notice seems like a really bad idea now, doesen’t it usa ?

Comment by mac – June 7, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. They ran out of stories to tell and the fact that the building the sets are in in Miami is getting destroyed, so they would have to relocate.

Comment by Midori – June 7, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think its also just time, i mean they are on Season 7 of a show with a premise that…i dont know i wouldn’t naturally say has longevity. I think the last part of the shows story they could do is exactly what they are doing, having him back in (forced in to protect his friends) and tying it all up with w/e they decide to do in season 7.
        The shows premise was pretty simple, over-arcing plot of fixing the burn notice and getting back into the CIA, then finding out the conspiracy, then solving the conspiracy, and now tying things up with the ending (season 7). The procedural of helping people Macgyver style was awesome and fresh but after 6 seasons of it, its best to go out on a high (S7) and every season was great and added to the story of Michael Weston and gang. Burn Notice would suffer if it went on longer. Would start to feel stretched and filler episodes would start becoming common.

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 7, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • what the writers of burn notice did was shorten a good show season 6 should have ended with the gang as the most wanted people in the world and turn the show into a complete twist and have the running for country to country with a whole heap of cia people trying to kill Micheal , Fiona, Jessie Sam Maddie And the grand son and intertwine it with covert affairs a little were Annie and Augie help them out now that would be a season 7 then the do this current season 7 for the end and allow us to c where the gang life story was not just Micheal own life story and end burn notice at season 9 or 10 and the last episode be a movie special for them and the team behind the scene and show everyone who help the show grow at the end of the movie in a memory slide but the writer are just not creative enough

Comment by Marlon – August 9, 2013 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, they have really run out of stories to tell. Stretching it out THIS long has been pushing it, and if they renewed for another season I really have no idea what they’d do except repeat themselves again. They had a great run and now it’s time to end it.

Comment by Brooke – June 7, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Agreed. the show is about a burned former spy trying to clear his name. Michael was un-burned about two seasons ago. So unless they felt like re-burning him, it feels like time to wrap up.

Comment by wordsmith – June 7, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Canceling BURN NOTICE is a terrible idea! Almost as bad as when they cancelled SMASH!!!!

Comment by Marilyn – June 13, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have watched Burn Notice from the first season. Seasons 1 and 2 were incredible, but fell flat for me after that I didn’t watch it until the season finale year. Don’t know what happened, but they sure stepped it up and it is a “must see” as they go away on a high note. Love this show!

Comment by Cyndy – August 31, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A .8 is not a solid start when a canceled show (Burn Notice) got a 1.2

Comment by kraw hitham (@_krawhitham) – June 7, 2013 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The comparison is meaningless. Burn Notice wasn’t cancelled because of bad ratings – it still has a devoted following.

Comment by wordsmith – June 7, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope it continues to grow in ratings! It’s a great show!

Comment by Jason Lawson (@Snowballx) – June 7, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Graceland? I didn’t see anything great about it.

Comment by Ohmy – June 8, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to watch this show but haven’t had the time yet. I do like Aaron Tveit a lot! And I just found out this filmed in my hometown of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. As with The Glades, Burn Notice & Magic City, In like to support good tv projects that film in South Florida.

Comment by Eliza – June 7, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premiere episode was solid enough but nothing extraordinary. Something to watch if nothing else is on. The premise may be someone unique, like the failed NCIS:Red, but it’s not a premise that is very interesting or compelling. It just feels like the majority of the shows out there. Some parts did not ring true or realistic enough. Another weakness, IMO, may be the casting. Daniel Sunjata always manages to come across as arrogant and unlikeable and the young recruit, Aaron, looks completely out of place. Which maybe is the idea but he just doesn’t connect with his environment. The most appealing character is the Johnny kid. He’s funny, relatable and likeable. The others were almost non-existent. It was good to see Brooke Smith, even though her part was so minimal. Well, let’s see how it progresses in future episodes.

Comment by Babygate – June 7, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im not sure if i overly anticipated the show or what, but i gave it a B rating in your poll and i honestly feel like I need to see a few more episodes to really solidify my opinion of it. Which is unusual because i LOVED White Collar, Suits, Royal Pains, Burn Notice and Covert Affairs since the Pilot (A+’es). Psych and Fairly Legal i enjoyed the pilots (Solid B’s) and grew from there, now i LOVE Psych (though i dont hit the demo for its references) and i really enjoyed S1 of Fairly Legal (hated Season 2). Necessary Roughness i watched the first few episodes and just never got into.
    I’m not saying i’m only going to give Graceland 3 episodes to become an A+, i will loyally view even if it never goes above a B rating. I got more excitement and a deeper connection to shows like Dark Blue and Breakout Kings, which seem to be grittier and more able to go to a dark place (being on TNT and A&E). But obviously i cant judge too much because it was JUST a pilot, and there is going to be cast changes by episode 2, and Jeff Eastin says this will be a very gritty show, which either means gritty compared to White Collar (not saying much) or gritty compared to shows on cable right now, which would be awesome.

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 7, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Graceland’s been available online for over a month now. So that’s probably eroded the numbers somewhat.

Comment by Warren – June 8, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Graceland is an old show.. The pilot came out several years ago and was canceled… I saw this episode a very long time ago

Comment by Yesimsure – June 8, 2013 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Started a little slow, but picked up. I liked it… good to see Scottie Thompson again.

Comment by tw111 – June 9, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like the show; am I the only one who thinks Aaron Tevit looks like or reminds me of Warren Kole in Common Law? wish they wouldn’t have cancelled that one.

Comment by carmela chiaro – June 10, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed – Aaron Tviet could be Warren Kole’s twin. I also wish they had not cancelled Common Law or Breakout Kings – now that was gritty.

Comment by Linda Breuning – July 9, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Graceland. USA would make a big mistake if they cancelled this show. Especially with them canceling Burn Notice, which I also love. And I too think that Aaron Tveit looks a lot/reminds me a lot of Warren Kole and Common Law. I still wish they hadn’t cancelled Common Law. That was a great show. One of my favorites.

Comment by Jackie – August 16, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Started a bit slow but ended up drawing me in by the end. I think I’m going to like the show. Still wish they hadn’t cancelled Common Law! I’m so very bitter about that!

Comment by Natalie – June 10, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this show is around for many seasons, it is excellent!

Comment by Mikey – June 19, 2013 02:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Marlon – August 9, 2013 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I work at home, so I watch a lot of TV. I take offense to USA network comparing Burn Notice to Graceland. I take TV like food, I’ll try anything twice. I tried Graceland twice and it sucked both times. The convoluted plots and poorly defined characters shows throughout this show. I wish it would just go away. Do more smart things like White Collar.

Comment by Donald – August 30, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • donald i second ur motion we should sue usa network for that LOL

Comment by Marlon – September 15, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post