Exclusive Switched at Birth Video: Kathryn and Nikki Squabble Over a Fancy Engagement Party

Does Switched at Birth have a mother-in-law problem on its hands?

When the ABC Family charmer returns Monday, June 10 at 8/7c, Kathryn will be in the midst of planning a lavish engagement party for her son Toby — much to his fiancée Nikki’s protests about her “wasteful” spending, as you’ll see in the following exclusive clip.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Toby tries his best to keep the peace, to no avail. Instead of just breaking the bank, could the celebration actually break up the young couple?

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

Comments (9)

• Could not load plugins:
    File not found

Don’t see a video but I’m very looking forward to the show coming back :)

Comment by Kat – June 6, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Thanks for the video! I really like Nikki and Toby together! Can’t wait for the show’s return!

Comment by Robin – June 6, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cannot stand Nikki’s character. really self righteous, ugh! hopefully they’ll break up!!

Comment by suzyku – June 10, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aghh i dont like this girl

Comment by Lorena – June 6, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I think they are WAY too young to be getting married, I’m siding with the bride. This isn’t Mrs. Kennish’s wedding- it doesn’t matter what SHE thinks is beautiful, she isn’t the one getting married. She can blow all the money on Bay’s and Daphne’s weddings.

Comment by Alice – June 9, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t rehearsal dinners usually just the bride, groom, immediate families, wedding party, and spouses of the wedding party? I’ve never been to one so I’m not sure but her little cousins being there seems like too many people. I guess every bride and groom are different. Still, I like Nikki’s idea for a BBQ. Sounds a bit more laid-back and relaxed compared to what the wedding day itself will be like. So they’ll probably need it :)

Comment by Sarah Dallosto (@dolcebellabaker) – June 10, 2013 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The rehearsal dinner is for immediate family and those in the wedding party. I imagined that maybe the cousins will serve as the ring bearer and flower girls. If so, they would be invited.

Comment by Amy – June 16, 2013 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not like nikki reason she seems not honest to tob y in somewhat

Comment by Cnprodly – June 17, 2013 10:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like nikki either! little too goody two shoes for me, doesn’t seem real.

Comment by suzyku – June 17, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post