Exclusive

Exclusive Switched at Birth Video: Kathryn and Nikki Squabble Over a Fancy Engagement Party

Does Switched at Birth have a mother-in-law problem on its hands?

When the ABC Family charmer returns Monday, June 10 at 8/7c, Kathryn will be in the midst of planning a lavish engagement party for her son Toby — much to his fiancée Nikki’s protests about her “wasteful” spending, as you’ll see in the following exclusive clip.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Toby tries his best to keep the peace, to no avail. Instead of just breaking the bank, could the celebration actually break up the young couple?

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

1. Kat says:

Could not load plugins:
    File not found

Don’t see a video but I’m very looking forward to the show coming back :)

2. Robin says:

Yay! Thanks for the video! I really like Nikki and Toby together! Can’t wait for the show’s return!

3. Lorena says:

Aghh i dont like this girl

4. Alice says:

While I think they are WAY too young to be getting married, I’m siding with the bride. This isn’t Mrs. Kennish’s wedding- it doesn’t matter what SHE thinks is beautiful, she isn’t the one getting married. She can blow all the money on Bay’s and Daphne’s weddings.

5. Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t rehearsal dinners usually just the bride, groom, immediate families, wedding party, and spouses of the wedding party? I’ve never been to one so I’m not sure but her little cousins being there seems like too many people. I guess every bride and groom are different. Still, I like Nikki’s idea for a BBQ. Sounds a bit more laid-back and relaxed compared to what the wedding day itself will be like. So they’ll probably need it :)

• Amy says:

The rehearsal dinner is for immediate family and those in the wedding party. I imagined that maybe the cousins will serve as the ring bearer and flower girls. If so, they would be invited.

6. Cnprodly says:

I do not like nikki reason she seems not honest to tob y in somewhat