HBO Sets Eastbound & Down End Date

eastbound-season-3-300It’s game over for Kenny Powers.

HBO has announced that Eastbound & Down‘s eight-episode fourth season, premiering Sept. 29, will be the show’s last.

RELATED | TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

The comedy stars Danny McBride as an ex-major league pitcher who is forced to take his train wreck of a personality back to his hometown in North Carolina, where he gets a job as a phys-ed teacher.

Season 3 ended with Kenny finally making it back to the majors, only to fake his own death and run back home to his beloved April, the mother of his child. Per HBO, “The upcoming fourth season picks up the action several years later and finds Kenny living the American Dream with his family in North Carolina.”

Hit the comments with your eulogies for poor K.P.

1. RobMF says:

Shouldn’t this say “Again”?

2. Elly says:

I thought Danny Mcbride didn’t want to go pass 3 seasons anyway?

3. DavidSask says:

This is not news was known long time ago!

• Bfleet says:

You are incorrect, sir. They cancelled the show after the third season, announcing it as it’s last. Then, several months later, they announced the show would return for a 4th season. Now, they are announcing that the show is ending after it’s 4th season.

Separate announcements. This is new news.

4. Danny McBride should go back to do more movies now that his new flick This Is The End is coming out on June 12th (6 days from now).

5. Tami O says:

Happy its back on….hope we get better closure with this series ending!!!! :)

6. Why do people keep saying it’s cancelled? It’s not cancelled, it’s ending. It was supposed to end last season but they decided to come back for one more. HBO didn’t make the decision, HBO would take 10 years of this show if McBride and Hill would do it but they won’t.

7. Heidi Ifft says:

Cancelled couldn’t be a more inaccurate term. HBO would love more seasons. They were lucky to get a 4th.

8. Tony says:

This is an annoying, cheap headline that was clearly done just to get hits to your stupid page. This show was never canceled. The writers decided to end after three seasons from the very beginning and HBO talk them into doing another season how is that canceled?

9. stephbajza says:

I personally love the show. Hope we a get a great finally. I could of watched it for 10 seasons ;)

10. Keith says:

They’re making a big mistake. Everyone i know loves this show and its the funniest thing i’ve seen in years. Whatever they dream up for material i would watch. P.S. Guy Young is a pretty fing funny add to the show.

11. Constance Y says:

Absolutely, the BEST comedy on HBO or TV! I wish they would reconsider. PlEASE.

12. Jim says:

I just watched my secon episode and I’ve been laughing my ass off. I can’t believe its ending and I was thinking I had found a new show to watch. Maybe I can watch all the old seasons on netflix.

13. Uncle Louie says:

Funniest show Ive ever seen, I need this. I just found out about this show, its way too good to stop now, please make more! This is the greatest comedy ever!

14. Jlynnc1979 says:

Best show ever on HBO. Not your typical show where they try to be politically correct. No one was was safe. That’s what made it great!

15. decota says:

besides True Blood this is the best show you guys have ever came up with and you’re really going to cancel it that’s ridiculous I have hundreds of friends they watch the show you guys better keep us down down on I’m going to boycott HBO and that’s for damn sure b******* I love this show I look forward to watching Kenny f****** powers and True Blood those are the only shows ya leavin have worth watching if you guys don’t keep this show on I’m cancelling HBO and that’s that.

16. johnnywadd says:

3Rd best show ever for HBO. 1.The Sopranos 2.The Wire. and a close 3rd witb OZ. Will miss it. Good thing Shameless starts soon on showtime

17. Heidi Ifft says:

Wasn’t cancelled. Incorrect word choice.

18. Eric Parent says:

This is some BS! HBO always cancels great shows (i.e. Vice, Hung, How to Make it in America, Lucky, etc…). I think I’m going to cancel my subscription to HBO because every time I get into a series they cancel it. It is VERY frustrating! Thanks again HBO, for doing it to us again! K.P. we’ll see you on the other side brother, Awaken the dragon!

19. Eric Parent says:

I forgot another GREAT show HBO cancelled “The Wire”!

20. jeff gollobin says:

true blood sucks and so do you we all just took a vote we dont want you as a fan go jerk your meat to some vampires you tool bag ahahahaha

21. SDOT ROB says:

AGREED THAT TRUE BLOOD IS A TERRIBLE GARBAGE SHOW WITH HORRIBLE ACTING. Ok, had to get that out of my system. Adding to the rest of the comments – NO, the show was NOT canceled but the writers and McBride were done with the series and are moving on to new projects. Lets just hope they write a Kenny Powers movie!!! Would be so cool.

22. j says:

The best show ever made! Danny mcbride is the greatest!

23. trent says:

This show is absolutely amazing there is no reason why they shouldn’t make another season . Its a disappointment to see that there’s no more episodes too watch . There’s allot they could do with this series and it’d make allot of people happy to see a season 4

24. I have a hit series written. And I want it on HBO. Its soprano’s meets intervention.

25. Brian says:

Hands down the funniest show ever! Kenny is hands down the man we all want to be but in reality the man no one can ever be! He has never heard of the word embarassment or the phrase “KEEP IT TO YOURSELF”