TVLine Items: Early Hiatus for AMC/OLTL, Idol's New Chief, Bunheads Renewal Buzz and More!

One Life to LiveLife in Pine Valley and Llanview is quieting down a little faster than expected.

Both All My Children and One Life to Live will halt production 11 days earlier than planned, as a result of unresolved labor issues between the online soaps’ producer Prospect Park and the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees Local 52.

Prospect Park says the premature pause won’t affect viewers, that 40 episodes of each serial are already in the can, to air through September. Producers hope to have smoothed out any labor wrinkles by the hiatus’ planned end date of August 12.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

• It’s not necessarily time to jete for joy over Bunheads. Though fans of the ballet-themed bubble dramedy hoped that the production receiving a California Film and Tax Credit heralded Season 2 renewal, an ABC Family rep tells Buzzfeed, “We are not making a decision about a pick-up until we know how our new summer series premiere.”

• News Corp. TV executive David Hill will oversee the upcoming season of Fox’s American Idol and The X Factor, taking over those specific responsibilities from departing alternative programming president Mike Darnell.

• Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva has tapped Brigid Brannagh (Army Wives) to guest-star in the new season’s fifth episode as a wife whose husband wins big at a casino, while Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) will play a sympathetic judge, per The Hollywood Reporter. Reiko Aylesworth (24) meanwhile will show up in Episode 6 as a woman protecting her boyfriend’s legacy from his estranged parents.

• NBC’s midseason comedy The Family Guide, starring J.K. Simmons (The Closer), has changed its name to Growing Up Fisher.

Good Morning America‘s Sam Champion and HLN hosts Robin Meade and A.J. Hammer will emcee the 40th annual Daytime Emmy Awards, to be broadcast live June 16 on HLN.

1. Annie says:

Bunheads needs to come back! The other new TV shows such as The Fosters and Twisted seem good but Bunheads was here before them. Many people love this show and it got many good reviews! It deserves to be back on ABC Family, and as much as I hate to say it, I prefer to watch Bunheads over any other show on this channel. If either Twisted or The Fosters were meant to replace Bunheads it was a mistake, no matter how good the new TV series are because Bunheads is such an amazing show!

2. Barb Schaefer says:

My teenage daughter and I love Bunheads we really hope you bring it back we have watched every episode together and love the show!

3. BobbyRosa says:

My family and I love Bunheads and hope it comes back for a new season.

4. I really hope they bring Bunheads back. I LOVE that show!

5. Amy says:

Heard that Bunheads sets were town down. What is going on with this show? I hope against hope it comes back.

6. Lizziescissorhans says:

Bunheads Absolutely has to come back. I miss it so much!

7. Bonnie says:

Please bring Bunheads back!!!! It’s a great show.

8. Elisa says:

I swear ill boycott ABC altogether if they don’t bring back Bunheads. It was fresh, funny, charming and the characters, writing and dancing are incredible. Now that its gained a following the ratings are sure to sky rocket. It’s so pleasantly different from all the reality bs on tv now. I adore the show. So…ABC … Don’t be stupid – you’ll get your ratings. (Aka $$$$)

9. linda says:

I have been hunting and my DVR is set to find Bunheads and am so dissapointed if it got cancelled like Smash !. I didn’t know who Sutton Foster was before this show but she is amazing with her comedic timing and delivery. I didn’t know what to expect when I first watched but quickly became addicted to the writing and characters in this show. It’s quirky, smart, original material and I remember laughing pretty hard. I don’t believe networks give shows the time or the promotion needed to succeed and unrealistic expectations for numbers when there are 100+ channels nowdays to choose from. This was the only show I watched on ABC Family and if it’s gone I won’t bother tuning in again.

10. Heather says:

I have myself, my husband, and his grandmother all watching this show. We just recently started watching everything on Amazon Prime. Respect the fan base. This is the best thing ABC Family has done. For a channel that is usually watched by the masses on holidays and is known for melodramatic shows like Secret Life of the American Teenager, this offers substance and is picking up. Keep it going for Season Two and more!