The Voice Top 6 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestant Go Home This Week?

The Voice - Season 4 TOP 6 RESULTSBlake Shelton kicked off The Voice‘s Season 4 Top 6 results night with a declaration that wasn’t entirely believable: “I cannot wait to see who the Final 5 are gonna be!” Yeah, okay, maybe that was part of the story, but the only coach not to lose a single contestant in almost a month had legitimate reasons to be nervous, too.

“People rely on iTunes,” Blake added — or rather, where each contestant lands Tuesday morning on the music-download service’s Hot 200 singles chart — to gauge who’s most likely to be evicted from the show each week. And with a pair of Blake’s acts — The Swon Brothers and Holly Tucker — faring the worst in digital sales, it looked as though the country judge might be raising his “special Starbucks cup” in sorrow, rather than celebration, this time around.

RELATED | The Voice Top 6 Performance Recap: For God and Country, Country, Country!

Before we learned the fate of the contestants, though, we had an hour’s worth of musical performances — three contestant duets and the debut of Season 3 champ Cassadee Pope’s new single — to ratchet up the suspense. (Plus, a heart-wrenching trip for Teams Blake and Usher to participate in Blake’s Oklahoma fundraiser.) Let’s break down the action:

* Cassadee Pope: “Wasting All These Tears” | The Season 3 champ returned in a sparkly silver minidress to deliver her new single that, to my ears, is more pop-rock than country, but nevertheless moderately catchy. I liked how the swaths of fabric hanging overhead dramatically fell to the stage on the final chorus, and Blake singing along from his swivel chair was a nice touch, too. On the flip side, Carson’s post-performance hug went on about two beats too long, and now I feel like a heel for pointing it out. Grade: B+

* Michelle Chamuel & Sasha Allen: Madonna’s “Open Your Heart” | The ladies were in pretty solid voice for this one, but the “choreography” was more rigid than a strict nun teaching a classroom of spastic second graders. Why not let the ladies get loose instead of forcing them to march up and down the mid-audience peninsulas? Alas, said staging sapped some of the energy from what should’ve been a real winner. Grade: B

* Holly Tucker & The Swon Brothers: The Wreckers’ “Leave the Pieces” | I really loved the song choice, but putting the emphasis on Colton’s tinny voice over Zach’s more muscular growl was a bit of a head-scratcher — especially since his chemistry with Holly was muted at best. Not a bad effort, though, and a good fit stylistically for both acts. Grade: B

* Amber Carrington & Danielle Bradbery: The Bangles’ “Eternal Flame” | Oh I do love a good, late-80s power ballad, and despite the Sway-Bots’ best efforts to ruin everything (which is their natural instinct), I dug this duet most of all. To my ears, though, Amber dominated the matchup, her voice proving richer, more evocative and more on pitch than her more hyped rival. I just wonder if the voting public felt the same, and if next week’s iTunes tallies might reflect that. Grade: A-

Anyhoo…I could talk about the non-starter questions Carson asked the nervous contestants while they awaited their fates, but the answers were almost comically dull. (At one point, Danielle actually uttered, “I’m here now.” Yes girl, you are!) So let’s cut right to results!

Sent to Safety (in chronological order)
Michelle Chamuel
Sasha Allen
Danielle Bradbery
Amber Carrington

RELATED | The Voice‘s Garrett Gardner on Mining His John Lennon Connection and Rocking Backstreet!

Final Two in Jeopardy
Holly Tucker
The Swon Brothers

Eliminated
Holly Tucker

Poor Holly, reduced to tears without so much as 30 seconds of airtime to say “adieu!” to her fans. Blake, though, gave her props by insisting that she and the Swon Brothers had “worked their asses off” to get as far as they had. Nevertheless, I wish Coach Blake had challenged the Baylor University student to try something outside her predictable country-Gospel wheelhouse, because even if it had failed, it would’ve stretched the boundaries of her artistry (and been a lot more thrilling to watch). That said, unless Holly’s ouster makes like a Doors lyric and lights Blake’s fire to break from the safest contestant trajectories this show has ever seen, I suspect next week we’re in for more Pam Tillis or Rascal Flatts, no?

And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Season 4 Top 6 results night? Did the right contestant get the boot? Wasn’t it kind of sad to see just one person picked off this time around? Sound off in the comments, and for all my reality-related news, recaps, interviews and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Danny says:

Well, that’s pretty much what I figured. It seems as if Danielle isn’t #1 anymore. It’s tough to stay on top the whole season. Very rarely does the initial frontrunner hold the lead. It’s a lot like college football in that sense. I wonder if the anti Blake sentiment will wane some if he doesn’t end up winning.

That tribute to Oklahoma was heart warming. That was a real nice touch.

I also couldn’t help but wonder how Cassadee would have fared had she been on this season. I didn’t know she was doing a country album. I thought she was more pop.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

How are you always the first one to comment?

• Danny says:

I’m usually one of the first because after the show I check the site every 5 minutes or so. I just refresh it. I hadn’t realized I was the first so often until you brought it up. I’m not on here typing “FIRST” or any of that nonsense. There’s a few of us that get here early. I’m not in a race w/ anyone.

Sometimes it’s hazy at how someone means something in type. If you’re asking in a good way, I just told ya. I just refresh the site every few minutes. If you’re asking because you’d like to be first, I have no problems waiting to post until I see a comment of yours.

• HTGR says:

Word (true or false who knows) is that Blake thought she’d work and sell better if she went as much country as she could and after a ton of initial resistance she decided to listen to Blake and give it a shot.

• There is also the fact that with 4 singers with a country bent it would have been a surprise if one of them had not been cut ,
        As for Holly , the song choice did not help her , at this point it helps if you can perform a song that lets the audience see a little bit of your soul, and with My Wish ,I think it missed that mark

• I don’t think she should have “How Great Thou Art” straight out of a Billy Graham crusade. That dropped her a slot from which she could not move.

• Mike says:

and I don’t think if you asked her to do it again she would have changed a thing. She shouldn’t have to hide her faith. It’s just sad that people see the song as a negative. It may not have been your style, but it was sung beautifully.

• nina says:

I think that, if anything, performing “How Great Thou Art” worked in her favor. Singing a Christian song on TV isn’t a risk, especially since the majority of Americans (the ones who watch the show, and more generally speaking) are of the Christian faith… and of course, on a TV show like the Voice which is becoming a cultural marker for Red States, people are going to praise her for being “so open” and blah blah blah.

I don’t have anything against her performance, but to say that it was risky is wrong. It’s her highest charting song.

• Lee says:

I thought Holly should’ve gone last week. Needless to say, I wasn’t surprised.

I am surprised that Slezak gave Cassadee’s performance a B+. I didn’t think it was anything special.

• Temperance says:

Contrary to a couple of the other posts, most Americans don’t want someone else’s religion (or flavor of religion, since there are thousands because even they can’t get along) shoved in their faces. Sorry, it happens way, way too much, be it singers or politicians. religion and politics aren’t topics for a public forum like the Voice. Plus, she was my least fave all along.

• Claudia says:

I’ve been hearing “How Great Thou Art” all my life. Holly lost me when she sang it because she didnt’ compare well with previous singers I’ve heard. She has a good church voice but IMO she’s nothing special & for me there’s no star quality there.

• LLou2 says:

I agree, Holly could have done HGTA in such a way as to make it the best moment of the season, but her rendition fell flat. Seemed totally uninspired compared to the subject matter she was singing about. Talk about Danielle smiling like a giddy teenager when she sings serious lyrics, Holly completely missed the emotional mark of this song.

• janet sagen says:

I totally agree that “How Great Thou Art” was not a good choice.
            A lot of people don’t appreciate the flaunting of the “holier than thou”
            religious theme.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I think there will be punk/pop/rock songs in her album as well, but I am not sure. Regarding Michael’s comment about the safest trajectories in the show’s history, have you truly forgotten about Terry?

• Mike says:

His lack of challenging Danielle makes me wonder if he thinks she’s capable of stepping up. Cause if she gets to the finale(and with her charting I’d assume she would) I think the only way she wins if she does stretch things. Outside the box(take a page from the other coaches).

I’ll be interested to see if Michelle can keep that top Itunes spot. That song had a bit of a Taylor Swift endorsing added bump. Not that she didn’t deserve it but you know the Taylor fans were probably voting hard. I’d honestly rather see a top 2 of Michelle and Amber or Sasha anyway(not that they do a top 2, but they do eliminate one person first before telling you who wins).

• Danny says:

@Mike- I think Danielle’s slipping a bit. If I’m not mistaken they announce the safe’s in the order of the votes. She’s down to 3 after being #1 pretty much all season. At 16 years old, or any age really, I think she’s doing real well. People often don’t like the perceived front runner.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I don’t think they announce them in order. Carlson never said so. Maybe I am wrong.

• Mike says:

I know they definitely didn’t last year because they often left Cassadee until the end even though she was number 1 from the day she did Over You. This year is a toss up. Michelle and Danielle tend to go 1 and 2 so who knows. They’d never tell us. This isn’t the X Factor where they do it on purpose.

• Both Danielle and Amber tend to his their power runs at a natural – not even a high natural. Amber is a better singer than Danielle – RIGHT NOW – but Danielle has not learned – still – where she can take that. She has tried NO FALSETTO – no high naturals or low. She will be the next to leave if she doesn’t get some powerful lessons this week.

• nina says:

YES. I agree with this. Danielle is a great, natural talent, but I think she needs some time to find herself as an artist. She also needs to play around with her voice a little bit to figure out what works. They keeps saying that she’s had no singing lessons, but neither has Amber, and Amber is only three years older than her… and she is SLAYING IT.

The no falsetto thing to me is odd too… I love when artists (sparingly) use falsetto.

• Claudia says:

When I hear a gifted singer say they have had no vocal lessons it makes me not like them very much. I think they are either lying or else they aren’t too intelligent or maybe they are too lazy to work at it or too arrogant to think they need it. You never hear a talented athlete say he’s never had coaching. I didn’t know Amber said it too but I think Danielle is probably lying about it. She DID lie about not having experience singing in public. You just have to check youtube to see the proof.

• Sieves says:

Amber has never had a vocal coach either. She has a lot of room to grow (and needs to) as well.

• Did you hear their duet tonight? Amber certainly started off better than Danielle, but not now. For all Adam’s “risks” all he has done is stunted Amber’s growth in her genre.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I just want Michelle to win. I don’t care who’s in the finale with her.. How’s that for objective? :)

• Jamey says:

My teenage and 20 year old kids, thought Danielle would be top 2. After a few weeks, they believe that she sings everything the EXACT same way. They don’t see her connect to her songs and don’t see any real growth. I think she has a gorgeous voice but I agree with them. She is a one trick pony. Is that who she is or Blake’s coaching… not sure. I thought Holly peaked too late. Love Michelle. Cassadee was good, but none of us will be buying her single, but then again we didn’t last year…

• MC says:

Her one trick is that she has a “gorgeous voice?” Most very young singers start out stiff and become much better at making connections in their late teens and early twenties. It would be very surprising to me if Danielle does not follow that pattern. The pressure cooker of a weekly tv show is hardly the ideal place for a singer to show growth (despite the buzzy nonsense about the importance of “coaching” on The Voice). You can understand this much more if you watch Michael’s interview with Candice Glover. When did she show her greatest improvement? On her first season of Idol? No. On her second season of Idol? No. During her most reason season of Idol when she emerged as the winner? No. She showed her greatest improvement and gained her greatest knowledge of music between seasons eleven and twelve of Idol. She explained that she formed her musical identity and gained her most personal confidence after last season’s elimination and before this season started. Candice is 23; so people are being way too harsh with Danielle imo. I could even point out that Michelle (who everyone loves) uses the exact same mannerisms every week and her singing style is exactly what it was in week one. People like her act (which is fine), but I don’t believe “coaching” has changed her approach at all.

• algalhi says:

@MC Thanks for saying what I wanted to say, only better! I love Danielle’s voice – low and full and rich. My hubby doesn’t watch the show, but he caught the Amber/Danielle duet and made me replay Danielle’s opening a few times. His reaction was: Wow. Amber has a pretty voice, but Danielle’s is distinctive. I’m not a Country fan, so I’m enjoying hearing some Country this season.

• MC says:

@algalhi – The opening is amazing. It gave me chills because at first I thought they transported Susannah Hoffs herself to the show. I wasn’t sure who was singing at first. The camera pans down and reveals Danielle. She does a fantastic job with the opening verse. Eternal Flame is one of my all-time fave songs. I have heard it hundreds of times and Danielle should be very proud of her vocal on this song. Danielle is consistently good on this from start to finish. This was one of the highlights of the season for me. Incidentally, the Michelle-Sasha duet of Open Your Heart was pitiful. That was one of the worst versions of that song that I have heard. Michelle never got into the pocket of that song. Someone on YouTube commented that Michelle has trouble with midrange songs. I can’t argue with that assessment. Sasha, as others have pointed out, was trying to not overpower Michelle and the whole thing was pretty much a train wreck.

• Anna says:

I’m so happy to hear someone intelligently recognize Danielle’s true and totally expectable position in her own artistic journey. If one looks at Carrie Underwood, one can see a similar phenomenon even though Carrie started out older than Danielle is. Carrie has grown and flourished and has learned to elevate every part of her vocal and performance ranges to wonderful heights. Danielle has one of the most appealing voices I’ve heard on ANY show and from ANY female singer EVER. She’ll learn to connect more to her material as she experiences more of life’s ups and downs. As someone else commented about her either here or on another site, she makes ME feel excited and happy and look forward to listen to her. I’m not diminishing Amber’s talent, but I actually think Danielle’s is the more distinctive sound and that it will become more so as she gets older. I’m a singer myself, who recorded for Columbia Records, and I was truly surprised and delighted to hear Danielle’s voice from the very start. Blake does NOT do her any favors with the song choices, but I agree with the past few people here who have pointed out the specific differences between the two young women on their duet in a lovely song. Amber is a really good singer and performer, but Danielle is a STAR in the making, if things progress as wise industry people guiding her allow them to.

• kaba says:

If we take that approach to why she should win, that’s a poor reason. The entire ideal of the show is to find the most captivating performer and vocalist on the show who resonates well with each performance.
            Danielles lack of performance skill is made up in how well her voice captivates the audience, but I feel like if we’re going to ignore that she’s too inexperienced to find that happy medium then I don’t feel she should be the winner.
            I’d prefer the winner of the show have the ability to balance both while being a standout with both ends of the spectrum

• EVPandHC says:

Well, a lot of people are. It’s currently at No. 3 on iTunes.

• TheTruth says:

Seems like Michelle got the boost she needed with the Taylor Swift song and appearance. Sasha got the boost she needed with her Carrie Underwood number. Which has over 460,000 views in a few days. Xtina just tweeted her support for Sasha and Shakira. Danielle could loose ground with the same kind of songs every week. She needs to sing a real rocking pop country song next week. It looks very promising to be a Michelle, Danielle, Sasha final three.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Things are getting interesting. I like it when there is more suspense, essentially all of the teams have the same number (if the Snore Bros go home next week)… Now, we’ve got a competition. Maybe Danielle could shake it up next week to maintain the lead. I think her songs are beginning to sound the same. Maybe something more age-appropriate … It’s kinda hard for a teen to capture the same emotion as someone who is 40 years older (ie, Pam Tillis).

• SnoreBro says:

Hey! Hey! The Snore Bros are here to stay for the finals. Being the only males left, the dynamic duo have a shot. Danielle needs to shake things up, not next week but going into the final 3. Depends on how Michelle does and charts without the Taylor Swift effect next week. But Blake might want to experiment with Danielle next week by giving her a pop song? But Blake should have Danielle do a really up tempo country song. How many more times can we watch her do a karaoke-friendly spin on a radio-friendly country song?

• Cassadee Pope is mediocre at best as a country vocalist. Thank the Texas God for dvr-I was able to fast forward through her performance. She was an irritating part of last season and actually announced at the finals-when they called her name, “I KNEW IT!” yuck. yuck. yuck. and I am so not laughing.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

To Danny, I think Cassadee per an interview early in the year. She wanted her style to be country pop and or rock with with an edge. Sounds like Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne blended together with a touch of The Band Perry?

• Derrick says:

Singing a famous song from Taylor Swift will truly bring the artist to number one. Danielle will truly make her way to the top 3… She may not got the spot last week.. There should be something that will come the way as they perform this week…

2. Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Who should win? To me, Michelle should with Amber as the runner up.

• Davey says:

Agree. But Amber and Adam are going to have to choose killer songs. I have to say I really want to hear more from
      Michelle and Amber after the season is over.

• ETG says:

Amber was my early favorite. I don’t like her quite as much now, though. I think Adam may be trying too hard to change her into something she’s not, I don’t know for sure.

• B. says:

Well… she’s country and he’s trying to show that she’s more versatile than that (so that she doesn’t disappear in Blake’s pool of country contestants). I don’t see anything wrong with that!

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I love Amber and Adam for taking risks. Unpredictability is the thing I like most about a contestant. Except for, you know, singing.

• Ed says:

I’m just not entirely sure he is steering her in the right direction, or making sure she sings the right songs for her. Just a little nervous….. I so want to see her outlast Danielle!

• She is going to have to compete against established country artists when she gets off the show, so shying away from it now when she has support and coaching is just silly. Real musicians aren’t “versatile” they excel in their genre. She needed to be becoming a better artist at her chosen style not flopping around trying anything she can to hold on. She started off better than most of Blake’s country team and she’s fallen by the wayside and it is sad.

• The Beach says:

“Real musicians aren’t versatile”? I beg to differ. There are some amazing musicians who excel in multiple genres,

• Danny says:

Amazing at how 2 brilliant people can have opposite opinions eh? I’m just the opposite on Amber. She’s growing on me more and more each week. I like seasons like this where they’re all over the place in my mind. Way back when I liked Judith and Sarah. Holly was my fav for a couple of weeks there. No one’s fallen out of favor, but others have passed them.

• Someone. says:

He is just trying to make her not restricted to country, like how Blake is doing with his team. Amber is capable of much more than just country. If she wants to continue singing country after the show, that’s fine. But Adam is doing his job well of giving her a wide variety of songs to sing that show her versatility as an artist.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I believe Amber is better doing pop than country, so I think she might be a crossover artist after the show.

• HTGR says:

Yeah I like that he did that. Keeps it less boring.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Amber has fallen a bit for me too. I think she needs better songs. I am not sure what Adam is doing with her… I think she just needs to stay in her lane and sing country if that’s what she’s about. She just *has* to do it better than all the others. She has been slacking a bit.

• The Beach says:

I kinda like that Adam is allowing her to show her versatility in the face of Blake’s country juggernaut. It’s opened her up to more than just country fans. I thought she was great on Rihanna’s “Stay” and the Swon Bros sure couldn’t sing “Skyfall” (although it would be a hoot to hear them try).

• Teeny Bikini says:

LOL. I guess the fact she’s still there sure does say something. I like Amber. I wouldn’t mind her sticking around…

• Lee says:

“I think she needs better songs.” I thought the Skid Row song, “I Remember You,” was a “better” song. IMO it was a lot better than Skyfall–much more gut-wrenching. I would like to see Amber do more folk rock songs. Right now it seems like most of the folk rock artists are men (Mumford & Sons, Lumineers), so it would be nice to see a female folk rock artist. I think Amber could fill that void.

• Zod says:

I want Amber to win, but I don’t think she will. That being said, Adam can just sign her to his label after the show ends.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Amber is definitely my second choice after Michelle for the win. I just don’t think she’s driving enough momentum at this point…. But anything can happen…

• Daisy says:

I agree with you Zod. I want Amber to win it too, but I don’t think she will. If she were to do an album though, I would very likely buy it. I would also consider buying an album of Michelle’s too. There’s something about Amber’s voice that really draws me in and it’s especially showcased when she sings duets with other people–it’s *her* voice that I want to listen to. I really, really like her.

• Sieves says:

Adam is definitely not changing her into something she’s not. Amber has sang pop outside of this show before. Go check YouTube. I think Adam is pushing her in some ways, but Amber always has a say and if something like that occurred where Adam was trying to mold Amber into something she absolutely isn’t (*cough*Blake*cough*), she would stand up for herself. She’s a firecracker, remember? ;)

Why people seem to think Adam is a bad coach is beyond me. He’s a risk-taker yes, but at least he is not boring. He truly cares about his contestants and seeing them thrive.

• Sieves says:

*has sung

• People think he’s a bad coach because season after season he starts with the Best team after the blinds and he can’t hold on or get America to care enough to vote for them. Song choice, the way he presents them, the way he interacts with them. Like last week saying mean things because Amber was saved and making angry pouting faces at her and not even getting up to congratulate her and now that she’s all he has, he’s hugging her and stuff. It is fake and annoying and that filters down to his team. But really, he picks a lot of tired awful songs (everything Sarah Simmons sang).

• Will says:

^If you think Mama Knows Best is a tired, awful song, then you’re wrong.

• Lee says:

If you think I Remember You is an old and tired song–you’re wrong.

• ETG says:

Michelle!!!! :-D

• Michelle, indeed! Let’s break away to a place where there are no divas-just humble, talented people with stage presence and an iconic squat!

• Teeny Bikini says:

I love that durn squatting! It’s the best! I will vote for her until she wins!

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

The squatting! That’s the fourth sing I love most about Michelle, with the top 3 being her voice, her gigantic glasses, and her random/totally awesome punches in the air!

• Teeny Bikini says:

The punches are pretty dope too. Most definitely :)

• CL says:

I noticed this week that her choreographers seem to have trained her out of squatting and punching, for the most part. It isn’t depicted on the show but she is working with members of the Beat Freaks (from ABDC) and it really shows. I think they are encouraging her to kneel instead of squat, at least most of the time, and also work on her footwork. The difference from last week (when it looked like she was doing the potty dance during Sweet Nothing) and this week was astounding.

(Wait, did someone say this is a SINGING competition?…)

• Teeny Bikini says:

Oh, really. That’s interesting. I did notice she only did one squat. It’s really sad that I know that ;)

• Beezers says:

I really liked Michelle when she did her hard rock numbers. I felt they really suited her voice and her mannerisms. Although I think she’s done well and has grown, I just don’t like her singing all those quiet songs in falsetto. She’s a powerhouse, not a mouse.

• nina says:

There are no words for how much I love Michelle. The voice, the look, the squats, the air punches… and the EMOTION that she can evoke. I just love her.

Also, her pre-Voice music is phenomenal. The girl can produce the hell out of a track as well as sing it.

• The Beach says:

And I think she’s going to get a big push from Usher in her recording career. He’s certainly got the connections and they seem to genuinely care for one another.

• Para says:

Amen to that!

• Jaymey says:

Danielle and Michelle will definitely be the Final Two, even though vocally I think Amber beats them both.

• Scared for Danielle. I remember a singer called Karen Carpenter who was very successful for a monotone. Danielle needs to hit all of the power points within her range and I am convinced she still doesn’t know what that range is.

• Angie_Overrated says:

I’m not a huge Danielle fan, but I don’t think your criticism is fair. We’ve heard a pretty wide swath of her vocal range. She’s nailed some very low notes and had a few impressive glory notes on the top. I am NOT endorsing her, but I do give credit where credit is due.

• Jan1 says:

Danielle is no Karen Carpenter. Please.

• David says:

Karen Carpenter was the most successful female singer of the seventies; no other female vocalist introduced as many standards in American popular music as Karen did. Calling a legendary singer like Karen Carpenter a monotone is absurd!

• HTGR says:

1. Sasha
      2. Michelle
      3. Amber
      4. Danielle

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Sasha was amazing last night. If she keeps it up, she might just win. Though I still want Michelle to win.

• HTGR says:

Gonna be a tough road though. Danielle seems to be a lock and I think Michelle too so that only leaves one spot free for the semi (or maybe they are going four?).

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Maybe they eliminated 1 for a reason. 4 people in the finale just means more amazing performances.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I agree. I think Danielle still has enough momentum to make to the finale. I think she has been the most consistent (even if the songs are starting to sound the same). Maybe the safest road to the finale is the smartest one at this point. Next week, will be very revealing as to what the voters are thinking…

• Adrienne says:

1. Amber
        2. Danielle
        3. Michelle
        4. Sasha

• I don’t see it that way at all. I say 1. Michelle; 2. Sasha; 3. The Swon Bros-the world loves them-not to mention the Bible Belt-heck-I LOVE THEM TOO! and Amber-third.

• Gypsy says:

Between Danielle and Amber, I think Amber is a better artist but Danielle has the potential to become a star. The final three should be Michelle, Amber and Sasha. Michelle is a great performer however doesn’t have the best voice. If Amber sings something like “stay” she can win it.

• megs says:

I think Sasha, too! Reading the comments here every week, I’m always nervous she’s gonna be gone, but obviously these comment sections aren’t indicative of The Voice viewership as a whole.
        I just hope Shakira does right by her next week. Before He Cheats was a decent choice(and maybe it was strategic of her to go country given how this season’s turning out), but I don’t know that it showed off her voice the best. Sasha seems to do great picking out her own songs.

• Allen says:

1.Danielle 2 Amber 3 Swon Brothers 4 Sasha 5 Holley 10 Michelle
        for some reason my wife and I don’t like Michelle, but she is hanging in there, Like Blake said, Danielle is and will be a star even if she dosen’t win.

• Danny says:

Right now they’re all pretty close. My #1 right now is Sasha w/ Amber being #2. I almost hesitate to say this because it can come off as a dig. It’s not. I’ve liked the top 8 and have no problems w/ whoever wins. I’d have Michelle at #5 right now. Danielle and the Swon Brothers would be 3 & 4. I think more people agree w/ you though. Michelle is America’s #1 right now.

They’re all close enough for me that a good or bad week would put Sasha #5 next week or Michelle #1 next week. Holly was my #1 the 2 weeks prior to this and she went to #6 for me. Overall, I think no matter who wins America got it right.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Aww… come on, Danny #5. Is 5 the way you say 1? :) I think they are pretty even right now… They all have pretty clear strengths and weaknesses. If one of them slacks – it could mean the end…. [insert fake excitement here...]

• Okay-I hadn’t thought of that Mushnik, but it is actually doable. Thanks. I feel enlightened.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

What is Mushnik? I can’t find the definition in Google.

• HTGR says:

HMm I typed it into google and got like 30 pages right away, maybe you had a typo?
          Anyway, I had totally forgotten, but it seems to be where Little Shop of Horrors took place, Mushnik’s flower shop. Not sure why she decided to refer to you as the proprietor of a man eating flower, but whatever, haha.

• The Beach says:

I thought it was a Yiddish term of endearment but I may be way off base.

3. BBC says:

Hopefully this is the beginning of BLANDbery’s fall from #1. Anyone else FTW!

4. girlinmd says:

Michelle!!! Glad she was safe I have loved her since her audition really liked her and Sasha’s duet tonight

5. Gailer says:

Yes, the right person went home

6. Joshua says:

It’s crazy how last week’s results defied all logic, but then this week (and all previous weeks) have been utterly predictable. Whatchu on, America? Anyway, it was all for the best, as Holly wasn’t going to win anyway.

7. HTGR says:

So glad Sasha made it. Great to see Michelle too (although I really had zero worry) and Amber (a teeny bit of worry). Danielle obviously made it.
    Liked the duets tonight. Got some nice 80s Madonna and Bangles and Holly did well with Swon Bros. Heck she should join them, they sounded better together than apart. They seemed to ground her and she seemed to add a lot vocally to them.

8. Davey says:

Amber really held her own with Danielle in the duet.

• Kayseigh says:

Held her own? She totally outsang Danielle, as usual. It just makes you wonder why people vote the way they do – why is Danielle a frontrunner over Amber when Amber has a bigger range, takes risks, and is more versatile?

• ETG says:

Amber is pretty but doesn’t have the “cutesy little girl” factor that Danielle has. It disgusts me that people vote for that….

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Why didn’t Haley and Amanda Brown win? Because the world is not fair. The same reason why Amber is not a frontrunner.

• Will says:

Moreover, why didn’t Michelle Brooks Thompson beat Amanda in their knockout round even though she clearly won? Same reason.

• Jeanine says:

Michelle who? Exactly. Amanda had stand-out moments with “Vision of Love” and “Paris Ooh La La” (memorable as evidenced by actually recalling the songs without looking them up). Amanda was a rocker, while Michelle was your typical R&B diva. Michelle was by no means a “clear” winner.

• Will says:

^Michelle Brooks Thompson. The woman who beat Amanda handily in their knockout round. Sad that you don’t remember the woman that blew Christina away with her vocal firepower. Her Proud Mary and Spotlight (Also remembered without looking them up) were definitely above Amanda’s performances of Vision and Paris. You can appeal to singing style all you want but the R&B diva owned the rocker, and Amanda got chosen for being an “interesting” contestant rather than actually winning her round, similar to Caroline Glaser beating Amy Whitcolm this season. Granted, I don’t think they should have been paired together in the first place, but as it stands, that’s how it is.

• HTGR says:

yeah, not.

• SnoreBro says:

Amber Carrington almost made it look like she flew in to do a duet with a Voice contestant last night.

• nina says:

Uhh, Amber dominated that duet!

• Amber surpassed Danielle in that duet, son.

• SnoreBro says:

LOL! I’m comparing it to the Janelle and Kree duet on Idol, when Nicki said “Kree almost made it look like she flew in to do a duet with an Idol contestant today,” In this case Amber almost made it look like she flew in to do a duet with a Voice contestant (Danielle) last night.

• Matrix says:

Wow! I read these and went back to watch- totally disagree bi love Amber but Danielle’s voice is better. It cuts through to another level. Think Amber bias is coloring the comparison. I think it’s pushing it to say either one dominated. Seriously?

9. NedPepper says:

Came a week too late. Only checked this to see if Blake’s reign of boredom continued. Still, I’m done with this season. Hopefully Cee Lo will bring back the fun in this show next fall.

10. TheFactsR says:

Sure did! I wanted Sasha,Amber,Swon Brothers to stay and they did!

11. Looks like it’s down to just four girls and those handsome Swoon brothers.

12. debi says:

My faves
    1. Danielle
    2. The Swon Brothers
    3. Amber
    4. Michelle
    5. Sasha

13. A says:

It’s so sad how rigged this show seems. How is it fair that both of Adam’s contestants were eliminated last week because of the double elimination, yet this week they decide to do a single elimination probably to keep Blake with two more contestants. It’s really annoying. He deserves to have two contestants taken away like Adam had and why does he seem to getting the special treatment with having a single elimination the week that he is the only one with three people. They should have had a double elimination this week with Holly and the Swon Bros. leaving each coach with one contestant to level the playing field.

Ultimately this season of The Voice started off amazingly for me with the new additions to the coaching panel as well as the early talent, however, now it has become an unbearable countryfest. And this is coming from a person who actually enjoys country music. I miss the diversity of this show and looking forward to a wide range of performances from different genres. Now all I think about when watching is that they are all going to sing damn old country songs that I’ve never heard of and/or are boring as hell. Really? Oaky Muscoky or whatever that song’s called and anything else that the Swon Bros sing. They are so boring to me. I pretty much hate all their song choices except American Girl and Drift Away. Also, Blake needs to cool it with the Oklahoma card. I am okay with it when hearing about the devastating events that happened but when it comes to them always rambling on about them being Okies I can’t stand it anymore. Enough already we get it.
    I am really happy that Christina and Cee Lo are returning. At least that’s somewhat of a guarantee that there will be a little more diversity along with Adam’s team. Not that I dislike Shakira and Usher, but not a fan of Shakira’s song choices (although Cee Lo’s choices aren’t any better but still…) and Usher is just plain boring in the live shows. Hope next season is better and that Amber or Michelle wins this season.

• HTGR says:

I think they actually did it to try to make sure Sasha and Amber were both safe, not to help Blake. As it turned out, perhaps Blake would have lost two this week, but who was to know and we still don’t know for sure.

• trimaran12 says:

While I feel your pain about Blake having so many contestants in the competition, I don’t think that is why they went to a single elimination. I think they are trying to keep as many of the coaches in the mix that they can, as long as possible. A double elimination could have eliminated one or two of Adam, Shakira or Usher. The decision was made before the performances and the vote so they didn’t know how well Michelle would poll, or how badly Holly would do.

• A says:

Hmm I see you’re point and that’s true. Though, considering how the bottom two actually were from Blake’s team it could have worked out in favor of eliminating Team Blake. I get that they couldn’t foresee it. Doesn’t make it suck any less. Blake has been particularly annoying this season.

• trimaran12 says:

Sorry, west coast here, spoiling myself. I didn’t know they announced an actual bottom two. But they are not psychic so they couldn’t know how well some of the performances would go over before that decision.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

Same here (West Coast). But I knew it was going to be Holly, unfortunately. Just by all the polls ad itunes, etc. This week was so predictable. If the Swon Bros leave next, that each coach will have 1 each. That’s what I’m hoping for. But since the Swon Bros are the only guys left, I would not be surprised if Amber or Sasha left before the duo. They lasted this long and I think these factors are working for them. Only guys left, Blakes team, Country, WGWG factor, and their fun personalities are shining through. Also, they have all those mom’s and grand mama’s voting for those two nice sweet fellows for their daughters. If they can change up their songs. Like making a rock song into a country version and give a epic performance. Who knows?

• Zod says:

They did that last season. They didn’t want an only-Blake final so they made it top three instead of top two. Why pay those coaches big bucks if only one of them is doing anything? Let’s be honest here — the show cares more about the coaches than the singers, otherwise they’d put more effort into promoting their winners. Cassadee’s getting a major push for her career, but it’s not coming from NBC.

• Mike says:

Did anyone watch the show last year? They did the same thing, just a week later(with Trevin). It’s so they can have a 3 person finale. No conspiracy theories here. Whether it would have happened this week or next, if they voters want the team Blake people gone, they’ll get their way.

• I actually think they did it just in case so that they’d have a top 4 and at least one non-Blake contestant…same as last year making it a top 3 all of a sudden, so it wasn’t all team Blake.

• Serendipitydooda says:

Is it guaranteed that Christina is returning? Because I like Shakira waaaaay more. Hoping Michelle, Amber or Sasha wins….I have no clue how the Swon Brothers lasted this long, and Danielle is just blah.

• A says:

Yes it has been confirmed that the coaches will be alternating the next two seasons with Christina and Cee Lo returning for season 5 and Shakira and Usher back for season 6.

• Sheilalala says:

Shout out to A and Bogey, I always agree with you 100%. SOOOOOO relieved that Amber didn’t get *Amanda Browned*. If Holly was saved, I would literally have cancelled my Tivo season pass. This season just got interesting again! Damn Blake and his marketing prow…actually, scratch that-Adam Levine, get off your a$$ and do some endearing publicity stuff/stunts and fan outreach! Usher’s draggin in Taylor and in Oklahoma and YOU are ?? Deciding if its a ‘shave’ or 5 o’clock shadow day? Thank the 1000s of your fans on twitter who apparently voted through the night for your girl-just to support you. Frikking wake up Mr. Fabulous.
      1. Amber (PLEASE be gifted with another ‘Stay’ or ‘Skyfall’. No boring country ballads. Quirky ballad like ‘Brand New Key’ could be awesome-smile more too girl-your worry shows on your face.Just copy goofy Danielle)

2. Sasha/Michelle-Either one could pull ahead for me if they kill the right song. It might be time for Sasha to do a slow, moving song like the acoustic version of Jessie J’s. ‘Who You Are’.

3. Danielle-Keep on truckin’ with the Pam Tillis I guess?

4. Snore Bros-I really like you guys as people, just annoyed that my faves got punted for you. How about going out strong with ‘Keep Your Hands to Yourself’ by Georgia Satellites?

• Lilandra says:

To suggest that Amber was in danger of getting ‘Amanda Browned’ would imply that Amber is at the same insane level of sheer vocality and talent that Amanda’s at – which she’s not. Amber is great, undeniably talented but NOT in the same league as Amanda Brown. Judith Hill, on the other hand, was definitely ‘Amanda Browned’.

14. That_Gurl22 says:

I’m Sooo glad to see Blake’s team broken up! To bad it wasn’t Danelle going home instead. I don’t have a problem with country music but Blake is just pushing country music down our throats. I def would like to see either Sasha or Michelle win this!

• Danny says:

Good point. I’ll let Blake know that next season he should be pushing rap down our throats.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

There’s Country rap? I wonder if Blake is down with that?

• The Beach says:

Actually, there is. It’s call hick-hop.

• Sheilalala says:

Ya, Blake was doing it in the weird section before his ‘Boys Round Here’. There was something about not ‘doing the Dougie in Kentucky’ and hick hock ‘call and response’ with the backup singer

• specialfx says:

You’re kidding right? Obviously you are not a Country fan, so should those of us who are, start complaining that R&B or Pop/Rock is being crammed down out throats by the other coaches?

• AlyB says:

If 4 of the top 6 had been R&B singers and 3 of them didn’t ever sing anything but R&B their entire time on the show, you’d probably be saying exactly that. I would guess people would be whining endlessly that those singers couldn’t show any diversity, weren’t stretching themselves and an all R&B show was boring. You know that’s exactly what would happen. Why are you so surprised that people feel the same way about country?

You can’t say the other coaches are pushing any genre exclusively except for Blake with country because it’s just not true.

• Allen says:

Country is whats happining! No one forces it on us, Danielle is the best one , bet she will be a bigger star then the rest of them.

15. Sarah says:

I’M PISSED HOLLY WENT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ed says:

Well, all things considered, she was the least popular person in the top 6.

• A says:

I always felt like Holly was the contestant that was most expendable for Blake. There wasn’t that same enthusiasm that he demonstrates to his other contestants. He’s obsessed with Danielle and the Swon Bros were his duo and they shared that Oaky thing, but there didn’t seem to be much connection with Holly IMO.

16. Heather says:

I LOVE Michelle and Amber!!! I would be happy if either won! They have been surprising me and keeping me entertained since their auditions. Keep doing what your doing ladies!!!

• Daisy says:

ITA with you. I’m really hoping for an Amber win, but would be very happy with Michelle. That being said, i don’t think Amber *will* win, but I would absolutely love it if she did!

17. That_Gurl22 says:

I’m not saying he gotta do “Rap” -_- but all the other teams give there artists a chance to do different things each week. It’s gets boring after a while….country…we get it!

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

Speaking of Rap. Surprised no country rap on the Voice? I would like to see Willie Jones of the X-Factor try out on the voice, how about a act like Cowboy Troy?

• No, Michelle’s never done anything but indie pop. Amber and Sasha have jumped around. This is Blake’s first year with country. You should really blame all the stupid contestants that jumped on Team Adam in the blinds. For every 4 chair turn he wins there’s a great artist that is on a horribly unbalanced team lining up for a slaughter. Blake keeps the best he has whether that’s pop or Latino or country or R&B or rock. This season the only people who would pick him were country artists–everyone else has apparently never watched because there is a reason Blake keeps winning and it isn’t just country. He makes you likable, he even made Jermaine Paul likable and that is a feat. If Blake hadn’t had Cassadee he would have won with Terry–he almost did win with Terry. Adam runs his team into the ground, so great diverse artists fall due to poor song choices and mismanagement. But they chose Team Adam. That’s hardly Blake’s fault. (I’m still sad Midas Whale is gone though, what were they thinking!!)

• Sheilalala says:

No offense, but to say Blake *always* keeps his best regardless of genre is a *pile-o-crap.* He dumped Luke Edgemon and many other talents to remain #teamcountry

• Zod says:

Tell that to Liz Davis.

• Zod says:

Casey Muessigmann, Jordan Rager, Liz Davis, Patrick Thomas, Gwen Sebastian, Kelly Crapa and a few others would like to have a word with you. The first three seasons, Blake was accused quite often of throwing his country singers under the bus and a bunch of internet ragers like yourself were posting about how no country singer should pick Blake if they want to make it far. In the battle rounds alone, Blake had country singers do straight up rock against rockers, and a country singer do straight up pop against a pop/reggae singer. Guess who won?

• A) Luke wasn’t that good–at best he was this season’s Cody Belew and B) he wasn’t Blake’s. He was one of two pity steals C) Blake easily could have gone with a country guy last season over Terry and he didn’t and Casey had a great voice.

18. paula says:

Funny how some make light of Blake and Country but Michelle did a Tayor Swift. Sasha’ s Cartridge Underwood. Makes me think that was a way to steal some votes from Blake’s s team. He’s s crazy like a fox.

• nina says:

Okay, I Knew You Were Trouble is HARDLY a country song in the traditional and modern sense of the genre. It has some electronic and dubstep influence, which is what Michelle is more inclined to do. Taylor Swift is hardly a country artist these days.

19. AlyB says:

Yay! I wanted Michelle, Amber and Sasha to move forward and they made it. Danielle was a given. It was Holly’s time. It could have been her or the Swon’s tonight and I would have been fine with it. There was definitely a redundancy of blonde country singers and she was the weakest among them so this worked out just fine.

20. Jacqi says:

I really hope Michelle can pull out the win this season. I didn’t like her at first but she has grown on me and she has grown throughout the competition. I still like Danielle will win the whole season but I am rooting for Michelle to pull it out. Not shocked that Holly went home, she was low in the iTunes chart when I checked this afternoon.

21. Adam Fachry says:

Watch The Swon Bros take the crown lol. Make no mistake, I like them, but I don’t want them to win. I just find it funny if they smehow manage to win when anyone pretty much is counting them out at the moment.

22. Tom says:

My top three right now are Sasha, Amber, and Michelle. Hopefully they all make it to the finals but I doubt it because of D Blandbery.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Oh, that would be a shocker. It might be tough though… That would be one great finale. It’s gonna be hard to get rid of Danielle. They’d have to lock her in a closet or something… Otherwise, her songs are still in the Top 20 consistently…

• Sheilalala says:

All it will take is her insisting on a song that’s got too many notes in her underdeveloped lower register, Blake registering it being ‘just ok’ and the smile dropping from her face. I promise.

23. Simon Cowell Jr says:

So, predictable those itunes rankings. Leaves no suspense. Holly eliminated. I don’t like that they don’t get to sing a swan song. Even a 30 seconds to thank their fans on TV.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Oh, I agree. They did Holly wrong. They pretty much made sure she was eliminated. Oh well, I think she should be pretty happy with her accomplishment.

• Simon Cowell Jr says:

I really felt sad by the way they leave, it’s like no closure. Not sure if you watch that Sing Off. Not even sure if it’s on anymore. They give the eliminated group time to say bye and a swan song. American Idol at least give time to sing a swan song. Blake should of experimented with Holly and gave her non country songs and make it country or what ever. Like what Amber is doing. I like both Holly and Amber, but Amber a tad bit more. Amber reminds me of Carrie Underwood.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Oh, I know. It was a bit sad. She was such a nice girl. I think Blake tried to do his best by her – and all of his singers really. But he can’t do everything. She just needs a little more time to flower and grow. She’ll be fine…

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Other changes they should make is to do less double eliminations. That means more performances and more time for the contestants to grow. I would love it if Carlson announced the results quicker so the contestants can sing a swan song.

• analythinker says:

Carson tweeted a few days ago (I think) that NBC wants all the drama they can get in the result show, so all the questions to the contestants and the dragging… it’s an order.

• Those songs as they are bawling their eyes out are foolish and cruel. Stop a being saddist, Simon, because you are doing it without a pleasurable end result=doing it badly.

24. Beezers says:

I can see why Danielle sells the most songs. Her voice is lovely. But I’m so tired of her non-expressive face when she sings, other than a little smile once in awhile. Yes, she’s young, but it’s like she’s not even hearing the song she’s singing, let alone relating to it. I always thought she would get better in time, as she ages and gets more experience, but seeing the video of her sister on Monday showed that her sister basically has the same non-expressive affect, which made me wonder.

I thought Sasha did a great job on Monday, but she doesn’t always give it her all like that. If she can keep it up, she could win.

Amber is my favorite at this point.

• AB says:

You are right on, Beezers. Danielle has no expression whatsoever. Danielle’s voice may be lovely but it’s going to take something more to turn her into a country superstar. I really think that’s the biggest problem with having all of Blake’s country singers–they just aren’t that great. He passed on established country girl Julie Roberts in the blind rounds, and she can sing circles around all these little children (except For Adam’s Amber, maybe…)

• MC says:

The music business doesn’t work that way. A performer basically has a couple of chances to make it big before they are 30. A label will almost never choose to promote an older (30+) artist over a completely new, or much younger, artist. I’m not saying this is always the correct decision artistically, but marketability trumps art every time in the business world.

• specialfx says:

We have to remember he wasn’t the only one to pass on Julie Roberts. You can’t expect him to turn for every county artist. He didn’t turn for Amber which actually surprised me.

• The Beach says:

I think Blake (and Usher and Shakira) were full and couldn’t turn their chairs by the time Amber auditioned. Adam was the only one left with an opening and he turned for Amber.

• Jane.Cl says:

Blake’s team was full but sakira and usher both had one spot left not sure if this is right but i believe it is.
            Totally agree about danielel she always has the same expresion on and its iratating. She has a nice voice but her expersionless face ruins her it so she will probably win (like cassadee another person who should not have won) though im not a fan either way. Also blake seems to have sour grapes about amber(“it was good” really thats all you could say blake)
            1.Amber
            2.Michelle (just barely over sasha)
            2.Sasha
            4.Danielle (honestly only by default because im not a fan of swon bros or her but she def. better than them)
            5.Swon brothers
            I know its probably not going to happen but i hope aleast amber, michelle and sasha make it to the end and one of then will win preferably Amber.

• Allen says:

To me Danielle is already better then Taylor and Carrie

• CL says:

She looked like she was singing karaoke tonight. Reading the words for the first time. So weird. Emotion/attitude/charisma is so crucial with the teen market and if you don’t have it by 16 then when?

25. senor skippy says:

I think Holly and The Swon Bros. could be a great Lady Antebellum knockoff.

• SnoreBro says:

The poor man’s Lady Antebellum. Starring Holly Tucker as Hillary Scott. Hey I think they can be a great group. Really, I read quite a few comments on that performance on youtube saying the same thing.

26. Jane says:

My problem with Blake’s coaching, PREDICTABLE. He plays it safe, while obviously America has fallen in love with his country group, quite boring. Shakira, Usher, and Adam don’t play it safe with song choices, etc. Obviously, being risky could cause you the competition (Judith Hill) still excites the audience members, when you at least take chances. Give Danielle an R & B track! I would love to see her take a stab at it.

27. Kaitie says:

I really dont get this stretching thing shes a country artist what do you want her to do go up and rap a song? I mean this is the kind of artist she wants to be

• nina says:

Maybe not a rap song, but an uptempo song perhaps? Maybe something more acoustic? Danielle has been singing mid tempo songs all season, and although her voice is beautiful, each song is indistinguishable. Especially since she doesn’t emote at all.

• SnoreBro says:

I agree, I’m tired of hearing the same mid temple songs the past few weeks that Blake is giving her. I think the perfect up temple country song for Danielle to sing, LeAnn Rimes – ‘Something’s Gotta Give’. You hear that Blake!

28. Scott says:

Holly might have done better if she wasn’t one of the first three performances every single week since the battle rounds. I do with they’d had a double elimination this week so the Swon Brothers could have gone too. Loving Sasha and Michel! I’m been skipping team Blake’s performances for a few weeks now, they’re so boring and predictable. I don’t think Danielle has shown any emotion whilst singing all season.

29. kaba says:

What the hell.
    Did anyone notice that Sasha literally got 400k views in over a night?
    “Before He Cheats” has the most views out of any live performance song this season on youtube so far…
    Oh..

30. megs says:

Well, that was pretty much the most anti-climactic episode of any television show ever. Those two were the expected bottom 2(although just b/c the Swons were there doesn’t mean they actually had the 2nd least votes, right?), and Holly was the one everyone “knew” was going home.
    The songs tonight were weird- Open Your Heart and Eternal Flame? Both good songs, but they were just….weird…idk.
    Cassadee did well- hit all her notes great as usual, but Wasted Tears>Wasting All These Tears. #haliensknowwhatimtalkinabout ;)

• thedeviledadvocate says:

Haley is my all time favorite singer from these singing competitions. Danielle has sang her way to being my second favorite.

• Linda says:

Yeay! I reference to the sublime and delightly Haley! She, Adam Lambert and now Candice, are my favorite voices from the last 5 seasons of Idol. And Haley, as a songwriter, is just truly amazing. I still keep hoping that somehow her CD will take off for her … the songs are just so amazingly good.

31. Catfish says:

I thought all of the duets were good enough tonight to make a good show. It was predictable that Holly was eliminated; now I think her voters will tend to drift more toward the other girls than to the Swon Bros. – so I expect the Bros. to be next-out.

32. kaba says:

Can we point out that Danielle literally performs at the level I’d expect at a talent show almost?
    She literally JUST sings. Nothing more and nothing less. She’s that cute girl in a talent show that sings well and just sings but does nothing more.

33. thedeviledadvocate says:

I love Danielle’s songs, and apparently so do many others. Currently, on itunes country chart, Danielle has 8 songs in the top 125 country songs. So, while some people may find her boring, there are quite a few people willing to buy her songs.

34. Sarah says:

Amber is my new #1 (since Sarah was voted off)

I think Michelle’s great, but honestly, I dont think she has the best voice- I just dont get how she made it so far. I’m not trying to be mean. Clearly America sees/hears something that I’m missing.

Danielle just bores me. SHe has a beautiful voice, but she doesnt connect to her songs and infuses little personality into them.

Swon Bros just crack me up I think their adorable.

35. kaba says:

I’m starting to go back to that realm of not giving a rats ass about Sasha. Initially I felt she was generic and boring, just another typical powerhouse black female singing songs solely for the sake of showing how big of a note she can hit and how big she’ll hit it and how many times she’ll hit a big note before the song is over. Then I started liking her…now I’m just like “meh…whatever”.
    Because I’m in the minority that didn’t think much of “Before He Cheats” I really didn’t and don’t think much of it at all. And someone needs to tell her to stop trying to growl or whatever it is she’s doing when she’s literally bleating notes harder than Shakira does.
    All her performances seem centralized around the grandeur of the bigness of the notes and how high her range can go and I’m so…idk just not interested anymore.
    As for Amber :/….she peaked with “Stay” and has yet to perform at that level since (I don’t see Skyfall on par with Stay)….

I pretty much only like Michelle :/

• Sheilalala says:

Yes Kaba, we know, because you reply back against any even marginal criticism or observation of Michelle as ‘a complete untruth’ despite people pointing out that its just their opinions. I’m beginning to think you ARE Michelle..

• Linda says:

I LOVED Sarah’s version of “The Story”, though … bought it on itunes and it is FABULOUS. She was not as consistent as I would have liked, but her voice was so incredibly interesting with the rawness and the softness … with some true vocal coaching I think she could be a terrific artist.

Michelle’s voice keeps surprising me .. her tone is just so smooth. I’m not sure how much volume she has … and why she doesn’t have more. Would like to see her develop that side of her voice. But as a human, she is so much fun to watch and feels so genuine and likable … that it make me root for her to win this whole shebang.

• Lilandra says:

Lol @ ‘as a human’ – that reminded me of her audition when she said something to the tune of ‘i’d like to thank all of you amazing humans for turning around’ cue Blake’s offended face. And also her ‘didn’t know those were question eyebrows’ to Usher. Oh Michelle! ^_^

• Sheilalala says:

Sarah Simmons is the Voice 2013 to me. I bought all her songs and YESSS ‘The Story’ has been on my top played tunes for weeks. I loved all her performances, but I know what you are saying-she had a tendency to drop off on her lower register when singing live. Her studio work is insane, and that is why she is, and will be one of Blake’s favorite singer’s of all time, and Adam’s too. In a season without the likes of Danielle BLANDbery and #teamstepfordcountry, it might have been forgiven, but people would rather squeal over a 16 year old singing an easy song about sugar trees than forgive a multi-faceted artist for taking risks and not doing it ‘perfectly’ live. (NO ONE sings perfectly live) Sarah is working on an album as we speak, happily. I find Michelle compelling, but I haven’t been blown away enough to buy her music. (CUE Kaba Reply: “No-you are wrong. What makes someone compelling? Dut dut dut dut dut dut.”)Amber is incredible when she gets killer songs like Skyfall and Stay. I truly hope she wins.

• kaba says:

You must enjoy having me around because you’re consistently mentioning me and complaining about me.
          Soo I’ll just finish this right here. I’ll support who I choose to support regardless of your useless snaps at me for how I choose to support them. But trust me when I say I do not care enough about you to sink to your level of being so flustered I can’t quit mentioning you, so yeah.

• Jane.C.L says:

Agree i loved love Sarah Simmons she was my favorite. i didnt think she would win(hoped) but still she was really unique and her voice was awesome. I too want Amber to win but im sure Danielle BLANDbery will win unfortunately. i can’t understand why people like Danielle over Amber but to each their own.

36. Ram510 says:

After all that flack American Idol caught for having an all female final there’s no way The Swon Bros aren’t going to make the finale. America may not save them but NBC will.

• megs says:

American Idol caught WAY more flack for having “White Guys With Guitars” win the FIVE seasons prior to Candice. People were mad at how transparent the producers were in manipulating the show to have a female winner, not necessarily the fact that it was a female.
      That being said, The Voice hasn’t had a WGWG in the final, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Swons made it that far, if only for the sake of having diverse winners.

37. kaba says:

If Usher can make Justin Bieber piggishly famous, I don’t think Michelle will be a tough problem.

• Beezers says:

That’s the truth! The only reason he became famous is because teen girls tend to like female looking boy singers. Once they start getting more masculine (which I don’t see happening with Justine, LOL), the teen girls aren’t interested in them anymore. Maybe Bieber’s career will last longer because of his girly looks (despite his douchy behavior).

38. twighlight123 says:

SASHA AND MICHELLE!!! that’s all. thanks for listening.

39. chrysta says:

Ha ha , I noticed that Danielle didn’t have that customary smirk on her face that she usually has during the eliminations!She actually looked slightly worried for a change and her relief at being chosen was obvious!

40. Catfish says:

While the oddsmakers can be wrong, it’s a usually losing proposition to bet against them in the long run. That means that the Swon Bros. have about a 20 to 1 or less, chance of winning. Not very good with only 5 left. ………

Sasha has her expanding fan base, Amber is getting noticed more now, and no longer competing with Holly for a certain bloc of votes, Danielle is sure and steady in the top 3, Michelle has had a surge as the most entertaining performer – the Bros. will have to pull-out an amazing crowd-pleaser to stand a chance next week.

41. Jenny says:

Finally the country takeover is getting smaller. Holly seems like a nice girl, but she is soooo boring when she’s performing! Danielle has a beautiful voice and I praise her for making it look effortless, but she’s just singing, she gives no emotion! That’s why she doesn’t deserve to win The Voice. On the other hand, Amber and Michelle are the whole package! Happy if either win.

42. CL says:

Anyone else think Michelle will sing an Usher song before the season is over?

43. Catfish says:

If the show is about the best, most fun-loving entertainer that can also sing, then Michelle will win…………….. however, if it’s about “The Voice” she will not quite compare to Amber, Danielle or Sasha. I don’t think she can ace all 3 of them — but she does make the show more interesting to watch.

• Claudia says:

Listen to her recordings before you make this statement.

• nina says:

This. ^^^^ Michelle has the best and most interesting pre-Voice music. She produced and mixed everything herself. Just watch her YouTube. She’s incredibly talented.

44. SnoreBro says:

Holly is good. Her voice is really strong, but the audience knows exactly what to expect from her every week. We all know that she can sing Martina McBride songs and Martina McBride songs. The problem with Holly is Amber Carrington can sing Martina McBride songs much better than she can. Never let someone beat you at your niche, Holly! Therefore you are eliminated! It’s as easy as pie!

45. Karen says:

My 2 cents, I think Michelle could win and part of me hopes she does. That said, I am still rooting for Amber to win. Amber has more range and is the better singer overall. Sasha is a great singer, but tends to do too much sometimes, still I would be okay if she wins. Danielle, I agree with all the previous posters, bland, predictable, no emotion, range. But I felt the same way about Casadee Pope last season. Still do. But I think Casadee has more stage presence than Danielle. If you could mix her with Sasha, both would be improved. When Danielle and Amber sang together, I was again struck with how much more Amber puts into a song. OH Swon Bros, I believe will be singing a swan song next week.

46. Linda says:

I adore Michelle. She’s by far my favorite (I also really liked Sarah Simmons but, alas, she is gone). I tend to like the more unusual quirky contestants, though. Last season, Nicholas was my favorite, and Juliette was my favorite the second season. And I loved both of Blake’s girls and Beverly McClellan in the first season. I just hope that when Michelle makes a CD (and she will), that she follows her instincts and doesn’t get it over-produced. I have purchased many of my favorite singers’ cd’s after the show and been very disappointed with how over-produced they are. I want to hear the quirkiness and my singer’s VOICE.

As far as Danielle …. did anyone else notice during the taped portion of her rehearsal with Blake that, even though she was singing a song that was about having your lover ONLY be nice to you when he thought he was losing you (I’ve been there and done that – a very painful way to have a relationship), that she was grinning throughout. I can certainly understand that, at 16, she has limited life experience. But I think she should pay attention to the words she’s singing and have some empathy / identification with the lyrics. If not, choose a different song.

• nina says:

Michelle is my favorite as well… The way she evokes emotion is unmatched. She’s wonderful. I don’t think that you need to be worried about her post-Voice productions though. You should look up the music that she released prior to the show (s/he, Ella Riot, The Reverb Junkie)– she produced and mixed it herself. She can do anything!

47. SnoreBro says:

Maybe Sasha’s wearing the red dress, and later, ripped it off to reveal a tiny black number, becoming Sasha Fierce was a great move. The youtube views of that ‘Before He Cheats’ performance has over 400,000 views already. It made the performance the most memorable of the night and put Sasha back on the radar.

• SnoreBro says:

I did not know Sasha was a back up singer for Christina. Christina tweeted:
      Christina Aguilera ‏@xtina
      I hear my longtime background singer @SashaAllenMusic is STILL GOING on #TheVoice!! Go #TeamShakira LET’S WIN this thing!!!

48. contryy no.1 says:

1. danielle
    2. Amber
    3. Michelle
    4. Sasha

49. Jack says:

Danielle surprised me on Eternal Flame with those high notes on the chorus. She’ll be very good with a bit more experience.

50. Caitlin says:

I’m sorry but I HATED the “Leave the Pieces” cover. Holly had a few nice runs but it had quite a few crap notes, and it was just missing the energy of the original. My opinion, but I’m surprised at all the love for it.