Shameless Shocker: Justin Chatwin Not Returning In Season 4 - Find Out Jimmy's Fate!

Shameless Justin Chatwin Not ReturningWell, this is a shame: Justin Chatwin‘s Shameless days are done.

The Showtime drama’s executive producer John Wells revealed the casting shocker Tuesday night at a TV Academy Emmy panel, announcing that the actor’s beloved alter ego Jimmy will not return for Season 4.

A rep for the series later expanded upon Wells’ initial remarks, telling The Hollywood Reporter that Chatwin “could return for one or two episodes” next season.

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

Chatwin’s Jimmy — who’s been part of Shameless since its pilot as Fiona’s love interest — was last seen seemingly marching to his watery grave at the behest of a thug employed by his secret wife’s drug lord father. (As reported by TV Guide Magazine, Wells confirmed during the panel that Jimmy did in fact die.)

Shameless’ Jimmy-less Season 4, meanwhile, is slated to bow in early 2014.

Are you sad to see Jimmy go? Had you already predicted his demise? Hit the comments.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. Tee says:

Any man who gets with Fiona must be a masochist. She is incredibly mean to her men. Look at V and Kev – albeit they don’t have 5 kids to care for BUT no matter what crisis is going on in their lives, they still manage to show kindness and affection towards each other. He tried to be so generous with her, when he had it. She turned him down left and right except for the washer. Then when his money got funny, she looked down on him for not having any money. Furthermore, I think Fiona is selfish – she expects everyone to help her but is rarely fully there for her friends -like crazy Jasmine when she needed a place to crash for a few days. She’s just as broken as Karen and Mandy but it just manifests itself in a different way.

Also what so offensive about him saying they lived in a slum? It’s the friggin truth…

Finally, Mandy is ape sh!t crazy but I wish she would’ve killed Karen with that car. Karen was the most evil and manipulative person on the show. I hate that her post accident state of mind, totally erased her evil…

2. Gbg thigh says:

I hope Steve/Jimmy died a slow and painful death.

3. Niiji says:

OMG!!! TELL ME IT’S NOT TRUE!!! JIMMY CAN’T BE DEAD!! I am watching the marathon this weekend to get ready for season 4 and came on-line to find out if Jimmy was returning since I didn’t see him in the promotional fliers or season 4 previews. I really was hoping that he was mot dead and was returning this season. His relationship with Fiona is what got me hooked!! I love the Gallaghers, but not sure if I can watch without Jimmy!!

4. Jan says:

I liked Steve’s/ Jimmy’s character he made the cast more balanced. Not happy if they killed him off.

5. Angie says:

I think killing Jimmy/Steve off will be the show’s demise. He was the reason I watched it and now, I do not forsee a future with the show. I think this will end Shameless.

• Francine says:

He was the reason YOU watched the show, but for others its always been about the Gallaghers. I enjoyed his character and relationship with Fiona but the show has never been only about him. It definitely wont be the shows demise.

• Pat says:

Disagree! Things are heating up with Fiona’s new fairly hot lover!

6. Karen says:

I like justin in Shameless, but didn’t like that they screwed up his family.. I guess that’s show business .. I love watching the show otherwise, just going to miss his character.. Like the kid they killed off in Boardwalk.. He was good too.. Why they kill off a good actor that is part of the show is beyond me.. I guess the writers couldn’t get Creative enough with his character..

7. Esther says:

They made us fall in love with Jimmy then took him away. What were the writers thinking when they were writing the storyline of the Brazilian wife. How silly was that? Shame on you. They could of explore the relationship of his two worlds colliding with his real family and Fiona’s family. He was great. I love the way he was beginning to fit in. The new guy sucks and he’s boring. Jimmy was so sexy. Please bring him back. He helped make the show what it is today. Please bring him back. Their storyline is what kept me watching.

• Pat says:

ok Esther- Sso Fiona isn’t exactly willd about the sex she has with the new boyfriend and overall its a boring too straight, real world storyline. Now since the hot brother has entered the picture , things are a little more interesting. I do believe that Steve will return to the show. We all love him and the writers will bring him back as he and Fiona together are hot!

8. unhappy says:

I only pay for Showtime for this show and I still stop watching it a delete my subscription to Showtime! BRING JIMMY BACK!!!!!!

9. Margie says:

I am so mad that You had Steve/ Jimmy leave for a while, then you made me so happy and excited that he returned, ONLY FOR YOU TO MAKE HIM DISAPPEAR FOR GOOD, FOREVER! I do not understand why this had to happen to all of us that are Shameless Fans!?! Well whatever Justin Chatwin does in the future I know he will be brilliant, and I will be looking for him everywhere, TV, Internet, any other place I can think of trying! He will be missed very, very much! ESPECIALLY HIS SEXY LITTLE BUTT, LOL!! I DO WISH HIM ALL THE BEST THAT ANYONE COULD WISH!!! Love you forever my friend! Love, Margie

10. gil claudio says:

he wanted to become a doctor and the best school was in Michigan not far on boat from Chicago/ so the drug lords partner was watching him take care of the Gallaghers or there all the time meaning i think the partner killed the boss and sent mike to that school to become a doctor and he will come back in time to stop the wedding between Fiona and her boss. which will probably be the 5th season

11. Myfamisworse says:

It’s called a cliffhanger. You’re not supposed to know.

12. BarbaraJean says:

I’m going to miss Jimmy/Steve. Somebody dropped the ball when they stopped writting for him. Jimmy character changed when he hooked up with another women and they forgot where his charactor was going… the end.. a druglord kills him. Writters could have changed that outcome for sure, didn’t fit into the plot.

this could be a very sussessful show.. but somebody forgot to write an outline and do some brainstorming. Bring Jimmy back, put him in medical school.. let their relationship blossom. Stop the argueing and saying hurtful things.

Jimmy needs to save Frank !

13. Bill says:

Bring jimmy back!!! Common don’t remove one of the best characters!

14. Pat says:

I can’t and won’t believe that Steve is gone. I impatiently await his return. He wasn’t taken to his death on that boat, but merely to his wifes home to get things in order for their return to the United States.

15. Robbie says:

Please bring Steve/ Jimmy back on the show he was a good fit for Fiona. Also don’t like the Debbie dating a 20 yr old. I think that is awful. And where is Ian?

16. lucy says:

They need to bring him back …
    I liked his character ,…i got so into this show but now who knows…..
    Bring steve /Jimmy back

17. Chuck says:

I was an avid fan of the original British version of Shameless for the last decade and liked the original Steve’s storyline end much better. Please bring “Steve/Jimmy” back and let Fiona runaway with him to live happily ever after like she did before. Usually the US versions of British originals are much better written (like Being Human). Please don’t let the character of Steve/Jimmy end this way. And please keep the US version of Shameless running for at least as long as the British version if not longer–It’s a terrific show!!!

18. Amy says:

Jimmy has to come back. He and Fiona had great chemistry. That is what I looked forward to. The new guy is a jerk anyway. No chemistry. You can just feel she was trying to make it work with the new guy. Mistake not bringing him back. I’ve been waiting for him to show back up. Plz being Jimmy back.

19. Lon Spector says:

The Gallager family reminds me of the Anthony family (Casey Anthony’s)
    in Orlando Fla.
    Theolona Gallager was born in the same year as Casey Anthony, and
    reminds me of her!

20. porscha says:

Honestly the show isn’t the same without Justin Chatwin. I watched the show because of him and Fiona. I really liked Steve/Jimmy! They’re chemistry and romance is what kept me interested. I always thought they were going to end up together no matter, but killing him the show ruined it. The new guy sucks. I don’t know if I wanna continue watching because I’m starting to lose interest.

21. Kathy says:

Keep jimmy he is one of the best character

22. Kayla says:

I think its total b.s that we have to wait till 2015 for the new episodes im am a shameless addict I need more sooner then waiting a whole dam year more it up! MOVE IT UP!!!! MOVE IT UP! !!!

23. Nina S says:

Ii can’t believe jimmy is gone for good. I really liked him. I hope the producers surprise the viewers and bring him back to the show.