Shameless Shocker: Justin Chatwin Not Returning In Season 4 - Find Out Jimmy's Fate!

Shameless Justin Chatwin Not ReturningWell, this is a shame: Justin Chatwin‘s Shameless days are done.

The Showtime drama’s executive producer John Wells revealed the casting shocker Tuesday night at a TV Academy Emmy panel, announcing that the actor’s beloved alter ego Jimmy will not return for Season 4.

A rep for the series later expanded upon Wells’ initial remarks, telling The Hollywood Reporter that Chatwin “could return for one or two episodes” next season.

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

Chatwin’s Jimmy — who’s been part of Shameless since its pilot as Fiona’s love interest — was last seen seemingly marching to his watery grave at the behest of a thug employed by his secret wife’s drug lord father. (As reported by TV Guide Magazine, Wells confirmed during the panel that Jimmy did in fact die.)

Shameless’ Jimmy-less Season 4, meanwhile, is slated to bow in early 2014.

Are you sad to see Jimmy go? Had you already predicted his demise? Hit the comments.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. Anna says:

Justin (Jimmy) must come back!!! I love Shameless, but it won’t be the same without Jimmy. He is my favourite character! HE CAN’T DIE :(

2. E says:

Is it bad that i want to see Fiona have a lesbian storyline with that friend that had a crush on her?

3. Maria Luisa Reyes says:

I do really love tin in his role. He is part of that show and to kill him is not right. Please let him come back. He is one of the reasons why I watch this tragic comedy of life.

4. Jeannie says:

Not fair! I so wanted to see Fiona be happy for once in her life. And he was the one who could make her feel that way. Jimmy was great for her. I’m sure there will be another love for Fiona but none that can compare to Jimmy. This so so sad! I wish he didn’t have to go.

• Mike says:

Who gave the money to Fiona? Jimmy was broke… I think he was paid to leave Fiona and go back to Brazil. He’s not dead… Jimmy was paid to leave and go to Brazil to be with the drug lords daughter and Jimmy wanted that money to be given to Fiona… If not… where did all that money come from that was given to Fiona??

5. Madgirl says:

Well I will not be watching anymore. It’s like removing Frank from the series. Made it all worthwhile to watch.

6. Debbie says:

I am so bummed Jimmy won’t be returning. And I will be totally disgusted if Fiona ends up with Tony! They are not meant to be. Will change my whole opinion of the show.

7. christy says:

Nah I agree it was time for Jimmy to go. He was havin issues with the whole family man in a slum thing n I wana see what happens with her new boss. I hope its nothing like her and Jimmy had, but gallagher-esque nontheless. I also hope Ian doesnt stay gone and I hope Lip doesnt go off to college! I dont know what to think about where Frank went this last season though…

8. yolanda says:

I’d just like to know when season 4 starts

9. Wendell says:

They shouldn’t kill him off the show…. Jimmy was the reason I watched the show .. He carried the thrill another direction …

10. gracie says:

let them kill jimmy, just like steve (i.e the names) was killed but justin chatwin remains. His character brings atlist some love life in the gallagher’s craizy, twisted family esp. 2 Fiona. Atlist she has that special smbdy hu is not a part of the craizy neighbour hood or the random rebound’s she picks up. Let justin come bak but under the pretex he changd his identity 2 escape his father- in-law druglord n cm bak 2 Fi. Am sure he can easily pull that i.d change prank easily since hez a criminal… Ey always do that!

11. La'Mondae says:

I hate to see him go. Now who’s gonna be with Fiona? Tony again?

12. Sherry says:

No jimmy should not leave there’s no reason for that he was the hot guy on the show every show needs a hot guy to watch if they take him off there gonna lose a lot of ppl who watch it

13. Evelyn says:

Its disappointing. I had hoped that Jimmy had been saved somehow. The Fiona/Jimmy love story is an endearing thread in the series. I don’t believe this series is about “reality” but about real emotions, thats why it excels. Ian, Lip, Fiona, Debbie…etc. You become
    invested in their stories, and hope for a satisfying outcome.

14. Michael Lazorchak says:

Absolutely! I love the characters for the way they portray real people. I like dishonest characters because in the reality of a hard knocks life such as it is in those south-side Chicago neighborhoods, you wheel and deal and hustle to survive. These characters are amazing! I like the way it was stated above as “not a soap” and “not a fairytale” … it’s a pushes reality a bit but dramatizes the whole theme of making life work in damn-near intolerable circumstances! I’m gonna miss Jimmy and the complexity of the Fiona/Jimmy/Steve relationship. See they moved his character away from Steve and back toward Jimmy. Steve ran from domestic situations and lived fast while Jimmy grew up in a domestic environment which placed great stress on him through expectation. His dad says “when things get rough, Jimmy disappears,” — yeah he goes to become Steve! What a great way to play that Steve/Jimmy dynamic! “I stole that car when things were fun and life had meaning!!” He wanted to go back to being Steve but was being forced into Jimmy’s shoes yet again. GREAT WRITING!!!

15. dawn says:

I am so disappointed that jimmy died. I loved the relationship him and fiona had. What a bummer

16. mike sierra says:

Wow! Even though he waa an ass at times, he helped the family out a lot.. I mean the show is called shameless, not the gallaghers.. and fi loved him,, he would have been a great addition to the gallaghers.. he don’t deserve his send off in the show.. I wonder how long it will take into tbe season for fi to realize he is gone? He should have been kept..

17. Jones says:

You people seriously don’t understand “shameless”
    There is nothing more shameless about Jimmy dying and Fiona never knowing what the hell happened – it literally sums up the entire show. They are not going to dedicate any episodes where Fiona grieves over the death of her ex. Something like that would literally take up half a season.

18. shirly says:

Its not fair to jst let him go like that hoping he would b back n change 4 gudness sake fiona loved him n he loved her back ….. Pls do not kill his chareter :(

19. t.burton says:

i just cant wait; the producers are doing a good f’in job on this show. I just cant get enough..I hope they make it for many more season..showtime has cut all my fav series like weeds and united states of tara….but anywho, Iam down with the chi-town family, season 4 leggo…..

20. Siobhan R says:

You know I really just thought he was a bother and created more drama so I am actually glad he is gone ;)

21. Kathleen Ries says:

I think it would be a awesome story line if a body was brought to the hospital, in a body bag, pulled from the waters, and Jimmy’s dad is the doctor who opens it. Sad, but interesting. Wouldn’t that be a awesome end?

• Alexis says:

Umm that would be awesome, I hate that Jimmy’s gone but that would be so cool

• Kathleen Ries says:

I thought of that when the season ended. My friend said that Jimmy will be tossed out for shark food, and I thought about his body coming to shore. I hate to see him go. Thanks for commenting on my post. :)

22. Alexis says:

So this is the end of shameless for me then.

• Kathleen Ries says:

Oh Alexis… don’t stop watching. There are so many possibilities coming. I, myself, like to try to guess what happens next. I can’t wait for the new season. Have a good day.

23. R Bargar says:

I have watched Shamless from begining . I like her with the new guy ( her boss) in the corporate world.Steve/Jimmy better has friends witth benefits. Just saying

24. Mrs. Smith says:

I love that he ended up being dan’s gay son on the last episode of weeds … Grrr that last episode sucked major balls by the way, the way they had the last season of weeds going they could a squeezed another season out of that untested of ending it all stupid like that

25. d.lewis says:

I’m VERY disappointed Jimmy will not be back. He was my favorite. I don’t feel as excited about season 4 knowing now he wont be back. My husband feels like a big character change such as this.. isn’t good for the show..I agree!

26. Juan says:

The show doesn’t seem like a flashback show, but it probably will have a few flashbacks (explaining the “one or two episodes” in which Justin Chatwin will appear) to explain how the studio apartment he rented in Massachusetts was actually for Estefania, but he didn’t want to upset Fiona by telling her. Then she tries to get a hold of him and they find his body in the harbour. I’m sad to see him go, but his character was taking a turn for the worst, much like Mandy’s. Both of them are/were getting pretty needy. Glad he died in a way that leaves you shocked and amazed rather than just get written out. This way we see that the last thing he did was try and contact Fiona.

27. Juan says:

Also, those of you who prefer Fiona in a corporate world dating her rich fancy boss obviously are watching another show, cause you don’t know the point of shameless. It’s not about some poor, underprivileged girl who suddenly gets a nice job with benefits and a 401k. It’s about a poor underprivileged girl who struggles to make ends meet, and her fathers addiction which is constantly ruining the financial stability. So if you really think she should be with a hotshot boss and in a nice company making thousands you should watch the first three seasons again but this time pay attention!

28. jen says:

ok seriously that drug lord guy and his henchman are the selfish ones. For what they forced jimmy to do so on that note. BRING BACK JIMMY

29. Natalia says:

fiona deserve the truth even as veiwers .jimmy has to come back or wé to know something dont live us hugging

30. Jimmy is a good guy says:

Jimmy is a great guy! He continued his relation with Fiona even when Brazilian gang was standing upon his life. He did not ran away, he was still there with her, helping her and trying to fix his life. Everyday was a risk for him, I would like to see, how you haters would react in that situation.. probably would just stay with gangs daughter. R.I.P. Jimmy, the best character of the Movie. Doesn’t feel like i wanna watch it without Jim.

31. Jimmy is a good guy says:

” Fiona deserve a truth ” u said… But think about the consequences of knowing such things… No Man would risk with his beloved life

32. Mary Colmery says:

NOOOOOO………… Their relationship is what keeps me. Whose idea was that?

33. Minnesotamag says:

I won’t even watch the damn show anymore

34. Anita says:

I loved Jimmy and Fiona together, they were the perfect match for how screwed up they were. I love the show. My husband at 58 never gives a full belly laugh and he did with this show. Loved the sick comical part of the show along with all of the demented stuff. Was well blended. Get the writers in shape and don’t screw up a great show.

35. aimee says:

He’s the hot one on the show. They can’t let him die!!! He has held my attention

36. For everyone who is saying that Steve didnt deserve Fiona and is glad that he died you should look at some of the other characters. If the writers were really killing people based on how much of an a hole they were then Mandy would have been the first to die or even Karen. Jimmy wasnt perfect, but he had GREAT chemistry with fiona. Like could you seriously picture fiona with her boss or the cop? Both very boring characters imo. Also they would really need somebody great to top the chemistry fiona and jimmy had.

37. kat says:

Bring Jimmy back!!!!!!@@!@!

38. Daay says:

Man that sucks he was one of the main characters. How the hell you are going to kill one of the main character so soo.. It sucks.

39. Dianne says:

Some of you are commenting like this crap is really happening. Love the show….but it’s just fiction guys! What works, what’s enjoyable to watch? That’s what is important. The character of Jimmy has grown stale, at least for me. It’s time to off him. The main characters remain interesting so the comment by LM makes no sense to me. And Fiona can have a new love interest down the line. The Gallaghers are awesome all on their own!

40. loiy says:

I will not watch “SHAMELESS” without Jimmy. bet most of people won’t

41. Levada says:

Hes one of the reasons I fell in luv wit the show…I hate the fact that he’s leaving I wish there can be a way to bring him back…I luv the whole cast especially Frank but jimmy was my man…so sad dont know if I would be watching this season. So sad.

42. ken says:

hey I for one watch shameless so dat I can see characters such as jimmy, Frank, fiona, Veronica so if now you start taking one key character out…it begins to loose its touch. I jux need him back. this is nt real life for him to die …dis is tv stuff. and its suppose to make. me hapi and wonna watch always.

43. Yaba Doo says:

Sorry to say but Im not sad to see him go. :/ he was tolerable and when he was gone I got used to him NOT being there and how Fiona and the Gallaghers function fine without him. Not even that, Fiona was so wrapped up with him, that she missed opportunities to be in a good relationship with GOOD guys. I kept pushing hard for her to give Tony a chance, but Jimmy robbed that opportunity. I stopped feeling sorry for Jimmy/Steve once we found out his family background and I constantly had WTF look on my head. He had a safety financial safety net and I never understood his reasons behind ditching that life for Fionas…long story short. Im not sad lol

44. Eddie says:

I think the show has lost its original direction.
    Sympathy for the Gallagher’s is gone.
    They seem to be hell bent on destruction of their own family.
    As well as creating loads of collateral damage in their wake.
    Jimmy brought a perspective the audience shares.
    One of normalcy.
    He looks over this disaster and soon becomes a part
    of it. Disgarding him leaves a real vacuum.

45. jelon duncan says:

Gotta get jimmy back man jimmy/fiona combo the best of show

46. percy says:

I heard some1 say tht th show shld b cancelld,, no cnt do. The last episode of season 3 got me literally in tears. I ddnt like seing th gallaghers being fregmented like that. My nite was ruined.

47. Kendra says:

Jimmy’s character was always that of a shallow, ultimately selfish, spoiled rich kid. I was never interested in his character. Any one of the Gallaghers is vastly more interesting.

48. Cindy says:

Never liked his charecter from the first episode. Always felt like he was just slumming it with Fiona. Didn’t get his die hard attraction to her. Glad to see him go. phony

49. Ale says:

i thought this was a remake !!!! in the uk version they get married! WTF ! i’m so angry .. wtf people seriously ! i know jimmy was getting annoying but killed him wasnt the answer :'(

50. Tee says:

Any man who gets with Fiona must be a masochist. She is incredibly mean to her men. Lo