Shameless Shocker: Justin Chatwin Not Returning In Season 4 – Find Out Jimmy's Fate!

Get More: Casting News

Shameless Justin Chatwin Not ReturningWell, this is a shame: Justin Chatwin‘s Shameless days are done.

The Showtime drama’s executive producer John Wells revealed the casting shocker Tuesday night at a TV Academy Emmy panel, announcing that the actor’s beloved alter ego Jimmy will not return for Season 4.

A rep for the series later expanded upon Wells’ initial remarks, telling The Hollywood Reporter that Chatwin “could return for one or two episodes” next season.

RELATED | 2013 Cable TV Renewal Scorecard — Renewed or Cancelled TV Shows?

Chatwin’s Jimmy — who’s been part of Shameless since its pilot as Fiona’s love interest — was last seen seemingly marching to his watery grave at the behest of a thug employed by his secret wife’s drug lord father. (As reported by TV Guide Magazine, Wells confirmed during the panel that Jimmy did in fact die.)

Shameless’ Jimmy-less Season 4, meanwhile, is slated to bow in early 2014.

Are you sad to see Jimmy go? Had you already predicted his demise? Hit the comments.

Comments (177)

• I hate to see Justin Chatwin go. I like him as an actor. However, the character of Jimmy/Steve was becoming stagnant. It was nice at first to use his character to introduce us to the Gallaghers, but the Gallaghers are a force all on their own now. Having that outsider character who still occasionally looks down on this beloved family is unnecessary.

The real question is whether Ian will be there next season or not? I would definitely hate to see him go.

Comment by Nicotine – June 4, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please bring jimmy back ! The new guys with Fiona this season can not even measure up to this guy. Jimmy was major cool and he was one of the main reasons I watch shameless.

Comment by B – February 2, 2014 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jimmy and Fiona had chemistry and passion. They were great together. I was hooked from the first episode. I find it hard watching the fourth season without Jimmy in Fiona’s life, the boring boyfriend has got to go. They did not actually show Jimmy dead. Bring him back. Please

Comment by Mrs. P – February 15, 2014 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jimmy/Steve was the hope that Fiona and the kids could have a better life. Couldn’t he return with an m.d. From Mexico or some Latin country? If Lip departs…I will no longer be a viewer.

Comment by Chicki – March 4, 2014 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sort of sad- but I really hated how they made his character this year so I’m torn. I wonder if Fiona will find out what happened to him?

Comment by Fran – June 4, 2013 11:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She has to :/ Ok, they want to kill him, kill him, but please, give Fi some closure.

Comment by Mayra – June 5, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yeah she dont deserve to be left hanging like that

Comment by Tyler Shane – July 4, 2013 04:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope that she does find out… its sad, poor Fiona. She did nothing wrong and it’s another knock to her… give her closure.

Comment by Mike – October 2, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • i agree give her closer she needs to find out that he didnt just leave her like that

Comment by tanya gunness (@tanyagunness) – January 4, 2014 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • the new guy in season 4 is not up to mark.plz bring back jimmy else no shameless

Comment by Aniket – January 9, 2014 12:54 AM PDT
        • plz if not jimmy or steve then no shameless .plz plz plz

Comment by Aniket – January 9, 2014 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Steve/ Jimmy needs to stay in the script

Comment by Wanda – March 23, 2014 08:17 AM PDT
    • I felt like they took the character in a crazy direction this season too. I mean, last season he wasn’t keeping the wife from Fiona. Why the heck did he this season? And the cheating??? That was crap. I don’t like that they are killing him off. They should have at least written him out in a way that he could later return. Loved that character before they screwed him all up!! :-/

Comment by Tina – June 6, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree 100%, I didn’t really get what was going on with the drug guy and his daughter it was so weird and annoying. As for the script, I’m not a fan of Wells decision to write Jimmy out for good and no closure for Fiona, he was going back to college why not leave it at that, then they could have had more drama or a future connection or something. Taking characters out of a show is risky that’s when viewers start loosing interest, personally if I wanted disappointment I could watch a documentary or the history channel.

Comment by Caroline – January 31, 2014 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst news ever. If he did die, the least they could do is show us..I’m still on board as long as Emmy Rossum is there.

Comment by Jacob Todd Gallagher (@JToddGallagher) – June 5, 2013 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That sucks as hell! I’m a fan of Justin since … I don’t know … since so many years. I love to have him on Shameless and I loved Jimmy. I will still watch it but it won’t be the same without him :(

Comment by Mike – June 5, 2013 12:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! He the reason I started watching Shameless to begin with. WTF

Comment by Lila Alex Inglis – July 5, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • mike dont u feel that he should be back?i cant watch any season if jimmy is not in that

Comment by Aniket – January 9, 2014 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Wells confirmed that Jimmy did in fact die but Chatwin “could return for one or two episodes” next season ? I’m not following. I mean it’s not like SHAMELESS is the kind of show that would be into flashbacks. So my guess is they will wait and see how fans react and if they miss him enough (=a new Fiona love interest won’t work out), they will just bring him back.

Comment by mantua – June 5, 2013 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’d probably bring him back for an episode to discover his body and/or have a funeral.

Comment by Ashley – June 5, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, it doesn’t work that way. Shameless is shot way in advance, not a couple of weeks ahead of broadcast like network shows. They’re not going to start rewriting in mid-season.

Comment by Reality.Bites – June 5, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree…I don’t even know if I would continue to watch the show with out jimmy,, no one could compare or fill that role and Fiona can’t just end up with a random guy every episode or every other episode and no other guy could play anything close to who Jimmy is to Fiona and Fiona is to Jimmy…he has to stay as a series regular or at the very least a very occurring role.

Comment by Candice Casanova – June 6, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, he is after all a part of the next chapter, he and Fiona were a great possibility and complimented each other, killing him off only says the writers were unable to continue thinking outside the box and that’s SHAMEFUL!

Comment by D – June 17, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not really. Killing him off is more true to life. These people aren’t living in some fairytale land. Jimmy is a car theif who is married to a drug lord’s daughter. He has mad chemistry with Fiona and loves her more than he has probably loved anyone, but he’s a criminal and deals with criminals. This is what happens in life…and it usually happens right when they get they finally start to think, “hmm, I should turn my life around.” He watched his father in law murder someone and then have him cut up…it should have been no surprise that if his daughter was nabbed by INS, he was going to swim with the fishes. RIP Jimmy! I will miss him and his relationship with Fiona, and the rest of the family. Kudos to the writers for not taking the “soap” route, and actually letting something happen to him that would happen in real life. This is the exact reason Fiona fights so hard for those kids…falling into the wrong stuff gets you killed or locked up…plain and simple.

Comment by Cheeks – June 20, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • *thief not theif

Comment by Cheeks – June 20, 2013 09:12 AM PDT
          • Very thoughtful observations. And very true to life. Not many wise guys survive a king size screwup like the one Jimmy pulled, ie allowing his wife to be picked up by the INS (and tour father in law is a known ruthless drug lord.)

Comment by swimmer – July 5, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
          • I completely agree with you – I absolutely loved Jimmy/Steve but he was too involved in illegal activity without being seemingly savvy in a way that would make him a good criminal. And it adds to the show to lose him as a character and friend of the Gallaghers… Just demonstrates again the loss they face and what they are constantly fighting both for and against.

Comment by Jewel – September 18, 2013 07:54 AM PDT
          • Cheeks you are so right about Jimmy being written out and yes it does follow with how Fiona is trying to keep her siblings on track. That family has more love between them then a lot of so called well off families. Want Ian to do well in military and Lip to conquer MIT, Debbie to grow with grace, Carl to just stay out of too much trouble. Liam has some time. But Fiona got a kinda real job that doesn’t include real crap. Looking forward to Sunday. BTW Frank, played by William H. Macy is fabulously lousy. P.S. Sheila, played by Joan Cusack (sister of John) is deserving of an award. Great writting.

Comment by Vivid – January 6, 2014 04:37 PM PDT
          • Cheeks I agree with your observations, but if the writers were making all this more true to life, then the part that WAS NOT true to life was when Jimmy just sat in the SUV. The father in law clearly left Jimmy waiting in the car for some time with the driver. The father in law was already on the top deak of the boat when Jimmy was walking towards it moments later. If Jimmy was waiting in the SUV for some time, then why didn’t Jimmy do all he could to use his cell phone and perhaps call Fiona?!! In real life, if you know your faite of death is coming, then you will do all you can to try and reach out to someone so you can at least give them your final words! I think that Jimmy deciding to ask to make a phone call on his walk towards the boat was BS! He decided too late and that was unrealistic to me. Let’s assume Jimmy did need time to think while waiting in the SUV – once he was out the SUV, why even bother asking if he can make a quick phone call?!? If you know you will be killed any moment then just do it!

Comment by Griz – February 11, 2014 12:25 PM PDT
        • he lost his passion and bravado that was setup in that first episode, the way he saw Fiona in the club and his expression of that to her felt like a one off emotional phase after watching the following episodes and watching their relationship grow into something lackluster, and his dishonesty to Fiona left me frustrated with him as a man

Comment by Tyler Shane – July 4, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So Wells confirmed that Jimmy did in fact die but Chatwin “could return for one or two episodes” next season? Let’s hope that they keep it on hold as to what happened to him. I agree that we all loved him there for Fiona,….and the kids. Not cool how she’s being left in the dark though. Remember him disappearing for a few episodes? Chatwin could always return as Jimmy out of nowhere when he was missing like he did in the first few episodes of season 2 or was it near the end of season 1 where I heard Fiona answer the phone and it was Jimmy and Fiona asked, “Where the hell have you been!? It’s prolly because Chatwin might be working on a pre-production movie about to come out at the same time-conflict. His great work as a young son to Tom Cruise in “War Of The Worlds”,…or my favorite as “Nick” in “The Invisible.” Like I said, hoping that Chatwin is making a new movie at the same time season 4 production of Shameless. They could have him back in season 5, but would Fiona take him back? Jimmy got some serious splainin’ to do!….like he’s married and what not…..etc…..

Comment by djknowledge – August 11, 2013 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are bringing him back to show how he dies. I read it in another article.

Comment by Katie – December 11, 2013 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who will take care of the baby…..

Comment by Aliza Lucas – December 29, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thing his possible return will be Fiona finding out what happened to him, and no, Shameless is not a ‘flashback’ kind of show, but it seems that’s the only way he’s coming back if he truly is dead. It will probably be in the form of someone telling the story of what happened to him being told to Fiona. She will probably find out about his hidden life and death in the form of flashbacks.

That’s my guess anyways. It’s not like he’s miraculously going to be resurrected.

Comment by Pharcyde416 – June 5, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He cold come back in dreams too. Or Fiona could have conversations with an imaginary Jimmy/Steve when no one else is around. I’ll still be watching, but it’s a shame that he’s done. He had great chemistry with Rossum and there was still a lot of potential with his character even if they didn’t use him great last season.

Comment by DougMac – June 5, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It could be a video he recorded for her on a cellphone or something.

Comment by FatherOctavian – June 5, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You totally contradicted urself…is it a flashback show or not? Lol but he needs to come back alive.

Comment by Candice Casanova – June 6, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He comes back as a flashback to show how he dies. Another article I read said their filming permit expired, so they couldn’t show how he dies. John Wells said they may end up bringing him back to show us how he died.

Comment by Katie – December 11, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good riddance. Jimmy somehow surpassed Frank as my most hated character last season, and Fiona deserves WAY better than him. So glad they finally got rid of him, and even better that he died, so he can’t come back! Hopefully Fiona will find a guy that will treat her right. It’s just too bad that she’ll never find out just how horrible Jimmy really was, and she’ll probably remember him fondly, instead of hating him like she should.

Comment by Britney – June 5, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone else who is not by far fond of Jimmy/Steve or whatever his name is. For me, he is up there with Frank. From the beginning when I saw him, I was not too fond of him. I did not see him with Fiona, most certainly not in the long term to future term. When he reappeared, that really irritated me. He just would not go away. Finally he has, in a relatively unfortunate manner. Considering what he had been wrapped up in, the wife, the wife’s family, and so on and so forth, death was hanging over his head.

Comment by Becky (@DuchessofBruce) – June 5, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Screw that he was trying to do all he could to keep himself alive and take care and love Fiona, too. He friggin pawned his watch to help her and he took on a lot with all the kids and everything.

Comment by Candice Casanova – June 6, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, said everything I thought, so glad Jimmy is not returning, he was so selfish, he knew Fiona was all about taking care of her family when he first got together with her, then all of a sudden this season he is talking about what about me, shutup he made me sick glad he is gone!

Comment by cocochanel – June 20, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So it’s like Season 2? where he was only in like one episode?

Comment by RobMF – June 5, 2013 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin Chatwin is great, but creatively, I think Jimmy’s demise is what’s best for the show.

Comment by Ben – June 5, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree. After he came back and was married it went the wrong way.Fiona deserves better. Like his father said, in the last episode, he always walks away when he has to be there for someone. So he finally got some balls. It was only at the wrong time for the wrong person.

Comment by Witchy – June 5, 2013 04:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH…!

Comment by shameful-mike – June 5, 2013 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was disappointed when he came back the first time. His character already maxed out on storylines at that point. Single Fiona is much, much more interesting.

Comment by Scott Brecht – June 5, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh, I’m good with it. I too liked his character, but with the growth of all the other characters, especially the younger kids, his story reached its end.

Comment by Kevin D – June 5, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They will pry bring back that cop into Fiona’s life again

Comment by Andrew – June 5, 2013 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He said Jimmy was dead, but he didn’t say Steve or some other creative name was dead….so my guess is that if the boss guy (from last season who I think will become Fiona’s new love interest) doesn’t work out, they can bring Steve back and no one but the family will know who he is. Just a thought! Also Ian is coming home because the whole “join the Army thing” was unbelievable to start. The Army does background checks and run their fingerprints, Lip has a record and Ian’s been arrested, my guess is that he makes it to the reception part, they find out who he is and Fiona goes (with the boss guy who just happens to be there) and picks him up.
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!! If they keep up with the Britis version, Jimmy does leave for a year and comes back when Fiona gets pregnant by someone else and they ride off into the sunset together…..so they could be doing this as well.

Comment by Amanda – June 5, 2013 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I mean, that’s pretty much Steve/Jimmy’s role in season 2, but I’d rather him be dead this time. I hated the way he came back with this stupid fake marriage storyline.

Comment by Amanda – June 5, 2013 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember when Frank went missing and it turned out Steve brought up to Canada? That reveal was told in a way similar to flashbacks. Maybe it’s something like that. Maybe someone approaches Fiona and tells her that Jimmy is never coming back and it sorts of flashes to his death. Or something. It’s such a bummer he’s leaving but they really dug the character into a hole. I really did enjoy him and Fiona for a good while but I’m digging her relationship with her boss!

Comment by keri – June 5, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both he and Fiona treated each other like crap so not that surprising but honestly after all that he ends up dying anyway, what a shame. I would have much preferred that they just went their separate ways. I’ll miss Justin/Jimmy/Steve.

Comment by wrstlgirl – June 5, 2013 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jimmy is dead. OMG. I wanted so much for him to come back. Still I had a feeling he was gone.

Comment by Violet – June 5, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I won’t miss him one bit. I mostly liked season 1 Steve/Jimmy, but he grew tiresome quickly after that. I look forward to seeing who they pair Fiona with next…

Comment by B – June 5, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And then you get emotionally invested in that relationship — and Welles gets rid of him, too!

Opinions vary.

Comment by LM – June 6, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Side note: I have to admit, I miss the days where a cliffhanger like that wasn’t resolved off screen via casting news or show panels. Same thing with Law & Order SVU, where Olivia’s fate was spoiled by news of Mariska Hargitay’s new contract.

Comment by B – June 5, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m kinda glad he’s been written out. He was turning into an azzhole and Fiona deserves better.

Comment by madworld711 – June 5, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m SO angry that they pulled what they did last year. It was completely out of character for Jimmy. And Fiona thinks he douched out because of her, she HAS to find out that he was under the fear of a horrible, painful death. And that he met that death after fighting it the whole time.

It’s fine to write characters off but holy crap guys, don’t completely change their personalities to do it!

Comment by Katie – June 5, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow that really sucks…. Fiona and Jimmy were meant to be… Why couldnt they just kill of Mandy. Shes the worst

Comment by Jo – June 5, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m the only one who is glad news?? Everyone rooting for her boss, but I would love to stay with Beto Fiona, he does know understand the concept of family.

Comment by Esperanza – June 5, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not cool. Not cool at all.

Comment by Daisy – June 5, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually happy about this. I thought that his final scene could’ve acted as a really good death scene if we weren’t drilled to believe that no body = no death. Now that we know he did in fact die, the scene works much better. And furthermore, I just think that a single Fiona is more interesting than one who is predisposed under the laws of television to end up with someone as she was with Jimmy.

Comment by Superhero – June 5, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He will be back at the end of season 4 alive :) I hope

Comment by Lisa – June 5, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In the UK version of Shameless Fiona & Steve/Jimmy leave after Season 2 and live happily ever after. Maybe the US writers didn’t know what to do with the characters after they broke off from the UK version, their inspiration.

Comment by Jlonnie – June 5, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How much does the UK version differ from the US version? A lot? (I’ve only watched the US version)

Comment by Samantha Malan – September 24, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fiona and her boss=boring
    we want Jimmy again!

Comment by gian – June 5, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super sad =[

Comment by Mj – June 5, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see him go! He stabilized Fiona… amid all the craziness. It was good to her come down from the craziness for a while and then escalate back up as soon as she was around her family again… and away from him. Flat on crazy all the time could become boring.

Comment by Lizann100 – June 5, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NGL I’m pretty devastated. I love Fiona and Jimmy’s relationship story, trying to figure out how to make their love work in the terribly crappy situation they are in. I think they could have gotten much more story if they don’t tell us what happened and just had Jimmy gone for like a year, let them think he is dead and come back when Fiona is getting her life back together. Emmy and Justin have that rare lightening in a bottle chemistry that I just don’t think they’ll find with someone else. The new boss is ok but they’re chemistry isn’t close to what Justin and Emmy have.

Comment by KK – June 5, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not shocking if you watch the show, he died.

Comment by lol – June 5, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I assumed as much. If you have watched the UK series you know that characters go rather often and lesser characters step up to plate as main characters.

Comment by valielina – June 5, 2013 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Justin Chatwin but the “Jimmy” character was done.

Comment by IMHO – June 5, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I wouldn’t have liked it if they kept him on. I liked Jimmy’s character, but it would not have made sense at all if he had lived. His father-in-law was super pissed. And this is a guy who killed his daughter’s lover in the first episode of the last season despite the crying pleas of his daughter, so we knew that guy was pretty ruthless. And we also knew there was no way he would let Jimmy live even if his daughter wanted it. So this is probably the best way for them to go. Maybe they’ll keep that cute new boss of Fiona’s.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 5, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they at least give Fiona some closer

Comment by Steven Chalkley – June 5, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘Beloved’ alter-ego? Really? I like Chatwin, but Jimmy was awful.

Comment by A – June 5, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad they killed Jimmy off. Seriously, he is about as much a screw up as Fionas dad. He takes her brothers boosting cars, lies about who he is, marries some twit for money, lies about that. What is so “good” for Fiona , who by the way is hanging on by a thread most of the time herself, having some jerk lie and complicate her life worse ? He didn’t even have the excuse of being an addict like her dad does. Poor pitiful rich boy tired of his easy life & college education. BOO HOO ! Cry me a river. I’m glad he’s gone.

Now to find an interesting character to keep our attention. More importantly, that can keep Miss Fionas attention. Maybe being single would keep her hopping this season ? We’ll see.

Comment by Tammy Castillo – June 5, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? Keeping Carl from being expelled from school (remember that?!). Taking care of Liam? Being a consistent support for Fiona? Taking Lip in, and helping Fiona understand how to deal with a teenage boy? He wanted to steal another car to get Fiona money for her night club venture. Yeah, he’s a jerk!

I hope this show is canceled.

Comment by LM – June 6, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He did nice things but he did jerky things too. I blame the writing. Fiona was no princess either but she never made it a secret that her life was first and foremost about the kids. I don’t want it to br canceled though. There are still too many things I like about it.

Comment by Fran – June 7, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I personally like Jimmy on the show and seasons 1&2 but during season 3 he started to become in character to really start treating Fiona badly. The whole story line with him and his secret wife was just lame it had nothing to do with the show and I didn’t like it at all he cheated on her for no reason when he should have just broke up with her a long time ago. and when he called her house a slum that really pissed me off he deserved to die. yeah he was good to her in the beginning but his story line ran short and black he’s gone hope that she gets another love interest soon she deserves better hope for the best for her and the Gallaghers <333 love this show

Comment by ganquil – July 22, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fiona x Beto

Comment by Esperanza – June 6, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad as he was one of my fav’s. even after the writers assassinated his character this season I had faith he would turn out okay. Now Fiona is going to end up with someone like her boss who will probably turn out to be a big douche bag.

Comment by Abc – June 6, 2013 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The writing toward the end of the season was just plain bad — and this just cements that. Remember, Fiona knew Jimmy was married to Estefania — and she knew why. And there was no closure to that marriage (remember, she showed up on the door step at the previous season’s close — but nothing was followed up on that).

One would think Fiona would’ve been suspicious that the mafia might’ve been tied to Jimmy’s disappearance. But that writing that would’ve prevented the writers from being able to do what the wrote for those final two episodes!

Oh, and this is just pathetic — and a lack of professionalism: “While the script had Jimmy being gunned down on the boat, Wells revealed the filming permit for the dock expired before the scene could be completed.” (TV Guide.com)

Seriously?

Comment by LM – June 6, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fiona is so much better off without that douchbag. I’m glad to see him go. I liked his character at first; the way he stepped up and helped Fiona and also helped the kids out. I even liked that he was stealing cars for a living – it made him interesting; a “bad boy” with a heart. But when he started up with his alter-ego thing and bailed on Fiona and the kids and then married the whiny, ignorant drug lord’s daughter (another crappy character I hope to never see again), it was over for me. Good riddance!

Comment by Norman – June 6, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your a stupid (expletive). Or you just don’t watch the show! Those who watch the show know why Jimmy married Estefania (hint: he had to!).
      “But when he started up with his alter-ego thing and bailed on Fiona and the kids…” That’s the writing! Once again showing how ignorant you are, ‘Norman’. You hate Jimmy because of how he was written this season. These are characters and not real people. Oops, did I ruin it for you?

Comment by LM – June 7, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My goodness you really have some hate in you.

Comment by Fran – June 11, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To all who feel that Jimmy’s story line had run it’s course, so it’s good that he’s gone, the same goes for Ian (he’s off to the military, which is what he’s always wanted), Lip (he’s gone to college), and for that matter, Fiona (she’s got a desk job so she can support her family).

So, really, all of their characters have run their course, so they should be gone, too, that is, according to the logic of many of you.

Comment by LM – June 7, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jimmy has always been putting Fiona in choosing, him or her family, we saw in the first season, putting in jail the boys and Tony taking them out of jail, in the second season trying to be with Fiona but sleeping with the woman Brazilian, the third returned to put Fiona in another difficult situation with his family, Jimmy always selfish, I will not miss him apart, that I never thought it was a great actor.

Sorry my english.

Comment by Esperanza – June 7, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is a sad thing that someone you love can dissapear one day and never come back without ever knowing what happend to him. I liked his character and I feel fiona deserve to know what happend . I think this season should be the last, all of the characters were about to move on and the show won’t be the same.

Comment by oshri – June 10, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was originally sad thinking about him leaving but YOU HAVE TO LET PHIONA KNOW. that just not far.& ian better be in the next season or ill cry. I LOVE THE GALLAGHERS<3

Comment by shannon – June 14, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jimmy should return … i would love to see him get back to fiona

Comment by tevin – June 15, 2013 03:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JIMMY ! JIMMY ! JIMMY ! JIMMY ! JIMMY !

Comment by Imari – June 22, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want jusTin (aka jimmy) to return. I loved the love interest between him and fiona. To see them go through there ups and downs and always make it out on a high note. They should bring him back. And I hope badly that lip goes to collage but stays on the show…

Comment by kayla – June 23, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They will not be able to show a stronger chemistry for Fiona with anyone else. That chemistrey is what nailed me to this show. All the rest is kind of repetetive. And she was not an angel as well. She was not very attentive to him and made him always feel like extra baggage. I can’t believe they offed him. I thought they would kill Ian, not him.

Comment by Anne – November 6, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post