Drop Dead Diva Sneak Peek: Who's Gone Missing? Plus, Meet the New Guardian Angel!

Like its title character, Drop Dead Diva miraculously returns for a fifth season on June 23 (Lifetime, 9/8c) — but is everyone back for Jane’s latest adventure?

The following fresh trailer reveals that someone is MIA: her fiancé Owen. Has original Jane, last seen making her way back down to Earth as he collapsed, taken his body for a joyride?

RELATED | Drop Dead Diva Season 5 Spoilers — Creator Josh Berman on Renewal, Budget Cuts

Also on display: The new — and often shirtless — guardian angel played by 90210‘s Justin Deeley.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (20)

• Wants Fred back :)

Comment by Kristen Thornton – June 4, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not going to happen. Snatched up by Mad Men. That’s how it works.

Comment by Dan – June 4, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not been the same without Fred.

Comment by Bella – June 6, 2013 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree.

Comment by Tina Cohn – August 10, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad about the turns this show has taken. It has gone from the fanciful to the ridiculous, and I am sorry it was renewed already…unless they are going to get it back on track.

Comment by sarahj – June 4, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Justin Deeley. I might have to start watching now just because of him.

Comment by JJ – June 4, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So. Freakin’. Happy.

Comment by Babybop – June 4, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • not sure i want to see owen….i really thought that was just too much

Comment by cheryl – June 4, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same here. I love this show, but the season ending took it a bit too far into ridiculous-land.

Comment by Sam – June 5, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want Owen + Jane back together! But I’m really intrigued by realJane taking Owen’s body. If its done right, it could be awesome and explore some fascinating concepts of queer identity and sexuality.

Comment by mia – June 4, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!!!

Comment by Emily – June 4, 2013 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Fred!!!!

Comment by Let – June 4, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WANT FRED BACK!!!!!!

Comment by michael – July 17, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As nice as it was to see Jane happy with Owen it really annoyed me that the show has decided that the only person Jane could attract with both her looks and personality would be an equally portly individual. Grayson keeps thinking Jane “acts” like Debby but he does not seem the least interested in her physically. In fact, time after time he goes for the thin woman instead. This isn’t saying anything bad about the character but it is making the show look bad. If Jane had a partner who was (and yes it happens) thin like Grayson, it wouldn’t come off as only fat people can be interested in fat people. Grayson is being made to look REALLY shallow.

Comment by S – June 5, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Grayson chasing after every skirt besides Jane makes me completely uninterested in them getting together. I could understand if he was avoiding dating coworkers, or another lawyer, etc, but he’s already done those things. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that they’re probably going to end up together anyway though.

Comment by Tee – June 5, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show had been going downhill for a while, but here’s hoping it ends on a better note than that ridiculous season finale.

Comment by Tee – June 5, 2013 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is one show that I am really looking forward to see comming back, it has been gone way to long. And people don’t take it so seriously, it is for entertainment, and that it is!

Comment by lin waren – June 6, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO GLAD TO SEE IT IS ON IT’S WAY BACK!!!!!

Comment by Bernie – June 16, 2013 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, and it’s true it’s very entertaining! Don’t take it so seriously people.

Comment by Cindy Riojas – June 17, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed drop dead diva and glad its back..only hope its not a girls body n owen would make it weird …I liked owen..cant wait to see what happens…a fan

Comment by L shook – June 18, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post