Drop Dead Diva Sneak Peek: Who's Gone Missing? Plus, Meet the New Guardian Angel!

Like its title character, Drop Dead Diva miraculously returns for a fifth season on June 23 (Lifetime, 9/8c) — but is everyone back for Jane’s latest adventure?

The following fresh trailer reveals that someone is MIA: her fiancé Owen. Has original Jane, last seen making her way back down to Earth as he collapsed, taken his body for a joyride?

RELATED | Drop Dead Diva Season 5 Spoilers — Creator Josh Berman on Renewal, Budget Cuts

Also on display: The new — and often shirtless — guardian angel played by 90210‘s Justin Deeley.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. sarahj says:

I am sad about the turns this show has taken. It has gone from the fanciful to the ridiculous, and I am sorry it was renewed already…unless they are going to get it back on track.

2. JJ says:

Love Justin Deeley. I might have to start watching now just because of him.

3. Babybop says:

So. Freakin’. Happy.

4. cheryl says:

not sure i want to see owen….i really thought that was just too much

5. mia says:

I want Owen + Jane back together! But I’m really intrigued by realJane taking Owen’s body. If its done right, it could be awesome and explore some fascinating concepts of queer identity and sexuality.

6. Emily says:

Can’t wait!!!

7. Let says:

Bring back Fred!!!!

8. S says:

As nice as it was to see Jane happy with Owen it really annoyed me that the show has decided that the only person Jane could attract with both her looks and personality would be an equally portly individual. Grayson keeps thinking Jane “acts” like Debby but he does not seem the least interested in her physically. In fact, time after time he goes for the thin woman instead. This isn’t saying anything bad about the character but it is making the show look bad. If Jane had a partner who was (and yes it happens) thin like Grayson, it wouldn’t come off as only fat people can be interested in fat people. Grayson is being made to look REALLY shallow.

• Tee says:

Yeah Grayson chasing after every skirt besides Jane makes me completely uninterested in them getting together. I could understand if he was avoiding dating coworkers, or another lawyer, etc, but he’s already done those things. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that they’re probably going to end up together anyway though.

9. Tee says:

The show had been going downhill for a while, but here’s hoping it ends on a better note than that ridiculous season finale.

10. lin waren says:

It is one show that I am really looking forward to see comming back, it has been gone way to long. And people don’t take it so seriously, it is for entertainment, and that it is!

11. Bernie says:

SO GLAD TO SEE IT IS ON IT’S WAY BACK!!!!!

12. Cindy Riojas says:

I love this show, and it’s true it’s very entertaining! Don’t take it so seriously people.

13. L shook says:

I missed drop dead diva and glad its back..only hope its not a girls body n owen would make it weird …I liked owen..cant wait to see what happens…a fan