Cable Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

TVLine Cable Renewal ScorecardTVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has spawned a spin-off!

By popular demand, we present you with our first-ever Cable Renewal Scorecard, a handy, constantly-updated and easy-to-navigate cheat sheet featuring the current status of more than 100 of the buzziest* non-broadcast (plus PBS) offerings.

(*Due to issues related to length and our own sanity, not every cable series is included).

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates.

RELATED | 2014 Broadcast Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled on ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox and NBC?

And now, the Scorecard (grouped by network)…

ABC FAMILY
Bunheads: Officially cancelled
Baby Daddy: Halloween special airs Oct. 22; Renewed for Season 4
Chasing Life: Season 1a finale aired Aug. 12; Season 2 is a safe bet
The Fosters: Season 2a finale aired Aug. 18; Season 3 is a safe bet
The Lying Game: Officially cancelled
Melissa & Joey: Season 3 finale aired June 18; Renewed for Season 4
Mystery Girls: Season 1 finale aired Aug. 27; Officially cancelled
Pretty Little Liars: Season 5 finale aired Aug. 26. Already renewed for Seasons 6 and 7
Ravenswood: Season 1 finale aired Feb. 4; Season 2 could go either way  Officially cancelled
Switched at Birth: Season 3 finale aired Aug. 18; Renewed for Season 4
Twisted: Season 1 finale aired April 1; Officially cancelled
Young & Hungry: Season 1 finale aired Aug. 27; Renewed for Season 2

A&E
Bates Motel: Season 3 to debut in 2015
The Glades: Officially cancelled
Longmire: Officially cancelled

ADULT SWIM
Rick and Morty:
Renewed for Season 2

AMC
Breaking Bad: Series finale aired Sept. 29; prequel spin-off Better Call Saul to premiere in February 2015
Halt and Catch Fire: Season 1 finale aired Aug. 4; Renewed for Season 2
Hell on Wheels: Season 4 finale airs Nov. 22
The Killing: Fourth and final season now available on Netflix (all six episodes)
Low Winter Sun: Season 2 renewal is a long-shot. Officially cancelled
Mad Men: Part 2 of Season 7/finale season to debut summer 2015
TURN: Washington’s Spies: Season 2 premieres Spring 2015
The Walking Dead: Season 5 premiered Oct. 12; Already renewed for Season 6.

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR BBC, BET, CINEMAX and FX!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, News, Renewal Scorecards, Renewals

1. M.S. Butch says:

All of this and the only thing I can find to watch is Major Crimes.

2. Blue says:

Falling Skies was renewed for Season 4 on 7/2/13 and Royal Pains was renewed for Season 6 on 9/25/12.

3. lexi lyken says:

They always cancel the good show. Uhh

4. STD says:

Thanks so much for this list. It has become so difficult to track all these shows and when they are on the air. Could you possibly add “Vikings” to this list? Thanks!!!

5. Mary M says:

Keep the Fosters,Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Suits, Covert Affairs, and Unnecessary Roughness , these shows all go to saving the total TV Season for the year. Keep them on. Cannot stomach most of the regular TV Season

6. janie says:

what is the deal with Magic City? Season 2 was scheduled for 10 episodes, only 8 are airing.
    Is it cancelled??

7. jj says:

DEAR TV LAND!!! Please please bring back Happily Divorced!!! It is so funny!! This world needs more good comedies and get rid of the “reality” stuff. Not even interesting any more. Love Hot in Cleveland too!!! Excellent cast!

8. May says:

I’m not sure how this works, so I’m just gonna ask. The Newsroom has aired three episodes already, out of a season of nine. Isn’t it time for speculation on its fate?

9. Heather says:

Hell on Wheels did not premiere on August 3…it premieres next weekend, on August 10

10. H.Houston says:

Have we heard if King and Maxwell have been picked up yet? And what of Major Crimes? I truly love both shows.

11. SMS says:

How about REELZ “true Justice”. It’s like watching snake eat a rat. I can’t look away and want more.

12. linda says:

can’t believe that magic city was take off the air. that was the most exciting tv program since 24. waited to see it every friday…oh well guess i can take starz network off my tv now.
    very sad about that….seems the good shows go and the stupid ones stay. reality shows are getting a little boring and not very interesting. do i really care if someone has an extra marrital affair. no i don;t …give us a good story …that is all we want….send back the reality shows and all the famous housewife of beverely hills, miami, etc. i have been a housewife for almost 50 years and believe me that is not reality…..thanks for listening.

13. Toni Aguiar says:

I am truly disappointed that there is no talk about whether “Happily Divorced” is going too continue to be on,, or has it been canceled & nobody seems to know or say anything about it!!!! That show produced nothing but good results!!!! I dont who actually has the final say if a show is going to continue,, but whom ever has that final say,,truly needs to reconsider!!!

• Love Happily Divorced and scream watching the Exes!! No other shows on tv make me laugh like these except the new one The Goldbergs. These three are so much better than the same old
      comedies they are renewing on the 4 or 5 regular channels. Cherin

14. KeithH says:

TNT RENEWS SUMMER SERIES “RIZZOLI & ISLES,” “MAJOR CRIMES” AND “PERCEPTION”

15. Ruth Strauss says:

King & Maxwell should be renewed. It’s a great show.

16. ron says:

The show Southland canceled . One of the few truly adult late night shows. TNT, come on.Year after year of Law and order reruns the least you could do is give us a good show on the comebak.

17. katrina says:

Major Crimes has been renewed for Season 3.

18. Karen Moore says:

Would love to see “King and Maxwell” renewed. Enjoyed the show very much!

19. MK says:

Happily Divorced SHOULD be renewed. It’s a good show. If Franklin & Bash are not renewed, I’ll storm the Bastille. It’s my favorite cable show along with my new favorite King and Maxwell, which I hope will be renewed since it sort of left us hanging. Good chemistry among the cast of both dramas, with the exception of Heather Locklear into the cast who plays “type”. They need to loose her. The competition between Franklin and Bash and the nephew…good chemistry too.

Major Crimes got better with the addition of Tom Berenger into the cast as Sharon Rader’s (the very boring and dull Mary McDonough). At least his interaction with Rusty…another character who IMO should get adopted and move on….made the show more interesting. Too bad Kyra Sedgwick decided to bow out. The chemistry among this cast is not what it was during The Closer days. They should either add Tom Berenger, as I said…or make the show more about Provenza and Flynn.

All JMHO.

20. David Torres says:

Re: PBS, what about DOC MARTIN??

• A laugh out loud great ensemble of characters, and Doc Martin is such a case that he is
      hilarious (thank God he isn’t my doctor!!!!) GREAT SHOW my daughter bought me the
      series for Christmas as I could never catch the show in sequence. Heaven!! Laughing
      hysterically, and how about Mrs. Titchler the pharmacist, soooo well played, so in love
      with Doc, no idea he abhors her. She’s a howl every time she comes on the screen!

21. Zoe says:

Oh thank goodness, Covert Affairs is safe. There’s time for Annie and Auggie to get back together, right?

22. Max says:

PLEASE RENEW THE GLADES. DON’T END THE SERIES THIS WAY. I WAS DEVASTATED WHEN JIM GOT SHOT. HE HAS TO LIVE AND THEY HAVE TO FIND THE PIECE OF GARBAGE THAT SHOT HIM IN THE BACK. HE AND CALLIE ARE MY FAVORITE COUPLE AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOW. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. IF YOU WANTED TO END IT, IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WITH THEM GETTING MARRIED. IT WAS SO NEAT THE WAY HE WAS FIXING UP THE HOUSE.

23. Max says:

My first note evidently did not take. :Please, please renew The Glades TV Show. Don';t end the series this way, If you wanted to end the series, you should have let Jim and Callie get married. This needs to be renewed and get the coward that shot Jim in the Back. I love this show and Jim and Callie. If it does not come back, I am through with A&E. Please renew this. Jim is the sexiest man on TV and I loved the way he was fixing up the house.I was devastated when he got shot.

24. Max says:

I guess my last note did not take. Please renew The Glades. This is no way to end a series. I was devastated when Jim got shot. Find the piece of garbage who shot him in the back and let him and Callie get married. This is my favorite and they are my favorite couple., If you wanted to end the series, you should have let them get married. Please bring it back.

• Mary S says:

A&E is on Facebook. If you really want to send them a message that they might actually see, use their own page for it and add your comment to those already posted. I am not certain that anyone from any of the networks bothers reading this website. It’s great that we have it as a place to vent, but it would take a lot to convince me that anyone who NEEDS to know what we think really visits the site or even cares what we think.
      And, what I have learned is that 99% of the time, all of our begging, pleading and whining falls on deaf ears, even if it’s put where they might see it. Once a network has pulled the plug on a show, it’s down the drain. … UNLESS another network picks it up, which has happened a few times, but not many.
      @Michael A. – Am I wrong? Do you know of any network executives who read this or care what we think? The fact that The Glades had its highest-rated episode less than a week before this announcement was made leads me to believe that they really don’t care about anything except the profitability of a timeslot, and if they can put a cheaper show and make a higher profit on it, that’s what they will do.
      I don’t think ratings make a bit of difference. It’s the age of the audience that counts, so they play to the lowest common denominator, get a younger crowd, and sell that to the advertisers. Look at the demographics for the shows they keep: 18-49. They feel no responsibility to provide programming that anyone over the age of 49 will like. If we happen to like something that is geared for younger folks, that’s lucky for us, but if we don’t, no big deal. And what the younger crowds watch are all those lame-brained reality shows that have no redeeming social values.
      When I was in college, studying creative writing for TV, we were TOLD to write at the 12-year-old level, because that’s what the audience wanted and that’s where the money was to be found.
      The older I get, the more I believe this is true. Unfortunately, I am way past that age and find it difficult to find much of anything that truly enthralls and entertains me. This seems to be the year I’m losing more shows than ever before. Thank heaven for DVDs!!!

• Colorspink says:

You are so right about everything. They get us sucked into watching shows of our own age group n than the next thing we we find out is that its been cancelled.

• Mary S says:

Thank you! If I were really wealthy, I’d buy stock in (several) networks and go to the stockholders’ meetings to demand that they return to the kind of programming that kept them at the top for all those years. Then I would demand that the current Programming Director be replaced with an intelligent human being with an IQ above that of a chimpanzee.

• (Cherin) says:

Watch The Americans, it is renewed for it’s second season, good, deep, intelligent, (factual
          time of the cold war, when young Russian couples were trained to live as Americans and how
          as they grew older one or both starts to love the USA etc. they are raising kids here and still doing
          cold war work, well written, deep character personalities, like when they are doing dishes or
          laundry and think back to their youth in Russia (with flashbacks) or miss their parents. Love this show. Comes back Feb. 26ths. Give it a look. Cherin

• (Cherin) says:

Which is why I watch reruns of Murphy Brown and Mash.
        And thank God for The Exes, Happily Divorced, Doc Martin…wildly funny shows with a little
        edge to them, not for people looking for the laugh to be handed to them like so many
        predictable comedies that keep getting RENEWED! Cherin

25. Colors pink says:

Hello, how come they cancelled Bunhead n the Lying Game? I love those show n I was waiting for them to return n now to fine out they won’t be returning is a shock to me. Plz tell me y? I would also like to no if Golden Boy is returning as well plz? Thanks you.

26. Max says:

How could A&E end a series by killing the main character, Milt Passmore. I am NEVER watching A&E again. They should have ended it with him marrying Callie. I hope TNT or USA or some other station will pick it up. That was horrible. The writers are nuts.

• Mary S says:

I am certain that they would not have closed the season like that if they had realized there would not be a new season…And I blame A&E for withholding that information from the writers, producers, actors and crew.
      That is just not good form! Now I worry about the fate of Longmire, the only other show I watch on this wicked network.
      Syfy lost me when it cancelled Warehouse 13-I’ll be back for the final few episodes, but no more after that!
      NBC loses me after the final episode of Law and Order SVU, unless they are REALLY good at adding the new shows…nothing else that they air holds any interest for me at all.

27. Gage Mims says:

I thought the finally True Blood Stunk!

28. kel says:

Are they just going to leave The Lying Game at loose ends?

29. Sparky says:

Suits S4 renewal could go either way -seriously? It hasn’t performed as well as last year but it has been much better than some of the others. I would have said it will more than likely be renewed

30. Linda Magoon says:

I love Longmire! I so want it to be renewed.

31. Dottie says:

I look forward every week to “The Bridge.” Acting is great…well written story line. I hope they renew it for next year. It is not for everyone…mature audience. They have a little bit of everything. It also made me realize that these things actually do happen on the U.S./Mexican border.

32. Mary S says:

@Michael A and those who monitor these posts: I just got a comment about bookmaking…HOW DID YOU LET THAT GET THROUGH???

33. Eddie says:

I know REELZ is a small network but does anyone else watch “Cracked” and what are the chances that it will be renewed?

34. jen says:

How can Suits not be automatically cancelled?

35. Cheryl says:

Has there been any word on syfy’s Being Human?? Has it been canceled or renewed for a season 4 and if so when will it premire season 4?? Any word on ABC Family’s The Vineyard?? Is it being picked up for a season 2?? I sooo love that show!!!!!

36. Elyse says:

Any Franklin & Bash renewal news?! hoping it gets a 4th season!

37. JB says:

Anyone know if The White Queen is capable of a second season? From what I understand it’s based on three (novelized) history books…and it’s 10 and done.

38. Karen says:

SUITS could go either way?? Are you kidding? Best show on USA! Please tell me this will be renewed!

39. ldylkngb says:

I quit ABCFamily when they canceled The Lying Game!

40. ldylkngb says:

I love Suits & Covert Affairs! Can’t believe they haven’t automatically renewed Suits!

41. ldylkngb says:

I love The Newsroom! But the way the last show ended was like a finale, Please tell me this will be renewed!!!!!!

42. H.F.Washington says:

Please don’t cancel Suits. Heart broken King and Maxwell didn’t make it.

43. Adriana says:

Twisted on ABC family better return! There are so many twists and turns and I want to see what happens!! The lead male is a great actor as well as the 2 young ladies who play the friend of the male lead!

• Mary S says:

OK, running through the renewal info, what I’ve learned is that there a LOT of shows that I have never heard of and so haven’t watched or will miss.
      A&E did a TERRIBLE thing, cancelling The Glades in the middle of a storyline, but at least Longmire has a chance to come back.
      BBCAmerica- cancelled Being Human without formal notice, but I had learned of its demise on its own website, before it ever premiered here; I tried but could not like Copper and gave up on it early on…but DOCTOR WHO will be back with a new Doctor (I saw the announcement show)! Hey, after 50 years, of course it will be back; they have a built-in means of changing it up that is just ingenious. I never regularly watched any of the other BBCA shows.
      Syfy cancelled Warehouse 13, which will have its final 6 episodes in 2014, the American version of Being Human will also be back in 2014, and one of the very few reality shows that interests/fascinates me, Face Off, is in the middle of its season right now, but is not on the list posted above.
      Showtime has cancelled Dexter, with fair warning, which they did NOT provide for The Borgias’ very abrupt ending. Ray Donovan has been renewed. I hope they improve the wife’s attitude for the next season, maybe let her see what a dummy she was by bringing dad back to the family…or get rid of her altogether. She and the kids are not adding value to Ray’s life in any way. They need to go back to Boston!
      I haven’t been able to like The White Queen on Starz nearly as much as I loved The Borgias. I don’t care if it’s renewed or not.
      MANY people will be happy to see Cougar Town on TBS, but I never watched it. Maybe I’ll give it an episode or two to see if it captures me…
      I cannot BELIEVE they cancelled King and Maxwell…I really liked that show. I was so glad that Jon Tenney was back on the air after having to leave the Closer…the show made me SMILE without giving me a phony laugh track. I loved that! And I was very disappointed to lose Monday Mornings, too. ON A POSITIVE NOTE: They are keeping Major Crimes, Perception, and Rizzoli and Isles. I never watched any of the others, so I don’t care if they are here, or gone.
      It appears that, once again, USA will be my “go to” station, as I love/loved 7 out of the 8 shows listed. Burn Notice had a satisfying (with a sad but victorious death for mom) series ending and Suits and Necessary Roughness “could go either way” – which concerns me greatly! I do not want to lose either of those shows; they are very entertaining and I see them as “comfort food” with enough tension to move the story forward but not enough to stress me out.
      So, at the moment, I have mixed feelings: upset about the loss of King and Maxwell, worried about the return of Suits and Necessary Roughness, and delighted about the return of Major Crimes, Perception and Rizzoli and Isles.
      Thank you for a means of keeping up with the latest developments!
      it will be interesting to see what the networks do next…..

• Cheryl says:

Mary S. ~ Thank you so so much about the update on America’s Syfy Being Human!!! I couldn’t get on their website (I haven’t up graded my cell phone to a smart phone yet LOL) and I don’t own a computer. Have you by chance heard about ABC Family’s The Vineyard renew for a second season or TLC’s Welcome to Myrtle Manor?? I love this website it’s very informitive. Once again thank you and keep up the GREAT work!!!! <3 <3 :D

• Mary S says:

Cheryl, I’m sorry; I went to the two websites and could find nothing about renewals for Myrtle Manor or The Vineyard. Possibly those decisions have not been made yet. Maybe Michael could answer the question.
          @Michael (or whomever monitors these posts!), any info for Cheryl about either of these shows?
          Thanks in advance for your help!

• Cheryl says:

Mary~ Thank you for taking the time to look for me!!! You’re awesome have a blessed week :) <3 <3

44. Gwc says:

Three things:
    •Is The Bletchly Circle returning?
    •You say The White Queen series 1 premiered in August. Is there a second season?
    •SUITS Why on earth would its renewal be up in the air?

• Pascal says:

The Bletchly Circle is coming back, it has been renewed by ITV, when? no idea there isn’t a UK airing date that i could find
      The White Queen was always set-up as one off, says the producer and BBC

45. JM says:

YES!!!! The Bridge is renewed!!! What a complex and wonderful show!

Thank you so much for posting on its status!!!

46. Dyna Lee says:

Hope they don’t cancel SUITS………….one of the better drama shows on TV these days

47. Stephenie says:

What the heck is wrong with America? Who watches all this crap! Stupid soap opera type shows , reality shows that are far from real, junk. Thank God for CBS

48. Stephenie says:

What a bust. King and Maxwell and Monday Mornings were better than most renewed.
    Disgust!

49. Linda says:

Truly miss Monday mornings! Smart, funny, touching and well acted. One of the best dramas in a long time. Wasn’t given a chance….it was just starting to catch on and then it disappeared. Bad choice!.how about a different time slot or more publicity? Also liked king and Maxwell and Copper. Was it becase it was geared toward an over 30 crowd?

50. Sharon Best says:

Won’t know what happens next on THE GLADES. I’m so sad. Please bring it back!!!!!