Cable Renewal Scorecard: What's Coming Back? What's Cancelled? What's on the Bubble?

TVLine Cable Renewal ScorecardTVLine’s Renewal Scorecard has spawned a spin-off!

By popular demand, we present you with our first-ever Cable Renewal Scorecard, a handy, constantly-updated and easy-to-navigate cheat sheet featuring the current status of more than 100 of the buzziest* non-broadcast (plus PBS) offerings.

(*Due to issues related to length and our own sanity, not every cable series is included).

We’ll be updating this list regularly with the latest industry intel, so we strongly suggest you bookmark this puppy and check back for updates.

RELATED | 2014 Broadcast Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled on ABC, CBS, The CW, Fox and NBC?

And now, the Scorecard (grouped by network)…

ABC FAMILY
Bunheads: Officially cancelled
Baby Daddy: Season 3 premiered Jan. 15; already renewed for Season 4.
Chasing Life: Season 1 to debut in early 2014
The Fosters: Season 1b premiered Jan. 13; already renewed for Season 2.
Melissa & Joey: Season 3b premiered Jan. 15; Renewed for Season 4
The Lying Game: Officially cancelled
Pretty Little Liars: Renewed for Season 5
Ravenswood: Season 1 finale airs Feb. 4; Season 2 could go either way  Officially cancelled
The Secret Life of the American Teenager: Series finale aired June 3
Switched at Birth: Renewed for Season 3
Twisted: Season 1b premieres Feb. 11; Season 2 renewal could go either way.

A&E
Bates Motel: Season 2 currently airing; already renewed for Season 3
The Glades: Officially Cancelled
Longmire: Officially renewed for Season 3

ADULT SWIM
Rick and Morty:
Renewed for Season 2

AMC
Breaking Bad: Series finale aired Sept. 29.
Hell on Wheels: Renewed for Season 4
The Killing: Season 4 to air on Netflix
Low Winter Sun: Season 2 renewal is a long-shot. Officially cancelled
Mad Men: Season 7 to air in two seven-episode halves (summer 2014, summer 2015)
TURN: Series premiered April 6.
The Walking Dead: Season 4 finale aired March 30; Renewed for Season 5

PROCEED TO NEXT PAGE FOR BBC, BET, CINEMAX and FX!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Comments (385)

• All of this and the only thing I can find to watch is Major Crimes.

Comment by M.S. Butch – July 19, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Falling Skies was renewed for Season 4 on 7/2/13 and Royal Pains was renewed for Season 6 on 9/25/12.

Comment by Blue – July 21, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They always cancel the good show. Uhh

Comment by lexi lyken – July 22, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks so much for this list. It has become so difficult to track all these shows and when they are on the air. Could you possibly add “Vikings” to this list? Thanks!!!

Comment by STD – July 23, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Keep the Fosters,Major Crimes, Rizzoli and Isles, Suits, Covert Affairs, and Unnecessary Roughness , these shows all go to saving the total TV Season for the year. Keep them on. Cannot stomach most of the regular TV Season

Comment by Mary M – July 23, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what is the deal with Magic City? Season 2 was scheduled for 10 episodes, only 8 are airing.
    Is it cancelled??

Comment by janie – August 1, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEAR TV LAND!!! Please please bring back Happily Divorced!!! It is so funny!! This world needs more good comedies and get rid of the “reality” stuff. Not even interesting any more. Love Hot in Cleveland too!!! Excellent cast!

Comment by jj – August 1, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure how this works, so I’m just gonna ask. The Newsroom has aired three episodes already, out of a season of nine. Isn’t it time for speculation on its fate?

Comment by May – August 4, 2013 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing on Newsroom

Comment by H.Houston – August 6, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ahh, they updated it.

Comment by May – August 7, 2013 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell on Wheels did not premiere on August 3…it premieres next weekend, on August 10

Comment by Heather – August 5, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have we heard if King and Maxwell have been picked up yet? And what of Major Crimes? I truly love both shows.

Comment by H.Houston – August 6, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about REELZ “true Justice”. It’s like watching snake eat a rat. I can’t look away and want more.

Comment by SMS – August 11, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t believe that magic city was take off the air. that was the most exciting tv program since 24. waited to see it every friday…oh well guess i can take starz network off my tv now.
    very sad about that….seems the good shows go and the stupid ones stay. reality shows are getting a little boring and not very interesting. do i really care if someone has an extra marrital affair. no i don;t …give us a good story …that is all we want….send back the reality shows and all the famous housewife of beverely hills, miami, etc. i have been a housewife for almost 50 years and believe me that is not reality…..thanks for listening.

Comment by linda – August 11, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am truly disappointed that there is no talk about whether “Happily Divorced” is going too continue to be on,, or has it been canceled & nobody seems to know or say anything about it!!!! That show produced nothing but good results!!!! I dont who actually has the final say if a show is going to continue,, but whom ever has that final say,,truly needs to reconsider!!!

Comment by Toni Aguiar – August 13, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Happily Divorced and scream watching the Exes!! No other shows on tv make me laugh like these except the new one The Goldbergs. These three are so much better than the same old
      comedies they are renewing on the 4 or 5 regular channels. Cherin

Comment by Cheryl Andrade (Cherin) – January 7, 2014 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TNT RENEWS SUMMER SERIES “RIZZOLI & ISLES,” “MAJOR CRIMES” AND “PERCEPTION”

Comment by KeithH – August 15, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YIPPEEEEE! But, what about King and Maxwell?

Comment by Mary S – September 15, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • King & Maxwell should be renewed. It’s a great show.

Comment by Ruth Strauss – August 19, 2013 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show Southland canceled . One of the few truly adult late night shows. TNT, come on.Year after year of Law and order reruns the least you could do is give us a good show on the comebak.

Comment by ron – August 20, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major Crimes has been renewed for Season 3.

Comment by katrina – August 21, 2013 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to see “King and Maxwell” renewed. Enjoyed the show very much!

Comment by Karen Moore – August 21, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happily Divorced SHOULD be renewed. It’s a good show. If Franklin & Bash are not renewed, I’ll storm the Bastille. It’s my favorite cable show along with my new favorite King and Maxwell, which I hope will be renewed since it sort of left us hanging. Good chemistry among the cast of both dramas, with the exception of Heather Locklear into the cast who plays “type”. They need to loose her. The competition between Franklin and Bash and the nephew…good chemistry too.

Major Crimes got better with the addition of Tom Berenger into the cast as Sharon Rader’s (the very boring and dull Mary McDonough). At least his interaction with Rusty…another character who IMO should get adopted and move on….made the show more interesting. Too bad Kyra Sedgwick decided to bow out. The chemistry among this cast is not what it was during The Closer days. They should either add Tom Berenger, as I said…or make the show more about Provenza and Flynn.

All JMHO.

Comment by MK – August 22, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Re: PBS, what about DOC MARTIN??

Comment by David Torres – August 27, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A laugh out loud great ensemble of characters, and Doc Martin is such a case that he is
      hilarious (thank God he isn’t my doctor!!!!) GREAT SHOW my daughter bought me the
      series for Christmas as I could never catch the show in sequence. Heaven!! Laughing
      hysterically, and how about Mrs. Titchler the pharmacist, soooo well played, so in love
      with Doc, no idea he abhors her. She’s a howl every time she comes on the screen!

Comment by Cheryl Andrade (Cherin) – January 7, 2014 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh thank goodness, Covert Affairs is safe. There’s time for Annie and Auggie to get back together, right?

Comment by Zoe – August 28, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE RENEW THE GLADES. DON’T END THE SERIES THIS WAY. I WAS DEVASTATED WHEN JIM GOT SHOT. HE HAS TO LIVE AND THEY HAVE TO FIND THE PIECE OF GARBAGE THAT SHOT HIM IN THE BACK. HE AND CALLIE ARE MY FAVORITE COUPLE AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHOW. PLEASE BRING IT BACK. IF YOU WANTED TO END IT, IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WITH THEM GETTING MARRIED. IT WAS SO NEAT THE WAY HE WAS FIXING UP THE HOUSE.

Comment by Max – August 29, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first note evidently did not take. :Please, please renew The Glades TV Show. Don’;t end the series this way, If you wanted to end the series, you should have let Jim and Callie get married. This needs to be renewed and get the coward that shot Jim in the Back. I love this show and Jim and Callie. If it does not come back, I am through with A&E. Please renew this. Jim is the sexiest man on TV and I loved the way he was fixing up the house.I was devastated when he got shot.

Comment by Max – August 29, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess my last note did not take. Please renew The Glades. This is no way to end a series. I was devastated when Jim got shot. Find the piece of garbage who shot him in the back and let him and Callie get married. This is my favorite and they are my favorite couple., If you wanted to end the series, you should have let them get married. Please bring it back.

Comment by Max – August 29, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A&E is on Facebook. If you really want to send them a message that they might actually see, use their own page for it and add your comment to those already posted. I am not certain that anyone from any of the networks bothers reading this website. It’s great that we have it as a place to vent, but it would take a lot to convince me that anyone who NEEDS to know what we think really visits the site or even cares what we think.
      And, what I have learned is that 99% of the time, all of our begging, pleading and whining falls on deaf ears, even if it’s put where they might see it. Once a network has pulled the plug on a show, it’s down the drain. … UNLESS another network picks it up, which has happened a few times, but not many.
      @Michael A. – Am I wrong? Do you know of any network executives who read this or care what we think? The fact that The Glades had its highest-rated episode less than a week before this announcement was made leads me to believe that they really don’t care about anything except the profitability of a timeslot, and if they can put a cheaper show and make a higher profit on it, that’s what they will do.
      I don’t think ratings make a bit of difference. It’s the age of the audience that counts, so they play to the lowest common denominator, get a younger crowd, and sell that to the advertisers. Look at the demographics for the shows they keep: 18-49. They feel no responsibility to provide programming that anyone over the age of 49 will like. If we happen to like something that is geared for younger folks, that’s lucky for us, but if we don’t, no big deal. And what the younger crowds watch are all those lame-brained reality shows that have no redeeming social values.
      When I was in college, studying creative writing for TV, we were TOLD to write at the 12-year-old level, because that’s what the audience wanted and that’s where the money was to be found.
      The older I get, the more I believe this is true. Unfortunately, I am way past that age and find it difficult to find much of anything that truly enthralls and entertains me. This seems to be the year I’m losing more shows than ever before. Thank heaven for DVDs!!!

Comment by Mary S – August 31, 2013 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right about everything. They get us sucked into watching shows of our own age group n than the next thing we we find out is that its been cancelled.

Comment by Colorspink – September 1, 2013 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you! If I were really wealthy, I’d buy stock in (several) networks and go to the stockholders’ meetings to demand that they return to the kind of programming that kept them at the top for all those years. Then I would demand that the current Programming Director be replaced with an intelligent human being with an IQ above that of a chimpanzee.

Comment by Mary S – September 1, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Watch The Americans, it is renewed for it’s second season, good, deep, intelligent, (factual
          time of the cold war, when young Russian couples were trained to live as Americans and how
          as they grew older one or both starts to love the USA etc. they are raising kids here and still doing
          cold war work, well written, deep character personalities, like when they are doing dishes or
          laundry and think back to their youth in Russia (with flashbacks) or miss their parents. Love this show. Comes back Feb. 26ths. Give it a look. Cherin

Comment by (Cherin) – January 7, 2014 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which is why I watch reruns of Murphy Brown and Mash.
        And thank God for The Exes, Happily Divorced, Doc Martin…wildly funny shows with a little
        edge to them, not for people looking for the laugh to be handed to them like so many
        predictable comedies that keep getting RENEWED! Cherin

Comment by (Cherin) – January 7, 2014 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, how come they cancelled Bunhead n the Lying Game? I love those show n I was waiting for them to return n now to fine out they won’t be returning is a shock to me. Plz tell me y? I would also like to no if Golden Boy is returning as well plz? Thanks you.

Comment by Colors pink – September 1, 2013 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could A&E end a series by killing the main character, Milt Passmore. I am NEVER watching A&E again. They should have ended it with him marrying Callie. I hope TNT or USA or some other station will pick it up. That was horrible. The writers are nuts.

Comment by Max – September 1, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am certain that they would not have closed the season like that if they had realized there would not be a new season…And I blame A&E for withholding that information from the writers, producers, actors and crew.
      That is just not good form! Now I worry about the fate of Longmire, the only other show I watch on this wicked network.
      Syfy lost me when it cancelled Warehouse 13-I’ll be back for the final few episodes, but no more after that!
      NBC loses me after the final episode of Law and Order SVU, unless they are REALLY good at adding the new shows…nothing else that they air holds any interest for me at all.

Comment by Mary S – September 1, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the finally True Blood Stunk!

Comment by Gage Mims – September 3, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they just going to leave The Lying Game at loose ends?

Comment by kel – September 7, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suits S4 renewal could go either way -seriously? It hasn’t performed as well as last year but it has been much better than some of the others. I would have said it will more than likely be renewed

Comment by Sparky – September 10, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Longmire! I so want it to be renewed.

Comment by Linda Magoon – September 10, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I look forward every week to “The Bridge.” Acting is great…well written story line. I hope they renew it for next year. It is not for everyone…mature audience. They have a little bit of everything. It also made me realize that these things actually do happen on the U.S./Mexican border.

Comment by Dottie – September 12, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Michael A and those who monitor these posts: I just got a comment about bookmaking…HOW DID YOU LET THAT GET THROUGH???

Comment by Mary S – September 15, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know REELZ is a small network but does anyone else watch “Cracked” and what are the chances that it will be renewed?

Comment by Eddie – September 15, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it already has been its apparently back on 30th of sept ooh tomorrow according to its FB page

Comment by anna – September 28, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can Suits not be automatically cancelled?

Comment by jen – September 18, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has there been any word on syfy’s Being Human?? Has it been canceled or renewed for a season 4 and if so when will it premire season 4?? Any word on ABC Family’s The Vineyard?? Is it being picked up for a season 2?? I sooo love that show!!!!!

Comment by Cheryl – September 19, 2013 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any Franklin & Bash renewal news?! hoping it gets a 4th season!

Comment by Elyse – September 20, 2013 02:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know if The White Queen is capable of a second season? From what I understand it’s based on three (novelized) history books…and it’s 10 and done.

Comment by JB – September 21, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUITS could go either way?? Are you kidding? Best show on USA! Please tell me this will be renewed!

Comment by Karen – September 22, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I quit ABCFamily when they canceled The Lying Game!

Comment by ldylkngb – September 22, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Suits & Covert Affairs! Can’t believe they haven’t automatically renewed Suits!

Comment by ldylkngb – September 22, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love The Newsroom! But the way the last show ended was like a finale, Please tell me this will be renewed!!!!!!

Comment by ldylkngb – September 22, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel Suits. Heart broken King and Maxwell didn’t make it.

Comment by H.F.Washington – September 22, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Twisted on ABC family better return! There are so many twists and turns and I want to see what happens!! The lead male is a great actor as well as the 2 young ladies who play the friend of the male lead!

Comment by Adriana – September 22, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OK, running through the renewal info, what I’ve learned is that there a LOT of shows that I have never heard of and so haven’t watched or will miss.
      A&E did a TERRIBLE thing, cancelling The Glades in the middle of a storyline, but at least Longmire has a chance to come back.
      BBCAmerica- cancelled Being Human without formal notice, but I had learned of its demise on its own website, before it ever premiered here; I tried but could not like Copper and gave up on it early on…but DOCTOR WHO will be back with a new Doctor (I saw the announcement show)! Hey, after 50 years, of course it will be back; they have a built-in means of changing it up that is just ingenious. I never regularly watched any of the other BBCA shows.
      Syfy cancelled Warehouse 13, which will have its final 6 episodes in 2014, the American version of Being Human will also be back in 2014, and one of the very few reality shows that interests/fascinates me, Face Off, is in the middle of its season right now, but is not on the list posted above.
      Showtime has cancelled Dexter, with fair warning, which they did NOT provide for The Borgias’ very abrupt ending. Ray Donovan has been renewed. I hope they improve the wife’s attitude for the next season, maybe let her see what a dummy she was by bringing dad back to the family…or get rid of her altogether. She and the kids are not adding value to Ray’s life in any way. They need to go back to Boston!
      I haven’t been able to like The White Queen on Starz nearly as much as I loved The Borgias. I don’t care if it’s renewed or not.
      MANY people will be happy to see Cougar Town on TBS, but I never watched it. Maybe I’ll give it an episode or two to see if it captures me…
      I cannot BELIEVE they cancelled King and Maxwell…I really liked that show. I was so glad that Jon Tenney was back on the air after having to leave the Closer…the show made me SMILE without giving me a phony laugh track. I loved that! And I was very disappointed to lose Monday Mornings, too. ON A POSITIVE NOTE: They are keeping Major Crimes, Perception, and Rizzoli and Isles. I never watched any of the others, so I don’t care if they are here, or gone.
      It appears that, once again, USA will be my “go to” station, as I love/loved 7 out of the 8 shows listed. Burn Notice had a satisfying (with a sad but victorious death for mom) series ending and Suits and Necessary Roughness “could go either way” – which concerns me greatly! I do not want to lose either of those shows; they are very entertaining and I see them as “comfort food” with enough tension to move the story forward but not enough to stress me out.
      So, at the moment, I have mixed feelings: upset about the loss of King and Maxwell, worried about the return of Suits and Necessary Roughness, and delighted about the return of Major Crimes, Perception and Rizzoli and Isles.
      Thank you for a means of keeping up with the latest developments!
      it will be interesting to see what the networks do next…..

Comment by Mary S – September 22, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mary S. ~ Thank you so so much about the update on America’s Syfy Being Human!!! I couldn’t get on their website (I haven’t up graded my cell phone to a smart phone yet LOL) and I don’t own a computer. Have you by chance heard about ABC Family’s The Vineyard renew for a second season or TLC’s Welcome to Myrtle Manor?? I love this website it’s very informitive. Once again thank you and keep up the GREAT work!!!! <3 <3 :D

Comment by Cheryl – October 3, 2013 12:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Cheryl, I’m sorry; I went to the two websites and could find nothing about renewals for Myrtle Manor or The Vineyard. Possibly those decisions have not been made yet. Maybe Michael could answer the question.
          @Michael (or whomever monitors these posts!), any info for Cheryl about either of these shows?
          Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment by Mary S – October 3, 2013 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Mary~ Thank you for taking the time to look for me!!! You’re awesome have a blessed week :) <3 <3

Comment by Cheryl – October 8, 2013 01:59 AM PDT
  • Three things:
    •Is The Bletchly Circle returning?
    •You say The White Queen series 1 premiered in August. Is there a second season?
    •SUITS Why on earth would its renewal be up in the air?

Comment by Gwc – September 25, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Bletchly Circle is coming back, it has been renewed by ITV, when? no idea there isn’t a UK airing date that i could find
      The White Queen was always set-up as one off, says the producer and BBC

Comment by Pascal – September 25, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!!! The Bridge is renewed!!! What a complex and wonderful show!

Thank you so much for posting on its status!!!

Comment by JM – September 30, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope they don’t cancel SUITS………….one of the better drama shows on TV these days

Comment by Dyna Lee – October 18, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the heck is wrong with America? Who watches all this crap! Stupid soap opera type shows , reality shows that are far from real, junk. Thank God for CBS

Comment by Stephenie – October 24, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a bust. King and Maxwell and Monday Mornings were better than most renewed.
    Disgust!

Comment by Stephenie – October 24, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Truly miss Monday mornings! Smart, funny, touching and well acted. One of the best dramas in a long time. Wasn’t given a chance….it was just starting to catch on and then it disappeared. Bad choice!.how about a different time slot or more publicity? Also liked king and Maxwell and Copper. Was it becase it was geared toward an over 30 crowd?

Comment by Linda – October 28, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t know what happens next on THE GLADES. I’m so sad. Please bring it back!!!!!

Comment by Sharon Best – October 31, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post