Breaking Bad: Smoky Final Episodes Poster Foretells Doom — But For Whom?

Get More: Previews

All good things must come to an end — and as new art for Breaking Bad‘s final episodes reminds us, the converse also is true.

The new teaser poster heralds the AMC series’ last eight episodes, the first of which debuts on Sunday, August 11 at 9/8c. Taken literally, might the “bad thing” alluded to in the picture be Walter White himself?

RELATED | AMC Announces Breaking Bad ‘Spin-Off’

Scrutinize the visual (which was first posted by USA Today), then hit the comments: How do you think the second half of Season 5 will go down?

breaking bad final eps teaser poster

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• It’s probably not a spoiler of any kind. Most likely whipped up by some marketing guy at A&E with no input from the showrunners. I still like it.

Comment by mst3k – June 4, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @mst3k, too bad the show is on AMC and not A&E.

Comment by Chris Kontos (@kontos9in11) – June 4, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah thats what I meant. Derp.

Comment by mst3k – June 4, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love a well-placed ‘derp’! I applaud your good humor about the mind-blip. We all do it from time to time. :-)

Comment by TV Gord – June 5, 2013 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I doubt it means anything, they just took the saying “All good things come to an end” and released it with bad for the show.

Still neat.

Comment by Midori – June 4, 2013 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t that the same smoke with green hue used in the opening credits since Day One? I wouldn’t read much into it.

Comment by RockGolf – June 4, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by K – June 4, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been thinking about this lately. I think Walt will have to kill Hank, then Skylar will kill herself, then Jesse will be forced to kill Walt.

Comment by jemagu – June 4, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • everyone seems to expect Walt will come to a bad ending but I think he will continue to skyrocket as a drug lord and all the people around him he was trying to provide for in the first place will go down in flames while Walt will outlast them all

Comment by settlejohn449 – June 4, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i think Walt will be alive but lose his family and he will take Jesse out after Hank. cant wait

Comment by Kerry – June 4, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve maintained ever since the Crawl Space episode aired that this series ends with Walt dead in a dark desert while a fallen flashlight lights up his body, killed by whoever has come to take his place in the drug world. It’s a cycle and you can’t stay on top forever. Just ask Gus Fring about that. I’m not sure what happens with Skylar and Hank, though I do suspect Skylar dies somehow just going off the “angel” shot of her at the end of Crawl Space. Or maybe Hank forces Skylar to turn against her husband and she goes into witness protection with the kids. But still dies. I think Walt is probably going to kill Jesse, because that seems like the next step in making Walt vile. I know some people last season thought that Walt would frame Jesse and that’s why he gave him the money, but I don’t think that would work because Hank knows it’s Walt. He knows, and there’s no way he could be put off Walt’s trail with a misdirect. Now that he’s found that Whitman book, he’ll put all the pieces together in his head.
    My other idea with Hank is that Walt kills Hank, because again, killing a family member would just serve to make him more vile. Then maybe from there the theory of him framing Jesse could work.
    And you can all believe now that everything I’ve just said never happens this season because I am so incredibly terrible at guessing the outcomes of series.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – June 4, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Vince Gillagan and Breaking Bad – you should ALWAYS read something in to it. Cannot wait to see the last episodes, yet don’t want the best show on tv to end either!

Comment by Karen – June 4, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • From comments via recent interviews with RJ Mitte in which he claims that his role increases in the final episodes, I think that Walt Jr. is going to be a major player in the ending. Whether that means he dies or kills, one thing to keep in mind is that he is the only major character on Breaking Bad who has remained a true innocent. I could see his death being the best example of things going bad to worst. I could also see him seeking justice for the death of other family members. He’s a good kid. And his sense of morality is separate from everyone else. He also loves everyone in his family, including Hank and Marie.

One thing I don’t see happening is Walt Jr. becoming involved in his father’s drug business. Breaking Bad hopefully won’t jump the shark so close to the end.

Comment by Chael Montgomery – June 4, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • call me crazy, but I see a face in that smoke.

Comment by Lorraine – June 5, 2013 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right above the “u” in must?

Comment by mike – June 7, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah bro theirs an eye right there, as wel

Comment by sean – June 22, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes exactly theirs a face right there and it’s not only one

Comment by sean – June 22, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah bro i see it too, it’s an eye leading down to a nose and the cheekbones ending at the lip, this is the reason im on this forum in the first place nobody else has mentioned it!

Comment by Sean – June 21, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walt ends up dead in a barrel of acid done by Jesse/Hank… remember you heard it here first.

Comment by number42is1 – June 5, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to see a picture in that smoke, but what I do see are the letters Ba in a square with the numbers 56. Ba is the symbol for Barium. I’ll let the scientists among you fill in the gaps.

I just remember Walt in a semi-disguise in some unknown diner collecting guns for an obvious shoot-out. And I imagine him to have had a recurrence of his cancer and he’s now out to get revenge for something we don’t know about yet…or the cops are hunting him down because of Hank turning him in.

I cannot wait!

Comment by pinkie – June 5, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sure that we’ll see Walt die, I am just not sure how yet, and also how many characters he’ll take with him. The only thing I am certain of is that I cannot wait for the last 8 episodes.

Comment by Grey Worm – June 7, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can see the show coming full circle – Jesse takes out Walt and replaces him just as Walt replaced Gus and Gus replaced the Mexicans.

I can also see a scenario where Walt’s cancer returns and leads him to act very, very reckless because he knows he has little to lose.

Comment by Cannonball – June 7, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad all bad things must come to an end teaser poster features hidden face, eyes, cheekbone and nose in the larger area of smoke as well as another eye

Comment by sean – June 22, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post