Ratings: The Killing Still Has Some Life In It

the killing season 3 ratingsThe Killing kicked off its third season Sunday with respectable numbers.

AMC’s resurrected drama drew an average 1.8 million viewers over the course of its two-hour premiere, on par with its Season 2 debut in April 2012 and up an impressive 20 percent from its Season 2 finale.

RELATED | The Killing Premiere Recap: ‘The Light at the End of the Tunnel is a Train Speeding Toward Them’

Equally as encouraging for AMC: TVLine readers gave the opener an A- grade.

1. Midori says:

And down 55% from from the season 1 finale, and 110% from the pilot.

2. WayneInNYC says:

The two-hour Season 3 premiere was a vast improvement over Seasons 1 & 2.

• Martine says:

True. It was even better then before. More spooky. Great characters. I love Bullet already. But its good to have Holder and Linden back. I missed them.

3. Dave says:

i was seriously hoping it would be a bad episode and i wouldn’t get sucked back in … but it was a shockingly good two hours … totally back on board.

4. Holly says:

Good to hear. I liked the premiere. Looking forward to next week’s episode.

5. Wrstlgirl says:

I enjoyed it very much.

6. ajintexas says:

I enjoyed it. Glad to see that it ties in to an old case and isn’t just a rinse and repeat of the Larsen case. The serial killer aspect is interesting too. I thought the family last season was great, but I think it will be better this time around without so much family drama. That last scene was just creepy too.

7. rubicon21 says:

and they didnt give rubicon a second season. To hell with Amc

8. Cheo says:

Great setup, exposition, character establishment. You couldn’t ask for more.

9. Trresa says:

I loved it I was so disappointed when they were going to cancel it I think Linden and Holder are magnificent together. New characters looked great too looking forward to the season

10. Ms Sud says:

I have bothered to post that I won’t bother to watch this show.

11. Woomble says:

Loved the S3 premiere. Can’t wait to see Holder and Linden back in action together. Holder is so bad-ass!

12. Luvmygreys says:

Loved the premier but hated the scene with those poor cows. It didn’t have anything to do with plot. Want Linden back on the force with Holder STAT. Holder looks great, hmm very good. I am officially back on board this train.

13. flo says:

Loved it. Kept me interested all the way.

14. Tom says:

The show has always been good. Just the fact that the murder dragged on an extra season did not agree with the fans. Eager to watch more of this season!

15. Matthew says:

Only big problem is there’s not a lot of believable suspects right now. I’d say the two biggest ones are…

*SPOILER IN CASE YOU HAVEN’T SEEN IT*

The pastor is probably #1. He would have the ability to control these girls, they’d trust him. He’d offer a ride home and kill them. Plus he’s old enough to have committed the last murder that Linden was investigating.
    Or the guy that’s trying to be a model. He has also shown to be in control, and they made a big effort of showing that the perpetrator controls the girls so they aren’t scared when they pull up at a mysterious location. “He didn’t take her here to have sex, she knew that,” or something along those lines, was said by Holder when investigating the crime scene.
    There’s also a possible of some huge left-field twist and it’s Holder’s partner or something (not Linden, the other one). Also that violent street-kid that raped “Little Man” (the lesbian girl) is too obvious; I predict he dies in a very violent fashion at the hands of the real killer, or even “Little Man.”

• drhenning says:

Gregg Henry is always good for being a bad guy… Hollis Doyle anyone???

• Martine says:

No way is it either of those two. I doubt we have even met the killer yet. Twitch is not the killer. thats just silly. The pastor perhaps, but then why would Ashley have got in the car? She was looking for a paid date, not to go home. She smiled all sexy when she got in and everything. It was very clear that she went with the killer thinking he was a john. And Ashley would know the pastor would not pay her for sex. So NO. The cab driver whose name is Joe is not the killer, and he is probably going to be questioned, but who knows. I am also wondering about Sewards son. The kid that drew the pictures himself. Could he have done this?? Plus you are not thinking of the Seward case and how it ties into this. I think we will meet more suspects later.

• Martine says:

Oh and the guy that raped Bullet is not a street kid. He is a cab driver. I don’t think you are paying much attention to the story, thats the problem. Also Twitch, who is the guy that wants to be a model is not old enough to be involved in the Seward case. One interesting thing about the pastor; Did you notice his tattoo? Its interesting if there are 17 bodies discovered.

• minnnyme says:

Martine;
        Sorry to disagree with you, but the cab driver DID NOT rape Bullet! It WAS that bully, creepy short guy who pimped out the girls if I’m not mistaken. Can I please ask you a question about something because I must have missed it ~ What is the pastors tattoo of actually? But, after tonight and what happened with Linden, they pretty much ruled him out; I think that he just got a bad rap in AZ for trying to detox that girl, and was trying to start his life over again, still trying to help the children, but got caught in this mess. I feel kind of sorry for him, don’t you?