Ratings: The Killing Still Has Some Life In It

Get More: Ratings

the killing season 3 ratingsThe Killing kicked off its third season Sunday with respectable numbers.

AMC’s resurrected drama drew an average 1.8 million viewers over the course of its two-hour premiere, on par with its Season 2 debut in April 2012 and up an impressive 20 percent from its Season 2 finale.

RELATED | The Killing Premiere Recap: ‘The Light at the End of the Tunnel is a Train Speeding Toward Them’

Equally as encouraging for AMC: TVLine readers gave the opener an A- grade.

Tags: ,

Comments (41)

• And down 55% from from the season 1 finale, and 110% from the pilot.

Comment by Midori – June 3, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Should shoot in California where they could get mighty tax breaks!!!!!!

Comment by Lauren – June 3, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Its too expensive to shoot in California and no one does it. Besides which wherever they are shooting looks very pretty.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It can’t have lost 110% of the pilot’s viewers…

Comment by xx – June 3, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wow people. Way over your head.

I

Comment by Midori4 – June 3, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh, I think everyone grasps the concept of “feeble attempt at humor that makes me look like I don’t know math.”

Comment by Simon Jester – June 3, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How exactly is lying humor? Its doing very well, obviously which makes you angry, but it makes us who watch the show pleased. You are just being nasty, and stupid while you are at it.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 03:56 PM PDT
          • Lol. Yes. Thats about correct.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:09 PM PDT
    • It cannot be down 100%. That is impossible. Math.

Comment by Pat – June 3, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Down a 110% … First time in history. You ´re so funny

Comment by Taytay – June 3, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL. Itrs up from the season one finally, and if it was down 110 percent from the pilot, it would have negative viewers. Maybe you need to go back to school. The show is even better then before. 1.8 puts it at the top of the day for cable. Smart move AMC, and I couldn’t be happier.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thats a very stupid comment.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The two-hour Season 3 premiere was a vast improvement over Seasons 1 & 2.

Comment by WayneInNYC – June 3, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. It was even better then before. More spooky. Great characters. I love Bullet already. But its good to have Holder and Linden back. I missed them.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was seriously hoping it would be a bad episode and i wouldn’t get sucked back in … but it was a shockingly good two hours … totally back on board.

Comment by Dave – June 3, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good to hear. I liked the premiere. Looking forward to next week’s episode.

Comment by Holly – June 3, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed it very much.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – June 3, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed it. Glad to see that it ties in to an old case and isn’t just a rinse and repeat of the Larsen case. The serial killer aspect is interesting too. I thought the family last season was great, but I think it will be better this time around without so much family drama. That last scene was just creepy too.

Comment by ajintexas – June 3, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and they didnt give rubicon a second season. To hell with Amc

Comment by rubicon21 – June 3, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Every time I think of Rubicon I get mad! It was such a good show!!!

Comment by Diane – June 3, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yawn…… that’s what I did during that show… maybe because I watched it late at night…

Comment by drhenning – June 4, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Which we need to know why? If you slept through that you don’t have a pulse.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great setup, exposition, character establishment. You couldn’t ask for more.

Comment by Cheo – June 3, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it I was so disappointed when they were going to cancel it I think Linden and Holder are magnificent together. New characters looked great too looking forward to the season

Comment by Trresa – June 3, 2013 07:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have bothered to post that I won’t bother to watch this show.

Comment by Ms Sud – June 3, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Ms Sud – I’ll alert the media.

Comment by Simon Jester – June 3, 2013 08:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • How very not interesting.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I bet you like the animated shows on television. Probably easier for you to understand.

Comment by minnnyme – July 14, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the S3 premiere. Can’t wait to see Holder and Linden back in action together. Holder is so bad-ass!

Comment by Woomble – June 3, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the premier but hated the scene with those poor cows. It didn’t have anything to do with plot. Want Linden back on the force with Holder STAT. Holder looks great, hmm very good. I am officially back on board this train.

Comment by Luvmygreys – June 3, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes it did. It foreshadowed Linden finding all the bodies at end of the episode.

Comment by Amber (@queerpoet) – June 4, 2013 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^ This.

Comment by Simon Jester – June 4, 2013 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It foreshadowed the finding of the bodies, and Linden shooting the cow that was in pain was symbolic of her finding the strength to end her own pain and to do what needs doing.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it. Kept me interested all the way.

Comment by flo – June 3, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has always been good. Just the fact that the murder dragged on an extra season did not agree with the fans. Eager to watch more of this season!

Comment by Tom – June 3, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only big problem is there’s not a lot of believable suspects right now. I’d say the two biggest ones are…

*SPOILER IN CASE YOU HAVEN’T SEEN IT*

The pastor is probably #1. He would have the ability to control these girls, they’d trust him. He’d offer a ride home and kill them. Plus he’s old enough to have committed the last murder that Linden was investigating.
    Or the guy that’s trying to be a model. He has also shown to be in control, and they made a big effort of showing that the perpetrator controls the girls so they aren’t scared when they pull up at a mysterious location. “He didn’t take her here to have sex, she knew that,” or something along those lines, was said by Holder when investigating the crime scene.
    There’s also a possible of some huge left-field twist and it’s Holder’s partner or something (not Linden, the other one). Also that violent street-kid that raped “Little Man” (the lesbian girl) is too obvious; I predict he dies in a very violent fashion at the hands of the real killer, or even “Little Man.”

Comment by Matthew – June 4, 2013 07:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gregg Henry is always good for being a bad guy… Hollis Doyle anyone???

Comment by drhenning – June 4, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way is it either of those two. I doubt we have even met the killer yet. Twitch is not the killer. thats just silly. The pastor perhaps, but then why would Ashley have got in the car? She was looking for a paid date, not to go home. She smiled all sexy when she got in and everything. It was very clear that she went with the killer thinking he was a john. And Ashley would know the pastor would not pay her for sex. So NO. The cab driver whose name is Joe is not the killer, and he is probably going to be questioned, but who knows. I am also wondering about Sewards son. The kid that drew the pictures himself. Could he have done this?? Plus you are not thinking of the Seward case and how it ties into this. I think we will meet more suspects later.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh and the guy that raped Bullet is not a street kid. He is a cab driver. I don’t think you are paying much attention to the story, thats the problem. Also Twitch, who is the guy that wants to be a model is not old enough to be involved in the Seward case. One interesting thing about the pastor; Did you notice his tattoo? Its interesting if there are 17 bodies discovered.

Comment by Martine – June 6, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Martine;
        Sorry to disagree with you, but the cab driver DID NOT rape Bullet! It WAS that bully, creepy short guy who pimped out the girls if I’m not mistaken. Can I please ask you a question about something because I must have missed it ~ What is the pastors tattoo of actually? But, after tonight and what happened with Linden, they pretty much ruled him out; I think that he just got a bad rap in AZ for trying to detox that girl, and was trying to start his life over again, still trying to help the children, but got caught in this mess. I feel kind of sorry for him, don’t you?

Comment by minnnyme – July 14, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post