Girls Casts Boardwalk Empire's Michael Zegen for Season 3 – Is He the New Charlie?

Michael Zegen Girls Season 3Girls is adding another guy to its cast, tapping Boardwalk Empire‘s Michael Zegen for a potentially recurring Season 3 stint.

RELATED | Girls Season 3 Spoilers: Marnie Poised to ‘Skip’ a Season

According to Deadline, which first broke the news, Zegen may fill the void left by the sudden exit of Christopher Abbott (Charlie) — a departure his costar Allison Williams told TVLine had “a huge effect on our show and [on the character of] Marnie specifically.”

Zegen is also set to return to Boardwalk Empire this fall as Bugsy Siegel. His other credits include The Walking Dead and Rescue Me.

1. dude says:

i may be wrong but i believe this is the fourth year

2. Diana says:

You’re wrong. They’ve done two seasons.

3. dude says:

nevermind read article wrong. sry

4. WTactualF says:

Ugh, Girls. 👎👎👎 I hope the season does poorly and HBO cancels it.

• Sam says:

Okay, if it were on network TV, I would say that’s a valid opinion. But HBO has no set number of hours for shows. This is a fairly inexpensive, half-hour program on a network with a large amount of capital and space to spare. Why would you want it cancelled?

• Sam says:

Or you could just not watch the show and not worry about it?

5. Ben Kabak says:

Love him!

6. He was Randal in Walking Dead and huge part of Rescue Me he’s awesome

7. Casey says:

When your tweet said “Boardwalk Empire actor,” I was so hoping it’d be him! I’m so excited! I’ve loved him since Rescue Me! <3

8. Ben says:

Michael Zegen does great work. He’ll be a good addition to the cast.

9. I hate it when actors abandon shows . I hope they kill off Charlie in a humiliating way to start the season. Ex. Charlie dies of Autoerotic Asphyxiation and season 3 starts off with his funeral.

10. Sara says:

I really hope charlie isn’t gone or replaced! the very last episode him and marney just got things figured out finally!! i was hoping to see more of them together in season 3! ugh please be false, please please please

11. Aaron says:

Howdy would you mind letting me know which web host you’re utilizing?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a
    honest price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!