Girls Casts Boardwalk Empire's Michael Zegen for Season 3 – Is He the New Charlie?

Get More: Casting News

Michael Zegen Girls Season 3Girls is adding another guy to its cast, tapping Boardwalk Empire‘s Michael Zegen for a potentially recurring Season 3 stint.

RELATED | Girls Season 3 Spoilers: Marnie Poised to ‘Skip’ a Season

According to Deadline, which first broke the news, Zegen may fill the void left by the sudden exit of Christopher Abbott (Charlie) — a departure his costar Allison Williams told TVLine had “a huge effect on our show and [on the character of] Marnie specifically.”

Zegen is also set to return to Boardwalk Empire this fall as Bugsy Siegel. His other credits include The Walking Dead and Rescue Me.

Comments (14)

• i may be wrong but i believe this is the fourth year

Comment by dude – June 3, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re wrong. They’ve done two seasons.

Comment by Diana – June 3, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nevermind read article wrong. sry

Comment by dude – June 3, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, Girls. 👎👎👎 I hope the season does poorly and HBO cancels it.

Comment by WTactualF – June 3, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay, if it were on network TV, I would say that’s a valid opinion. But HBO has no set number of hours for shows. This is a fairly inexpensive, half-hour program on a network with a large amount of capital and space to spare. Why would you want it cancelled?

Comment by Sam – June 3, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Or you could just not watch the show and not worry about it?

Comment by Sam – June 3, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup, pretty much this.

Comment by Trag – June 3, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love him!

Comment by Ben Kabak – June 3, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was Randal in Walking Dead and huge part of Rescue Me he’s awesome

Comment by Brandon Lillis – June 3, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When your tweet said “Boardwalk Empire actor,” I was so hoping it’d be him! I’m so excited! I’ve loved him since Rescue Me! <3

Comment by Casey – June 3, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Zegen does great work. He’ll be a good addition to the cast.

Comment by Ben – June 3, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate it when actors abandon shows . I hope they kill off Charlie in a humiliating way to start the season. Ex. Charlie dies of Autoerotic Asphyxiation and season 3 starts off with his funeral.

Comment by jaym3z33 (@jaym3z33) – June 4, 2013 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope charlie isn’t gone or replaced! the very last episode him and marney just got things figured out finally!! i was hoping to see more of them together in season 3! ugh please be false, please please please

Comment by Sara – July 18, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Howdy would you mind letting me know which web host you’re utilizing?
    I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good internet hosting provider at a
    honest price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Comment by Aaron – November 1, 2013 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post