Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Falling Skies Season 3 Key Art Bares a Chilling Fact -- Plus: A New Enemy!

When TNT’s Falling Skies returns, it becomes clear that much has happened in the seven months that have elapsed since the events of the Season 2 finale — and TVLine has a first look at a new poster that drives home the newly realized stakes. Plus: Get a first look at a new (yet “familiar”) enemy with whom the humans must battle.

RELATED | Hot for Summer: Your Handy Guide to 125 Premieres and Finales

In the action-packed, two-hour Season 3 premiere (airing Sunday, June 9, at 9/8c), President Tom Mason, Weaver and the troops discover in the midst of a mission that the kids who have been harnessed by the Espheni (aka “fishheads”) ultimately absorb their dorsal parasite and transform into ruthless soldiers, if not tended to in time. As such, this Season 3 poster warns, “Battle Them Or Become Them.” (Click to zoom.)

RELATED | Falling Skies Season 3 Scoop (and More!) Via Matt’s Inside Line

Also: In the slideshow below, you can get a first look at the jazzy new tech that the Volm (the “bubbleheads” that arrived on Earth in the season finale) have given the humans to extract the harnesses, and see for yourself what one of the aforementioned child warriors looks like.

Will you be tuning in for Falling Skies Season 3?

FallingSkies_Season3_Poster_600

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Premieres, Summer TV Preview

1. I still wish TNT could have saved V from ABC and paired it with Falling Skies. It would still be on the air today if they had.

2. wrstlgirl says:

YAY!

3. monieet says:

TNT cancelled Leverage, so I will NOT watch.

4. Staci says:

excited is not the word i am beyond thrilled falling skies and i sure miss red eye he is and was a huge part of falling skies and does anyone know if red eye might come back

• Skip says:

As you might recall, Red-eye was killed in the last episode of last season by the “fish-head” overlord during the assault on the weapon. The same battle where Dai was killed and Tom found out Anne was pregnant…

5. Patricia says:

Love this show, will be watching

6. Linderella says:

Anything starring Noah Wyle is worth watching. Falling Skies definitely fills the bill! Can’t wait!

7. James says:

Booyah counting the days. Despite the fact you need to check your reality cap at the door this is one of my favorite shows.

8. I need to get into this show. It won’t last long but it looks incredibly good.

• Shaun says:

Third season already…..so it’s pretty stable.

• Lo says:

It’s on it’s 3rd season, not many shows nowadays can boast that, especially not sci-fi ones.

• James says:

it actually owns the summer programing in the key demo last time i checked, and they just hired a new show-runner for season 4 so i think it’s pretty stable. definitely give it a shot it’s one of the better shows out there.

• Midori says:

Why would you hire a new show runner for a show that hasn’t been picked up for a 4th season?

Also, it’s pretty stable, but with only 10 episodes a year, and a cost of 4+ million dollars an episode who knows what the ratings will be like when it returns.

9. Dan says:

I hope they do a long “previously on Falling Skies”, because I have absolutely no idea of what happened last season.

• Sg. Grant says:

TNT is airing the entire series over the next couple weeks. I plan to at least watch last season’s finale again, since I can’t really remember what happened either, outside of that new ship with the awesome new alien landing.

• Sg. Grant says:

Amended. The entire season 2 airs this Saturday. It starts at 10am EST, and the finale is at 7pm Saturday night. This site really needs to ability to edit comments.

• Diz says:

Thank You! I love this show, but with nearly a year break I like to re-watch finales because I can’t remember where it left off.

10. Steve F. says:

As long as Pope and Maggie are still around, I’m good. Looks like there’s no hope for Karen, though…

11. Jennifer says:

As long as Pope, Tom and the Colonial will be back so will I. I really don’t care enough about Maggie and I never liked Karen so if neither is back I’m ok with that. But like that horrid Emma on The Following, I’m assume that both Maggie and Karen will be back.

12. OnceFan316 says:

Falling Skies is pretty good if you want to something to watch during this summer. Can say the same thing about Teen Wolf which has actually been surprising for a MTV type of show.

13. Staci says:

i know red eye died last season but so did bobby ewing on dallas so if bobby can come back from dying in a hospital bed the producers can darn well bring red eye back come on fans let them know we want red eye back and producers writers get your head out your butt and bring red eye back now i am done

14. Annie says:

Falling Skies, V, and Teen Wolf all AMAZING shows.

15. Skye says:

Seriously, come on fans let them know we want falling skies back for season4! They needed to put falling skies on a main channel like 4 they would get a lot more promotion. I love falling skies and hal mason you are awesome come on good hal defeat bad hal. HAL BETTER NOT DIE!

16. Skye says:

Falling skies is waayyyyyy better than any show out there its worth waiting a year for

17. Skye says:

I liked red eye hal actually talks and very interesting also easy on the eyes