What Happens Next: Will Revenge's Big Reveal Trigger Blowback from Jack?

Revenge Season 3 PreviewTVLine hits rewind on the TV season’s biggest “What Happens Next” finales, then invites you to predict the cliffhanger outcomes

Revenge ended its sophomore season by outing a secret set up in the series’ pilot: Emily Thorne is really Amanda Clarke, and now her childhood love Jack knows it.

It was a humdinger of a way to wrap the ABC drama’s two-hour finale, which also included the murder of Emily’s mentor Takeda (by her lover Aiden), Conrad’s election-night victory, Nolan’s arrest for a Carrion-created blackout, the reappearance of Victoria’s first (monotone-voiced) son and the death of hapless Declan. Oh, and let’s not forget that The Initiative never really existed – but Conrad was one of its evil masterminds, anyway.

VIDEO | The New Spoiler Alert! Reviews the Finales of Revenge, Nashville, Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy

In the hour’s final moments, as Conrad thanked his backers, a vengeful Jack trained a gun on the Governor-Elect from afar. Emily intercepted her friend and set up a huge cliffhanger when she uttered the only thing she thought might deter him: “Deep down inside, you’ve always known the truth: I’m Amanda Clarke.”

RELATED | What Happens Next: Which Nashville Career Is Doomed to Crash?

What do you think will happen when Season 3 arrives? Rewatch the finale cliffhanger below, then review our carefully hand-crafted poll options and vote, elaborating on your picks in the comments.

1. Nikki says:

From how he’s reacted previously over being lied to, he’s probably going to just be furious at her!

2. Ellie says:

Furious at her lies, Jack plots his own Revengenda against Emily for ruining his life and Fauxmanda’s death!

• iMember says:

I think he’ll be angry, but overtime he’ll work together with Emily to get revenge against the Graysons with her. I’m reeeally excited to see Season 3 already!

• Nick says:

Would be so boring and predicable. I hope such one revelation has an interesting twist to Jack and the show rather than being an another Emily’s lap dog…

3. Valerie says:

I think Jack should point the gun at Emily, shoots but Ashley barges in, accidentally knocks Emily over so he catches the bullet instead.

4. Azerty says:

I guess A or B will be pretty close of the truth. But man, I would love option C!

5. Elyse says:

I will admit I was a Jack hater before but after the finale I could really see Jack and Emily together since he’s all revengy now too. But with this show like most shows I don’t ship certain couples that seriously so whoever Ems ends up with i’ll be happy. As long as he’s not a dbag.

6. K. says:

Well I think he should definitely be mad but PLEASE no amnesia that would ruin the whole show…..I would like to see him join forces with her and Nolan to take down the Graysons. I do like Aiden but every now then I think he becomes so obsessed with Emily that he might go off the rails….

• Chanell says:

I agree with the whole Aiden and Em’s relationship… I am kinda hoping Daniel did get rid of him. He was standing in the way of Emily’s mission to burn the Grayson’s.

• shirley says:

truthfully I feel that Aiden should stay alive in season 3 and end up with emily at the end of this serial tv , he deserves it after all what he’s been through with emily and after what he has done to be with her and protect her.. (if he wasn’t there emily might have been killed by gordon).. he’s like emily’s james bond… it would be unfair if he doesn’t end up with her..

7. Valerie says:

I think Jack is an emotional whirlwind right now, so I’m going with the breaking down in Em’s arms. However, I think once he pulls himself together, he’s going to be really freaking p’ed off (and with good reason). But, I expect that he will soon be joining forces with Em in seeking revenge on the Graysons, not to mention trying to get Nolan out of jail.

And oh yeah, you forgot to mention that it appears Daniel show Aiden in the finale (doubt he’s dead, I’m not that lucky). That was also a pretty big deal. Daniel and Aiden fighting over Emily when she doesn’t really want either one of them was one of my biggest smiles of the finale.

8. shuayb says:

I hope the new show runner can redeem Jack..he’s been. A useless ass… Other than that I don’t know what they are going to do in terms of bringing the story back to revenge… Revenge was awesome in season one because it was about her hit list. They need to go back to basics but also make it better than what ut was. They need Andrew Kriesberg or Greg Berlanti to help run the show.

• dude says:

They’ve gotten back to basics. They eliminated the initiative and refocused Emily. What more do you want?

• Radha says:

He has NOT been a useless ass. Apparently people with good morals are found boring to most fans, but I like that Jack is good.

• lorna says:

Word!!! I want Emily with Jack. Aiden is second choice. Daniel’s on the verge of being like his parentals.

• GuyAwks says:

This. All the hate for Jack is so ridiculous, he’s one of the only principled characters on the show.

• nosey says:

if all the writers focus on was the hit list with no curve ball, then the show would be stale. Show is more engaging with her weakness and distraction to her plan. And didn’t a number people on her hit list make a decision to board the plane in Season 1. At the beginning of Season 2, she did tell Fauxmanda she had a new agenda. I don’t think Jack is useless, where the writers took his character was a way of seeing hands on what the Grayson can do to a person, just like Fauxmily, the Graysons have cause innocence to go dark. Both Fauxmily and Jack have gone from innocent to dark, Fauxmily has a bigger hit list than Jack though. I like where they took his character, I see him more useful than most of the characters on the show. It is more interesting with someone in the Grayson’s crossfire, and currently that is Jack. The hit list is what caused Fauxmily to slip up, which how Frank Stevens was on to her, he notice major things did not begin to happen until she moved to the Hamptons, which is when the hit list ceased.

9. Josh says:

I just can’t get over that Conrad can even run for election. He’s been to prison two to three times, been embroiled in scandal after scandal…in what world can that even be taken seriously?

• Geo says:

Conrad probably lives in the same universe as “Dallas,” where Sue Ellen Ewing, who’s been arrested, institutionalized more than once, and in eighteen billion other scandals was able to make a serious run at the governorship of Texas. If Conrad ever runs for President, Sue Ellen can be his VP.

• Sam says:

Only in South Africa, where a criminal record is a prerequisite for a politician :)

• Beth Williams says:

and won in New York state as an Independant! Now that’s a television fantasy.

10. CJS says:

I think it’ll be either a combination of B/C (Jack shoots Conrad because of emotional overload, then falls to the floor) or C/D (Jack shoots Conrad, then he & Emily run away together)

11. laura meakin says:

E made me laugh its amazing how new showrunners can derail shows or give them the kick they need I hope we see an emily back with her old friend the red sharpie!

12. jansen says:

Completely overwhelmed Jack points the gun to his head and shoots…Final credits.

13. Maki says:

I really loved the bit more devious Jack, who doesn’t sit in the dark and wait for stuff to happen. Revenge will be his agenda but he is a smart guy, he will work with Emily cause he knows she has the money and money moves Revenge. And just killing Conrad isn’t enough for him.

14. Jen says:

I think the most likely is a combination of A/B. I don’t think Jack will shot Conrad, but I think he’ll be in denial about Amanda and/or furious at Emily.

15. MB says:

I think it’ll be A but before he gets the shot off or Emily can reach Ashley will have set the recorded message to play in the middle of Conrad’s speech throwing everything into chaos. I also suspect that Daniel will have planted the bloody shirt in his father’s things to implicate him in the disappearance of Aiden Mathis.

16. Quinn Mallory says:

Jack was way too far away and with the wrong gun to be able to shoot Conrad. Even if he does take a shot, I doubt he can hit the correct target, even in the ultra-unrealistic Revenge universe.

• the girl says:

I really want him to try, though.

My major question at this point is, if Emily doesn’t want Conrad dead, what does her revenge endgame look like? I am losing track of what it is she wants in order to be satisfied that the Graysons have suffered enough. Especially considering that now she is going to have to consider Nolan being setup.

• Radha says:

I think Emily wants them all to suffer but at the moment, she’s wanting to save Jack from becoming a murderer the same way Nolan tried to keep her from killing White Haired Man. Nolan said it would ruin Emily and I think she’s trying to save Jack from himself as he’s aiming to kill Conrad. At least, that’s my theory.

• Steven says:

I’m sure she wants them dead, but she wants their entire legacy tarnished and for them to take responsibility for the plane crash. She doesn’t want someone she cares about to go down for it.

17. MaryAnn says:

How could you say that Aiden murdered Takeda?! Takeda forced him into a duel to the death, and it was only by a complete fluke that Aiden won. It was completely self defense.

• Hmmmm says:

Didn’t the duel happen in the episode before the finale anyways? The mention seems irrelevant in this article, which is intended as a focus on the finale’s events.

• shirley says:

it’s true..I found it very unfair that they did not emphasize (when Aiden told Emily and Nolan that he killed Takeda) that it was just self defense and he could not do anything else but to kill takeda under these circumstances..

hope that emily will end up with Aiden at the end of this serial tv.. he’s worth it and deserves it..

18. N says:

I know there’s a time jump!

19. Robin says:

Good stuff tvline! I like this feature you have going. Today’s possibilities were particularly good!

20. Dan says:

LOVE THIS SCENE!!!!

Must have re-watched it hundreds of times, it is so powerful and emotional, and the music playing in the background is CHILLINGLY BEAUTIFUL and downright lovely. Can’t wait for season 3!!!

21. Alichat says:

Gotta say, it was a toss up between B and A, but based on his previous reactions, I chose B. But E had me laughing so hard!

22. Leondre says:

Also, please don’t forget to do a What Happens Next article for Grimm.

23. A says:

Don’t forget that Daniel maybe shot and killed Aiden, too!

24. Sara says:

B is probably the most realistic option, however I would die laughing if either E or F were to happen.

25. i wanted jack to find out about emily, granted.. but am i seriously THE ONLY ONE who wants to see the look on daniel’s face when HE realizes who emily really is? despite him being conrad 2.0 lately i think he genuinely loves emily.

• Deme says:

I couldn’t care less about Jack finding out. That was the B-level reveal. Can we move on now, please. And no you are not the only one. The A-1 reveal of this show will be when THE GRAYSONS discover who Emily really is. The show is about REVENGE, not a “love” story between two 9 year olds. RME

26. C would be interesting although I don’t want Conrad to die because he’s wickedly funny with Vic. Too bad you don’t have this option ~ Jack backs away from Ems in shock and disbelief, security below sees a man with a gun, shoots him and and he falls over the balcony. Or he could just shoot himself. I’m not fussy. Just want him dead and gone.

• Chloe says:

You and me both!!!

• deme says:

lol! I don’t want him dead but I am more than ready for them to move on from believing that Emily & Jack as a couple is possible. That sweet 9 year old beach summer has become too twisted. Besides Carl needs his daddy :-)

• klo says:

I agree that Conrad and Victoria’s conversations are hilarious. They are very entertaining!

27. Hmmmm says:

I do not understand the jack hate. He is the boy next door. I like rooting for him. And I appreciate that he has normal everyday struggles. I have no idea what will happen next, but I am looking forward to watching the action unfold. Hopefully, he will find a way to forgive her. Jack and Emily working together could be a great storyline. I wouldn’t mind aiden being gone only because I have a terrible time understanding his lines. I don’t mind him though, so I will be fine either way as long as the story has a clear direction.

• Chloe says:

Well, the boy who lived next door to me had a personality and a brain. Jack has neither. He’s boring as heck & he and his [now hopefully really dead] brother are major showstoppers – and I don’t mean that in a good way. And I see absolutely no chemistry between him and Emily. She had more chemistry with Sammy, the dog, but then, he had a personality. Jack is dead wood, IMHO.

• nosey says:

I think he has both personality and brains. He was the only one that is starting to put pieces together on his own. If people are critical b/c he doesn’t recognize her, I mean Victoria has met her and doesn’t recognize her either, and her own mother didn’t recognize her. His actions maybe a little out of control, but I think so is Fauxmily, Fauxmanda and every other cast that is not a Grayson. Graysons seem to be the only one who is flawless @ revenge and cover up messes. Fauxmily had to get help from Takeda and Nolan, whereas Jack is pretty much on his own. Fauxmily met her challenge w/ both Fauxmanda and Tyler. Don’t think Jack is boring @ all. Jack and Fauxmily are alike, both lives ruin at the hands of the Grayson, both very emotional, and both a little out of control, or need so help with revenge. I think he does have chemistry with her, he is the one that actually gets under Fauxmily’s skin which is why I think they do have chemistry, (of course she will have more chemisty w/ Sammy, she is closer to Sammy than Jack). Between Daniel, Aiden, and Jack, Jack to me is the only one that challenges her. Daniel and Aiden sees nothing wrong w/ her, which tells me there is no chemistry there. She is lying to all 3 men and Jack @ least started to see who she really was, and it takes both brains and personality to get to that point.

• marie says:

Jack and Emily should be together, end of story!

• GuyAwks says:

Same here, I’ve been rooting for Jack and Emily since day one! People are so shallow- they prefer Daniel because he’s filthy rich, despite the fact that he continues to cover up what his family did to David and do horrible things out of greed. As for Aiden, he’s not as bad as Daniel but he has nowhere to go storywise. Jack and Emily’s story is so well written and their love is so lovely to watch. Plus Nick Wechsler is far more gorgeous than any other man on the show.

• Hmmmmm says:

So refreshing to read your comment. I feel like many people do not like Jack because he does not look like a male underwear model. But, isn’t that the point? He looks like the boy next door that you actually could have grown up with. And he is still good looking. I also like that he brings out Emily’s humanity. He is the only one who makes her really feel. He is principled, works hard, and brings out the best in her. His personality is kind and true. What more would a girl want?

• Eightlaps says:

And what about Aiden? He is the only person that understand her and really loves her aswell. Well as for betrayed her that was in the past Aiden already said people change he changed and that is far better than what boring Jack has. Since Jack has good father which is common to be a good guy while Aiden didnt

• lusii says:

I agree, I think the only possible love interest for Emily is Aiden. I get that Jack is her childhood sweetheart and she wants to save him, but let’s not kid ourselves. Jack was married to Amanda (the real Emily) and now, I don’t know, if it were me, it would be pretty weird finding out that Amanda is alive. Aiden is the only one who knows both sides of Emily and he loves her.
            As for Daniel, he’s not even in the picture. He’s just a part of Revengenda.

• Eightlaps says:

Yes Aiden has no storyline but he has alot of potential and can grow as time go past. Jack is borring as hell and would be better of with Asley in my opinion.

• Eightlaps says:

“Plus Nick Wechsler is far more gorgeous than any other man on the show.” Are you kidding my that man is not pretty. Barry Sloane are much more gorgeous as Nick by country mile and you must either be blind or jealous not to see that! Heck even Josh Bowman as well!

• nosey says:

I think all 3 mean are handsome, but I do agree Jack (Nick) is more gorgeous, particularly b/c he looks good w/out the glamour like Daniel(Josh), and the ninja like Aiden(Barry). Jack is more of a hard worker and handy man, more of a lover not a fighter. But I do think Nick more gorgeous than any man on the show. Even w/ Barry’s accent, which I love, (actually even after hearing Josh’s accent), I still find Nick more attractive.

• Cazozphil says:

I wanted them to be together in the beginning but now I’m not so sure. I’ve not seen his character develop along with the show. Maybe it is too much that he is the boy next door.?? I see more chemistry with Aiden and with Jack it’s an awkward and protecting relationship.

28. I want F) to happen just so I can watch it.

29. shanbantz says:

I think l B even though I want Emily and Daniel together her and jack go back longtime but they wouldn’t suit after all that’s happend in the Hamptons, I don’t particularly like Aidan but I don’t think Daniel killed him just fought him with a blooded suit. Can’t wait till season 3 because episode 22 hasn’t even come out yet in England but I already know what’s going to happen :D

• Eightlaps says:

Can you possibly give me a reason why you dont like Aiden? I dont get it! But I if you dont like Aiden so does I also not like Daniel as simple as that!

30. Georgia says:

Jack will probably be furious at Amanda and Shoot Conrad, which accidentally the bullet hits Daniel which will lead to Amanda never being able to grant her revenge.

31. nosey says:

Can’t see Jack being furious @ her. I can see him being a confused, and maybe eventually remember some things about his whole encounter w/ her, which could have revealed who she was. However, I can’t see Jack and her getting together quickly but I can see them eventually getting together, maybe during a heated discussion or an emotionally situation as it was w/ the Sammy situation. . . or maybe the emotionally situation of him finding out who she is. Also, I think she really tried her best not to lie to him, she never really told him her name. . . and yes I agree, I do think Jack Porter’s character is hot!!!! I mean for his character to still look good as a broke man, it is totally like wow!!! Daniel and Aiden are hot but they look like money. It is just most impressive to rock jeans and plaid shirts and still look good!!! You go Jack!!!

32. Chris says:

I have an interesting idea I think. Not sure if I believe it will happen but I can see what everyone else thinks! As we havnt seen his body yet, Declan may not be dead, as we have discovered that Conrad is a major member of ‘The Initiative’ maybe he bribed the doctor to lie to Declan about the state of his injuries as an excuse to put him to sleep and kidnap him to use as leverage against Jack at a later date. I know its quite an unlikely idea but id like to know what everyone else thinks? Good idea or just ridiculous!? :-)

33. Corey Minett says:

Love this scene, and I love this season. Looking forward to season 3 I’m hoping they use Jack to help Emily because Jack had contacts through Conrad and he has a easy way of taking him down!

34. lavender says:

victoria and conrad are completely HILSRIOUS!!!!…oh! i root 4 B 2 happen:-)

35. lavender says:

victoria and conrad are completely HILLARIOUS!!!!…oh! i root 4 B 2 happen:-)

36. Amanda says:

He’s just so happy to know that she is still here he will stand by her side no matter what

37. Is it just me, but didn’t they show Daniel with a bloody shirt where he was probably shot? I think that he will fall over on the stage before Jack gets off his shot. Jack and Amanda will eventually express thier love and join forces to destroy the new Governor and his family and free Nolan. Victoria’s secret son will wind up with a whole new subplot, and one of the available women, Only at the very end of the series will it be proved that David Clark was innocent. Aiden will be back to add to Amanda’s suitors, Or will be killed. In the short run, I pick A, with Jack showing how to be a father and eventually marrying Amanda. Actually he is already married to Amanda Clark!

38. sara says:

when does the 3 season come out?

39. Emili Van Camp says:

дано Джак и Емили се съберат иначе няма да е интересно накрая

40. Cazozphil says:

Jack and Emily no. Aiden yes. Daniel yes. Conrad to get wounded and confined to a wheelchair so he can still be bitter and twisted. Victoria now what’s in store for her with Patrick aka ……..

• geordie says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who wants Emily with Aiden. Jack’s not bad, but he doesn’t suit her. They look awkward together. I can’t imagine her getting back to her childhood love after all she’s been through. I don’t think that Emily’s in love with ‘grown up’ Jack, but with a memory of a 10 years old buy.

41. Marla McEadhern says:

The plot thicktns Patrick is half brother to Amanda and Charolette. Half brother to Daniel as well. Will Patrick join the Grayssons? Will he take Amanda’s side and help her with her revenge against the Graysons.

42. nosey says:

Due to his current state, I can see him initially sobbing into her arms. I can see him quickly pushing her away b/c of him already not trusting her, and this revelation will definitely cause even more trust issues. My absolute favorite part was the fact that he never had a flashback until then. Even when he was w/ Fauxmanda (the one he thought was his childhood friend) he never had a flashback. Also, when he was with Fauxmily, his eye indicated there something familiar about her, he did not have that same expression w/ Fauxmanda. Must add, kudos to the show for excellent acting, b/c his expression was priceless, could not tell if he was furious, glad, or both.

43. Hitesh Sachdev. says:

Oh i like the idea of conrad being confined to a wheel chair and being all revengy. As for emily, i think she would be better off with someone whos a little twisted someone like nolan. jacks been too goody goody so far so unless the new showrunners make him a little devious i think he would go for option D though he would just walk away alone. but what could be a brilliant twist is if he shoots emily(not kill her, maybe put her too on a wheel chair) and plot his own revenge against the graysons and emily/amanda./

44. Raven says:

Apparently, I’m the only one who thinks Emily should actually end up with Nolan.

45. shirley says:

It would really be insulting to the audience’s intelligence if they try to bring Jack and Emily together. Aiden and Emily need to be together…or this show will not be worth watching.

46. rosermary says:

i dont care about jack or aiden… i wanna see emily fall really hard for daniel.. wont dat be poetic justice.. falling madly in love with the enemy?? i m sure she will always have a soft corner for jack.. bt i think d entire burden of grief will be too much to bear, somehow d baby will also not live long n jack will leave for rehab.. leaving d coast for aiden.. who will woo her n help her to get married to daniel who during der marriage wud make her fall helplessly wth himself.. coz he wud hav walked away frm his family. but den wil return as his dads son in season 4! :p

47. Jodi says:

My first thought upon watching the finale/my version: Jack is so distraught at yet MORE lies he turns the gun on himself. Of course, that’s just me being twisted. Option B is probably where the writers are going to go because that’s what will sell the most. If Amanda roundhouse kicks Jack I don’t really see them being friends after that and working together to stop the Graysons. The only reason Jack might not turn the gun on himself is his son.

And to all the Declan/Jack haters out there… keep the vicious negativity to yourselves. I LOVED Declan and still love his brother. Cried when Nolan was seen by Jack crying over the empty hospital bed. Was so rooting for him and Charlotte because I thought it would be Charlotte’s only way to get away from that family of hers! Now she and her and Declan’s baby are gonna be stuck with the Graysons unless Jack and/or Emily steps in. They’re gonna be a little too busy trying to bail Nolan out of trouble, though. Not sure how they’re gonna do it because the Initiative never existed.

And this whole “first son” thing of Victoria’s past just seems to be confusing the plot a bit.

Ashley isn’t gonna save Conrad; she didn’t even try to stall him after he proved how much of a jerkwad he is. Daniel came back from an altercation, in which he eyes Amanda’s gun, with Aiden @ Amanda’s house with blood on his hands and shirt, so I’m not real sure what to make of that.

48. Ellen says:

Perhaps we are forgetting D might be the scene in this new Season. Jack was distraught at learning about the bomb. He said he didn’t understand why “Emily” was helping him to get into the hospital to see his brother. Now he has the answer and will give in to “Emily’s” wishes not kill Conrad just yet. In my opinion both season 1 and 2 were great. I cannot wait for this next one to begin. I hope Jack and Amanda get together – friends or lovers. They were robbed from the beginning of a nice friendship/love affair. Over the years neither one married and now they have found each other. May they work together to bring on the revenge!

49. Johnbosco says:

‘Revenge’? Because the comments so far makes me see the title as ‘Love’! Which is not the point!!! Daniel is good for Emily as a hubby but dat cant justify the revenge story!!! Aiden is good for Emily too as her hubby but he has no revenge story on the Grayson’s. Jack is much willing to revenge his lost on the Grayson’s which makes him more of a revenge partner than a lover!! Nolan? He has nothing to offer to the revenge story on the Grayson’s other than sentiments over his friends and dat makes him the closext clue of being Emily’s hubby coupled with the fact dat he was and is from day 1 of the revenge story. The statement ‘there is more to life than revenge’ makes it unequal for Ems to settle with Aiden, Daniel or Jack.