Hannibal First Look: Ellen Muth Puts a Unique New Twist on Her Dead Like Me Character

NBC’s Hannibal will be visited by a Dead woman on June 13 when Ellen Muth, the heroine of series creator Bryan Fuller’s late Showtime dramedy Dead Like Me, makes a guest appearance — and here’s your first look at the pair’s most unusual reunion.

VIDEO | Hannibal Season 1 Spoilers — Is Will Going Crazy?

“What was interesting about having Ellen [Muth] on the show was that there was actually an opportunity to deconstruct our previous collaboration [on Dead Like Me] in a very unexpected way,” Fuller has teased. “Her character has the same name, [George], and is a reinterpretation.”

Check out the gallery below (which includes a glimpse of Eddie Izzard’s June 6 stint as Dr. Gideon) and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: On a scale of 1-10 carving knives, how badly do you want NBC to renew this show for a second season?

1. Mellie says:

Ugh if this is not renewed, some other network better pick it up. So fantastic.

• Ryan says:

this show really is great. visually stunning, well acted, well plotted and nicely written. reminds me of a lot of what I loved about Twin Peaks.

• JD says:

Ellen Muth was in tonight’s episode too…why no preview or special coverage for that?

2. Dani says:

just like anna chlumsky’s character was supposed to be an interpretation of an older reggie lass, this man is brilliant!

3. Melody Paris says:

10 – very badly!!

4. Kerry says:

This is legitimately the best thing NBC has right now…which isn’t saying much, granted, but the point still stands in its favor. The quality of the storytelling even transcends my aversion to the genre.

5. Valkyrje says:

Definitely 10 carving knives!

6. ajintexas says:

10 – too bad the ratings don’t agree with me. Fantastic show.

7. Sky says:

A 10! Definitely a 10. This show needs a second season. Love it so much. I love how complex all the characters are. Both male leads are also killing it in their roles.

8. Brian says:

Cancel Hannibal the book is so much much better and this show does it no justice…BRING BACK “DEAD LIKE ME!!!”

9. bill says:

I definitely want it renewed. Unfortunately it’s a Bryan Fuller show, so the networks will cancel it, just like all his other awesome shows.

10. CJ says:

10! C’mon NBC — invest in one of the finest dramas to grace your network.

11. 10! This is the best show on TV. The only thing that compares is Breaking Bad.

12. nicki says:

10!!
    can’t wait for tonights episode

13. Eva Berberich says:

10 – Love this show!

14. Dan says:

10. Hannibal is the best show I’ve seen in years and I’ve never gotten hooked like this so quickly on any show. TV this good makes me want to cry.

15. Saint Alicia says:

10 carving knives… could find their way into the backs of NBC execs if– only kidding, lulz
    But seriously, renew the show.

16. Babybop says:

I don’t watch Hannibal- yet. Once I have the time, I’m catching up! I miss Dead Like Me so dearly… <3

17. bobbie says:

Ellen Muth!!! Count me in! Yay! WTG! Expressions of joy! etc!

18. madhatter360 says:

Is she playing the sister of the FBI agent who got killed? Because the agent’s name was Miriam Lass, and on Dead Like Me, Ellen Muth played George Lass.

19. Randall Swarts says:

The best show on tv this season for sure! 10+ carving knives!

20. Dan says:

We need to spread the word. This show needs to be a hit to survive.. Let us make all our friends watch it. :)

21. Shannon says:

Ok, can the people who have read the books and are currently watching the show explain to me how it is possible to sustain this pre-red dragon show? I love the books and never had the feeling that Will and Hannibal worked enough prior to the events of RD to allow for a television series.

• Ok…I may be a little off here because I’ve seen the movies now more than I’ve read the books. They focus on the help Hannibal did for Will/Jack on the case that eventually led to Will figuring out who he was…but it doesn’t necessarily say that they hadn’t worked together on multiple cases. And you also get the impression they were bordering on friendship. So that makes sense as well.

22. spike says:

10!!!!!! my girlfriend and i love this show. we can’t wait to watch every week. please bring it back nbc!

23. Val says:

This was so clever! I know he did it previously on Hannibal with that girl from Wonderfalls and thought that was a nice little shout out to another amazing, but cancelled show. THIS with George from Dead Like Me, is just so cool. I love it!

24. george gras says:

Huh ???

25. annette says:

10!!! Great show ..not expected on regular network. S/b on HBO and it would have more following. Beautiful

26. Charles B. says:

Thank You for putting Ellen Muth back where she belongs, in front of our eyes. Wish she could the swearing attitude from “Dead Like Me”, but can’t have everything. As for this show continuing, I’d like to quote the line in Spinal Tap, the Movie, “This one goes to 11″, hopefully for years to come. BTW, have loved Mads since King Arthur, not just Casino Royale or any of his other fine work!