Hannibal First Look: Ellen Muth Puts a Unique New Twist on Her Dead Like Me Character

Get More: First Look, Previews

NBC’s Hannibal will be visited by a Dead woman on June 13 when Ellen Muth, the heroine of series creator Bryan Fuller’s late Showtime dramedy Dead Like Me, makes a guest appearance — and here’s your first look at the pair’s most unusual reunion.

VIDEO | Hannibal Season 1 Spoilers — Is Will Going Crazy?

“What was interesting about having Ellen [Muth] on the show was that there was actually an opportunity to deconstruct our previous collaboration [on Dead Like Me] in a very unexpected way,” Fuller has teased. “Her character has the same name, [George], and is a reinterpretation.”

Check out the gallery below (which includes a glimpse of Eddie Izzard’s June 6 stint as Dr. Gideon) and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: On a scale of 1-10 carving knives, how badly do you want NBC to renew this show for a second season?

Comments (36)

• Ugh if this is not renewed, some other network better pick it up. So fantastic.

Comment by Mellie – May 30, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this show really is great. visually stunning, well acted, well plotted and nicely written. reminds me of a lot of what I loved about Twin Peaks.

Comment by Ryan – May 30, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ellen Muth was in tonight’s episode too…why no preview or special coverage for that?

Comment by JD – May 30, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • just like anna chlumsky’s character was supposed to be an interpretation of an older reggie lass, this man is brilliant!

Comment by Dani – May 30, 2013 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10 – very badly!!

Comment by Melody Paris – May 30, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is legitimately the best thing NBC has right now…which isn’t saying much, granted, but the point still stands in its favor. The quality of the storytelling even transcends my aversion to the genre.

Comment by Kerry – May 30, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely 10 carving knives!

Comment by Valkyrje – May 30, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10 – too bad the ratings don’t agree with me. Fantastic show.

Comment by ajintexas – May 30, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A 10! Definitely a 10. This show needs a second season. Love it so much. I love how complex all the characters are. Both male leads are also killing it in their roles.

Comment by Sky – May 30, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cancel Hannibal the book is so much much better and this show does it no justice…BRING BACK “DEAD LIKE ME!!!”

Comment by Brian – May 30, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I definitely want it renewed. Unfortunately it’s a Bryan Fuller show, so the networks will cancel it, just like all his other awesome shows.

Comment by bill – May 30, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10! C’mon NBC — invest in one of the finest dramas to grace your network.

Comment by CJ – May 30, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10! This is the best show on TV. The only thing that compares is Breaking Bad.

Comment by Chelsea (@nubiledays) – May 30, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10!

Comment by N – May 30, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10!!
    can’t wait for tonights episode

Comment by nicki – May 30, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is amazing.

Comment by lifesanarsehole – May 30, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10 – Love this show!

Comment by Eva Berberich – May 30, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10. Hannibal is the best show I’ve seen in years and I’ve never gotten hooked like this so quickly on any show. TV this good makes me want to cry.

Comment by Dan – May 30, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10 carving knives… could find their way into the backs of NBC execs if– only kidding, lulz
    But seriously, renew the show.

Comment by Saint Alicia – May 30, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not so sure about the Saint part Alicia

Comment by george gras – June 3, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • PS I got your back if we gotta get their bac,,,,,,yes,,your right,,,just kiddin ya’all,,,,night now,,,sleep tight,,

Comment by george gras – June 3, 2013 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch Hannibal- yet. Once I have the time, I’m catching up! I miss Dead Like Me so dearly… <3

Comment by Babybop – May 30, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ellen Muth!!! Count me in! Yay! WTG! Expressions of joy! etc!

Comment by bobbie – May 30, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she playing the sister of the FBI agent who got killed? Because the agent’s name was Miriam Lass, and on Dead Like Me, Ellen Muth played George Lass.

Comment by madhatter360 – May 30, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The best show on tv this season for sure! 10+ carving knives!

Comment by Randall Swarts – May 30, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We need to spread the word. This show needs to be a hit to survive.. Let us make all our friends watch it. :)

Comment by Dan – May 30, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, can the people who have read the books and are currently watching the show explain to me how it is possible to sustain this pre-red dragon show? I love the books and never had the feeling that Will and Hannibal worked enough prior to the events of RD to allow for a television series.

Comment by Shannon – May 31, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ok…I may be a little off here because I’ve seen the movies now more than I’ve read the books. They focus on the help Hannibal did for Will/Jack on the case that eventually led to Will figuring out who he was…but it doesn’t necessarily say that they hadn’t worked together on multiple cases. And you also get the impression they were bordering on friendship. So that makes sense as well.

Comment by Brian Whisenant – June 1, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10!!!!!! my girlfriend and i love this show. we can’t wait to watch every week. please bring it back nbc!

Comment by spike – May 31, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was so clever! I know he did it previously on Hannibal with that girl from Wonderfalls and thought that was a nice little shout out to another amazing, but cancelled show. THIS with George from Dead Like Me, is just so cool. I love it!

Comment by Val – June 1, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huh ???

Comment by george gras – June 3, 2013 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 10!!! Great show ..not expected on regular network. S/b on HBO and it would have more following. Beautiful

Comment by annette – June 17, 2013 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank You for putting Ellen Muth back where she belongs, in front of our eyes. Wish she could the swearing attitude from “Dead Like Me”, but can’t have everything. As for this show continuing, I’d like to quote the line in Spinal Tap, the Movie, “This one goes to 11″, hopefully for years to come. BTW, have loved Mads since King Arthur, not just Casino Royale or any of his other fine work!

Comment by Charles B. – January 22, 2014 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post