NBC Renews Hannibal for Season 2

Hugh Dancy, Mads MikkelsenNBC is hungry for more Hannibal: The network has renewed its killer drama for a second season.

PHOTOS | Hannibal Season 1 Spoilers — Ellen Muth Puts a Unique  Twist on Her Dead Like Me Character

Executive producer Bryan Fuller’s (Pushing Daisies) tale of profiler Will Graham and cannibal shrink Dr. Lecter will return no earlier than midseason for a 13-episode run.

“We’re so proud of Bryan’s vision for a show that is richly textured, psychologically complex, and very compelling,” NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke said in a statement. “There are many great stories still to be told.”

1. sum says:

AWESOME

2. DapperDon says:

What took them so long> Hannibal is great!

3. phamster says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW!. So grateful it is being renewed.

4. Karen says:

Great show. Cannot watch it alone at night.

5. John says:

My entire family watches this show (not the kids). My sister in MN, my mother in CA, my sister-inlaw, grandparents, brother, aunt, uncle. We were so afraid after Utah cancelled, by the way we should force them out of the Union for that,.

6. Syd says:

Finally, a well written, well acted, well produced show on regular tv. Thanks for having the courage to show it and to renew it for a second season. Bravo

7. c w says:

I am so happy. I am going to take a Bruno!

8. Patrick Maloney says:

Yay!

9. Mikael says:

I’m so glad Hannibal got a 2nd season!! I thought it was a little shaky at first, but the show has really become addictive once they established Will and started focusing more on Hannibal. I like that it’s not just a regular crime procedural; they get into psychology which is so interesting. Good for NBC for recognizing that the show has potential and does have an audience outside of those annoying Nielson families.

10. Debbie Wheeler says:

This is great news. I have been enjoying every episode and can’t wait for more. Very happy, I will be watching.

11. dan says:

Hate the show. Hate everyone on it. Will never forgive nbc for canceling Parenthood. Screw u Dancy.

12. Andrew says:

So we can cancel the “send liver and fava beans to NBC to save Hannibal” plans? Cool.

13. Tania says:

Excellent news! NBC surprised me with this decision. Is it Happy Hour yet?

14. c w says:

johnny c likes xbox and cheese. we are going to wwe wrestling friday

15. jillyfish13 says:

SOOO relieved that Hannibal’s been renewed!!! I love this show SOOO much and look forward to it every week!

16. Frank says:

All of you Hannibal haters need to get a clue! HANNIBAL is an AWESOME show that would absolutely thrive on a different network like HBO, STARZ, or SHOWTIME. The reason it’s rating are so low is because NBC never fully embraced it. The fact that they even had to think twice about renewing it shows just how little they appreciate it. And if they’re not 100% committed to it than they are not going to promote it the way it needs to be promoted. Just look at their still photo promos for the show, absolutely pathetic! They look like a “Night Court or Cheers” reunion special. Now take a Look at promos for DEXTER or TRUE BLOOD, those grab you by the balls and say “hey, look at me”. I haven’t seen one commercial or print ad for Hannibal anywhere. I only found out about the show mid-season by word of mouth (from that loyal fan base – that I’m now proudly a member of). I could go on for days about how NBC mis-managed Hannibal but I shant. Just know this, Hannibal is hands down the best (written, directed, & acted) show on non-cable TV at the moment and DEFINITELY deserves a second, if not a dozen more seasons. The fact that HANNIBAL has such an avid cult following and even the current mediocre viewership that it does is a testament to how great a show it is, because it was able to pull that off despite NBC’s lack of support or promotion.

17. Kat says:

Pleasantly surprised by the renewal. I worried about it getting a second season, but I reluctantly allowed myself to get invested in watching this show because it is just SO compelling. Thanks NBC!

18. Lis says:

Love Mads. Thrilled that we will be seeing more of him.

19. Heather says:

Well NBC just saved themselves from a sit-in. If Hannibal had been cancelled, there’s a whole gaggle of women from Alabama that were headed to Rockefeller Center to protest. YAY!!!

20. Brenda says:

I sit on the edge of my seat every Thursday waiting to see what Hannibal will serve me. It wrecks my nerves, assumes I can keep up and surprises me every time, I am in heaven! I cant believe NBC has the guts to put this show on. BRAVO! A show for real grown ups. When they do cancel it (its good so ya know they will) I hope Amazon or Netflix picks it up.

21. Dave Cook says:

I have mixed feeling. I think the show is terrific, but I would rather see it short and great with a satisfying “dovetail” into the “Red Dargon” storyline than watered down into a continuing series…

22. Kelly says:

I love this show! Byran Fuller has truly outdone himself with this fantastical concept of ‘pure empathy’. I love Hugh Dancy. This is by far his best performance yet.

23. Tashsa says:

I love this show to itty bitty edible pieces. And its audience, though small, is specific to people that make over 100k a year. Marketers are probably clamoring to get their ads in that commercial space.

24. Jewels Stephens says:

I’m so happy to hear there’s a season 2 coming! I really thought it was done for too because shows I love are usually cancelled :P Hannibal is so creepy and awesome. The timing of the show’s release was awesome…it came out after I stopped watching The Following.

25. Alyssa M says:

This is the first time I have ever posted excitement about ANY show being canceled or not canceled. I was very literally holding my breath for several days waiting to hear and I am EXTREMELY pleased it’s still on the air. However, very curious as to how they are going to turn around in the next season…*IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE FINALE, STOP READING HERE* Now that Will knows about Hannibal…where do they go from here?

26. Aiesha Blount says:

Yes! I can’t wait for Season 2! I’m hooked!

27. carolyn says:

Love the show. Wish they would’ve picked up the show 666.

28. cindy says:

Please keep this series going! Don’t start a good thing and then stop it after a few seasons. There is nothing more irritating!!

29. Jill Smith says:

I am so happy Hannibal will be back for season 2…it’s a great show and a program where I rather watch a serial killer and psychiatrist kill and sometimes eat his prey on TV than see in RL.

30. Jacquie says:

Just watched season 1 finale (in United Kingdom) and like all other episodes need time to digest (!) the twists and details. Fantastically acted, beautifully filmed / produced it is by far the best drama shown here this year. Each episode so detailed and complex that I couldn’t go straight into the next episode without at least 24 hours ‘thinking time’. Looking forward to 2014 for the next season to be shown here. Thank you to all concerned,