TVLine Wish List: 30 Actors From Cancelled Series We Want Back on TV Now!

The dust from up-fronts week has settled, and a harsh reality has come into focus: Whether or not we loved, liked or felt somewhat ambivalent about their most recent series, many of our favorite thespians won’t be popping up on our TV sets come this fall.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to New and Returning Shows!

Of course, this sticky situation could easily be remedied as summer vacations end and activity begins to percolate in the writers’ rooms of new and returning series at all five networks.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

To help push the process along, we’ve cooked up a gallery of 30 actors from recently cancelled series who deserve juicy regular or recurring roles this fall.

So click through the photos below, then hit the comments to brainstorm which actors you’d cast on which series. And do sound off on other recently pink-slipped stars your DVR simply can’t live without!

1. Carla says:

I LOVED Go On and always LOVE Mattew Perry. My dream would be to make him a regular on Good Wife.

2. Scottyb says:

I am so glad that two of my favorites Vanessa Williams and Michael Urie were included on this list. I wish Vanessa and Michael could find a project together; they had such wonderful chemistry (non-romantic) with each other on Ugly Betty. I honestly think that Michael Urie is incredibly talented and is one of most underrated and overlooked comedic actors on tv. He really deserves to have a show that showcases how talented he really is.

3. Leo says:

Great picks all around. Regina King, Michael Cudlitz please! Southland, oh how I’ll miss you and this two amazing underrated actors. The amazing Victor Garber, he needs another great role like he had on Alias.
    Also KaDee Strickland, she would be great on Scandal, come on Shonda, bring her back to the Shondaland.

4. cjeffery7 says:

ellie kemper FO SHO. maya rudolph since, like, forever. jack bristow.

5. Get Krysten Ritter out of comedy and I’ll watch her. AnnaLynne McCord was the only one I liked on the show before I stopped watching 90210, so: good pick. I’d watch Ellie Kemper on anything, TV or film, because she is too freaking cute. Scott Speedman in something romantic like Felicity. Nene Leakes is really funny and I respect her comedic work with Ryan Murphy. I can’t see many other creators/directors being able to make proper use of her catty stylings. And I like the Jesse Bradford pick. He’s a dreamboat but there was no way I was able to watch that baby show he was in. He needs to do something where he plays a character that the audience is allowed to have a crush on. He has a very charming style of acting and would love to see more of him.

• Lisa says:

What kind of role would you like to see Krysten Ritter play? If you could replace any actor on any show (current, canceled, or otherwise) with Ritter, which character would you choose for her?

6. Yvonne Strahovski better have her own TV show in the near future now that DEXTER is coming to an end this year. Why wasn’t she on the list? I really missed her when she played the hot and sexy agent on CHUCK.

7. Why wasn’t that the girls of 90210 (Shenae Grimes, Jessica Stroup and Jessica Lowndes) not on that list? They better have their own respective TV shows in the near future.

8. KevyB says:

It’s hard to want these 30 people back on tv when I didn’t know who half of them are! Seriously, I only watched like two of these shows! So I guess I should be happy most of my shows didn’t get canceled, huh?

9. vern1331 says:

Kristen Ritter and most definitely Nene Leakes. Everyone over here is totally hating on her. The truth of the matter is, she’s funny and highly entertaining, and we can’t blame her if Ryan Murphy capatalized on that, and placed her in roles that were suited to her persona on RHOA. We haven’t seen her in a different role or character, so we have no basis for a comparison and should not be so harsh in critiquing her. She made the New Normal for me and I cried tears of laughter for performance on Glee. Nene Rocks and I can’t wait to see what new role she’ll take on next in the scripted world. Keep flying high Nene!!!

10. TinaF says:

Where is the thumbs up and thumbs down for agree and disagree. I’d thumb down many of those selections.

11. Mrs. Ben Covington says:

DEFINITELY onboard with:
    Zach Gilford – will any role every top Matt Saracen, though?
    Scott Speedman – I will forever love Ben Covington
    Vanessa Williams
    Victor Garber – still only on season 1 of Alias, but he’s amazing
    Matthew Perry – agreed, he needs drama, though
    Michael Urie!!!!
    Joshua Jackson

12. wackasanything says:

I’m glad the article didn’t say John Larroquette from ‘Deception’. We need more of him on Broadway and in film, TV has been visibly stifling his craft. After watching ‘Deception’ I suddenly understand why he complained/joked about TV writers and directors sucking during an interview in the ‘How To Succeed In Business…’ era.

13. Soapstef says:

Now we need to add the entire cast of THE BORGIAS to the list starting with François Arnaud and Holliday Grainger!

14. Soapstef says:

I’m sorry, but Matthew Perry?! How many chances does the guy get? I think it’s time to try something else with him. How about another ensemble without him being the main attraction. I know he’s talented, but he just can’t sell and maintain a show.

15. Ciril Skaria says:

Please have all of CSI NY cast back on TV

16. SELA WARD AND ANNA BELKNAP !

17. Issie says:

Definetly Sela Ward from CSI NY

18. Kelly Stevens says:

Are you kidding me. Is that all of the Leverage people you thought of? What about Kristian Kane? My goodness. I loved all of them. They worked well together. It is a great show. I looked forward to it every year. Something good to watch. They need to bring it back like they did the cop show that she never forgets anything, Oh what is that called? I watch it every week. Duh. Anyway let’s bring Leverage back. Please!!!

19. My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.

can you offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome web site!