TVLine Wish List: 30 Actors From Cancelled Series We Want Back on TV Now!

The dust from up-fronts week has settled, and a harsh reality has come into focus: Whether or not we loved, liked or felt somewhat ambivalent about their most recent series, many of our favorite thespians won’t be popping up on our TV sets come this fall.

RELATED | TVLine’s Fall TV Preview — Your Guide to New and Returning Shows!

Of course, this sticky situation could easily be remedied as summer vacations end and activity begins to percolate in the writers’ rooms of new and returning series at all five networks.

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

To help push the process along, we’ve cooked up a gallery of 30 actors from recently cancelled series who deserve juicy regular or recurring roles this fall.

So click through the photos below, then hit the comments to brainstorm which actors you’d cast on which series. And do sound off on other recently pink-slipped stars your DVR simply can’t live without!

1. Sandy Camargo says:

Mark Valley, even though he seems to be a series-killing jinx.

2. Jon says:

Mark Valley – Body of Proof

3. Eliza says:

Zach Gilford, Scott Speedman, Chi McBride, Wes Brown…. YES, please.

Also, I would love to see Bradley James & Colin Morgan from Merlin on my tv again!

4. Bman says:

What about Dana Delaney? I wouldn’t mind seeing her reprise her role as Agent Shaw on Castle…

5. arial2 says:

Sela Ward came to CSI: NY when Melina Kanakaredes left, very difficult shoes to fill because there was so much love for MK’s character. SW nailed the role and made me wonder why she hadn’t been there from the start. She is an extraordinary actor and the main reason I was saddened by the cancellation of the show. Hope she gets another series right away!

Re Fringe: you mentioned Joshua Jackson, but as much as I liked him, I think John Noble is the one who should have another series before anyone else in the cast.

• Missmurray says:

Wow, NASTY MUCH? So josh isn’t allowed to have his own damn tv show? But I’m not surprised, John and Anna fans are NASTY towards everyone on that show.

• kajar says:

What’s particularly nasty are people who like to stereotype and lash out at an entire fanbase based on the misguided comments of a few online posters.

• arial2 says:

“Misguided comments”??? I’m not sure what you’re referring to, my opinion (to which I’m entitled and is not necessarily misguided) or was that meant as a defense of my right to my opinion…lol

• kajar says:

Sorry arial2, I wasn’t, in all honesty, referring directly to your post. I was taking issue with MissMurray’s rather ironic turn of phrase and her incessant sniping throughout this comment section.

• arial2 says:

Nowhere did I say Joshua Jackson DOESN’T deserve his own show, just that John Noble made the show for me. For the record, I was impressed by both the male leads, but John Noble was extraordinary in his role.

• Missmurray says:

“John Noble is the one who should have another series before anyone else in the cast.”

Your exact words. Meaning that josh, jasika, lance, Seth should not find a tv show before John noble. I guess they are not talented enough to get another tv show.

6. Michael says:

What have NeNe Leakes, Michael Urie or Jesse Bradford done this past season to “deserve” a juicy new role.

7. Jen says:

Most definitely: Chi McBride, Sela Ward, Michael Urie, Regina King, and Paget Brewster!

8. Louise says:

Joshua Jackson & KaDee Strickland definitely should be back on TV. Plus Matthew Perry and Justin Hartley – I loved him in Smallville.

9. Louise says:

Maybe Joshua Jackson could join Grey’s Anatomy. Back in 2008 he was meant to have a recurring role in it but then the writers strike happened and then Fringe!

10. Sabrina says:

Zachary Levi, Adam Brody, and Leighton Meester NEED to be back on my TV soon. (in hopefully a new Josh Schwartz created show.) It is all I ask for in life.

11. Tjoffsan says:

There’s a serious lack of Beth Riesgraf on this list.

12. Patrick Maloney says:

Victor Garber on Almost Human?

13. b says:

Victor Garber in absolutely anything. If we need suggestions, I vote for either The Americans or the last season of Nikita, just because I miss watching him beat people up.

Scott Speedman, too. I think he’d be fun on Hart of Dixie as a love interest for Lemon.

Of course, there’s also the appeal to have Scott go on The Americans and Zach Gilford on Hart of Dixie, for the reunion factor.

14. Sg. Grant says:

Good list except Maya Rudolph and Michael Urie.

15. Tom Charles says:

ALONA TAL! She’s what got me to watch Veronica Mars, a friend showed me her picture, and I was in.

But Kyle Bornheimer, really? No. Just no. He’s a horrible lead. He’s only ever been decent in the background. Not as a lead. And a big huge HELL NO to Nene Leakes. Too loud and obnoxious. Where’s Summer Glau on this list?

• Lisa says:

Definately a big no for Nene! She gives new meaning to the word crass and she is not funny!

• Lisa says:

Heh, I didn’t write this, but I could have! Well said, Lisa! I also agree with the lack of leading love for Kyle Bornheimer. He was pretty funny in that She’s Out of My League movie, but that was far from a leading role. Perhaps leads in comedies is where he’s going wrong? I like the previous suggestion that he should play a psychopath.

16. Caitlin says:

The whole cast from Go On. I’m still sad about that one. :(

17. MrMank says:

I so absolutely agree with Megan Hilty. Chi McBride as well, although some may view him as a showkiller. Hasn’t had much luck since Boston Public. He was great in that show, although his best series to date HAS to be Pushing Daisies.

Chiklis is amazing, but it HAS to be the right role. Nothing he has done in the last few years even touches The Shield. Vic Mackey is just iconic!

18. Lisa says:

Victor Garber and Matthew Perry always bring something special to a show! I still think Garber did his best work on Alias and Perry was brilliant in Studio Sixty! I’d love to see them both in new shows! Alona Tal is stunning and very talented but I’d rather see her back on Supernatural than in a new show! Dean deserves a women who will understand him and the fans deserve a chance to see these two together again!

• Linda says:

“Dean deserves a women who will understand him and the fans deserve a chance to see these two together again!” Um, nope, not this fan. Dean sees her as a little sister. She’s died and they brought her back once after that, enough is enough. I liked her on Leverage where she was a bit country and even sang.

• Ally Oop says:

Victor Garber also played a good character in a guest role on a Canadian show called Republic of Doyle last season. He’s such a great actor I miss him from Alias. I wish Deception had been a better show.

• Lacey says:

YES to getting Alona back on Supernatural. I don’t even care if they ship them together, even though yes I agree with you totally that they should, just so long as they have Jo back on a permenant basis.

19. Leah says:

Elizabeth Perkins! I love her and How To Live. She and Brad Garrett need to audition for everything together from now on. They should be someone’s parents on every sitcom.

20. SJ says:

Jane Krakowski, Dana Delany, Anna Camp (how is she not a regular on a show?! She’s so amazing!). And yes, of course, Krysten Ritter who is just delightful.

…although I am still holding out crazy fanboy hope that Netflix will swoop in and save The B—- and Better Off Ted. ;) And yes, I know the Beek is a regular on an upcoming CBS show but their mid-season entries don’t have the best track record.

21. What about Leverage folks? Christian Kane (even though I’m not sure why he’s not done better in Country music? Timothy Hutton? I know a few have already found jobs…

• Lily says:

Oh yeah….definitely Christian Kane. But that show wasn’t cancelled, I think they all wanted to move on.

22. Carol says:

Agree with Golden Boy, KaDee, but also will miss Sara Jones and Jason OMara from Vegas. We need them back on the tube. I am still missing Karine Vanesse from Pan Am.

23. JC says:

Jeri Ryan from Body of Proof. I hope she gets a new show soon.

24. A says:

Megan Hilty, AnnaLynne McCord, Kadee Strickland, Vanessa Williams, Regina King, Elizabeth Perkins!! All excellent actresses right there!!

25. GinnyB says:

I’ll agree with Matt Perry but I don’t even know half the others because I hardly watch network TV anymore. BUT…when I do watch network TV…I’d like to see Dennis Quaid, Jason O’Mara both late of Vegas. Of course…I’m still ticked they cancelled Vegas.

26. JP says:

Ellie Kemper needs to be a permanent mainstay on The Mindy Project!

• Leah says:

Yes! She and Mindy can become unlikely best friends. There should be some definite sexual chemistry between Morgan and Ellie Kemper’s character, as well.

27. Tiera says:

I agree with others about the entire cast of Fringe, and I actually like Parters so I would love to see Michael Urie. I really wish they would just bring back CSI:NY

28. Heathers says:

The entire cast of Southland.

29. Zepp OnAir says:

John Noble, Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson and Jasika Nicole. I want a return of these great actors, for any TV show in any style, or together or separate, but back now! I miss Fringe, and their …

30. moviefreak says:

Where were Beth Reisgraf , Christian Kane, and Aldis Hodge from Leverage? I would die to see them in a show again i miss them so much. you know what would be really cool… them in a show with Anna Belknap and Sela Ward…. just saying because i like all four. and where are Carmine Giovinazzo and Eddie Cahill?! all sevenneed to be in a show together.

you know what would be fantastic…. if CSI:NY and Leverage came back on the air.

31. Alicia L. says:

I agree to all the people from the shows that I watch along with others like Alona Tal and Justin Hartley who were on two of my favorite shows growing up. I would really like to Jasika Nicole reappear on Scandal and maybe become like a recurring character and then in the four season become a main cast member. I also agree about the people who said Mark Valley and Dana Delany need to get new shows because I really liked Body of Proof this seaosn with him on it!

As for someone who said Paget Brewster her show didn’t get canceled she jumped ship, but rightful so after what the studios did to her the sixth season! But now that someone mentioned both her and Mark Valley, I can totally picture I show where they are the two leads as like cops in New York or LA.

I was also rewatching Buffy and I want Eliza Dushku back on my television!

Anna Belknap from CSI NY deserves her own show or at least one where she is featured more prominently because I think they under utilizied her in CSI NY even though she was my favorite part!

32. Marci says:

I loved Anthony Anderson in Law & Order and would love to see him in another drama. I saw one episode of Guys with Kids and he and Tempest were the only members of the cast that I liked. I’d also love to see Chi McBride in a successful series. And Regina King and Michael Cudlitz. I am still mourning the loss of Southland, a great series.

33. mia says:

There’s too many talented people on this list its just sad.

34. Lolo says:

Big yes to Kadee Strickland and Anna Belknap! They’re both phenomenal actresses who in my opinion deserve their own shows! Though missing is the entire cast of happy endings and the guys from CSI NY :)

35. Ella says:

AnnaLynne McCord needs her own show. Also, Zach Cregger was the best thing about GUYS WITH KIDS, he should have been on here.

36. JC says:

Since you mentioned CSI:NY, I’d actually like to see Melina Kanakaredes in something again. She was my main reason for watching the show and I haven’t really watched it since she left.

37. Sam says:

Yes to Joshua Jackson! I miss him so much it’s not even funny. Also yes to Victor Garber, Megan Hilty and Jasika Nicole. Not on this list, but I love Jack Davenport and I hope he get a role on another TV show soon.

38. Daniel says:

Dennis Quaid!!

39. Lyn says:

A role for Matthew Perry could be a love interest for Lauren Graham on Parenthood, especially if they can’t get Ray Ramono back for the next season.

40. 4theloveoffilm says:

I’d like to see Jordana Spiro (THE MOB DOCTOR). Love her.

41. Jules says:

I’m so with you on Zach Gilford. Been a fan of him since he was on FNL, and not having watched the Mob Doctor, I’ve missed him dearly, so please, some TV show, get him back on TV stat!
    Also, I know, not recently cancelled, and he’ll appear as Logan again in the Veronica Mars Movie, but still, I need Jason Dohring back on TV!!!!!

42. Azerty says:

Definitly Sophia Bush and even though it is not a cancellation from this season Tom Welling.

43. Roy says:

I miss a lot of favorties on the list:
    Dana Delaney
    Megyn Price
    Christina Applegate
    Whitney Cummings

44. bbau05 says:

Connor Paolo

45. Eric Payne says:

Krysten Ritter — but not in a weekly show, I’d love to see her cast in a good biopic (shot on locations around the world) of Audrey Hepburn. A year or two after that, she can pick up a series (but then, I’m her uncle, and I’m biased).

46. Bri says:

Whole heatedly agree with Michael Cudlitz, Matthew Perry, and Megan Hilty! They are all amazing especially Cudlitz.

Also would love to see EVERYONE from Happy Endings back :)

47. DJ says:

the cast of Vegas. CBS did not give that show a chance, it had good ratiing! I really hope maybe cable networks will pick it up. Fingers crossed

48. Marco says:

Wasn’t Polaha’s new show picked up?

49. RichieS says:

Kadee Strickland with her accent would fit right into Hart of Dixie. As someone else mentioned Zach Gilford would fit here for the same reason. In fact this show would be the perfect fit for Gilford.

50. Marco says: