Fall TV Preview

Revenge Season 3 Shake-Up: Ashley Madekwe Out, Wants to 'Die in a Blaze of Glory'

Ashley Madekwe Leaving RevengeRevenge will be down another schemer come Season 3.

Ashley Madekwe, who plays social-climbing Hamptonite Ashley Davenport, is exiting the ABC drama.

RELATED | What Happens Next: Will Revenge‘s Big Reveal Trigger Blowback from Jack?

As first reported by our sister site Deadline, the actress’ option was not picked up due to “storyline reasons.”

Madekwe’s ouster is the latest in a string of Revenge shakeups, including the death of Connor Paolo’s polarizing Declan in the Season 2 finale and the shocking departure of creator Mike Kelley. As previously reported, executive producer Sunil Nayar will take over as showrunner next season.

As for how Ashley’s character will be written out, Madekwe has some thoughts:

Revenge fans, are you sad to see Ashley go?

Comments (128)

• Ashley wasn’t my favorite but she could be fun to watch [and she always looked gorgeous]. She needed a storyline, though. But she was smart & had personality, something both Jack & maybe-he’s-dead-maybe-he’s-not Declan both lack.

Comment by Chloe – May 31, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eh! She had already teamed up and betrayed nearly all the players and beyond being a scheming floozy (Conrad? What the F?) in lovely lovely clothes, the character was paper thin… Bye Ashley… You will be missed a little bit more than Declan but that’s not saying much….

Comment by Red Jane – May 31, 2013 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the actress, but the character became useless after the middle of the first season.

Comment by Marina – May 31, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This entire show should die in a blaze of glory. Or unglory would be more appropriate. If any show ever needed to be a miniseries or movie instead of a TV show, this is it.

Comment by Matthew – May 31, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes indeed. People are disappointed w/S2 but if you ask me it started falling apart when Daniel wasn’t the body on the beach. I couldn’t tell you a fourth of what went on during the back 9 of season 1. You end the season with Emily’s in w/the Grayson severed and then repeat the storyline in the VERY NEXT SEASON?! Yeah a blaze of unglory is right.

Comment by Deme – May 31, 2013 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ashley and I’m kind of glad she’s gone. She had to play a pretty useless character and she is too talented to waste her time like that. Besides, the show needed trimming. The only thing that sucks for her is that the old showrunner seemed to have wanted her to stay and the new one obviously didn’t so it was a fairly recent decision. This means she didn’t have enough time to shoot pilots this season. Too bad.

Comment by SAm – May 31, 2013 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re making some wise decisions. Connor and Ashley added nothing to the series. Now if only they could get rid of Charlotte…

Comment by Jon – May 31, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me? Get rid of Charlotte? Are you nuts! BTW Ashley and Declan added plenty to the series, you Jon, don’t know what you’re talking about!

Comment by Alf – June 29, 2013 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she GETS a last scene and just doesn’t appear again. Although not a favorite character she did bring something to the show even if it was well dressed bad girl snark. I think Mr. Kelly had plans for her and the new show runner doesn’t.

Comment by Lori – May 31, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack shoots Ashley instead of Conrad. Haven’t figured out why yet, but I reckon that’s how she will die.

Comment by Aaron – June 1, 2013 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just feel bad that the news comes so late after pilot season. While Ashley wasn’t the best written character, I liked the actress and thought she did the best with what she was handed… I am upset for her that she got screwed out of finding new work in a pilot. :(

Comment by LastoftheTimeLords – June 1, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Ashley but she was kind of useless. But I also believe a tv show needs those kind of characters that aren’t main priority. Somehow they do add something to the world the main characters live in.

Comment by Essie – June 2, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought the old showrunner left because he wanted short seasons and ABC said No. Makes sense why the foster brother came out of nowhere for 2 episodes and left, or that horribly boring Kenny/Nate buying the Stowaway plot. All that did was put Jack on a path to get revenge on Conrad, but did it have to take almost the whole season?? And what about Nolan’s ex Marcus? I thought he’d be a bigger deal and he appeared and disappeared too! I think small seasons would be a good idea for this show.

Comment by Mikael – June 3, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 2 was a fantastic season, I was sad to see Kelly go but season 2 is doing just fine without him! Nate Ryan was fantastic! The way Amanda sacrificed herself to save Jack was truly touching! Jack’s path to revenge on Conrad led to Emily telling him the truth! Therefore now they possibly have future together! As for Marcus, Padma framed so that she could get hold of Carrion to save her father! Revenge is the best show ever and if you were true fans you wouldn’t be hating on it!

Comment by Alf – June 29, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ashley should stay on as Greysons sexytary,the old Lady is a pain and Ashley can park her bottom on my desk anytime.

Comment by joe g. – June 3, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • P.S. Through the old Lady off the Balcony and stick to the original script.

Comment by joe g. – June 3, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody seems to have noticed that VICTORIA is about to COMMIT SUICIDE.
    Just when you think you’re going to see her break the news to her daughter that Declan hasn’t made it, and see some meaningful sorrow, she wakes Charlotte and instead tells her she loves her. Daniel has already told her she’s alone now & deservedly so. She doesn’t care about Conny anymore.
    Perhaps the police will think its not a suicide & track down Patrick….
    Perhaps Patrick kills her and you never get to see his face….
    Plus, that would save them a shedload of money! Am I right?

Comment by laid-back sniper – June 6, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wasn’t find if Ashley. Really concerned on the departure of Mike Kelley.

Comment by Diane Vandrei – June 13, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Ashley so much! The producers of this show are idiots for getting rid of her! She’s beautiful, scandalous not to mention practically a servant to the Grayson’s! I bet they killed her because she was going to expose them!

Comment by Alf – June 29, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They could come up with something for ashley.we need to give them ideas on how we could keep her on

Comment by halli – July 5, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Daniel and Emily. I think Adien’s is ok. But I always choice Daniel and Jack they are my favorite.

Comment by Mai – August 13, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just got to say, I love love love Madeline Stow. She is so beautiful and I love her fashion savvy. Hopefully in season 3, she will let some of her guard down and begin to trust in someone like Jack or Emily, for a little while at least. It would be a refreshing change to all the constant vindictivness. I want to see her show some redeeming qualities.

Comment by rk – November 21, 2013 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post