Mike & Molly's Delayed Tornado-Themed Season Finale to Air This Thursday

Mike & Molly Season 3 FinaleMike & Molly‘s Season 3 finale — which was pulled from CBS’ schedule last week because its tornado-related story arc hit too close to home after the real-life twisters in Oklahoma — will air this Thursday at 8:30/7:30c.

In the episode, Mike and Carl are stuck working at a Renaissance Faire as a tornado nears Chicago. According to the finale’s original synopsis, the impending weather phenomenon leads Mike and Molly to confess important secrets to each other.

RELATED | Mike & Molly Creator Steps Down as Showrunner

Gerald McRaney (Southland) and Jim Beaver (Justified, Supernatural) guest star in the season ender.

1. jon says:

thankfully this did air in Canada and it wasn’t anything as bad as I thought it would be since they shelved it for a little while

2. Midori says:

And there will be more tornadoes then.

Why they thought it would be smart to do a tornado episode in May is beyond me.

3. Amber says:

I live 2 miles from the carange of the tornado. We would not have cared if they ran the episode the night it was supposed to air.

• dee123 says:

Yes. I don’t understand the mentality of postponing it. People are raped and murdered everyday yet we don’t stop episodes of SVU or CSI or Criminal Minds from being shown.

• TV Gord says:

What happened in Oklahoma gripped the nation, and even if you weren’t there, you may have had friends or relatives there. It was prudent for CBS to pull the episode out of respect. Also, a good portion of the country wouldn’t have seen the show, because of power outages and such in the affected area.

Personally, I can’t understand the mentality of griping over the temporary preemption of a sitcom in the effort of being sensitive. Sensitivity is a rare commodity these days, especially to those of us to check out the message boards.

4. keith says:

Mollys preggers.

• TV Gord says:

Oh no, now you’ve ruined it. No one else saw THAT coming!

• Heidi says:

Was that one of the secrets? Our DVR did not catch the last minute or two because of a delay and we never saw the ending. I saw Mike’s secret was the ostrich thing and I figured that was Molly’s secret but wasn’t sure.

5. Brad says:

So is it also going to be on next Monday for the millions of us who didn’t know about Thursday and whose DVRs were not set to record it? Why Thursday and not Monday as usual?

6. Susan Zee says:

I watch m&m weekly. CBS would have been smarter to air the finale mon., June 3 in their regular time slot. Meantime, I thought this was one of the weakest episodes of the season.

7. Vickie says:

Maybe I missed it but what was Molly’s big news? I don’t think it was that she’s preggers. And Mike’s big news was disappointing.