New Spoiler Alert!: Rating the Season Finales of Nashville, Scandal, Grey's and More! Plus — Is Revenge Plotting a Cruel Bait-and-Switch?

Get More: Spoilers, Video

Season Finale Report Card Spoiler AlertThis week’s Spoiler Alert! is so damn big we had to tack an additional three minutes on to the traditional 10-minute running time — and you will be glad we did.

Not only does Community‘s Yvette Nicole Brown return to the red couches to help Matt Mitovich and I rate the berserk season finales of Nashville, ScandalGrey’s Anatomy, etc., but MM floats an infuriating theory about Revenge‘s big Amanda Clarke reveal that, if proven true, could trigger a fan backlash the likes of which we haven’t seen since The Killing failed to solve the Rosie Larsen murder mystery at the end of Season 1.

And we’re not done yet.

RELATED | Final May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who Died, Who Got Hitched, Who’s Pregnant, Who Broke Up and More!

Before the curtain drops on Season 2 of Sp’lert (yes, even web series deserve a mini-hiatus), Brown drops a scoop about a lost Community scene involving Shirley and her evil father-in-law, and then (kinda-maybe-sorta) proceeds to read an excerpt from Community‘s Season 5 premiere script!

What are you waiting for — press PLAY below!

Comments (68)

• Yvette Nicole Brown is everywhere. She has been taping The Chew a lot recently and is awesome. :)

Comment by Midori4 – May 25, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love her so much. Everyone ought to have a shot at Yvette Nicole Brown as a BFF.

Comment by Annie – May 25, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to watch the video, but all I got was, this video is private!

Comment by Lois – May 25, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FIXED!!!

Comment by Michael Ausiello – May 25, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please just type it up……I just want to skim to the shows I like and read it. No personal offense but I don’t have time for video; thanks

Comment by Pamela – May 25, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree.

Comment by Jane – May 25, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree!

Comment by Mo – May 25, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and I don’t have the hearing

Comment by PPPG – May 25, 2013 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Email the site y’all. I understand your concerns, but the comment sections of any site on the web should be reserved for the content of the article.

Comment by B – May 25, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It pertains to what is in the article.

Comment by tripoli – May 25, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whaaaaaa……..?????

Comment by ellen8 – May 26, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I come here to READ about the television shows not to watch a video about the shows. Yes, Michael Ausiello and Matt Mitovitch, you’re both pretty but do what you do best and write. You’re gorgeous too Yvette. :-)

Comment by Bobby Milford – May 25, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Then buy a magazine. This is a website which allows for many mediums. There are 50 other articles without any videos at all. Read them and stop complaining about the one video feature this site has.

Comment by dude – May 25, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Here here! (Hear hear? Either way, I concur)

Comment by Harmony – May 26, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think the point is maybe the website could offer both options. I know I would certainly like to pick which medium to get information from.

Comment by Jennifer – May 28, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Something here for everyone, people. You have time to watch all the shows, but not to watch one 10-min video each week? And you CAN move past the discussions about the shows you’re not interested in. I’m sure most of us enjoy these videos – personalities come across a lot more in this medium than in print. If you don’t like it, move on.

Comment by MLO – May 25, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How many times are you trolls going to post the same complaint? Your life will continue just find without Spoiler Alert. If watching a video is truly the end of the world for you, move along. Your complaints are tiresome and won’t change anything.

Comment by dude – May 25, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Thank you!!

Comment by Chloe – May 25, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the videos & guests even when they talk about shows I don’t watch. But if I don’t want spoilers, I skip the video entirely.

If you don’t like it, you can read Matt’s Inside Line or the other million articles here

Comment by Sara – May 25, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In complete agreement. I want to read, not watch.

Comment by Sable – May 25, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Most of the time it’s only one show I care about. Got lucky this time with three.

Comment by Steph – May 26, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So right about the Nashville finale and good GOD, give Connie Britton some work to do in season 2.

Comment by Rose (@soho_boho_glitz) – May 25, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They need to do an entire character overhaul with her. Rayna James is such a nothing waste of screentime. How is it that the star of Nashvile and arguably the most talented actress on the series (even if Hayden is totally showing her up) is such a nonfactor in this season? Notice how none of the drama really involved her in the finale? Even the paternity reveal was more about Deacon.

Comment by dude – May 25, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that’s what I am saying…it’s ridiculous.

Comment by Rose (@soho_boho_glitz) – May 25, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Wait…Rayna was in the finale? No seriously…every discussion on FNL about what they were having for dinner was better than anything she did so far on Nashville. Not idealising her as Tami Taylor, but it’s true – they need to get her character out of that straightjacket. I like her storyline with Deacon,tho.

Comment by S!NA (@this_is_sina) – May 25, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A great Spoiler Alert finale! I love love love how enthusiastic Yvette is about TV. Too many actors out there can seem snobby about watching other shows.

Comment by Lauren – May 25, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched the video yet, but if its suggested that Jackmwont believe the truth or something like that, I don’t think they are going to do that. It was time he knew and the writers did it perfectly waiting for the right moment and not making it rushed. Plus it brings the story to the next level and certainly changes the game.

Comment by iMember – May 25, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Okay watched the video. Revenge definitely had the best final of the group and was my favorite of them all too. I totally think the theory about the secret service coming in, jack getting hit and forgetting the truth WILL NOT happen. I agree with Michael there is too much new story to tell with Jack knowing now.

Comment by iMember – May 25, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For a second I thought the Revenge backlash would be about the rumored ‘time jump’, that would skip over Jack’s reaction to the confession. But the idea of him getting shot or bonked in the head and forgetting would be just much worse.

Comment by Chris – May 25, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt very much they’d do that. I kind of expected a time jump though, since every season begins near the start of summer in the Hamptons. However, even if they do a time jump it’s almost a sure thing they’ll do plenty of flashbacks to the fall out so we see what Jack’s initial reaction was like to Emily.

Comment by iMember – May 25, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, the show always starts with a time jump. And seriously he better not get shot… Though I would not be surprised either way.

Comment by WingsStef – May 25, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Billy Chambers killed Gideon, he was Quinn’s boyfriend, and he died in front of her, it was the reason of her rage!

Comment by christy – May 25, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank You! I thought that was a big reason for her rage, obviously they are right that hanging out with Puck can also do this to a person, but Chambers killed this guy, and in essence set her up for the fall. That’s messed up.

Comment by Stacie – May 25, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally forgot about this.

Comment by Lori – May 26, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy for myself and Yvette that Community is coming back and year afer year afyer year, NBC has been the mother of all canceled shows because of “ratings”. Now I’m really starting to hate the only network I think of and that is CBS.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – May 25, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Revenge finale was absolutely the best finale of the season. It was so urgent and dramatic and so much happened! Was at the edge of my seat for two hours. Loved the Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy and Nashville finales too!

Comment by dude – May 25, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pseudofeminism

This is what Shonda Rhimes called feminism:
    “I know a lot of fans just want us to end everything by giving Cristina a baby [thinking it's] going to make everyone happy, which infuriates me as a woman and as a human being, and as someone who loves babies, it drives me nuts,” she said. “But I adamantly stand by Cristina’s ability and desire to not have a baby and to be happy about that. I think that there’s something great about this struggle and what’s going to make her happy and see where they go next.”
    What infuriates me as a feminist, as a woman and as a human being is stubbornness.
    I’m a thirty years old woman and I don’t want children. I know that I can live a full and happy life without children but that doesn’t mean that the door to motherhood is completely closed for me or for anyone who doesn’t want children. If I met a guy that I love and who will be able to convince me to have children, it won’t mean that I will lose a part of myself. It will only mean that I changed my mind and every single person should be able to do so without being judged. I learned very young that nothing happens as planned in life and it is not necessarily a bad thing.
    I’m convinced that all human beings never really know who they really are and what they are capable of. We can surprised ourselves so much sometimes. We can discover parts of ourselves that we didn’t suspect and that doesn’t make us weak or losing a part of who we are. On the contrary, it can make us more strong, wise and even happy. So why should we refusing ourselves to have an open mind about all the opportunities that life can bring?
    But I’m not surprised by this statement. It comes from a woman who writes shows where women have all the power and where men have very little to say. Look at this statement, Shonda Rhimes only talks about the female character happiness and not a word refers to the male character. This is what I call pseudofeminism.
    For me, feminism is about equality between women and men, both points of view should be taken into consideration. We can’t make evolve me mentalities about feminism and equality rights without men’s support, so that would be nice if Ms Rhimes could show some respect to their opinions in her shows.

Comment by mel – May 25, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shonda Rhimes is not claiming that *every* woman who doesn’t want children is incapable of changing her mind. She’s claiming Cristina as a portrayal of ONE woman who doesn’t want children and isn’t going to change her mind. It’s none of my or anyone’s damn business if someone convinces you to change your mind, but there are people out there who do not want children, do not waver, and die glad they never had children. Cristina is supposed to represent these women- there are plenty of women on television who change their minds, but she doesn’t need to be one of them.

Comment by xx – May 25, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you just said what i was thinking of commenting after reading mel’s comment! :)

Comment by Raver – May 26, 2013 11:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you remember, Shonda already gave us a storyline like that. Back in season 6, Arizona swore up and down that she didn’t want children but Callie did. They eventually broke up because Callie couldn’t imagine her life without kids and Arizona didn’t want them. Then the shooting happened and Arizona changed her mind and now she’s a parent. To have Cristina do the same would not only be repetitive, it would also deny representation for any woman who DOESN’T change her mind. Personally I think it would be great if Shonda stood by her words and kept Cristina child-free so fans who don’t want kids and don’t change their minds could have their voices heard, too.

Comment by Grey – May 25, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have no opinion either way on whether or not Christina has kids or not. I don’t understand how fans are thinking their voices are being heard through what decisions she makes. That is a little weird. My only reaction is why did she even put Owen and christina together? What was the point? Kids are usually make or break deal in a relationship and it’s something you figure out before marriage so this whole storyline sucks.

Comment by Cas – May 27, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to read too. My kindle does not play any of the videos; or, at least I don’t know how to make them work. I really just am interested in Grey’s and Scandal, to a lesser extent. Thanks.

Comment by donna – May 25, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will they ever release a video of the Scandal table read, minions like myself would love to see that.

Love when they bring Yvette & Reta on, they are hilarious & addicted to TV as much as I am :)

Comment by Sara – May 25, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We all know that Rayna and Deacon aren’t going to die. What is the point? They didn’t need that. The blow at the end could’ve been Deacon chugging the whiskey after everyone thought he had it under control. Or the wreck could’ve been Peggy and Teddy. In which all parties die. Coleman is the worst sponsor in the world, btw.

I understand that no one will believe me, but I TOTALLY CALLED that Rowan was Olivia’s dad. That’s what I’m most excited about for next season. I don’t give a poo about Fitz and Olivia, I just want to know more about Olivia.

Also, showing that creepy Quinn thing that the end was terrifying.

Comment by Leah – May 25, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Matt, Cristina and Ginger should stay apart.

Comment by Louise – May 25, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRING BACK SPOILER ALERT THEATER!! pretty please? with smurfs on top?

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 25, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idea time: maybe Community would do better in the summer?

Comment by GTS – May 25, 2013 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this! The best part of Nashville right now is Hayden which is weird since I think this was supposed to be centered around Connie’s character. But Hayden is just really hitting it out of the park. Don’t agree with Nicole about the proposal. Gunner and Scarlett were going through a rough patch. He had been treating her like dirt and suddenly he has an epiphany and proposes as though that will erase everything he has done. That was just as bad as Cole walking out on Deacon after a drinking binge and trusting him to get to a meeting AND get rid of the booze. C’mon!. Not to mention that god-awful crash scene that was as cliché as it was bad.
    Revenge was also my favorite finale, but didn’t see the need to kill Declan. And I seriously hope that Aidan is not Patrick. And the trick with Jack trying to shoot this guy from a balcony with a GUN, seriously?
    Agree with Matt about Quinn on Scandal. That was the only part I wasn’t crazy about, but the ‘dad’ revelation? Genius! Completely unexpected. Why can’t Shonda invest in Grey’s the way she does on Scandal? The Greys finale was underwhelming, and judging by Matt’s and Michael’s reaction, they thought so too. Cristina and Owen need to move on. Two years of this is ridiculous. It’s like playing a never-ending round of tic-tac-toe hoping that someone will win. It’s not going to happen. What this has done is just annoy people. Unlike the JCap-obssesed fans out there that can find no wrong with anything Arizona does, I agree with the group’s assessment of Arizona’s explanation for the cheating. I don’t buy it. It seemed desperate to accuse Callie of not losing anything and it makes Arizona look really, really bad. I kind of feel bad for Jessica Capshaw because not only does she have to play this version of Arizona, she also has to find a way to defend it to protect her character. On the other hand, she put out more lesbian vibes with Lauren than she ever has with Callie so maybe I don’t feel so bad for her. lol.
    Reading from Community’s script? Good one Nicole! LOL.

Comment by Babygate – May 25, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. Shonda should treat her shows equally.

Comment by James – May 26, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, LOVE her. And so glad Community got picked up!

Comment by Kristina – May 25, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Revenge pulls a ‘Jack Gets Amnesia’ or some other lame move to take back the reveal, I think the ratings will take a massive hit. His character has been irrelevant since season 1 so it’s time to bring him back in. A time-jump would be fine. We’ll get plenty of flashbacks. But taking back that incredible ending would be a huge slap in the face to fans and would probably be the end for the show.

Comment by Mikael – May 25, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hence why I strongly believe they won’t do that.

Comment by imember – May 26, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Yvette Nicole Brown! She’s probably my favorite Spoiler Alert guest.

Comment by Babybop – May 25, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not too familiar with this actress and I’ve never seen this Community show but she’s really funny though. Is Community really as good as everyone says it is? I see so many people are obsessed with it.

Comment by A – May 25, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree about Deacon spiraling – if I found out that the love of my life had lied to me “every moment” for the past 13 years (even though he was sober and was no longer a danger) AND that my daughter considered another man her father, I would definitely break my sobriety. People have broken theirs for much less.

Comment by ER – May 25, 2013 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Three things:

1) Am I the only one who thinks Declan is still alive or at least they left it open for him to return?

2) Am I also the only one who hated seeing Karev with that annoying intern?

3) Ok I forgot the third thing. I’m pretty sure it was an awesome and original insight

Comment by Hannah – May 25, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since it’s reported that the Declan actor is not on the slate for next season, I feel safe in believing he’s dead.

Who’s Karev?

Comment by ellen8 – June 3, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great video, awesome hosts, fantastic guest

Comment by david – May 25, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They definitely foreshadowed Quinn doing what she did when early in the episode Huck said “Quinn reminds me of me”. As soon as he said he couldn’t do it, I knew she would jump in to “do it”.

Comment by Elaine – May 25, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always enjoy TVline’s spoiler alerts/videos. Great recaps and feedback. You will be missed during the hiatus….
    On Nashville, I have enjoyed the show throughout and found that it was getting stronger with the past few episodes. I was expecting more from the finale but found it highly disappointing and plain silly. The scenes felt rushed and disconnected from one another, leaving me frustrated. It would have been best to focus on two or three story lines and just develop the characters from there (i.e. Rayna/Deacon with Maddie’s reveal or Rayna’s bonding with Juliette during the latter’s grieving period). Everything else could have been in the background.
    I really hope the show finds its footing in Season 2. The premise and the cast are superb and it would be sad to waste them on TV cliches (For the finale, Hayden P. and Chip Esten did a fantastic job though…). I was both happy and relieved of the show’s renewal a few weeks ago and I hope I don’t have any regrets when it starts back in the fall.

Comment by kiks – May 26, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seldom am I able to view your videos. I’d like to have the choice of clicking on text from the video or click to watch the video. Really do enjoy spolier alerts. Hoping a text only feature is avaialble soon.

Comment by Georgia – May 26, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revenge was my favorite of the finales but I liked them all. Sorry that you guys skimmed over Grey’s with Yvette admitting she hasn’t even seen it yet.

Comment by Lori – May 26, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please go back to text. I can’t always watch the vids, plus I’m only interested in a couple of shows. I don’t want to watch through a whole vid of stuff on shows I don’t watch. You are getting this message loud and clear every time you post these vids. Any reason why you aren’t listening to your audience?

Comment by Geordiegirl1967 – May 28, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Umm, some of us would be really unhappy if the Chief (James Pickens) didn’t make it. :(

Comment by DoctorWhoFanatic! – May 28, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally watched the video. Laughed out loud at MWM’s comments several times, and loved Yvette’s enthusiasm. Aus is looking sharp with the jacket!

Comment by emma@gmail.com – May 30, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m with you all who don’t like to watch videos. I prefer to read but fortunately this comments section is telling me what I need to know. There’s more about shows in the video I don’t care to watch ! BUt Ausiello obviously like to be seen talking so I’m sure our complaints won’t change anything.

Comment by ellen8 – June 3, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post