What to Watch Thursday: Rookie Blue Back on Patrol, Anne Heche Is Saved, Hannibal and More

Save MeOn TV this Thursday: Rookie Blue misplaces two (and it’s only the season premiere!), Anne Heche wants to Save Me, all the world’s a stage for Showville and Hannibal welcomes back a psychopath-in-training. Here are 10 post-May Sweeps programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates

8 pm Hell’s Kitchen (Fox) | Time-slot premiere: Chef Ramsay kicks both teams out of the kitchen right before the worst dinner service in the series’ history.

8 pm Save Me (NBC) | Double-episode series premiere: Anne Heche (Men in Trees) stars in this comedy as a pretty terrible wife and mom who survives a near-death experience to find she now receives messages from Joan of Arcadia God. Michael Landes (Lois & Clark) plays her husband Tom, Madison Davenport (Shameless) plays their daughter and Alexandra Breckenridge (American Horror Story) plays Tom’s mistress.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who Died? Who Got Married? Who’s Pregnant?

9 pm Does Someone Have to Go? (Fox) | Series premiere: This new reality program hands control of a workplace – tonight, a credit-card processing company in Illinois – to the workers, forcing them to make tough decisions in an effort to improve their situation. (And yes, one of those calls includes answering the question posed in the series’ title.)

9 pm Motive (ABC) | Time-slot premiere: When a teenage girl is killed in a hit-and-run, her ex-boyfriend is the most likely suspect. But Flynn and Vega soon find a link between the dead girl and a high-profile prosecutor running for mayor.

9 pm Showville (AMC) | Series premiere: Waiting for Guffman comes to life in this new, unscripted talent competition that offers a taste of stardom to a different small town every week. Actor Alex Mapa (Ugly Betty) and dancer Lisette Bustamante host. (Check out a preview.)

9:30 pm Parks and Recreation (NBC) | A Repeat to Revisit: Leslie and Andy go to the nation’s capital to visit Ben and April – running into real-life Senators Barbara Boxer and Olympia Snowe along the way.

PREVIEW | Rookie Blue‘s Missy Peregrym on Andy and Nick’s ‘Connection,’ Sam’s New Squeeze

10 pm Rookie Blue (ABC) | Season 4 premiere: Andy and Nick’s undercover mission looks bleak when both go missing. Meanwhile, a random arrest at 15 Division brings Sam and the rest of the officers in the middle of the search for their covert colleagues.

10 pm Hannibal (NBC) | The macabre discovery of a past episode’s murder victim moves Jack and Alana to question Abigail Hobbs and makes Will aware of some of the girl’s secrets… but do they include the huge one she shares with Hannibal?

10 pm Giving You the Business (Food Network) | Four managers at the 16 Handles frozen yogurt chain are secretly put to the test. If it were up to me, I’d award the win to anyone who could answer this riddle: How come, no matter how little yogurt I think I want when I enter the serve-yourself shop, I wind up with a $10 sundae?

10 pm Men at Work (TBS) | Milo and Gibbs find Tyler’s new girlfriend to be a little too familiar.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (39)

• Motive
    Hannibal

Comment by kirads09 – May 23, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal

Comment by SK – May 23, 2013 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the end of tv season there’s nothing good to watch, I wish Netflix would hurry up and post Scandal season 2

Comment by Md – May 23, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t know if you subscribe to Hulu Plus, but the entire second season of Scandal is on there. It’s a great service to subscribe to like Netflix.

Comment by Eric – May 23, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They won’t have it for streaming (instant) until it the physical copies come out in stores. It’s a rental service; they can’t rent something out before it’s made available from the distributor. Netflix is good for watching past seasons and Hulu Plus is good for watching current seasons. Also, there are tons of great shows airing this summer, just take a look at the summer calendar posted on here earlier this week.

Comment by reccer – May 23, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save Me

Comment by Eric – May 23, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rookie Blue!!!!!

Comment by Kira – May 23, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Rookie Blue but just wish they would put Andy and Sam together and leave them together….Also be watching Motive and Hannibal.

Comment by K. – May 23, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal…I really hope some how, some way, it continues on.

Comment by Brett – May 23, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If cable wants to pick it up, then I hope NBC cuts it loose. It would be more successful on FX, AMC, etc. Either way, I hope it gets a second season.

Comment by Mikael – May 23, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROOKIE BLUE!!!!!!! Love love love this show. Anyone who has never seen it MUST start watching. I have been going crazy waiting to see how the Sam, Andy, Nick triangle plays out. Love Peter Mooney!

Comment by Sar – May 23, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • did anyone else find motive kind of boring and hard to get into? I am going to watch the second episode but I’m curious what others thought of it.

Comment by leigh – May 23, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve started watching Big Brother Canada on YouTube because I watch none of this and I need my BB fix in the summer. So I think for the rest of my life I’ll watch the old BBCan episodes (there first and only season started in February, hopefully they have more that continue to air like this) right after sweeps and then BB in July, as if summer starts in July and ends in September for TV :p
    Also I need to watch last night’s Nashville!!!

Comment by B – May 23, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And with the start of Rookie Blue, I finally have something to watch on Thursday nights. Too bad my schedule is empty so many other nights in the summer. Oh well, more hours to do overtime at work.

Comment by Mark – May 23, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive, Hannibal and Rookie Blue. Love me some Blue :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 23, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal!

Comment by Morganic – May 23, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive! I really enjoyed Monday’s episode.

Comment by Bobby – May 23, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Question about Motive. Since this has been advertised as a Thursday night premiere I missed Monday’s episode. Is it worth me trying to find it online or did I really not miss anything pertinent to the shows story?

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 23, 2013 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I;m in Canada, where Motive just finished its first season. Each episode is self contained and you don’t need to see any of the others to enjoy (which I did) any one. I hope you enjoy it, too! (Lauren Holly isn’t on much–kind of like Ducky on NCIS–but she’s the reason I first started watching,) :-)

Comment by TV Gord – May 23, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh good, thanks for the reply :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – May 23, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ROOKIE BLUE, finally <3

Also, I like Hannibal.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 23, 2013 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reruns (Person of Interest, Elementary) and of course, Hannibal.

Comment by Tania – May 23, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tabatha Takes Over, Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell, and I’ll give Showville a chance because I like Alec Mapa.

Comment by Roni – May 23, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Roni the smart guy. Thanks for suggesting something YOU are watching on TV. I swear this list of comments is always ” Tell us what shows, off of this list, you are watching “. I will be looking for that show called Showville, and also thanks for the reminder on Tabatha. I tried Kumau before, but it was just as funny as the Louie show ; not at all funny.

Comment by Tim – May 23, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just read the description of Showville on my guide. I’ll be checking it during commercials instead.

Comment by Tim – May 23, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about the repeat of the Beauty & The Beast pilot?

Comment by Linda – May 23, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal, it’s brilliant

Comment by D.W. – May 23, 2013 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does someone have to go???? Stupid title – sounds like a teacher asking their kindergartners if they have to go potty! Guess I won’t be watching that one!

Comment by CactusRose – May 23, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive, Hannibal. Rookie Blue on DVR.

Comment by DDDDDDDDDDDD – May 23, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know if season 2 of American Horror Story is going to be coming to Netflix anytime soon??? Also, what about season first e(final) of Fringe???

Comment by chad edwards – May 23, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal!

Comment by N – May 23, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to try Save Me, but I’m not crazy about Anne Hache. She creeps me out in a Sean Young sort of way.

Comment by TV Gord – May 23, 2013 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anne Heche will be on screen at least 90% of the time. It seems like you’re setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. I might check it out because I liked Men in Trees and generally like Heche. The teasers don’t look that great, however.

Comment by MC – May 23, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rookie Blue (yeah!!! i’ve waited too long), maybe I give it a try to Save me… I tried watching Motive but nah… boring…

Comment by anakl – May 23, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save me,Motive and Rookie Blue

Comment by Joe Petitjean – May 23, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wipeout
    Hell’s Kitchen
    I may check out Rookie Blue

Comment by nick1372 – May 23, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes can’t wait for Rookie Blue tonight!

Comment by Bre – May 23, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Save Me, shame Anne and show got screwed airing when it did and where, the show was good and giving it limited and dumping it at end of TV season was wrong!!

Comment by DavidSask – May 23, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched “Saved” and was kind of impressed. Better than I anticipated! So you say it’s already a goner? Gee whiz folks.

Comment by Linda Lawrence – May 23, 2013 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post