What to Watch Wednesday: Chicago Fire and 5 Other Finales, MasterChef Gets Cooking and More

Get More: What to Watch

Chicago FireOn TV this final night of May Sweeps: Criminal Minds unmasks The Replicator; The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville and SVU sign off; and Masterchef turns up the heat once more. Here are 8 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm MasterChef (Fox) | Season 4 premiere: The best home cooks, culled from a nationwide search, prepare their signature dishes for judges Gordon Ramsay, Joe Bastianich and Graham Eliot in hopes of earning a white apron and moving to the next round. (Take a peek at a tasty preview.)

8 pm The Middle (ABC) | Season finale: Axl dodges Frankie’s questions about the graduation party she’s planning for him, Sue tries for her driver’s license again and Brick’s vice principal (played by Happy Days‘ Marion Ross) reminds him that, as class historian, he’s responsible for a slideshow of memories from the past four years. (Renewed.)

PREVIEW | Criminal Minds‘ Boss Previews Finale: The Replicator ‘Throws the First Punch’

9 pm Criminal Minds (CBS) | Double-episode season finale: First, Hotch discovers that his estranged brother is involved in a string of ecstasy ODs in Manhattan. Then, The Replicator targets a BAU member as his next victim. Luke Skywalker aka Mark Hamill guest-stars, while Bellamy Young (Scandal) and Eric Johnson (Rookie Blue) are back as Hotch’s girlfriend and sibling, respectively. (Get scoop.) (Yep, renewed.)

9 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Season finale: Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) and Pablo Schreiber (The Wire) guest-star in an ep in which a Central Park flasher turns out to be someone much bigger, badder and far more cunning than the SVU squad and ADA Barba expect. By the end, Det. Benson is in mortal danger – maybe that’s why star Danny Pino tells TVLine the hour is “probably one of our darkest. And by the end of it… I mean, I really don’t know how we’re going to get out of it.” (Yep, renewed.)

Modern Family9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Season finale: When Phil’s mom dies, the entire family travels to Florida, where Gloria deals with an outstanding arrest warrant and Jay runs into a pivotal person from his past. Fred Willard reprises his role as Phil’s pop, Frank. (Renewed.)

9:30 pm How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) (ABC) | When not butting heads with Max (as he stresses over opening his second comedy club), Polly’s helping Julian figure out how he feels about his new girlfriend.

RELATED | Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Season finale: The squad is called to defuse an escalating situation at a jail, Hermann’s wife goes into labor and Mills and Dawson face decisions in their personal lives. (Yep, renewed.)

10 pm Nashville (ABC) | Season finale: What’s important: Brad Paisley guest-stars as himself and performs with Rayna at the CMAs, and Peggy returns with a secret of her own. What’s gut-wrenchingly crucial: This. From all indications, tonight’s going to be huge, y’all. (And… renewed.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (37)

• Mythbusters
    Criminal Minds (yes, I have to find out about the Replicator)

Comment by kirads09 – May 22, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle, Modern Family, and Nashville.

Comment by Elizabeth – May 22, 2013 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds – can’t wait to find out who the victim and who the target will be.

Comment by SK – May 22, 2013 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MODERN FAMILY AND CHICAGO FIRE!!!!!

Comment by gg72 – May 22, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Criminal Minds
    Recording Chicago Fire on VHS (yes, they still exist)

Comment by Alyssa – May 22, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MasterChef.

Comment by Name That Tune – May 22, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Criminal Minds”, to be sure. I’m dying to know how this Replicator business turns out.

Comment by Angela – May 22, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle, Modern Family, and Chicago Fire all the way!

Comment by Bobby – May 22, 2013 05:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle, Modern Family, SVU, Criminal Minds

Comment by Leondre – May 22, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Chicago Fire and SVU for me tonight. :)

Comment by Esaul – May 22, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC all the way! I was lukewarm on Nashville early in the season, but it has really brought it the last several episodes. Loving it now!

Comment by MrsTV – May 22, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CF and CM. Please don’t let someone I like die on CM!!

Comment by cas – May 22, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chicago Fire season finale.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – May 22, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MasterChef, Criminal Minds & Chicago Fire; thank goodness for DVR too much overlap

Comment by Tiera – May 22, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the middle and criminal minds(how insane would it be if hamill is the replicator)

Comment by ollie – May 22, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville

Comment by Brandy – May 22, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Criminal Minds even though I know it will be Strauss who dies from the previews. I can’t be lucky enough for it to be Blake. She has added nothing to the team and I hate it every time she opens her mouth. She’s worse than the other blonde chick they brought in last time whose character and real names escape me right now. She has no chemistry with any of them and is so stiff. Please, please, please let it be her although I know it won’t be. I’ll DVR Nashville.

Comment by GS – May 22, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Took the words right out of my mouth!

Comment by K2 – May 22, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ashley Seaver, played by Rachel Nichols – she wasn’t THAT bad, but after the initial episode where she was introduced, she got kinda boring. I liked Jordan Todd (Meta Golding) better.

Comment by Steve F. – May 22, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks for the names…totally blanked. I actually didn’t mind her so much except she showed no emotion at all. Blake just makes me want to claw my eyes out. Took forever to get shows about JJ, Garcia, and Prentiss and we’ve already had to listen to her whine about her past with Strauss, her husband traveling and coming back home now and she’s not even been on a whole season. Hate when they mess with my favorite show!

Comment by GS – May 22, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seaver, the character, was so, so bland. I thought it was because Rachel Nichols couldn’t act to save her life. Then, I started watching Continuum and WOW. She’s flippin’ AMAZING! I can hardly believe it’s the same actress. She blows me off. I guess the character was the one who had no life at all.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – May 22, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Masterchef, Criminal Minds, NASHVILLE!

Comment by Jennifer Mitchell – May 22, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MasterChef! After this past season – where a blind person (deservedly) won – how are they going to top it? Besides… the promo where Joe Bastanich sets fire to a stack of bills is totally sick!

Comment by Steve F. – May 22, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Law & Order SVU, and then Nashville. Can’t wait!

Comment by linda2009 – May 22, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching L&O: SVU and Chicago Fire and watching Nashville on demand later this week. I’m a couple episodes behind so I have to catch up before I can watch their finale!

Comment by HeatherC – May 22, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE !!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – May 22, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank God for Hulu, b/c I will be watching Nashville, Chicago Fire, Modern Family, Master Chef, and SVU. Yes, I have a life… somewhere. Lol

Comment by Kristen – May 22, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family and Psych

Comment by Andy – May 22, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bomb Girls!

Comment by Roni – May 22, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll watch Chicago Fire, because Jesse Spencer is the cutest crier ever ;)

Comment by Sean – May 22, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Nashville and the Deacon, Rayna confrontation….

Comment by kiks – May 22, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nashville!

Comment by Sarah – May 22, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PSYCH!, Criminal Minds, The Daily Show w Jon Stewart

Comment by bobbie lou – May 22, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Modern Family
    MasterChef

Comment by nick1372 – May 22, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SVU. I’ll be watching while holding onto a pillow. Then possibly Chicago Fire and then The Daily Show and Colbert.

Comment by Zoe – May 22, 2013 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yikes, Criminal Minds is going to run against Chicago Fire. That can’t be good for the ratings (CF, I mean!) :(

I’m watching both, since I don’t live in the US. Two of my top 5! <3