Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner

Ratings Hawaii Five-0 Finale Goodwin GamesWith Castle already on hiatus, CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 finale topped the 10 o’clock hour this Monday, drawing 9 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating — up 15 percent and two tenths week-to-week, yet down more than 20 percent from its previous season ender (which led out of a fresh Mike & Molly).

Elsewhere in the time slot, NBC’s Revolution was flat with 5.8 mil and a 1.9, while ABC’s Motive premiered to 6.8 mil/1.4, retaining barely half of its Dancing With the Stars lead-in and shedding 20 percent of its numbers over the course of the hour.

The aforementioned DWTS season finale Part 1 drew 14.7 mil/2.5, up 11 and 25 percent week-to-week yet down 13 percent from a year ago.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?

NBC’s The Voice dipped 6 and 11 percent, to 10.6 mil/3.4 (scoring Monday’s best demo rating)… Rules of Engagement’s May Sweeps Scorecard-rocking series finale did 6.3 mil and a 1.8… and Fox’s The Goodwin Games debuted to a scant 1.75 mil/0.7, matching its Raising Hope repeat lead-in.

RELATED | TVLine Reader Poll: The Goodwin Games — Will You Keep Playing?

Comments (36)

• My theory is that the secret in Hawaii Five-0 is that Steve and Wo Fat are half-brothers.

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 21, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed — but that’s too easy/predictable, right?

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – May 21, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe, heh. I didn’t consider it until this last episode.

Comment by Michael Sacal – May 21, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve been thinking that ever since Steve’s mother entered the picture.

Comment by Autumn – May 21, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly. Early on, she said something to Wo Fat that stopped him from killing her, and then she let him get away. We also know she had a complicated past with his father. I think this one is a pretty safe bet.

Comment by wordsmith – May 21, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was joking about this to my husband – either Doris is going to say he’s my son or he’s my lover. :P

Comment by SK – May 21, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is H50, the writing and the lame plots are not exactly rocket science.

Comment by GeoDiva – May 21, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the theory that has been circulating on the internet for the entire season.

Comment by Sg. Grant – May 21, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad to hear those numbers for The Goodwin Games. Damn you Fox for not letting the show open during mid-season… I need Becki Newton in my TV.

Comment by James – May 21, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had wanted to see it but I missed it. I didn’t even know it was airing last night! Way to squeeze it in between a bunch of repeats with no promotion, Fox! I mean what do they expect?

Comment by Lauren – May 21, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I’m mystified and frustrated that they’re dumping the show with such pathetic promotional support. I thought it was fresh and completely charming. Why so little faith, Fox?

Comment by wordsmith – May 21, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Fox obviously just wants to burn it off. What a waste! I thought it was good, but they stuck it between repeats with little promotion… such a shame to waste Becky Newton and Scott Foley like this…

Comment by yukoner2 – May 21, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Mike & Molly repeat got such good ratings because many people weren’t aware of its preemption.
    Poor Goodwin Games with just a 0.7. I am appalled at the way FOX has treated this show.

Comment by Babar Suhail (@BabarSuhail) – May 21, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s too bad about the Goodwin Games. It was a really cute show with fun actors. I hope it picks us and Fox actually promotes it.

Comment by Margy – May 21, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Goodwin Games, I am even more upset that Jake Lacy got replaced. He would have been much better in the role than TJ Miller, who I actually found kind annoying. But I guess it worked out better for Jake as he got a full season of work (basically) on The Office.

Comment by Jake – May 21, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you, he is so much better.

Comment by Sam – May 21, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I liked Jake Lacy better in the original promos.

Comment by Babar Suhail (@BabarSuhail) – May 21, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% AGREE!! Jake Lacy would have been so much better!!

Comment by yukoner2 – May 21, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I gave up on H50 pretty much. Sometimes tune in but not a must see. I think they need to end the Wo Fat storyline for once and for all. I grew tired of it. They need something new to focus on. I felt Christine was extremely annoying. And speaking of annoying I would like Danno a lot better if he were a lot less whiney.
      JMHO. I still love Alex O however.

Comment by kirads09 – May 21, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Alex should take some acting lessons in the break. The shower scenes are getting old. The episode centered on him got a season low few weeks ago. You have to wonder why-

Comment by Suzie – May 21, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m shocked about Kono for H50. As for Steve and Wo Fat, I was thinking that but I’m with Matt – it can’t be that easy, can it?

Comment by sladewilson – May 21, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox is the only one to blame for Goodwin Games’ performance. The pilot was enjoyable but I had no idea the show was premiering because there was literally no marketing. It was just a pleasant surprise that popped up on my TV after Raising Hope. If you’re going to put the money into making a show, why not market it like you market the rest?

Comment by David S. – May 21, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the Goodwin Games, no trailers that I saw, never heard of it but like Scott Foley, it was as good as say New Girl or Raising Hope etc. guessing ABC is tossing this away .. ?
    I like it thought so……………….

Comment by Curt – May 21, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OOOPS Fox …… heh heh

Comment by Curt – May 21, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow! H50 finale was beaten by a repeat of Mike&Molly, a show about fat people. LOL.
    This show is such a stinker, no surprise CBS dumped it on Fridays.

Comment by Alyssa – May 21, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super bummed to hear about The Goodwin Games’ numbers. It was such a good series, but there’s no way it doesn’t get cancelled now.

Comment by Eric – May 21, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodwin Games did not stand a chance, little to no promos and surrounded by repeats, it was destined to flop.

Comment by Mike – May 21, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I had read about it and planned on watching but didn’t even know the first episode was showing last night. Have seen absolutely no promos/commercials for it so I hadn’t even put it on my DVR yet.

Comment by Kristoffer – May 21, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad for The Goodwin Games, I really enjoyed it. It was nice to watch a clever show that’s not filled to the brim with crude humor. I hope Fox gives it a chance for a while at least!

Comment by Loni – May 21, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox better give the Goodwin Games the opportunity to catch viewers. I really liked it last night. I was just lucky to have Fox on the TV last night to catch it by chance.

Comment by Heather – May 21, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Motive does better once it settles into the Thursday timeslot. Esp with other popular shows in encores/hiatus for the summer. I think it has potential and love Lauren Holly.
    Of course that means they will probably cancel it in a few eps. :-/

Comment by kirads09 – May 21, 2013 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hawaii Five 0 is just a stupid show. Worst show on TV. The show is sinking fast and next Fall on Fridays will be the last push to see it die. Finally.

Comment by Suzie – May 21, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive has already been renewed for a second season in Canada. I wonder what the ratings on ABC would have to stabilize at in order for them to air season 2 next summer?

Comment by Brett Heitkam – May 21, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was really looking forward to Motive but that show was pretty horrible. So disappointed. As for The Goodwin Games it never stood a chance on FOX. Hopefully the network doesn’t just pull it and air New Girl repeats instead.

Comment by JJ – May 21, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post