Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner

Ratings Hawaii Five-0 Finale Goodwin GamesWith Castle already on hiatus, CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 finale topped the 10 o’clock hour this Monday, drawing 9 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating — up 15 percent and two tenths week-to-week, yet down more than 20 percent from its previous season ender (which led out of a fresh Mike & Molly).

Elsewhere in the time slot, NBC’s Revolution was flat with 5.8 mil and a 1.9, while ABC’s Motive premiered to 6.8 mil/1.4, retaining barely half of its Dancing With the Stars lead-in and shedding 20 percent of its numbers over the course of the hour.

The aforementioned DWTS season finale Part 1 drew 14.7 mil/2.5, up 11 and 25 percent week-to-week yet down 13 percent from a year ago.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?

NBC’s The Voice dipped 6 and 11 percent, to 10.6 mil/3.4 (scoring Monday’s best demo rating)… Rules of Engagement’s May Sweeps Scorecard-rocking series finale did 6.3 mil and a 1.8… and Fox’s The Goodwin Games debuted to a scant 1.75 mil/0.7, matching its Raising Hope repeat lead-in.

RELATED | TVLine Reader Poll: The Goodwin Games — Will You Keep Playing?

1. My theory is that the secret in Hawaii Five-0 is that Steve and Wo Fat are half-brothers.

2. James says:

So sad to hear those numbers for The Goodwin Games. Damn you Fox for not letting the show open during mid-season… I need Becki Newton in my TV.

• Lauren says:

I had wanted to see it but I missed it. I didn’t even know it was airing last night! Way to squeeze it in between a bunch of repeats with no promotion, Fox! I mean what do they expect?

• wordsmith says:

Yeah, I’m mystified and frustrated that they’re dumping the show with such pathetic promotional support. I thought it was fresh and completely charming. Why so little faith, Fox?

• yukoner2 says:

I agree. Fox obviously just wants to burn it off. What a waste! I thought it was good, but they stuck it between repeats with little promotion… such a shame to waste Becky Newton and Scott Foley like this…

3. I think Mike & Molly repeat got such good ratings because many people weren’t aware of its preemption.
    Poor Goodwin Games with just a 0.7. I am appalled at the way FOX has treated this show.

4. Margy says:

It’s too bad about the Goodwin Games. It was a really cute show with fun actors. I hope it picks us and Fox actually promotes it.

5. Jake says:

Watching Goodwin Games, I am even more upset that Jake Lacy got replaced. He would have been much better in the role than TJ Miller, who I actually found kind annoying. But I guess it worked out better for Jake as he got a full season of work (basically) on The Office.

• Sam says:

thank you, he is so much better.

• I agree, I liked Jake Lacy better in the original promos.

• yukoner2 says:

100% AGREE!! Jake Lacy would have been so much better!!

• kirads09 says:

I gave up on H50 pretty much. Sometimes tune in but not a must see. I think they need to end the Wo Fat storyline for once and for all. I grew tired of it. They need something new to focus on. I felt Christine was extremely annoying. And speaking of annoying I would like Danno a lot better if he were a lot less whiney.
      JMHO. I still love Alex O however.

• Suzie says:

Alex should take some acting lessons in the break. The shower scenes are getting old. The episode centered on him got a season low few weeks ago. You have to wonder why-

6. sladewilson says:

I’m shocked about Kono for H50. As for Steve and Wo Fat, I was thinking that but I’m with Matt – it can’t be that easy, can it?

7. David S. says:

Fox is the only one to blame for Goodwin Games’ performance. The pilot was enjoyable but I had no idea the show was premiering because there was literally no marketing. It was just a pleasant surprise that popped up on my TV after Raising Hope. If you’re going to put the money into making a show, why not market it like you market the rest?

8. Curt says:

the Goodwin Games, no trailers that I saw, never heard of it but like Scott Foley, it was as good as say New Girl or Raising Hope etc. guessing ABC is tossing this away .. ?
    I like it thought so……………….

9. Alyssa says:

wow! H50 finale was beaten by a repeat of Mike&Molly, a show about fat people. LOL.
    This show is such a stinker, no surprise CBS dumped it on Fridays.

10. Eric says:

Super bummed to hear about The Goodwin Games’ numbers. It was such a good series, but there’s no way it doesn’t get cancelled now.

11. Mike says:

Goodwin Games did not stand a chance, little to no promos and surrounded by repeats, it was destined to flop.

• Kristoffer says:

Agreed. I had read about it and planned on watching but didn’t even know the first episode was showing last night. Have seen absolutely no promos/commercials for it so I hadn’t even put it on my DVR yet.

12. Loni says:

Too bad for The Goodwin Games, I really enjoyed it. It was nice to watch a clever show that’s not filled to the brim with crude humor. I hope Fox gives it a chance for a while at least!

13. Heather says:

Fox better give the Goodwin Games the opportunity to catch viewers. I really liked it last night. I was just lucky to have Fox on the TV last night to catch it by chance.

14. kirads09 says:

I hope Motive does better once it settles into the Thursday timeslot. Esp with other popular shows in encores/hiatus for the summer. I think it has potential and love Lauren Holly.
    Of course that means they will probably cancel it in a few eps. :-/

15. Suzie says:

Hawaii Five 0 is just a stupid show. Worst show on TV. The show is sinking fast and next Fall on Fridays will be the last push to see it die. Finally.

16. Brett Heitkam says:

Motive has already been renewed for a second season in Canada. I wonder what the ratings on ABC would have to stabilize at in order for them to air season 2 next summer?

17. JJ says:

I was really looking forward to Motive but that show was pretty horrible. So disappointed. As for The Goodwin Games it never stood a chance on FOX. Hopefully the network doesn’t just pull it and air New Girl repeats instead.