Report: Michelle Stafford Exits Young & Restless

Get More: Casting News

Daytime Emmy Nominations 2013Michelle Stafford is leaving CBS’ The Young and the Restless, E! reports.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner has played the soap’s Phyllis, off and on, since 1994.

RELATEDY&R Boss on the Fate of Kay Chancellor

Stafford’s exit comes not long after Y&R vet Jeanne Cooper’s death in early May; the drama will air a tribute to the Chancellor matriarch on May 28.

Stafford recently shot a retrospective video in honor of her show’s 40th anniversary (see clip below).

When she first started on the sudser, “I was actually told that I would be recurring and that I would only be on for six weeks,” she says in the spot, smiling. “But I knew in my mind that that wasn’t going to happen.”

How do you feel about a Genoa City without Stafford? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (503)

• Phillis home is with y&r……please come home we miss you..just not the same without you and the drama you created. …wake up, come home and give sharon what she deserves a good kick in the butt…Love you Michelle

Comment by judy reeves – August 20, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since Phyllis has left, Y&R soap has been boring. Avery can’t compete. It is truly not an interesting soap opera. I mean truly. How many times are the writers going to make Sharon crazy. How many times are the writers going to have Nick’s character cheat? I think when Drew left, Y&R was getting rid of someone who made the show interesting and crazy (good)!! Now, the lost of another veteran actress. Truly!! The show is so boring…i fast forward until I see bold and the beautiful!!! lol

Comment by de Clown – September 1, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why don’t half of you people whinning about their ages get a life !!!

Comment by Rita – September 6, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad Michelle Stafford is leaving the show, HOPE SHE NEVER RETURN, She got away with to much, and would cry when anything would happen to her always acting like she was perfect, Say goodbye to the TRASH.

Comment by Patricia – September 13, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Michele her talent will be missed, I hope she returns to YR just not the same show without her.

Comment by Joyce – October 22, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and the saga continues I have followed and phyllis has a newborn not newman ha ha does anyone have a clue i would have thought she wanted some TIME

Comment by mark – January 29, 2014 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my vote is true she is and WAS the show so why lie you loved her why do people bs fake comments– great artists and great people must really srew up your inner confidence how could you watch the show everyday and hate phylis omgosh lout loud!!!

Comment by mark – January 29, 2014 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post