Report: Michelle Stafford Exits Young & Restless

Daytime Emmy Nominations 2013Michelle Stafford is leaving CBS’ The Young and the Restless, E! reports.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner has played the soap’s Phyllis, off and on, since 1994.

RELATEDY&R Boss on the Fate of Kay Chancellor

Stafford’s exit comes not long after Y&R vet Jeanne Cooper’s death in early May; the drama will air a tribute to the Chancellor matriarch on May 28.

Stafford recently shot a retrospective video in honor of her show’s 40th anniversary (see clip below).

When she first started on the sudser, “I was actually told that I would be recurring and that I would only be on for six weeks,” she says in the spot, smiling. “But I knew in my mind that that wasn’t going to happen.”

How do you feel about a Genoa City without Stafford? Sound off in the comments!

1. judy reeves says:

Phillis home is with y&r……please come home we miss you..just not the same without you and the drama you created. …wake up, come home and give sharon what she deserves a good kick in the butt…Love you Michelle

2. de Clown says:

Since Phyllis has left, Y&R soap has been boring. Avery can’t compete. It is truly not an interesting soap opera. I mean truly. How many times are the writers going to make Sharon crazy. How many times are the writers going to have Nick’s character cheat? I think when Drew left, Y&R was getting rid of someone who made the show interesting and crazy (good)!! Now, the lost of another veteran actress. Truly!! The show is so boring…i fast forward until I see bold and the beautiful!!! lol

3. Rita says:

Why don’t half of you people whinning about their ages get a life !!!

4. Patricia says:

I am so glad Michelle Stafford is leaving the show, HOPE SHE NEVER RETURN, She got away with to much, and would cry when anything would happen to her always acting like she was perfect, Say goodbye to the TRASH.

5. Joyce says:

Love Michele her talent will be missed, I hope she returns to YR just not the same show without her.

6. mark says:

and the saga continues I have followed and phyllis has a newborn not newman ha ha does anyone have a clue i would have thought she wanted some TIME

7. mark says:

my vote is true she is and WAS the show so why lie you loved her why do people bs fake comments– great artists and great people must really srew up your inner confidence how could you watch the show everyday and hate phylis omgosh lout loud!!!

8. Anita Marshall says:

Ok, Phyllis is gone now hurry up and replace her so you can bring her out of the coma and bring the story line with Sharon and her secret to an end. Enough is enough!

9. Susan says:

I loved Phyllis on the show. She’s a great actor. I would like her to do whatever makes her happy and if she doesn’t come back – I will miss her.

10. nancy deprospo says:

Phyllis was great on y&r im sorry that shes no longer there all I can say is your lose y&r

11. Hi…,I have been watching the Y R .from the begining… I just can stand The new Billy Abbott (David Tom.) He looks like a 16 yrs old kid… Were his Billy Miller .. better actor .. Sorry that Michelle Stafford left.. she was a good actress.. To much sexy scene on the show. for me its a private matter and we do not need that. on the show.. and Sharon and Nicholas its been going on to long ..they look stupid all the kiissing and petting .Come on guys smartin up.

12. Edward Morrison says:

Im glad…..didnt like phyliss at all….thank you

13. brenda says:

I have watched faithfully for 41 years and the Y & R will never be the same without Michelle Stafford.

14. kallync says:

It sucks! That simple, all the changes SUCK! They are tearing Y&R apart.

15. A says:

Really hate to see “Phyllis” go especially before she fingers Sharon. That had dragged on tooooo long. I’m about ready to watch something else. She really needs to come back.

16. Janice johnson says:

Cannot see this show without her, hope she comes back!

17. Sammy says:

Michelle stafford is my all time favorite with her gone and everyone else’s characters being changed the show is garbage i have watched this show since I was a child and I’m 35 years old I’ve started to stop recording y&r and barley want to watch it it’s become silly ……

18. Joyce says:

Today has finally done me in. Phyllis was a maddening element of your show, however, she is missed. But I took TY&TR off record daily as I got a belly full of everyone being in bed on a daily basis. Sex may sell, but there is a limit of too much and a story can be told from good writers without always screwing. No one seems to have a moral compass anymore.

19. Alice Garcia says:

i wonder why phy. wasn’t on the show, she played the best part, no

20. Peggy rutherfprd says:

Miss u Michelle they could at least hey a redhead Diana was on guiding light and was great bit she is not phyllis

21. donna says:

I loved Michelle Stafford as Phyllis & hated that she left. I guess I’ll just have to get used to the new one. Totally new personality and mannerisms. Also the new Billy does not work at all. Sorry, it’s the worst replacement ever.

22. jimmy says:

please get the old Phyllis back, the new one does not even come close to the character.. please!

23. Dawn says:

She was amazing! Nobody can play Phyllis like she did. I have been watching Y&R for almost all of my 50 years and she has been my favorite! Not sure about this new one. She just doesn’t seem to have the same “attitude” about her look.

24. Michelle. Please please come back! The show is not(nearly) as interesting and exciting without you and your face there.The new Phyllis may know your scripts but you are irreplacable. So make thousands like me happy and return soon. Thank You.

25. ella says:

I am wondering how a great actress is replaced by a really bad one. What were they thinking. There is no match for Phyllis. She kept the show going with her sex appeal , intrigue, smartness, beauty and much much more . I always looked forward to watching the show. Now its so predictable, it stinks. Now Nick is talking to a dog. Don’t waste my time anymore. Start writing better scripts. Keep it up, and this show is going to be canceled. SORRY!!!!