Report: Michelle Stafford Exits Young & Restless

Daytime Emmy Nominations 2013Michelle Stafford is leaving CBS’ The Young and the Restless, E! reports.

The multiple Daytime Emmy winner has played the soap’s Phyllis, off and on, since 1994.

RELATEDY&R Boss on the Fate of Kay Chancellor

Stafford’s exit comes not long after Y&R vet Jeanne Cooper’s death in early May; the drama will air a tribute to the Chancellor matriarch on May 28.

Stafford recently shot a retrospective video in honor of her show’s 40th anniversary (see clip below).

When she first started on the sudser, “I was actually told that I would be recurring and that I would only be on for six weeks,” she says in the spot, smiling. “But I knew in my mind that that wasn’t going to happen.”

How do you feel about a Genoa City without Stafford? Sound off in the comments!

• Sue Hall says:

OMFG! This news is mind-blowing. Michelle is the BEST ACTRESS on that show right along with Michael Baldwin!!! This is horrible news and I’ve been watching this 1 soap FOREVER. I really am angry that they’re doing this. NO ONE can or will ever replace her acting abilities….NO ONE!!!!!!!

• Linda says:

Good bye Phyllis. I have to wonder if you are not leaving because you are no longer paired with Nicholas. You were too old to be paired with him from the beginning. You are Victor and Nikki’s age.

• JoyAnne says:

Since when did age mean anything in soaps. Most of the parents are not old enough to have the kids that have been sorased. They certainly haven’t been married long enough. Join the cast of a soap and throw your personal birth certificate away because it won’t mean a thing.

• Linda says:

Real life age and soap age is totally different. For years Phyllis played right along with Victor, Nikki, Michael, Lauren and Paul and Christine. I repeat she was tooooooo old for Nicholas to be paired with in the first place. Soap Operas, soap operas. They really make some big blunders in the name of storylines. The writers seem to forget that many of us have been watching The Young and the Restless for years. We know the characters. Nicholas and Phyllis were never a great match to begin with.

• Hi, first of all I love the show , I watched for years , I am glad Phylisd is leaving , she had done so much dirt and gotten away with it , she is the cause of so many heart aches, if it weren’t for her Sharon and Nick would be still.married , she tried to kill two people she kill one woman and got away with it. Yes I am glad that that hateful spiteful woman I’d gone. I wish the writers stop tortuering Nick and Sharon, plus Avery needs to be gone to , what is happening with the real good people on the show , SO LONG PHYLISS!!!

• kim cronin says:

I don’t get all of the Avery haters. She’s the total package – beautiful, funny, smart. I love her, love her, love her. Love Phyllis, too, but let’s face it, not many of us will actually quit watching Y&R just because she’s leaving. This is the nature of soaps. We’ll deal. We’ll keep watching. Plus, just because she’s leaving now doesn’t mean that she won’t be back – also the nature of soaps.

• Kelly says:

Michelle Stafford (born September 14, 1965) (Phyllis)
          Joshua Jacob Morrow (born February 8, 1974) (Nick)
          Eric Braden (born April 3, 1941) Victor
          Melody Thomas Scott (born April 18, 1956) (Nikki)

Nope Phyllis isn’t quite as old

• Linda says:

See comment to Joy Anne. Just a comment from an original watcher.

• Gail Tonelli says:

Oh, I see. It is alright for Nikki and Victor to have a 15 year age difference because HE is the older, but for Phyllis to be 9 years older than Nick is wrong!!?? Please, get with the times. Plus, it_is_ a_ SOAP OPERA. BTW- I think I started watching Y&R in 1972 or thereabouts. My mom and I used to watch it, and she got my dad to watch it, too. Fast forward a number of years and I got my husband hooked, too.
            I do want to give my condolences to the family and many loved ones and fans of Jeanne Cooper. Earlier this year, I read her bio. What a great life! And, she adored her children! Loved you Mrs. “C”.
            Going to miss Phyllis. She certainly was a wild and crazy one throughout the years.All the best to you, Michele.

• denise says:

hello NICK AND VICTORIA where born in 1983 and 1985 on the show.It doesn’t matter how old the actor is , they are playing a part and I think they all do a great job.I will miss michelle and it will be hard to get use to someone else!

• BarbinColorado says:

Thank you for just stating the facts. This person obviously doesn’t like Phyllis or maybe Michelle Stafford or both so rather than be factual they chose to be misleading about her age. What might really be bothering Linda is the fact that Michelle Stafford could have a guy like Nick and make it work because she is so attractive for her age. I’d be sorry to not have scenes with Nick anymore too but I think Michelle Stafford isn’t that thin skinned.

• Molott01 says:

39 vs 48. That’s a big enough difference when the younger person is a male! The character of Phyllis is quite sophiscated and paired well with the character of Jack. So stands to reason, she would not pair well with the character of Nicholas.

• Mookie says:

I totally agree.

• Tammy says:

I have to agree. Why they paired her up with him to begin with was a complete mystery. The original ‘cougar’.

• LL says:

Nick and Phyllis were paired together because they had great sexual chemistry. And Nick needed a way to grieve Cassie. An escape, and Phyllis provided that for him. But I do feel she is better suited for Jack.

• katrin says:

What is the age all about u look out Sharon get nick bsck I be happy get Victor out of the way seem he go his noise in ever thing going on that show

• Jodi says:

You have got to be kidding!! Michelle is only 9yrs older than Joshua in the real world let alone the “Soap World” that is not that big an age differance! They were hot from the moment it started! There have been way bigger age differences in both worlds whether the man or women is oldest. Why should their age make any differance ?

• Molott01 says:

It’s not just about age. Nicholas was not, IS not still, nearly as sophisticated as Phyllis. And I completely disagree about their pairing being “hot”. In fact, they have NO chemistry. Which is why Phyllis cheated with Ronanm who is actually 3 years YOUNGER than Joshua. But their characters (Phyllis and Ronan) had much better chemistry than Michelle and Joshua.

• Merrilyn says:

I am 13 years older than my husband, who I met in 1982, he was 23 I was 36….. people thought he was my age then, and now they think he is older than I am….. I am 67 he is 54….. I was the original cougar….. HA

• Kathleen Lawler says:

I have always said that. She was with Jack and Jack was married to Nikki. So it was kinda like her making love to her step son.
          But she is very pretty and is aging gracefully but still too old.

• Linda says:

Sharon was married to Jack too. Actually Sharon was married to Victor which I found disgusting. Just because people were married to someone older doesn’t change their age,

• Barbara Freeman says:

Linda
          I don’t think she paired herself with Nick. The writers did. And for your information, Victor is 72 in real life, Nikki is 57, a 15 year difference and Phyllis is 47 and Nick is 39 which is only an 8 year difference. Now who is too old for who? And Michelle Stafford and Billy Williams are the best things on Y&R. I definitely won’t be watching now.

• Molott01 says:

Nick is immature. Phyllis is not. Writers or not, they were a terrible pairing! And for YOUR information, if you think Michelle Stafford did not pull with regard to her story lines, think again!

• Len says:

Amen Barbara!!!

• Are you from outer space? Eric Braeden(spelling?) is approaching 80 and Melody Thomas Scott is in her 60’s, I believe. Michelle Stafford IS the best actress ever…so, get real, Linda. “Phyllis” and “Nicholas” exude primal animal sex together , regardless thei age difference….much more magnetism than wishy-washy Sharon or pie-faced, asexual, Avery…..gimme a break….
          Please, Michelle…don’t leave…get rid of Avery what’s her face…

• Bobwww says:

Whoaaaa.. get yourself a CALCULATOR! Victor is 72 in real life, Nikki is 57.

• fancy says:

Why does Nicholas have to be with tramp slept with the whole family Sharon? Hook Phyllis up with some new hunk. The writers keep hiring these kids. Hire some interesting men to pair the women up with. Hook her up with Adam that would be an explosive situation!!! hmmmm…..

• kim cronin says:

omg! I love Avery. She’s pretty, funny, sexy and loves to cook. I think she’s awesome and I love Avery and Nick together. If I was to assume the persona of anyone on that show, I’d chose Avery hands down

• Carolyn says:

Phyllis is awesome and will miss her, but Avery sucks, she can leave anytime now. Just my opinion though, been a loyal Y&R fan since 1974. RIP Jeanne Cooper

• shoozeyqueen says:

Eric Braeden was born on April 3, 1941, so what does that make him? It makes him 72, not 80 years old.

Do your research.

Jeanne Cooper (may she rest in peace) was way older than Eric Braeden. She was born on October 25, 1928, thereby, if you can do the math, making her 85 years old this coming October, had she lived.

• JANE says:

SHE IS NOT VICTOR’S AGE BUT SHE IS 9 YEARS OLDER THAN JOSH. IF SHE HAD BEEN CAST AS A COUGAR, THEN MAYBE YOU COULD SEE THEM TOGETHER. OTHERWISE, SHE AS PHYLISS IS 15 TO 20 YEARS OLDER THAN NICK!

• diana baker says:

You are so right. I agree completely. She never showed as much attraction to jack, who by age is more suitable for her, as she did to nick who is a lot younger. She is a cougar but there’s never mention of that because she loves the attention she gets from younger men.

• Linda says:

I don’t understand why you think that Jack’s age is so much more appropriate for Phyllis. When Phyllis showed up in town she was supposed to be in her early 20’s. At the time Nick was 16 so a 6 or 7 year gap. Jack served in Vietnam (where he met the woman he married much later). That would make him early 60’s at least. In real life Peter will be 60 next week. Michelle is 47 in real life. Joshua Morrow is 39. Who pays any attention to ages on the soaps anyway? There are much bigger gaps.

• Ricky says:

you are an idiot..shes a pro actress ..she dosent care about who shes paired with on the soap!. shes happy with the man in her real life!

• Molott01 says:

If you think Michelle Stafford does not care about who she is paired with on the Soap, you need to start following her on Twitter. “Cause she damn well does! Name calling, so unbecoming!

• Mary says:

She is not Victor’s age he is in his seventies, she mid forty…the show will never be the same with out her..she outshines them all

• Kris says:

Linda think you better check some birthdates…..phyllis is older than Nick but much younger than victor and nikki…..and who cares …leading men on soaps get paired with much younger women all the time!! No one seems to have an issue with that…

• fancy says:

Why do all these people think Michelle Stafford is leaving because she can not be paired up with Nicholas Newman anymore. That is stupid. She is probably leaving to explore more innovative acting opportunities elsewhere, because she is a wonderful actress who could do so much better than this soap. It is not about being paired up with any soap actor on Young and Restless. She has great talent and wants to spread her wings and test what else is out there for her to do. A more demanding role. She is just the actress to handle it.
            She is a great actress. She is good at making us hate her and love her. Michelle Stafford will be missed.

• Angela Reynolds says:

Michelle is Not Victor and Nikki’s age. Check your facts

• fancy says:

What does it matter how old Michelle Stafford’s actual age is??? She is an actress playing a part. She looks close to Nick’s age, She looks young and vibrant, lovely and alive. She could play the love interest of anyone on the show except for all the newbies and the geek Kevin Fisher. It does not matter how old Michelle Stafford actually is. How old is Victoria, Amelia Heinle????

• Jack (Peter Bergman) is 60 years old…not michelle Stafford’s age. I am older than my husband…funny thing, he has always looked older than I…even as teens. This is soap land and they can do anything they please, even if it is not realistic. I have stated this before, what really boggles the mind is the discrepancy of the age difference between Cassie and Summer. Will someone please give a plausible explanation for that? If Cassie were alive, she’d be 32. HUH??

• Debb says:

No she’s NOT!!! She’s Jack’s age…I’ve watched since the very first episode!

• Shawn says:

She was not the same age as Victor he is 72 in real life. And Phill is 48

• ashley says:

You are an idiot Linda!

• Linda says:

I must pass that IDIOT stance on to you and the others who can not seem to stay off of my statement, That was my thought, if it is not yours then so be Apparently you all did not read the memo, soap opera age is not the same as real age. Get a grip and find another statement to pounce on, this one is rather overly commented on.

• You are right Linda. There is no need to resort to name-calling…everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and we should respect that. This is supposed to be friendly banter …(:

• Sue says:

You are an idiot!

• What is your definition of idiot? I am a linguist with a Masters in English and Minors in French, Italian and German… Just saying…..do I qualify? Thank you so much for that remark…I suppose it takes one to know one…do you know me, stronza? I love you…PEACE… May you find a little time to de-stress, honey.

• shoozeyqueen says:

I think she’s mad because she isn’t the screen hog she used to be prior to the new writers taking over. Everything isn’t always about Phyllis. I got tired of her flailingher arms all over the place. I could take Phyllis or leave her. She was just too overwhelming as a character. For now, I’m not going to miss her.

Although, I have to say, I loved it when she and Drucilla Winters would go at it with each other. Drucilla could hold her ground against Phyllis, and that’s why I liked Drucilla Winters so much.

• dawn says:

@ Linda. Nasty, nasty. Who cares how old Michelle Stafford is? She has an amazing body and is absolutely beautiful. Also, check your facts, she is not nearly as old as Victor and Nikki. Jealous much?

• trisha says:

I so agree, she has never-ever been right with Nick. Get it together Y&R n stop making Sharon crazy like Phyllis n get Nick back with youthful person like Sharon instead of all these old woman. If this is what it takes for y&r to open there eyes n get Phyllis outta the picture, so be it. Lol.

• trisha says:

Y&R, Stop making Sharon a total looney. What The Heck. I’m Gonna Have to Stop Watching Y&R until Yall Get This Together, so I’ll check back in n about a month to see if Y&R has wised up Any n STOP making Sharon Like A Freak Show that She’s NOT.

• katrin says:

U know that the show falling apart.it get whrer no one watch it

• Melissa says:

Totally agree Trisha. I hate the way this show has made Sharon into a total nut.

• katrin says:

ididnt watch wwhat happen write back

• Tammy A says:

I think that it’s so sad that some people have absolutely nothing better to do with their time, than to come back and make comment after comment after comment in regards to this show. Especially in regards to the other actors, than what this article is about. Face it, you may not like Victor (which you have made VERY obvious every time you post), but he is not going anywhere. Victor’s character, along with Mrs. C’s, were basically where this show evolved. The character, Phyllis, was only originally meant to last for just a little blip, but fortunately for Michelle it evolved. Michelle was the one that decided to leave, the writers didn’t let her go, and from what I’ve been reading about her personally, it may be for the best. Let It Go!!! Go out and find a life!

• fancy says:

Sharon IS a total lunatic. She has slept with every Newman, she has cheated, connived just as bad or even worse than Phyllis ever did. She is a witch. She needs to leave the show not Michelle Stafford. I am so sick of watching whining pathetic Sharon whatever her last name is now. She does not EVEN deserve to be with Nick. Nick and Avery need to be together. Sick of Sharon.

• katrin says:

Same here’ the person keep telling to mestop this Cassie thing forgeit.l hate what they doing to sharon.if would .why not to something to victor. He the prombles for everyone I heard that Philly’s go to a new soap. I been reading.on gossip.on the soap lines

• I have been a Y&R fan since 1974. Michelle Stafford was and is an integral part of the Young and the Restless. Her removal from the show has damaged the unique quality of the program and has extracted a vital ingredient of professionalism.

• linda says:

totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Barbara Brown says:

I concur! Her acting is impeccable and I think that it is so sad ererthat some of the commentersthr here cannot separate acting from reality. Writer’s write, actor’s follow scripts and we are entertained. I am going to miss Mischelle Stafford and I hope there is public outcry to bring her back to Y&R . She was GREAT with Ronin! You could feel the passion between them in their professionalism as consummate actors/ actress. Log onto the Y&R website and let the writers know that you are unhappy with their work, instead of fixating on trival matters such as age. All of the actors/ actresses on Y&R are good at what they do, and they don’t deserve your critism. I will miss Phyliss ( Michelle ) and I hope that she ” wakes up” because Jack will be lost without her. All you haters…discover the benefits of a fiber rich diet! Where would we be without Y&R!

• Stevie says:

I am heartbroken to learn this….the show will not be the same without her. I really don’t know if I can continue to watch it without her.

BTW whatever her age she is a knock out. I am not as old as her but would love to look as good.

• fancy says:

That is such a stupid thing to say when Nick is not even real. Michelle has evidently found more intelligible parts in a different venue to work on with more pay, which, with her amazing talent she is definitely entitled to. Michelle Stafford is a true artist, actress, who can be an amazing actress in whatever endeavor she decides to follow. Nick is fake don’t you get it! I hope wants to HARM “ALL” people. Get rid of
            Sharon, not Phyllis.

• bellaitaliana says:

She’s only 47, Nicki and Victor are close to 70, if not over….that’s a big age differnce……the show will be boring without Phyllis!!! All the other story lines are boring….she makes the show!

• wow what a hater…… she is the best actress on the show…… she didnt get wrote of she made the decision to leave. she is beautiful and ya know she really dont care what people think of her cause she is better than that and the more haters means that she is obviously doing somthing right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cindy Allaer says:

What a stupid comment. Phylis/Michelle is a beautiful women and age is irrelevant! There are tons of older men who pair up with young women? I applaud the show for recognising that women are beautiful physically, intellectually and spiritually in spite of age – no one has more spirit than the character Michelle protrays. Look at Mrs. Chancellor! People like you drive me crazy: limiting, small minded. Women are even more desirable when they age but you have to be smart enough to get that! I try not to react to such comments but this one is just so small minded I had to waste a minute of my life and respond!!

• Len Johns says:

You are a idiot to talk about age on a soap…Phyllis being paired with Nick was brilliant and I love them together…Get a life!!!

• petey says:

BS Nikki and Victor has a good 15 to 20 years on Michelle – You would know that if you had been watching from the beginning.

• Wendy says:

The writers decide who gets paired not the cast. She sure looks a lot better than Nikki.

• welob77 says:

The cast members do not decide who gets to pair up its the writers. And if she is Nikkis age she sure looks a lot better.

• kim cronin says:

OMG. ‘Nikki’ is nearly 60 and looks amazing! ‘Phyllis’ is under 50- is genetically gifted to be sure but also looks so beautiful. In my opinion, any of us ‘regular folks’ would be lucky to look as great as these actresses do but those good looks come from sacrifice – diet, exercise and plenty of hard work. I’m the same age as ‘Nikki’ and I marvel at her great looks every afternoon.

• Shannon Gyles says:

Victor is 70,Nikki, close to 60.I believe Phyliss is not even 50.She was best matched with Jack.But am glad she is leaving never liked her character much…

• fancy says:

I love Phyllis aka Red. Why did she darken her hair by the way? Is Michelle Stafford leaving because of a money issue or is she just ready to do bigger and better things. The show won’t be the same without her. I love the trouble making and the loving Phyllis. I will miss her. Pay her the money. She is worth it. She is a great actress.

• BarbinColorado says:

I love Phyllis but I never got used to the dark hair. I loved her hair before. I think that dark color makes her look older but she never went back so she must like it and that’s what counts. Like all of you I wish they would pay her enough to stay. It’s always about money. Maybe she just chose to leave instead of fight for more money. I will really miss her. I don’t have much of a reason to keep watching but I am hoping they will hire real men like Ronan soon for the older women. Ronan and Phyllis were great together and they made a huge mistake letting Ronan go and bringing back the every boring obnoxious Christine character. She adds nothing to the show.

• fancy says:

I agree! Christine brings nothing to the show but, whining. I do like the red hair on Phyllis and I agree the dark color makes her look older. May be she is going to play in a movie where it requires Michelle Stafford to have the darker hair. I don’t know I guess we will see.

• Patricia says:

I agree about Christine. That just brought back because she is the boss’s daughter in real life. As Phyllis, stop with the age remarks. It is getting quite annoying. I hope they leave a story line so she can come back, but not as another actress. Those never work. I cannot stand the new “Abby”. If it wasn’t for them firing Marcy Rylan, she would not have been encourage to go to General Hospital. These people have been screwing with the actresses and former actresses’ salaries on Y&R for a whole year, and I wish they would stop it. They do not know what we want.

• sherrie says:

i dont know if theyre making her go i thinkm its by choice and i hate it because she is so good at what she does. i love that woman

• Skitt says:

No one is forcing MS to leave the show. She has said “it’s just time” to go. She wants to move on to other things and I suspect she will be awesome in whatever she chooses to do. I wish her the best and I’m positive we’l see more of her.

• shoozeyqueen says:

I don’t believe MS is being forced to leave the show, either . Isn’t her contract up or something? I’m sure she’s leaving of her own free will, for whatever reason. She left once before. Maybe she’ll see the grass isn’t greener over on the other side where that may be. Or, maybe she’s just taking a break from work. I’m sure she can afford it. She has a small daughter at home and maybe she just wants to be a stay at home mom for awhile. JMHO.

• Jamie says:

I have to say to Sue Hall, that no matter how upset you are the initials of “OMFG” is EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL, AND MORE IRRITATING THAN MICHELLE LEAVING. You are not supposed to “curse,” here but you did—and that you put it in initials vs. the words makes no difference. For anyone raised with not to say even Gods’ name in vain you take it to a level it doesn’t need to be and it shows that you really have to THINK before you post, because that you opened with that made me not care about anything else you had to say—to put the F word before God is really not o.k., no matter what anyone else says or thinks. This is what I say and think and it has just as much, if not more weight coming from a religious background it is more than offensive.

THINK before you post, and watch your language. Even The Young and the Restless would not stand behind that kind of language since there is a Judeo-Christian element to it–one of the few who will mention “God.”

Think about it and get over that you can now post and think you’re something special by doing so at the end of every article these days, when what we think doesn’t matter at all to those it is being written about. I hope they pull your post You are supposed to read and reflect on what is being said–think about it and digest it. When everyone has a visceral reaction and puts whatever they want out into the universe it turns into a lot of nothing but noise. I came here only to see if they mentioned why she was leaving and your opener was even listed on the google page…

• Penny says:

As kids growing up, we would say anything that entered our heads. The consequences were strict, so eating crow and apologizing a lot was a real learning curve for us. My mother told us to ‘never say anything you would not want to see in print and never write anything you can not take back.’ Turns out she was right. Today more than ever, the opportunity to be criticized is easier than ever, after all, we do not see our audience, so we push the enter button and forget about the diversified group of people who will be reading our remarks. It is just sad that Michelle is leaving.

• patricia says:

Seriously….get out much? I was not at all offended by Omfg….and I would never spend 20 minutes of my life berating someone for using it. Lighten up…..its just a phrase.

• Rachel says:

I total agree with you. I suppose she never goes anywhere! The things they do on soaps and she is commenting on OMFG? Just too funny!

• kim cronin says:

I agree! when people put those initials, we all know what it means. I hate seeing that. It’s disrespectful. Surely you know other words to express your feelings.

• wildcherokeerose says:

By your using the initials, you just swore on this site by your own standards. Granted she could have done w/o being so melodramatic and all you did was point more attention to it. Thank you for being the righteous moral police of a PUBlC website of which I’m sure if the owners has a problem w/ her use of initials THEY would have deleted it. Stick to Y&R topics and let peace and harmony in your life, moral policing others definitely isn’t healthy!

• fancy says:

I totally agree about your post more especially om-G totally disrespectful and obscene. This is terrible and no curse words of any kind should be allowed and neither should any one posting make fun of someone else’s spelling, education, or lack there of. The posting is about your favorite soap. You don’t have to be a high school or college graduate to enjoy the soaps. People keep your comments about the soap not about making fun of each other or using inappropriate curse language and the use of The Lord’s name in vain.

• Really?? Wow.. I know when I post OMFG is is in my head Oh My Freaking Goodness… so.. where was YOUR mind? Wow some folks need to find a life..

Now onto the subject at hand.. I am going to miss Michelle.. I loved her character and she played it amazingly well.. No one can ever take her place.

• Debb says:

have you ever heard of Oh My Freaking …. not the curse word beginning with F! Oh My! Some people just love to be the blog police! Get a life! No disrespect intended…….

• Jamie, SERIOSLY says:

Jamie, honestly. ….OMFG is not cursing. Let me put it this way. ..Oh My Freakin God!! Grow the F up. This is a SOAP we’re talking about, not your real life judgments. Or maybe these characters ARE your life. Who gives a flying F??

• donna Renner says:

I have been watching Young and the Restless since 1974.I am no longer shocked when
        one of the main characters leave the show. I love michelle she is a great actress and where
        ever she goes she will be great.I knew when she and Nick were put together tht it would
        come back around to Nick and Sharon because they are a story to themselves. I think the
        show will be going to miss a great character in their book of books.
        comment by Donna Renner Flintstone,Ga

• Michelle says:

Hate to see Michelle Stafford go. She is the absolute best!!!

• Teresa says:

I agree. I’m sadden to hear the news. I just hope she’s in contract negotiations and will continue her role.

• I was hoping Michelle would change her mind, she is without a doubt a core reason to watch the show and especially now, with Summer’s praternity coming to light after 18 years. But I wish her well, I hope she succeeds in anything she wants to do. Wonder if they are going to recast … don’t know how.

• JuJuBe says:

I really hope they don’t try to replace her either. No one has the “evil personality” that Phyllis’ character needs. I don’t like any of the new replacements!

• Tracy says:

I am with you, she is the best. No one can replace her, NO ONE.

• DMO says:

Never liked her or her character. Hope she doesnt go to General Hospital. That is my new favorite show. Y & R has gotten boring and Phyllis and all her egotistical issues have become so predictable. Still watch, but fast forward alot. Maybe she will go to Lifetime, hopefully!

• Rachel says:

She is amazing, everyone has their own opinion, but I think she is a power house that went too long without strong story lines.This show is tanking. I have watched sine I was 13, but I have to say this was always my show, but living in Europe Days is my new show.

t

• josh says:

She carried the show for 20 years, this is absurd.

• JB says:

What is happening to this soap?? There are way too many changes and Y&R is not the outstanding soap is used to always be. I’m so disappointed and so is Mr. Bell, I’m sure. You will lose even more fans than you are already have. There is no character on TV with the skills that Phyllis has.

• Katrin, you asked to be caught up with Y&R ?..Sharon is becoming more and more delusional. She wants Nick back and be a happy family again. All this stuff is going on in her head. She sees this sunny future with Nick, Noah and Faith. The twist in all this is that Summer is actually Nick’s daughter an not Jack’s. Sharon had been aware that Nick wanted to be absolutely certain that Summer was indeed his daughter. So, she somehow managed to switch the DNA test at the lab to make it look like that Jack was Summer’s father. In her ill mind, Sharon thought that if Summer was out of Nick’s life as his daughter, then everyone’s life would be so much simpler. But, Phyllis found Sharon by Cassie’s grave where she confessed everything to Cassie. Phyllis heard this and confronted Sharon. Watch the rest…gets better. Bye.

• Cindy Allaer says:

Totally agree the show used to be well written, sets were well done actors had thoughtful roles that accented their strengths etc. Now the writing is pretty shallow, actors are out of character and it is not believable or becoming. It is actually somewhat laughable how the scenes are all similar – like everyone is having sex in their various sets or when the church scenes happened everyone was there – marriage, funeral, baptism. Its like they didnt want to pay for a new set! I have watched this show for 30 years and think if they don’t pay attention to fans they are going to be in trouble. On a side note Michelle is an amazing actress and my God the show will suffer without her!!! Wish her well though!!!!

• Truth says:

Michelle Stafford is a member of Scientology cult. She is so dumb and brainwashed by the cult, I am so glad she is no longer part of this show.
        Her exit had to do with the fact Michael Fairman who played Patrick Murphy on the show, also a scientologist but left he cult in 2011. Since Michael’s departure, Michelle was told by her cult leader that Michael is a “Suppressive Person” and that Michelle can no longer be working in the same environment with Mr. Fairman.
        How sick is this? Michelle, who is a robot, bought into all the Black PR her cult gave her against Mr. Fairman and removed herself from the show.
        Well, I wonder who would ever hire Michelle. Her acting sucks anyways.

• Deanna says:

I agree I have been in shock and don’t know who thought this up but what the heck! Maybe she will come back they can have Sharon wake up from a dream!!!

• Hazel Nunez says:

The show will not be the same without Phyllis. The big mistake, would be to eliminate her character completely, so please replace her with another actress. I for one will miss you Phyllis! ..

• Just a simple omg wd do it for all of us. Such language. Not nice!!!

• Mary Paradiso says:

DO NOT KLL OF PHYLIS!!! This is terrible! She makes the show! Renegotiate her contract ASAP. This is a big mistake and after loosing Catherine it is the worst thing Y&R writers can do! I’m upset and you need to change this and do what you can to keep her!!!!

• deborah lee says:

please pay her to stay!!!!! if it was not for Victor, Adam, Phyllis and Michael, there is no show!!!! she will surely be missed. Give her more money. your ratings are going down. Take Neil out and that crew!!!! their storyline is boring. Unless Hilary is actually Neil’s daughter!!!!! (lol) that would be funny!!!! The Young and the Restless ratings are going down with Mrs. C and Phyllis gone, downhill with the women!!

• Beth Gallagher says:

Unbelievable! Phyllis thats my girl, no way you should get rid of her. I watched Y&R since the day it started, all good things must come to an end. So if Phyllis does leave, she won’t be the only one – I won’t be watching your show again! Goodbye Y&R! p.s. why don’t you get rid of the writer’s who are destroying the show & making you lose your fans.

• Daisey M. Deyo says:

THANKS!!!! you are right Michelle is one of the best ACTRESS on The YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Why not eliminate another Actress/Actor? I am also angry about this!!!

• Carol Savage says:

Michelle is the Best Actress on Y&R how can you let her leave? I enjoy when she is on, she will be sadly missed along with Jeanne. :( You can never find anyone to replace her (she is great). Bring her back soon please, please!!!!

• Jay Moxham says:

i truly agree, I record this show every day! I so agree that she is the best! Why not Sharon, Lauren but Phillis! What would jeanne have to say about this!

• Leslie says:

I agree

• Tammi says:

I want DRU back, please get rid of Phyllis as soon as possible.

• Robert says:

Phyllis is boring and always get off for her bad deeds, Put Sharon with Nick.

• Carol says:

Seriously, Sharon (Sharon Case) is a nut job and not a very good actress. She was terrible playing the part of a powerful executive. The only part she can play well is that of a “tramp personified”. She killed someone and got away with it. Sharon should be GONE. Michelle Stafford is one of the best actors on that show. I have watched it since day one, and lately I find my self fast forwarding through most of the program. Too many new people, sick story line with Neal’s GF and her dad in prison and then getting released and dying. Horrible story line with Lily and Tyler! If the writers don’t turn this soap around soon, this long time viewer will be done! Chelsea is one of the best new actresses and should be with Adam. Adam is turning into a young Victor and plays his part superbly! Love him and Chelsea together. Dillon is too good of a guy to get what the writers are dishing to him right now. Victoria….she really needs to get a backbone and either love Billy or leave him! Billy is flawed but such a good actor he should be paired with someone equally as good. As a long time viewer I have just about had enough of Y&R and the writers that are ruining this show. Someone on that show should be happy!

• Joanie Joy says:

I agree. I want Sharon back with Nick.

• So do I. However, I do have misgivings. Nick cheated on Sharon first, with her best friend. Then, for spite or hurt, Sharon cheated on Nick…and so on and so forth. Having said that, I think they should get back together. Will they cheat on each other again? The writers constantly keep their storyline along this vein. Question is, how does a man remarry or sleep with a woman who has had sex with his own father? That is so gross…but , it’s a soap and everyone sleeps with each other without discrimination or afterthought! I vehemently object to the pairing of Avery and Nick, that’s for sure….Also, I am still not quite sure about this reversal of Jack turning out to be Summer’s father. What’s up???? I guess we’ll find out eventually.

• katrin says:

what dou think about Cassie come back Sharon needs nick get victor out of the way soon:;

• Leslie says:

Sharon is too unstable and immoral. She needs to right the wrong she did to Nick, Summer and Jack.

• shoozeyqueen says:

I would love to see Drucilla come back. And as for the pairing of Nick and Phyllis – – – bad, bad decision. That pairing made absolutely no sense and I’m happy as heck that relationship has finally gone down the tubes. I love Drucilla much more than Phyllis and let me tell you, Drucilla was one fine adversary against Phyllis. I don’t think that show realizes the impact that could be made if Drucilla were to come back, and I mean the original one, Victoria Rowell. Nobody could play Drucilla like she can. That’s my wish list.

• Judy says:

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooo…..Sharon’s character is the one that should be leaving the show, NOT the character of Phyllis, who is the reason most watch the show. This is terrible news! I love this character from the way she dresses to how she handles herself and all situations. I hope Michelle reconsiders and come back to us soon..Until then, I wish her the best in her future endeavors.

• Donna Westcoast says:

I honestly feel the same as you do.

• BarbinColorado says:

They ruined the character of Sharon. What woman would follow a man around that hid her baby from her and told her the baby was dead. She marries him and is still broken-hearted over losing Adam. I would love to have Dru back but a different actress. I loved the original Dru but Y & R has said they’d have to have the cast vote if she could come back, so I wouldn’t want all the friction on the set. But nobody could play Dru like the original actress.

• Michelle says:

Do not like Sharon. Wish she was leaving instead of Phyllis.

• fancy says:

Yes if it will get rid of Leslie. Bring a different actress in to play Dru.

• katrin says:

get reaid of victor
            and leaseal. Dont talk babadout machile age that no promble.she a good person.and darne goog actress sharon.is too.one thing is danly need to back to genldhospital to be with SAM canny quite taking about machine miss u much.kat

• Tammy A says:

Wow, wish I understand that…

• katrin says:

Jason on gen hospital needs to leave young. restless.get some easlys to play bulyn.cheese need stay away from adam.he acting. Victor.if get reade of enly do something with victor pleace.

• Dru will not be back and why would you want that bitch back who stabbed Jeanne Cooper in the back and sent out tweets that she died two days before her actual death . Victoria Rowell left on a sour note .. and then tweeted this rumor . SMH .

• bev radu says:

So what if phillis is older than nick.Omg we r in the 21 century, men date younger women all the time.wth….Phillis is awesome i love her.

• I certainly agree with you, however Y&R has made a huge miscalculation. Summer is now 18, Cassie died at 14, supposedly before Summer was born. This means that Cassie would be at least 32 years old. Presumably, Sharon gave birth to Cassie at 16…that would mean that Sharon is 48 years old…I don’t think so…c’mon, now, Y&R….THINK…we are not stupid. FS

• katrin says:

What tthis age stuft.I won’t wast my writing about some age.

• Michelle says:

You’re the bitch that wasn’t nice to say about a person you don’t even know. Watch your mouth

• BarbinColorado says:

OMG! Who the heck would do such a mean thing. I know she left on a really sour note. I never heard a show say the cast would have to vote to bring someone back. That sounded pretty final to me but what a mean hurtful thing to do to the Cooper family.

• Tammy A says:

Do you know how many times celebrity deaths get reported before it happens? Everyone acts like Victoria R did it on purpose, and the plain simple fact of the matter is, none of you know! So here you all are calling her hateful without knowing ANY of the circumstances. I bet all of you would be calling her hateful and names if she hadn’t responded at all.

• Banjo says:

Dru? who the heeeel is Dru, she is long forgotton, Phylis will be missed.

• Bobwww says:

Dru the racist will never be back! After she babbled her racists statements and beliefs about the Y&R cast and management team, plus made up phony lies about MICHELLE STAFFORD, Sony DUMPED HER IMMEDIATELY and sent out orders that she will NEVER RETURN.

• Molott01 says:

Trouble maker??!! That spit spewing Michelle Stafford was the trouble maker!! Get your facts straight, ’cause you’re about to be knee deep in it!!

• Molott01 says:

If Victoria Rowell is coming back to Y&R, it is because Victoria Rowell does not want to come back to Y&R. The entire cast on the set saw Stafford spit on her. That was not “made up”!

• MarieG says:

No one at Y&R wants Rowell back. She was nothing but a troublemaker in story and out. Her racist views of the cast and crew got her booted, Sony don’t want her back–EVER.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

No user name changes, Bob — thanks.

• Molott01 says:

Again, nope you’re wrong! And as for Victoria’s talents, she won a daytime Emmy for her role as Druscilla. If anyone lost here, it was Sony, not Victoria.

• fancy says:

Dru is DEAD and AINT NEVER coming back. Keep Phyllis. Best Actress on show. We love to hate her, because she does a great job acting folks…

• shoozeyqueen says:

Nobody knows if Dru is dead or not. They never found her body. She went off the cliff. That door was left wide open. I would like to see SONY and VR put their differences aside and come to some kind of common ground to resurrect the character of Drucilla. I’m not holding my breath, though.

They did the same thing with Malcolm’s character. They thought he was dead. He came back for awhile, and then left again to do Criminal Minds and that show is as popular as ever.

Look at all the ghosts they have had on Y&R. On this show, if somebody dies, it isn’t permanently. Y&R made a huge mistake by getting rid of Jerry Douglas, aka John Abbott. Jack needs him around to keep him on the straight and narrow. Y&R has made a lot of mistakes and many of them were made when MAB was at the helm.

I have a whole laundry list of what she did to destroy this show. I’m praying this new regime of writers stays with the history of the show. MAB did not care one iota what the history of the show was. Let’s keep it on track and not go off the rails again. Otherwise, Y&R is going to be history.

• Molott01 says:

Yes, bring back Vicotria Rowell. That will really get this soap going!!

• f.leonard says:

absolutely, it is time for her to come back for the dead. I miss her and need a real storyline. Neil will never be the same until she returns

• Chad G. says:

I will be done with Y&R the day MIchelle is no longer a member of the cast. She is the sole reason I watch the show. I adored Mrs. C. and now this after losing her is just too much. The show can go to hell for all I care now.

• There is no need to be so rude with your comment that the “show can go to hell”. Michelle has made this decision of her own free will. Yes loosing Jeanne Cooper is a huge hole in the storyline. But the show is fully capable of carrying on, and if it doesn’t it has had a Fabulous run.

• fancy says:

I pretty much feel the same way. All the talent will be gone. Except for Victor, Michael, Jack

• BarbinColorado says:

Honestly I am so tired of Jack and Victor and their fighting and Nikki I mean they are like watching a rerun. Jack can’t hold onto a woman or a business and Victor is just a big old bag of wind that I am totally tired of. I think Phyllis and Jeannie kept the show going at times. I do not like Avery, Adam, that stupid Kevin and Chloe storyline. Why make them thieves? And what do they do go and tell the kid look what we stole for you so she steals too? Come on give me a break. I like the Chelsea storyline with the baby but I am hoping she will be surprised when Adam pushes for a DNA test and they baby Daddy is not him. Jack and Phyllis back together again Friday. Are they going to kill her off? I don’t want to see another actress playing her so hopefully she will be killed off. Now Cassie is coming back? What’s that all about?

• I like what you say, BarbinColorado…it really would be a big shock for Chelsea if Adam did not turn out to be the baby’s father. However, if I remember correctly, Chelsea was already pregnant when she slept with Dillon. As far as not liking some of the story lines, yup, you are right on…mostly, I just don’t like Avery…I just can’t seem to get into her. She certainly is no Phyllis..no spirit, no spunk…just a sappy, wishy-washy personality who drives me up the wall with her stupid recipes…c’mon now…”Nick, try this, try that!”…..I burned my bra a long time ago!

• Cassie is not coming back, at least, I don’t think so. What we saw was a figment of Sharon’s imagination. I am not quite sure if Sharon is mentally healthy. She has been showing signs of being out there…. if you know what I mean. This has been my soap forever and my disappointment with the casting crew and writers grows and grows….

• Molott01 says:

Guess you’re done. See ya!

• cassandra says:

I will miss her!

• Tammy A says:

Good, I am glad to see this character gone! She has done nothing but caused trouble, and got away with it. Yes, I realize soaps are a fantasy life, but for a character that is filled with nothing but ill will and constantly getting away with it? I just hope her storyline with her going, has her getting her bad karma that she so richly deserves.

• Linda says:

I really HATE that she is leaving. She is one of my favorites. Does anyone know if she is leaving by choice? As far as age on the show is concerned, Michelle Stafford and Joshua Morrow started the same year on Y&R. He was supposed to be 16 and she was supposed to be early 20s. That is not such a huge age gap.

• cheryl m says:

I am so going to miss Michelle Stafford. She is by far the best actress on the show. I’ve always looked forward to watching her scenes. YR won’t be the same. She makes the show. Good Luck with your future endeavors Michelle Stafford.

• chuck kelley says:

It really sucks Y&R is losing Michelle Stafford. Phyllis is one of the most interesting character and one of my favorites. Now the Jeanne Cooper and Michelle are gone, I do hope Jess Walton will come back full time

• If there is anything that I can say about Phyllis leaving is that my heart will grieve. Michelle has played her for many years and it would be a tragedy if she left. My heart is already sad about Katherine, Tucker and Ashley not being there. Please reconsider Michelle. You are a real gem and I really admire you.

• Penny says:

Perhaps Michelle Stafford made the best judgement call. We love her as Phyllis the gal who we love to hate and love again. Her character may just have run it’s coarse and she’s smart enough to see that, so what’s left for her are crummy scenes that don’t let her act to her potential; she is so talented, she could write her own ending. I will miss her very much for the entertainment she brought to me everyday as Phyllis.

• KRees says:

You are absolutely correct. She has played an amazing role in the Y&R. I wish they kept her with Nick because they made an awesome team. She is one of the main characters. Her role lately has been pretty dull, except for her helping Jack deal with his drug addiction. I love Michelle for the way she brought Phyllis to life. Yes she got away with a lot, but that’s what daytime drama is all about. When you are one of the BEST actresses you can play the women from hell or play the nice person and everyone will love you for it. She’s beautiful with character and she brought that with her to the Y&R. I really wish that she would stay and maybe they would come up with a better storyline for her. I just can’t see her leaving. She’s one person that makes the show interesting. For those of you who don’t agree, then you don’t know what soaps is all about…… (DRAMA).
          I even like the Adam character.

• BarbinColorado says:

I wish I could say I like the Adam character. I try and get angry because I just cannot get there. Phyllis is wonderful but character who does the things that Adam has done right down to stealing Sharon’s baby and telling her it died it is just time for him to be gone. But I admire you for getting what soaps are about and hope I can keep working on liking Adam. I do laugh at some of his comments which are well written and delivered but I sure don’t want him with my daughter. Great post.

• I am broken hearted!!! She is the spice that makes it work. She is fire and ice. She mercurial, pepper and sugar all in one red haired package. Thigs will never, ever be the same for me.

• JennSills says:

I agree! I AM SOOOO GOING TO MISS MICHELLLE STAFFORD ON Y&R!!! She has ALWAYS spiced things up and her crazy relationship with Nick has kept us on the edge of our seat! They have such great chemistry together more so than any other character on Y&R!!! Love, love, love her!!! I really hope she didn’t have to go but I understand she has to do what is best for her!!!

• Barbara Freeman says:

Yes, she is the spice of the show. She made Nick a better man and Adam makes Sharon a better woman. I hope she is leaving of her own free will. I love Billy Williams, but Heinle’s character of Victoria is awful for him and I hope he leaves her real soon. She is Victor all over again and that’s too bad.

• diana baker says:

I agree . Billy is too good for her. She is always nasty with him always mad at him always bossing him around and he is so cute and good to her and takes her crap. He needs a better partner. Someone who appreciates him and doesn’t drive him to gamble

• BARBARA A. DURAN says:

I hate that Phyllis is leaving..She brings excitement to the show..one never knows just what’s in her mind..I want her to stay on..PLEASE!!!

• Anita Christison says:

So disappointed that Phyllis will no longer be on Y & R. It will definitely not be the same

• Vanessa Farr says:

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

• debbie saylor says:

I hope the rumors that Michelle Stafford (Phyllis on Y&R) leaving is not true. She is a great actress and is one of many that really makes the show. Please say it’s not true. There is no one that could ever replace her.

• Skitt says:

Sorry… not a rumor! she has spoken openly about it. She wants to explore options given the bleak future of soaps, among other things. No worries, we will see her again in other thngs!

• Marianne says:

Wow, I am so shocked and saddened!!! I loved watching Phyllis over the years! I am such a fan of the show and have watched it for 20+ years. Phyllis is an extraordinary actress, but you are right, I never saw the chemistry between her and Nick. Anyway, I will miss Phyllis!!

• I Marilynn Monnier am very saddened to hear of Michelle Stafford leaving the show YandR. She is a wonderful actress and will be very missed. A huge void! Her beauty lights up the screen. I would like to be a diva like her. Best wishes Michelle go get em!!!!!!! Please don’t replace her with another actress. That would not be a credit to her. She is irreplaceable. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jeanne England Attayi says:

No way! Ses the reason I have kept watching these past few years. I have always watched Y&R since day one. The show will not survive without her. She is sexy, witty and so much fun. Please think twice Michelle! I love you!

• jo says:

Those legs will be missed, she is so beautiful and sexy and she makes the show fun to watch,she will be missed not sure the show will be the same and what about Jack what will become of him

• me me me says:

Please stay!!! Y&R needs you!

• Natalie says:

I don’t think anyone will be able to play the role of Phyllis the way she can

• Robyn McPherson says:

Y & R will not be the same without Phyllis. You loved to hate her!! Poor Jack, he can’t catch a break. Just when things were going good for him.

• joyce says:

Don’t take michelle Stafford off please and quit breaking up so many marriages.

• katrin says:

U sure right I hate that they make Sharon look crazy if enly needs to be crazy do it to Victor.

• Dottie says:

Where ever Michelle goes hopefully to another soap, Will start watching that one. If Y&R lets Michelle go hope their ratings down to nothing. Will be your loss Y & R

• Brenda Abernathy says:

Phyllis is irreplaceable, the chemistry between her & Nick x-rated that ‘s why they were put together. She also could be funny & goopy! It won’t b the same without her, I’ll still watch.

• Losing Phyllis is like the ingredient that makes your favorite dish what it is. One day you can’t find it anymore in the supermarket and discover it is no longer available. Your favorite dish is not the same. Still good, maybe, but it’s lost something, and you know you can never replace it.

• DIANE Kelley says:

I don’t mean to hold y&r hostage but I will not tune in after michelle stafford leaves. I hope all her fans will join me.

• Gail Nugent says:

The Young & Restless will never be the same without Phyllis. Michelle Stafford is an excellent actress and I hope we see her in the movies. She is a very versatile actress with lots of ability to play different roles. I hope they put Sharon in a mental institution permanently maybe off the show completely.

• fancy says:

I like your comment and totally agree. Sharon has no where to go from here. I hope she leaves Y&R.

• Patsy Robbins says:

Love Phyllis! Hate to see her leave. Wont be the same without her. Sharon is the one who needs to go and that brat Faith Hated to see adorable Delia leave.

• sharon says:

if Phyllis goes off the show then I am done watching. they have done so many things to Sharon that you cant come back from. she should go off the show

• Morley says:

This is nuts if she leaves I am not watching it

• Denise d says:

Guess I too will stop watching. Get rid of the Sharon character !!!!

• Sherry says:

NO NO NO

• deedee says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

• joyce bender says:

PLEASE ,PLEASE BRING HER BACK IN THE NEAR FUTURE,NOT THE SAME

• Deb says:

I agree! I don’t see how Michelle Stafford could be replaced!! She played her role perfect …As for the age thing between Nick and Phyllis …sounds like someone is jealous! She looks awesome!!! And I really liked her with NICK.
      As for the show now…. Sharon need to be called out for her dirty deed and Adam need to find out about his baby just to get it going again..

• Ruth Lewis says:

I agree that Michelle Stafford is one of the best actresses on this show. I’m very disappointed she is leaving!

• kat says:

The show not going to the same with Philly’s and Mrs c the show not right with out the two main actress I bont like the Sharon being treater

• mary says:

I think Michelle Stafford as Phyllis cannot be replaced; they will have to bring her back. She is one of a kind. Just as there can never be another Kaye Chancellor or Jill there can never be another Phyllis.

• Phyl says:

I am 49 years old and have watched the Y and R since day one. So I’m going to shoot straight to it, using that characters names. Please do not bring Christine back, I don’t care who she is related to in real life, she can not act. Phylis has all elements in her personality, yes she can be over the top but her character is one to watch. Kane and Lilly, I fast forward, I’m sick to death of the relationship, the acting etc., Nikki, well I don’t read the soap mags. and this is my first time on here so I don’t know about personal info regarding the actors but something has changed with her, Victor everything stays the same so predictable, Jill, Ester have no substance, ok, I could go on and the more I’m thinking about each character I now realize why I fast forward through so much over the past 6 months or so… My prediction is we are watching the last of Y and R.
      I will say that the story line where Sharon change the paternity test and the kids had to stop dating because they believe they are brother and sister, that story line is interesting however I liked them as a couple.

• rhonda kelly says:

michelle did you leave young and restless for good ? if not when do you come back?

1. Robin says:

Oh no! Phyliss is someone you love to hate! No one could do it like Michelle Stafford…so if they recast it will be very sucky…for lack of a better word…

• dude says:

Nah, Mellie on Scandal is someone I love to hate. I just plain hate Phyllis.

• Hate is such a strong word for someone you do not know…I am sure you are using it loosely. I love Phyllis…she adds a “Je ne sais quoi” to a soap whose characters’s spunk, spice and spirit are dwindling. She is the typical femme fatale with a heart. Yes, she started out as a really wicked girl/woman, but she has come a long way to redemption. If you must hate, then hate Nikki…the worst tramp of all. Let’s not forget that she slept with her son-in-law….I forgot which of Victoria’s husbands it was, but it happened. And, what about Avery?…the thought of sleeping with my brother-in-law, even an ex, makes me puke. That also applies to Sharon….I would rather throw myself from a cliff than sleep with my father-in-law…yuk….regardless, these people are playing a part and I am sure each one is a good, decent human being….I want Phyllis to stay and Avery to be ejected…do not like her.

• She has a huge effect on storylines in y&r. Who’s going to stop avery n nicks wedding who’s going to pull michael out of his jam. Who’s a better match for jack. Who’s going to stop summer from wreck her life when she find she not a newman. Bad move

• Hey, Nancy ….where did you go to school?

• fancy says:

That was a mean spirited comment.

• katrin says:

She my favorite actress u can’t find like Machile it won’t be the same I truly miss u god bless u

• If one is to post a comment, then one must make certain that one’s grammar is impeccable. Let us keep the US of A with the rest of the world in academics. I speak as an educator and an immigrant….if I can do it so can an American-born citizen. There is no malice here whatsoever…Capisci?…ciao….I love the United States

• BarbinColorado says:

Probably the same place you went to school for your manners Did you get what Nancy was saying. This isn’t an English session this is a place to just make a comment and share with others. That’s was a rude and mean comment you made and totally unnecessary.

• It was not my intention to be catty, offend or insult anyone albeit everyone should mind his/her grammar. I do not care if it is an English lesson or not. There is no excuse for bad grammar. I will not lower myself with this inane discussion. I have apologized if anyone’s ego got bruised and that’s that. Getting back to Y&R, Barb, you do not appreciate some of the despicable stunts Adam has pulled. I get it…sometimes I wanted to reach into the set and shake him to his senses. But, every story needs good and evil…..every character needs a foil. Without these colorful characters, the story would be insipid and without substance. The malignant, evil characters are the weeds to an otherwise beautiful and flawless landscape. Without them, the honest and law-abiding characters could not play their part of squashing the serpent’s head so that good could once again prevail. Do I make my point? I love to write…ergo my obsession with perfect grammar. I will not apologize for that. Ciao…relax, BarbinColorado…it must be beautiful there, so enjoy!!!!

• Molott01 says:

Probably the United States. Can you say the same? Stop picking on people who can’t slap your face!!

• Ohhhh, so much violence…relax…did I hit a nerve, perhaps?…..restrain yourself. You are both contradicting yourselves…we are all friends here, right? I apologize if I hurt anyone’s feelings. You are right. I must take myself away from the classroom. As hard as it is to do, I cannot take the teacher out of me, but I concede the fact that you are right. Sorry!

2. Winnie says:

Wow – I wasn’t expecting this, but wish her well. She really brought a lot of life and art to portraying the character of Phyllis, and man, do I enjoy Michelle Stafford’s attitude and contributions from a fan standpoint (as much as you can truly see/know as a fan). I’m open to recasts (everyone gets a chance, and like Michael Muhney as Adam, Billy Miller as Billy, Jess Walton as Jill, and Peter Bergman as Jack, recasts sometimes not only meet, but exceed the character development and expectations), but I remember previous Phyllis recasting, and well… no one can beat The Stafford as Phyllis. That being said, if this departure in any way helps pave the way for Victoria Rowell come back as Drucilla, I’m going to feel better.

I’m going to pretend to get a life now…

• didi says:

VR will never be asked back on Y&R after she retweeted a false report of Jeanne Cooper dying days before she actually did and took 3 days for her to remove it, even though hundreds of people tweeted her that it was false. I doubt they want anything to do with her. I used to want her back too, but she seems like a troublemaker. Sony doesn’t want a lawsuit from her I;m sure and all she does is trash the show. :/

• Jenna says:

That’s ridiculous. VR probably heard wrong and offered her sympathies. Why should someone be condemned for a simple mistake? Jeanne Cooper was gravely ill. Rowell was not malicious, just misinformed.

• Bobwww says:

VR is a racist and gave Y&R nothing but trouble. She dissed the show and spewed racists comments to the cast and top management until Sony ordered her FIRED. It’s all out there for the world to read, look it up. VR will never be allowed back, as it should be.

• Molott01 says:

If it is true that VR was disrespectful to both Kristoff St John and that TWIT Krytal Khalil, then how is she racist? Anyway, she is an OUTSTANDING actress and they would be lucky to have her back.

3. EJ says:

Good. She was awful. And perhaps this will pave the way for Victoria Rowell’s return as Dru? I gather there was very bad blood between those two.

• cmazzeo says:

VR is a trouble maker, ms was not the only one to have a problem with her… The actors/actresses who play jack, lily,Nikki all spoke against her saying she was starting trouble, & VR blamed Chrystal kalil (lily) for them not hiring her back, she bad mouthed all these people, Sony,CBS, the producers and writers and ambushed kristoff St. John while he was doing a phone interview… Nobody wants to work with her

4. didi says:

Nooooooooo! I love her.

5. Shawn says:

This is awful news…… : (

6. Susan Green says:

Very sad. She’s my favorite! Love her style.

7. Eric7740 says:

This is awful!!! If Michelle Stafford is done, I’m done with Y&R!!! She is the only reason I watch!!! If there’s no Phyllis or if Michelle isnt playing Phyllis, good riddance Y&R!!

• Donna says:

Exactly the way I feel! They can take their newbies from Hollywood Heights and shove it! If MS goes , so do I! Get rid of the newbies , not the vets if you want to keep Y&R on top. I am stunned!

• Susan says:

I too will be done with Y&R if Phyllis/Michelle leaves. She’s the reason Nick’s two dimensional acting almost works. She carries a lot of the others and keeps flat jargon from being boring.

Y&R, if I never saw Cricket again and the Bell family wallet was devoted instead to keeping Michelle on, that would be money wisely spent. You’re making a huge mistake to let Michelle go. Huge. HUGE. Given her whatever she wants or you lose a lot of faithful viewers. Don’t be dopes.

• Eric says:

Thank you! I hate that little bug “cricket”!!! I would squash that little bug if I could!!! Forever Phyllis!!!

• Barbara Freeman says:

I am definitely OUT on Y&R if Michelle goes and Cricket is back. She is a horrible actress and the show if so boring when she is on.

• BarbinColorado says:

Amen! I cannot stand Cricket I don’t care who she is. She cannot act and she is just mean and hateful in addition to boring She adds zip to this show. I am troubled by what I see happening to my favorite soap and all these young people. They used to do that in the summer for the kids I get that. But now we have everyone young and only the old boring characters left like Victor, Nikki and Jack who always end up just sleeping with each other again. They needed to keep these 40-50 year olds for the old established people. I guess they learn nothing at the Y & R.

• Phyl says:

agree! She never gets any better. Her facial expressions, her everything to be honest.

• Julie McLaughlin says:

Right on, Susan! You’ve totally got it.

• rebecca says:

I agree, she’s the only storyline I watch… always has been. The Nick & Phyllis affair is what got me started watching Y&R when I was in college.. love that they’ll let good people go and Steve Burton comes on playing Dylan “Jason Morgan”. GO AWAY JFP.

• deb morrell says:

The Nick and Phyliss is so old. I love Jason Morgan but want him with Avery. Newmans get everything. Adam and Chelsly were great. Stop making Adam the bad guy all the time put him back with Chelsy. Leave Nick to Sharon. You gotta love to hate Phyliss she brings a lot to the show. Same old making Adam bad, I loved him when they finally stopped it,s always Adams Fault. What’s up with Billy’s gambling, talk about old.
        Commented by Deb who watched the very first eposide of Y & R. BRING back Guilding Light and ATWTS.

8. Donna says:

Nooo! Well , I’m done. I’m sick of all the newbies taking over the show. MS is my fav , I guess more will follow till we won’t even recognize the show. I couldn’t care less about the new young cast which is what they are pushing down our throats. The majority of the audience want to see the vets . Guess they are trying to turn this into Hollywood Heights. Ain’t gonna work.

• Ann says:

I hate Phyllis but love to watch her… What I hate the most is the way they make kids on the show grow up so fast or they replace people and you wonder who they are… they are just not the same. I have watched the Y&R sense 89 and its starting to get boring .

• Gail Tonelli says:

Well, it is named, The YOUNG and The Restless. I’m not saying Phyllis is old. LOL Phyllis is sassy and fun. Yes, she has been very, very bad, but every soap needs one.

I, too, would like to see Adam and Chelsea get together. Yes, he was as bad or worse than Phyllis, but in our soap world that was ages ago!

Can’t we have one happy couple now that Michael and Lauren “may” be getting divorced? I imagine she will hook up with Carmine again for another fling or two, three or fou!! :)

• hoopee says:

”””’ I guess more will follow till we won’t even recognize the show. ”””

–Exactly what is it about the show that your recognize now? The sets? The stories? The horrible production? The plot jumps as wide as the grand canyon? Victor being cordial and no apparent schemes? There is NOTHING about this show that is recognizable as anything remotely related to it’s past glory days. Sure, the actors that play Victor, Nikky, Michael, Paul and a few others have been around a while, but that’s the extent of it. The Newman ranch looks like a fancy hotel bathroom. Suddenly the largest set on the show belongs to the dumbest man on earth that was protecting our country?

I don’t mean for that to sound like an attack on your post or you, but just pointing out….there is NOTHING about Y&R that is recognizable anymore. It has nothing to do with the actors. They would be an element of continuity should there be some form of it in other areas.

This show is less entertaining than Jerry Springer anymore. Cops making out in the GCPD. Avery, who hates Adam, is BFF’s in less than 2 minutes of screen time and spilling her life story, then chasing him at the hospital to be there as a ‘friend.’

This show has no depth. No intrigue. Predictable almost to the day as to when something will happen from a month in advance. It’s absurd.

I can’t see any of them with any integrity of thinking their job is an art form continuing with the show. Joshua Morrow is not the best actor in the world, but he’s a great looking guy and seems to have a good attitude. I understand his providing for his family. But as a creative type, don’t you think he’s going to work with the same zeal as a High School Janitor? Mopping up the same crap, just a different day and different color. Most actors don’t go into it just for a ‘job.’ Whether it’s wanting to express talent and art or a way to fame and celebrity, Y&R isn’t providing anything other than a meager salary to any of these actors.

CBS just bought the TV Guide Network. Within the year, I’d be willing to bet that Y&R and B&B will be moved to a daily slot on the TVGN above the scrolling schedule of what else you can watch.

• BarbinColorado says:

Very well said. I agree about Josh Morrow for sure. He is not a great actor and neither is Avery. Phyllis made Nick interesting. She carried the load. Sharon and him had their moments but mostly she is not a great actor except for that “in heat” pose she gets when a man is getting close to her. I agree with everything you said there is nothing to recognize about this show. Out of the blue Cane and Mrs. C are such good friends she gives him the lead at Chancellor and wants only him at the hospital Not even her sweetie pie husband. Big mistake they didn’t use them when they had them. Cricket is a bore and a bust. Adam is just always scheming and while the show needs schemers they don’t need Adam. He should have been killed off a long time ago because Adam can’t seem to do anything that isn’t mean. He is scheming right now. Why have Phyllis be with Jack not when they know she is leaving unless they might be killing her off. Then Jack would look like the dummy who can’t keep a woman more than a week. I would type the list but it would be too long. I don’t know what they plan to do here. I don’t like the Fen character or the actor that plays him. He looks nothing like Michael and Loren did they give them the wrong baby at the hospital. Now there is a storyline for you. And Phyllis is leaving and now maybe Nick is not Summer’s Dad but Jack is and Phyllis wants Jack to push her now but she’s leaving? Where does that leave Summer? I smell a recast based on Summer’s DNA and Phyllis now loves Jack. I can’t stand to watch that rerun again hated it the first time around Oh well I bet Y & R won’t even make the TV guide list. I think they will be long gone by then forever. I have watched faithfully since it started in 1973. Now it’s just a big old mess.

9. DavidSask says:

This is NOT a good thing for the show, and they best not recast!!!

10. JAmandaFan says:

NOOOOO! Phyllis is one the best female characters on soaps! She is so complex and interesting ad Michelle Stafford owns this role…I know that soaps have successfully recast other great characters played by other great actresses (such as all those Carlys on GH), but I don’t think anyone else could be Phyllis to me! Good luck to Michelle–I can’t wait to see her play other characters. Good luck to Y&R–this plus the loss of Katherine Chancellor–the show is going to have to work hard to survive.

11. Leah says:

Oh no! I’ve watched Y&R for years and Phyllis was always my favorite. I’ve watched on and off since I was little and started watching with my grandma. I still watch it every now and then when I’m home. Best wishes to Michelle!

12. Maynard Baker says:

Nobody can wear clothes or an attitude like Michelle. Sorry she’s gone,but can’t wait to see what she’s doing next.

13. big cheddar says:

I really hope I this is a contract renewal bluff. As much as I dislike Phyllis, this is her role and I can’t imagine anyone else in this role. That and I really don’t want them to hire anymore hollywood heights people!!

14. Elizabeth says:

I absolutely hated Phyllis when she was first introduced (for years)…but now it’s hard to imagine Y&R as it currently is without her. However, other people have been successfully recast in the past, so maybe it will happen here. I wish her well.

15. Jj says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

16. Sherrie says:

She has always been one of my favorites on Y & R . I can’t imagine anyone being able to replace her. I hope she changes her mind or if it’s a contract renewal problem, the executives do their best to keep her.
    Love u Phyllis / michelle

17. TVPeong says:

No… not Phyllis. What’s going to happen to Jack? He was just beginning to recover with Phyllis’s help

18. wendi berns says:

Y&R is horrible under the new regime, too many new people from some dreadful show, Hollywood Heights. All of the Y&R vets are being backburnered. Michelle was in for so many yrs, but lately was not seen much. I would think she was unhappy with Jill Phelps, and has decided to leave. This is sad. Ms.Phelps pushed vets out on GH, and is doing it again. I always enjoyed Michelles work from day one. Loved her yrs ago with Danny. The show will be destroyed. We hardly see Victor&Nikki anymore either!

• janette says:

I totally agree, why confuse viewers with a lot of different characters after we have grown to love our actress. If not by death or misconduct leave them. Our losing Katherine now and dropping favorite actors will destroyed the show and it rating. MS have always been a great actress from all the way back in the 90’s with Danny She really is good at what she do and believe thou me she give this show stamina. Phyllis is one of the best actress on The Young and the Restless at present. Please let her stay.

• Meg says:

Don’t get mad at the writers! It was not their choice! And this is a s how that has aired for 40 yrs! You can’t possibly expect to juts see the same ppl over and over again! New blood is what helps keep the storylines constantly evolving anf changing which keeps viewers watching.

• Sharon says:

Totally disagree. The writers have to keep our fav actors such as Phyllis , Jack, Victor, etc in major storylines or viewers will leave. They don’t want a long string on newbies running around every day! With the passing of Mrs. C and the loss of MS the show has been dealt a double blow and will be hard to recover from! JFP would be a better loss!!!

19. KB says:

Please don’t let Michelle leave Y & R!! Phyllis is a fantastic leading character, she stands up for what she believes no matter what it costs her. Please if you have to take someone take that sippering whining Sharon who can’t think for herself and she is the wimpiest whining character. She needs to get a back bone. Michelle as Phyllis is fun, energetic and brings out the best in her character. Y & R would not be the same without her.

20. Tina B. says:

NOOOOOOOO! OMG! Phyllis and MS is the reason I watch Y&R. I don’t know if I could take a recast but I don’t know if I can handle Y&R without Phyllis.

21. Barb D says:

Mistake! Is CBS at it again getting rid of best actors, focus on new and boring, and take fall in ratings for another game or talk show. Done with Y+R.

22. S Cail says:

DON’T LEAVE!!!!! Love your character and style….

• Donna Westcoast says:

why get rid of Sharon it is Michelle that choose to leave because she didn’t get her way. The golden child that was catered to for years and just had a fit over not being in the spotlight! They offered her good money. Sharon case took her awful story lines and stayed with it and did the best she could. What the heck does Sharon have to do with Michelle quitting? Sheez

• BarbinColorado says:

I couldn’t agree with you more over Sharon but it ruined her character She should have just left like Phyllis is doing. The character of Sharon is forever damaged and cannot be repaired even with the Bi-polar storyline that normally would explain some actions she’s had. Unfortunately for Sharon Case she stayed and married her Father-in-law, brother-in-law and believed every word he told her even after she found out Faith was alive and it was Adam that kept them apart. What a sick couple of folks Adam and Sharon are. If Michelle Stafford said “you aren’t doing that to Phyllis while I am playing her” then good for her. Phyllis can be a real louse at times but she has done thing lately that not even Phyllis would do. So if she’s ready for a change then good for her, it beats stick around and letting this show run you into the ground like they did poor Sharon.

23. jax says:

Best news ever! Can’t stand Phyllis & her creepy character hogs way too much screen time. Victoria Rowell has been bad mouthing Y& R for years … she was never going to be asked back.

• Brenda says:

So glad she is leaving, can’t stand her. Her character Phyllis always got away with every evil thing she did, then acted like a goody two shoes. Hope she never comes back. She almost killed Paul & got away with it, broke up Nick & Sharon & was really at the root of all of Sharon’s problems then act’s like she is sooo much better than her, a BIG trouble maker all around. I say good riddance to her, hope she never comes back.

• BarbinColorado says:

Really Brenda at the root of all of Sharon’s problems? Sharon and Nick couldn’t get over Cassie and they were already going south or Phyllis would not have been in the picture and if you watched everyday Phyllis didn’t push Nick. I agree she got away with a lot but Sharon had affairs and kissed her father-in-law (like that) and Phyllis had nothing to do with most of her loony behavior. Did Phyllis make her fall in love with Adam the man who stole her baby? No she didn’t. And Sharon is a manipulative young lady and whiner and always has been. Most of her downfall was her own doings and she still hasn’t learned her lesson. Who will we blame Sharon’s short comings on when Phyllis is gone? Phyllis is better than Sharon because she can put her big girl panties on and take care of herself. Sharon needs some man to take care of her and she don’t care who it is. I agree with you that Phyllis did some evil things and could be a trouble maker but she kept things going on this show and losing her is going to be a big void. Like her or hate her.

Again, Sony’s loss!!

24. Bellaz says:

Phyllis & Phick were my favourites. Her last day will most likely be mine too.

25. Deb L. says:

Noooooooooo! This is awful.! Y & R Will never be the same. It was tragic enough that we so sadly lost Jeanne Cooper. And now this??? Not good for the ratings! I love Phyllis!

26. Gillian says:

Terrible! The show is going down hill fast. This is a huge loss. Her role has already been significantly reduced & now this? What is Jill Farren Phelps thinking??

27. Disappointed says:

No one can play Phyllis like Michelle Stafford, If I remember correctly I think it was tried before, didn’t work. Good luck Michelle in whatever you choose to do, but I will miss you. In fact, if the stars keep disappearing from The Young and the Restless, I may even change the soaps I watch.

28. latna says:

I love phillis with all my heart she is the only reason I watch young and the restless now am going to stop watching it bye phillis love u.

• hoopee says:

—-I love ‘phillis’ with all my heart—

That’s so sweet. Love her that much, but don’t even know how to spell her name. Some people never get to spend any time with the person they ‘love with all of their heart’ and you’ve had 20 years of it 5 days a week for an hour. Be so thankful you had her to be the love of your heart. Otherwise, you would have no one. Remember, “It’s better to love and lost, than never loved at all.”

in the meantime…..GET A LIFE!

29. latna says:

I feel so sad phyllis u are greatly miss can’t get enough of u I love you

30. Julie McLaughlin says:

I started watching Y&R long before Phyllis came on the scene. I was thrilled when Michelle Stafford came back on the scene. She totally took the character to new heights. She supports so many story lines and is friends or foes with all of the principal characters. It just doesn’t make sense for someone of this caliber to leave the show. It was bad enough that Jeanne Cooper left us and now this! My husband will deny that he likes the show but one day we were talking and he admitted that Phyllis was his favorite person on the show. She’s mine too. I do miss the red hair but I can stand a little change now and again. However, changes like this can become the downfall of a show in a genre that is shaky. Michelle—if you have anything to say about this, please stay. And, CBS, if you care, don’t let her leave.

• Marianne says:

It is so funny you say that, because when I am watching it, my husband always says that Mrs. Romalatti (sp?) is his favorite too! That is how long I have been watching it, since college!!!!! Bar none, hands down, she is the best actress on that show!!!

31. RFK says:

Good bye and good riddance to bad trash!

32. Meg says:

You can’t get mad at anyone cuz it was her decision to leave the show. Her final episodes will wrap up in june. We should all respect her choice as fans and truely support her in everything she does in the future.

33. Carol Starling says:

MS a very good actress; from the comments above saying they hated her, it means she did her job well. Sassy, trashy, but very intriguing. I will follow her where ever she lands; maybe real tv. With so many pivotal actors leaving YR it may change my viewership. Will see….I liked the continuity
    of the script and characters.

• Rachel says:

You nailed it! She did a great job, and I am moving on from this soap, just sucks, I am sure that is why she is moving on.Soap to Suds.

34. amanda says:

So glad she is leaving! The 50 y/o thrashing her way through a miscarriage on her penthouse floor has to be the highlight of her horrible acting. Maybe they will replace her with Robin C from GH.

• trayjohn says:

Yes, Robin Christopher would make a good phyllis, so would Sarah Buxton, she has that sex kitten thing going for her

• Molott01 says:

Right, yes, Robin Christopher is an excellent actress and would be a great Phyllis Summers Abbott Newman. (Did I forget one?)

35. JoyAnne says:

Why don’t they simply rename the show ‘Hollywood Heights Castoffs’ and done with it.

• Rachel says:

I have no idea, every one is breaking up at the same time. They have like 6-7 couples breaking up at the same time!, bad writers.

36. nona says:

Thank goodness.Idont watch it a lot because of her.Shes way over dramatic for me.

37. R. Camp says:

I too will be done with the young and the restless as I have now written off the bold and the beautiful of my list of soaps watching for letting Steffy loose her baby and liam and hope getting back with each other. I hate the writers on this show. All they do is recycle the same old stories. I like Steffy wit liam and she having a baby…I am done with the Bold and the Beautiful and I will definetly be done with the Young and the Restless if Phyllis is no longer in the show. It is bad enough that we loose Ms. Chancellor a remarkable Actor…May she rest in peace…but the show is becoming boring and with Phyllis gone will be doomed. VR can stay away, she serves no purpose in the show.

• Molott01 says:

What are you people so afraid of? That VR will be the spectacular Emmy award winning actress she has always been, bring Y&R from the brink of extinction (where is totally is!) and make all of our eat crow??!!!!

38. dana says:

dont even know that i will continue to watch the show after she is gone..she is fiesty,fun sexy and brings so much life to the show…i am very sad..

39. Diana Wyman says:

Y & R is full of surprises, especially sense Jason from General Hospital is casted on y & r. Changes are good Michelle probably wants to leave , doing lthe same thing day in and day out will get get boring for anyone. Good luck to her in what ever she is going to take on.

40. valerie amiot says:

Noooo,I hate all the old cast leaving,I’ve been watching since 1978 and have seen a lot come and go .
    STOP ITTTT!

41. sherrie says:

Will miss phylis but I like nick with avery and chelsea with dylan. To bad phylis and adam were never paired up. Those 2 personalities would of made a great couple.

42. Georgia Daum says:

Michelle Stafford has been one of the ‘rocks” of the show for so many years – she is TOTALLY related to Y&R!!! Unheard of – like Victor or Nikki leaving.. If she is leaving of her own accord and happiness, that’s another thing – but my days of watching Y&R (except for a few Victor glances) are OVER! Maybe too many “younger” characters being brought on all at once – and less “core” folks..

43. Lisa G says:

I’ve watched Y&R since the beginning. When Michelle Stafford joined the cast, the show got really interesting. Daytime tv is going down hilll now that they are adding more and more talk shows. They need to keep the last three soaps as interesting as they can. I cannot live without them! I have been watching the for 40 years! Keep the veteran actors and keep them happy!

• I watched from the very first day. I have been through many change, but Michelle leaving is over the top wrong!!!! The poster is correct who said the ones hating on her just means she plays her role very well.

44. Skitt says:

I’m also going to miss MS as Phyllis. she is such a strong character. That said, MS is a talented actress and is certainly able to make the decisions as to where her career goes. I’ve seen her in several TV movies and enjoyed her very much. Good Luck, MS, I’ll keep an eye out for you and I’m sure to see you in different roles!

45. shoepaq says:

Michelle is a phenomenal actress, a powerhouse. She brought the depth and complexity to Phyllis’ character like no other could. I think they have to recast though because Phyllis is so integral to the storylines. I don’t know how any other actress will be able to fill Michelle’s shoes though from her extraordinary acting ability to her style and beauty. She will be missed is an understatement and I hope she comes back!!!

46. Ellen Edwards says:

Wonder if they’re are trying to just get rid of the Soaps entirely! What will they replace them with? People that work DVR them to watch at night or watch on Soap network if they’re not able to watch in the daytime. SDhzme the new boss is out for blood it seems, or maybe I’ve got the story all wrong!

47. ellie says:

The wrong one is leaving let phyllis stay and get rid of Victoria.

• Bobwww says:

I totally AGREE! Victoria has become rude and vindictive. Her pursuit of Adam Newman has become ridiculous. STOP with all the HATE!! Can’t they find a real storyline for her? STOP trying to be Victor Newman #2! KEEP PHYLLIS on Y&R!! She is far more interesting and qualified.

• Len says:

Or Sharon…I cannot stand her!!!

• petey says:

Sharon Case is a very good actress, it is the writers who can’t make up their minds about her. OBTW I am 9 years older than my hubby. He is the most wonderful man in the world. I thank god every day for sending into my life a man who though 9 years younger was more adult that the jerk my age who tormented me for 10 years.