Hot Video: Teen Wolf Season 3 Brings Alpha Terror, Blood and a Major Death Toll

“This might hurt.”

That’s the warning on the latest trailer for Teen Wolf‘s third season, debuting June 3 at 10/9c on MTV — and they’re not kidding. Things get downright hairy, bloody and deadly in the following teaser.

RELATED | Scream TV Series Gets Pilot Order at MTV

There’s a new pack of Alpha werewolves in town and their leader (played by Last Resort‘s Gideon Emery) has it out for Scott.

So how does one stop such a menace when, as the teen observes, “people keep getting killed” when he tries to fight back? The solution might surprise you — and lead to the demise of one fan favorite.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek and then hit the comments with your thoughts.

P.S. — If you need to catch up on all the action, Teen Wolf: Back to the Pack, an hour-long special recapping the first two seasons, airs May 27 at 10 pm, while the entire second season unspools June 3 from 10 am to 10 pm.

Tags: ,

Comments (54)

• I’m really curious how they’ll tackle the departures of Colton and Gage without a “they moved” or “car accident” cop-out.

Comment by Taylor – May 20, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gage is out?

Comment by luli – May 20, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes it turns out the alpha pack killed her

Comment by dweedledee – June 2, 2013 11:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Erica was killed by either the alphas or Boyd and Cora(Derek’s little sister which he thought was dead). And Jackson moved to London. Lol WerewOlf of London

Comment by Wazi – June 11, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got caught up with the first two seasons of Teen Wolf. Pretty surprised how solid this series actually is. Not sure how there gonna tackle Colton Haynes leaving the show when he was such a huge part of season 2.

Comment by JJ – May 20, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh lord. This season is going to kill me.

Comment by Alia – May 20, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica is going be killed off and jackson “moved to london”. At least thats what i read.

Comment by Chris – May 20, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know why they killed Erica. I liked her character. I hope they do more with Lydia this season.

Comment by Fabe – May 20, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG! They didn’t decide on her leaving. The ACTOR left. And the show had to cope with it.

Comment by Blabla – May 27, 2013 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Erica and Colton leaving really isnt that big of a deal. Only the fangirls will miss them

Comment by dean – May 20, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Colton’s doing just fine on Arrow. Just wait until his character has to start doing the Oliver Queen designed workout routine!

Comment by theschnauzers – May 20, 2013 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he has to gain like 20-25 pounds of muscle for next season. colton says he thinks he might be putting on his own costume.

Comment by TJCrinc – May 20, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • anybody else see the link at the top:

umm ‘scott-dead’? better not..

Comment by chalms – May 20, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited I can’t stand it!

Comment by Walter – May 20, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Lead to a demise of one fan favorite.” Do they mean Gage?

Comment by Sarah – May 20, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m assuming Melissa McCall – I don’t get the impression that Gage was too many viewers’ favorite. (Though I will miss her, mainly because Tyler Hoechlin’s acting improved dramatically in scenes with her.)

Comment by Matt the Bruins fan – May 20, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sad to see Erica go but this season does look amazing!

Comment by tvaddict – May 20, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CAN’T WAiT UNTiL THE SEASON STARTS.

Comment by MzSweetPrincess – May 20, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta say, most excited about Gideon Emery.

Comment by Joey – May 20, 2013 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who is Gage? As long as they don’t kill Stiles or Derek I’m ok because they are the reason I watch the show.

Comment by wednesday – May 20, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t Peter suppose to stick around this season? Did they sign him on as a regular? I hope so because I really like him & his relationship with all the boys. He actually brings humor to the show.

Comment by wednesday – May 20, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • teenwolf is da best eva I jst hope scotts friends dont die bcoz I still want a seison 4
    to come out and I love them all derek stiles scott nd jackson

Comment by tarryn – May 25, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *the *ever *just *because *season *and

Comment by Ryan – May 26, 2013 12:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont want it to stop
    and wot abt peter I hope he stays

Comment by tarryn – May 25, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sucks that they are taking Colton of the show but I think it will still be a good season besides Scott becomes a alpha so yea and hoping there will be season 4

Comment by Solomon – May 26, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched this trailer at least 20 time no exaggeration

Comment by Solomon – May 26, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does nobody care that scott becomes an alpha? I guess in the only one that has been wait since day one for that to happen.

Comment by Alicia – May 26, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow!! This looks awesome… I can’t wait! This shows getting pretty tense huh? 😇

Comment by Jenessa – May 27, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UMM HELLO PEOPLE!! Does anyone care that Melissa McCall, aka Scotts MOM is DEAD?!!!! He going to go nuts!!!

Comment by Liv – May 29, 2013 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She isn’t really dead, it was just a hulisanation

Comment by Elizabeth – August 8, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i cant wight to see watts is going on this season
    i also want to know what the different kinds of eye colors mean
    and i home the 2 packs actually team up to defeat a bigger threat

Comment by leira – June 5, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is derek going to die i hope not can someone please help me and fwll me if he is going to die or not

Comment by Jaylen – June 8, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Scott is going to just develope into an alpha, instead of killing one to become one. just a feeling.

Comment by Amos – June 8, 2013 10:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, does anyone care that it looked like Scott and his mom are gonna die?! I luv Scott and his mom Teen wolf wouldn’t be Teen wolf without either o those characters.

Comment by kelsey – June 15, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they kill Scott’s mom causing him to go into his animal instincts and becoming a killer , therefore the scene where he’s killing himself. It’s a change from the first few episodes where he states that everything is going to be diffrent. Also if you watch closely in one of the preview they switch eye color from I.e. yellow and red but also black I think he starts out with yellow then goes crazy ( black) then finally finds himself and becomes an alpha (red)

Comment by Mac – June 20, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nah reckon scott will go form yellow to red then black as some kind of uber alpha aka the alpha of all alphas.

Comment by Alex – June 23, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that would make the show more intense if scott were to go nuts over his moms death. Its not that I don’t like the whole better son, better student, better friend plan, but I don’t know because I think its kinda funny when scott goes all crazy. I just think we should see a little bit ore action from his character. Not to be a hater or anything, but I really just don’t care that much about boyd or cora.

Comment by kelsey – June 24, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK! No Scott is not “dead” or going to die.. HE IS the TEEN WOLF! and yes he does become an alpha.. The vet says “don’t Stop them Lead them.. And of course the main couple that has been on the show ( Scot & Allison ) will get back together.. Eventually

Comment by Bradon – June 28, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the vet doesn’t say “dont stop them lead them” he says “dont stop them leave them”

Comment by Joe – July 10, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And obviously his mom isn’t going to die. I mean they wouldn’t show such a TRAGIC scene in a trailer.. would just ruin the show

Comment by Bradon – June 28, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • cant wait for the new episode of teen wolf this Monday I wonder if scott will become an alpha but I don’t think they will do that so early in the season. I cant get enough of ma teen wolf. I have literally seen every episode of teen wolf that has happened so far about 5 times each. I have an obsession. They always say that the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem. BUT I DONT CARE, I LUV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by kelsey – July 1, 2013 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kelsey, I think you’re right! As much as I would love for Scott to become an alpha now – I do feel that it’s too early on in the season for that to happen.

I think Ennis might die today (Ep. 05 Frayed) but we could get a surprise and another alpha could be the one to die… Maybe it’s Derek that delivers the ‘Final Blow’ to kill whoever is destined to die in todays episode… This wil then enable to the season to carry on a bit more until Scott becomes an Alpha.

I too saw the bit where it seems that Scotts mum is killed by Duke… Who knows?
    This may send him over the edge and send him on an Alpha killing spree thus enabling him to become an Alpha…

Or!!!!??? Seeing as Scott’s and Isaac’s relationship seems to be changing, he may just evolve into an Alpha negating the need to kill one…

Time will tell and we’ll just have to be patient :(

Comment by Dan D26 – July 1, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dan, you are my new best friend when it comes to talking about everything about teen wolf. I think you are right about what you were saying about scott and how if his mom dies it might put him over the edge. I guess we will just have to find out tonight when teen wolf comes on fo the new episode. I think the season 3 is getting really action packed but I guess time will tell when scott will become an alpha. Until then we just gotta be patient.

Comment by kelsey – July 1, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Derek is dead I can’t believe this crap

Comment by Stanley Holland – July 1, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry cause I don’t think he is really dead. They will find some way to save him. He is a main character. And they aren’t going to kill him off so early. There are still a lot more episodes . Besides, I am wondering more about why scott is able to control Isaac and boyd so easily. there is somethin up that we don’t know yet. Im sure that they will explain it in the new episode next week. Hey at least the season is getting more action packed.

Comment by kelsey – July 1, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I noticing that too about Scott being able to control Isaac and Boyd. And his fight against the alpha in frayed when Scott’s eyes were red for a few seconds. Scott I believe will become an alpha in the next few episodes. It may be a big thing but With all the stuff going on with the alphas, Scott becoming one isn’t a big deal

Comment by Chris – July 2, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • no no no no no no. I just saw the preview for the episode o teen wolf next week. I think this is the one where his mom dies. That cant happen! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by kelsey – July 2, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scot kills one of the twins thats how he becomes one.

Comment by Donny – July 9, 2013 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it will be really cool to see scott finally become an alpha. I wonder how he will deal with that

Comment by kelsey – July 10, 2013 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scotts mom doesn’t die its just scott hallucinating at the hotel and it makes him go all suicidal.

Comment by sam – July 24, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off I would just like to say ive looked all around to try and look for clues and hints etc. To see if there will be a season 4 ….but there wont be sooo thiss leads to the show coming to an end with scotts moms death and scott killing himself

Comment by @_KennyMontana_ – August 2, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love teenwolf an un like adas I’m not gana predict wat might ot might not hpn if I was da writer/producer ,wouldn’t da storie go my way lol so as much as I wanna change da scenes I cnt so I’ll ma w8 an c how it goes I loved all 3 seazns thus far I jst hope dat scott an allison end up 2geda 4good and lidia an styles end up 2geda an my VIP man derick needs a gal bt a true non alien type gal bt a sweet mrmal gal dat he cn love an loves hm bk hs been twice disapointd inda love departmnt so yeah dats da things I hope happn …what cn I say I’m a hopeless romantic

Comment by Pooja – August 13, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post